Become a Patron!

Always lounge

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
43159900.jpg
Why did I know who posted this without even looking?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm trying a (4) core alien.... Raymo is assisting with pictures and stuff.....View attachment 63801View attachment 63802View attachment 63804View attachment 63805

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Instead of paperclips try using 2"-3" inches of ribbon wire and loosely wrap it around your wires, then pinch with nylon pliers. This will give it the same amount of ridgity but allow you to slide them easier and when you pinch them the ribbon conforms to the wire better. Its like a molded brace that can be moved as needed, I use them for just about everything and they are especially helpful for wires that involve Ribbon wire or multiple cores, you can also use them to attach framing or more wire after each staging of wrap (Staggertons and more).

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAHAHAHA I wanted one too, I have a S7 edge but can't stand it since it's so small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still rocking the
Note 3, rooted/custom ROM & carrier unlocked, running 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Unlimited Data and Hotspot unthrottled.
3day extended battery.
Awesome phone, big screen, 128gb microSD in the expandable storage, excellent camera.
I love this phone.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Morning early birds

I have had some wicked, weird dreams the last 2 nites. Hubs actually woke me up at 3:30 AM bcuz I was yelling out in my sleep. I wanted to punch him in the face. Not in my dream, in real life for waking my ass up

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But on a better note I ordered 1100ft of various gauges of SS316L.

I've only used Kanthal. It the SS hard to work with? And I know this sounds weird, but is the taste gross with SS? I've I normally used 28g Kanthal around .40-.70 ohm, what size SS would I get?

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only used Kanthal. It the SS hard to work with? And I know this sounds weird, but is the taste gross with SS? I've I normally used 28g Kanthal around .40-.70 ohm, what size SS would I get?

I'm one of the folks who think kanthal has a dirty dirty taste lol, if you want when it arrives I can send you a couple of strands of it in a couple of sizes to let you try.

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What red said...just have to make spaced coils instead of squeezing them together. And no need to dry fire...in fact, it's a bad idea.

And, with that thought in mind, using this as a guideline...

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

We'll take your 0.7 ohm coil as an example with some assumptions...

Kanthal - 2mm wrap, 28g, 0.05 spacing on your wraps = 4 wraps
SS316L - 2mm wrap, 28g, 1mm spacing on your wraps = 8-9 wraps

So, in theory, SS at the same gauge = more wraps = more surface area = more flavor (maybe) and bigger clouds (maybe but probably)

VU Sponsors