CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beer network..yay!

BLOG97.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have file and print share turned on? Does your home network have a specific work group name other than the default that you connect to? I would start by checking basic settings, I am sure that's all it is

Ugh, if he's inadvertantly using ICS and Home Networking.....o_O
I refuse to use any Windows inter-networking at all. I have switches for that.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Networking and The Internet as demonstrated by Cats:

TCP/IP layers:

tcp-ip-cat-layers.jpg

LAN Party on the Home Network
(Too much P2P traffic so bandwidth is being throttled by the ISP and there is congestion)

cat_meetup.jpg

The Internet:

the-internet-is-a-series-of-tubes-and-theyre-filled-with-cats.jpg

Social Media:

Social_Media_Explained4-800x457.png

Last edited:

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did anyone take advantage of the Halloween sales? I scorn Perfection
vapes for not discounting my Krack.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did anyone take advantage of the Halloween sales? I scorn Perfection
vapes for not discounting my Krack.

I bought 4 50 ml bottles last time they had a sale and there all just sitting there....I just don't like them, I go 50/50 I think when I should have bought VG, they make my face itch and upset my stomach for some reason, "reaction I guess

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought 4 50 ml bottles last time they had a sale and there all just sitting there....I just don't like them, I go 50/50 I think when I should have bought VG, they make my face itch and upset my stomach for some reason, "reaction I guess
If you're talking about Krackle Kringle, name your price and I could paypal you. Unless you already have plans for them.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My cat, Nikko, is a jealous husband. When he caught me sneaking some food to a stray tomcat he wouldn't sleep with me for 3 weeks.

LOL...I know how that goes as well...

Mine wasn't a feeding issue, it was a fire alarm that went off and the ensuing chaos that scared her and she blamed/shunned me for a week.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're talking about Krackle Kringle, name your price and I could paypal you. Unless you already have plans for them.

There 18mg? Vanilla Dipped Treat, Krackle Kringle, Banana Nut Kringle, Creamy Treat
I filled a tank out of each one and that's it, pretty much filled to the top still

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Current setup.. 2 DSL lines through bridged modems into a load balancing router out to a 8 port gigabit switch and wired to Xbox.. switch to main pc (below it), NAS, and wifi router..

J52NBDO.jpg

Pleasingly complicated.

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pleasingly complicated. What's your bit rate with dual DSL?
That would be the reason I got dual.. They are both 8/.75 and they refuse to upgrade higher even though I am only 8k feet from either DSLAM.. Wont interleave them either. So got the load balance router to combine them, kinda. I can get just over 16 down, 1.6 up this way for most things, like, um, 'downloading', but streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube) still only use one line. Good news is, that if say Im watching Netflx upstairs, and wife starts a stream downstairs, we each get out own line :)

Friggin expensive paying for 2 lines though :(

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That would be the reason I got dual.. They are both 8/.75 and they refuse to upgrade higher even though I am only 8k feet from either DSLAM.. Wont interleave them either. So got the load balance router to combine them, kinda. I can get just over 16 down, 1.6 up this way for most things, like, um, 'downloading', but streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Youtube) still only use one line. Good news is, that if say Im watching Netflx upstairs, and wife starts a stream downstairs, we each get out own line :)

Reason #7 for..................................well, you know where I'm going with that lol

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe sexy will bring them back....?

529956160-freak.jpg

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
damn, I can never unsee that - where is my eye bleach
If that is the first time you have ever seen that particular image, then you were deprived during the 70's and 80's for us in the rerun generaltion :)

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not too helpful with your immediate task, I know, but for future reference. I solved this several years ago by using Chrome on all my machines. My bookmarks sync between all (Windows, Linux, Chromebook and Mac) whenever they are online. Other browsers (IE) offer similar features, but I find it's a breeze with Chrome, which I already preferred anyway.
I use an addon called xmarks, cross platform and cross browser, and you can get to them on the web too

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I was just getting ready to ask how much a DSL line is nowdays. They used to be incredibly expensive and I didn't realize you could still get the things.

See what some of you are posting... I kind of feel bad telling you what my datarate is on a bad day, much less a good one...

VU Sponsors