Alternate Universe

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Short of Just Me's thing, maybe "short" was the wrong word to use, hell is standing in line at the grocery store behind 3 little old ladies. Sigh.

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These 2 guys walk into a bar...

...which is really stupid, cuz you'd think if the first guy walked into it, the second guy would have seen it.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been really good sticking to my calories the last couple weeks, having a cheat day only last Sat.
I decided today would make a good cheat day since it's a week later. Then I decided I was craving ribs. THEN I remembered I have a free rack coming to me from the best BBQ joint in my city. Hell yeah. I'm goin' shithouse on some ribs tonight. (and lunch tomorrow, since there will be a few leftover)
Wish i had will power. Getting chocolate covered cheesecake now

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Carbs are yummy

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh Jeebus FUCKING Khrist.

Ok so, a couple months ago, I decided I really loved my Mini Protank 2 enough that I "eventually" wanted to replace all my TS3 styles (a dozen) with Mini Protank 2s. Pink, of course! Or, you know, the "red" as Kanger called it, but it was a light red, also known as PINK. :)

Here's how they look:
0f3e34f3b35e290b7d85a5bb0c79f4a8.jpg

Well, "eventually" came a couple weeks ago, I found a pretty good price and ordered 6. They came in the mail and.. Aw, wtf? They're actually red now! Kanger updated. Goddammit.
8bfb0452b49a2e5d63e5ae8052b0b17c.jpg

Ok, I'll just order pink replacement glass and make them pink, right? Ordered "fuchsia" replacement glass from Fasttech. Fuchsia is like a vibrant pink. Good stuff, exciting.

Few days later, I still want 6 more tanks. Ooh, I find a listing with the pink version! Buy 6 more. They arrive, and they're fucking red too.

Couple days later, FT order arrives. I tear into it, the glass is fucking PURPLE!

884cf264e5d5796937e68f2e2a0ac5bd.jpg

I am not a fan.

I'm losing my OCD shit by now.

I go on ebay and find a listing for Mini Protank replacement glass, and rather than risk it I ASK the seller, is this actual red red or light pinkish red? They write back and say it's the light pinkish red. I say Oh hell yeah and ask if I can save by buying 12. He says sure, 3.50 each. I'm wicked psyched! Paid right away off-ebay.

Package came today--So fast YAY!

I tear into it, here's what I find....
0ad15afe5bc31ad9d419cbd193413adb.jpg

Regular size Protank replacement glass. I need *Mini*. The listing I asked the question on was Mini. But we did the transaction outside ebay, so I wonder if I'm fucked.

I'm actually about to cry.

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well...you've got plenty of tanks now!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well...you've got plenty of tanks now!

No, I have 12 tanks in a color I don't love (I wanted 12 pink) and a fuck ton of useless glass tubes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WOW. I'm sorry I giggled. Truly, sorry. It actually looks pretty cool, though, in real red. And now, I realize it doesn't match your rainbow gear. That does suck. Aw, sorry Mermaid. That blows. I have one in pale lavendar, but when it's full.... can't tell at all.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WOW. I'm sorry I giggled. Truly, sorry. It actually looks pretty cool, though, in real red. And now, I realize it doesn't match your rainbow gear. That does suck. Aw, sorry Mermaid. That blows. I have one in pale lavendar, but when it's full.... can't tell at all.
It is funny, I'm not mad atcha. I will laugh one day if I ever manage to get my goddamn pink mini glass tubes.

I have a glass tube cutter and torches, thought about going rogue and just ordering a loooong glass pink Pyrex tube but.. Ugh then I gotta measure, and torch-smooth the ends, and inevitably end up fucking 'em up with lumps or too much melting.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No need to spend more money that intended! Hopefully you can get the seller to work with you on those. Don't leave feedback til you find out. I'm the kinda person that pays attn to negative reviews, no matter how many great ones there are, then I make a decision.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ok so, a couple months ago, I decided I really loved my Mini Protank 2 enough that I "eventually" wanted to replace all my TS3 styles (a dozen) with Mini Protank 2s. Pink, of course! Or, you know, the "red" as Kanger called it, but it was a light red, also known as PINK. :)

Here's how they look:

Well, "eventually" came a couple weeks ago, I found a pretty good price and ordered 6. They came in the mail and.. Aw, wtf? They're actually red now! Kanger updated. Goddammit.

Ok, I'll just order pink replacement glass and make them pink, right? Ordered "fuchsia" replacement glass from Fasttech. Fuchsia is like a vibrant pink. Good stuff, exciting.

Few days later, I still want 6 more tanks. Ooh, I find a listing with the pink version! Buy 6 more. They arrive, and they're fucking red too.

Couple days later, FT order arrives. I tear into it, the glass is fucking PURPLE!

I am not a fan.

I go on ebay and find a listing for Mini Protank replacement glass, and rather than risk it I ASK the seller, is this actual red red or light pinkish red? They write back and say it's the light pinkish red. I say Oh hell yeah and ask if I can save by buying 12. He says sure, 3.50 each. I'm wicked psyched! Paid right away off-ebay.

Regular size Protank replacement glass. I need *Mini*. The listing I asked the question on was Mini. But we did the transaction outside ebay, so I wonder if I'm fucked.

Getting hypnotherapy to add new fave colors isn't an option?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Here's how they look:

I am not a fan.

Cool Collection!!!
You set on the mini though...What a friggon bummer:(

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No need to spend more money that intended! Hopefully you can get the seller to work with you on those. Don't leave feedback til you find out. I'm the kinda person that pays attn to negative reviews, no matter how many great ones there are, then I make a decision.
We went off ebay, tho.
Getting hypnotherapy to add new fave colors isn't an option?
No, because pink is the best color ever, hypnotism ain't gonna change facts :p
well..... I like the purple if it's any consolation
I'll put them in the next box I send if you can use them?
Cool Collection!!!
You set on the mini though...What a friggon bummer:(
They're all pink inside, not assorted colors like the box lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We went off ebay, tho.

No, because pink is the best color ever, hypnotism ain't gonna change facts :p

I'll put them in the next box I send if you can use them?

They're all pink inside, not assorted colors like the box lol
No fuckin way.........shit:mad:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is funny, I'm not mad atcha. I will laugh one day if I ever manage to get my goddamn pink mini glass tubes.

I have a glass tube cutter and torches, thought about going rogue and just ordering a loooong glass pink Pyrex tube but.. Ugh then I gotta measure, and torch-smooth the ends, and inevitably end up fucking 'em up with lumps or too much melting.

You really wouldn't need a torch for that if the cut was good. Silicon carbide wet/dry sandpaper works in a pinch. Or plain grit on plate glass. The problem is the tubing. Asian pink comes in 12mm, 16mm, 18mm, 25mm, but it's not thin wall really...more like medium. Every place I buy from will cut tubing in half to save on shipping though.

In any case, I hope that seller works with you! If he says no, just tell him OK, you'll tell your buds on VU. hehe

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So tired, gonna take a nap. Otherwise I'll be napping during mod envy.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish I could watch Mod Envy but I got up at 5:30 and now I'm dozing off. Someone win me something nice! :D Goodnight

VU Sponsors