Become a Patron!

any new mods to reccommend?

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I had set my eyes on the new Joytech Cuboid but after reading tons of reviews I've heard such awful things and other good things about the device. This has now led me to be uneven about my next mod purchase.

Can anyone recommend a decent mod that is decent on battery life, good amount of power and compact? anything similar in the cuboid? or if anyone knows of new devices to be released this upcoming year?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ummmm... what style of vaping are you looking to do?

temp limiting?
power vapor?
mouth to lung?
what are you looking to spend?
any preference to a maker?

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im coming from a pen.. so .. haha.

but I am looking to spend no more then $90-$100 CND. i am looking to get something that can produce a lot of vapour if i want it too. i just went to a local vape store to feel the wismec and Cuboid. they both felt great but i don't want to spend money on a 4 battery charger lol. money is an issue for me. I'm trying to keep costs as low as possible.

another option i saw at this store was the smok x cube or something?

can anyone give their opinion or experience with these

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smok X CUBE II has been out for a while. It lets you play with quite a bit and has that strip of running light which was fun when Imgirst got it. Now it also let you upgrade to be able to use Ti01 and SS wires for free.
Other option that I would recommend if you're looking for a high wattage is the IPV5 that has just been released or if you can wiat a bit longer then the SnowWolf V2.0 but I'm not sure about pricing on that one.
Also, if you just came from a pen-type, you might want to check something smaller with a single battery. Choices are abundant. I've used, and still using, the IPV D2, subox mini, Cloupor Mini+, juxt to name a few that hasn't fail me yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got an IPV5 (200 watts TC) yesterday and it is well built with solid performance. You might want to consider the Vapor Flask Stout (100watts TC) if you want something more compact with long battery life using a single 26650.

You can pick up the IPV5 in the $60 range and the Stout for $75 from this vendor: http://www.shop12south.com/collecti...roducts/vapor-flask-stout-100w-low-price-sale

I have a Stout coming in tomorrow and have held and used my friends Stout and it is a solid, well built mod. If I could only choose one it might be the IPV5, brighter screen, ramps up a little faster in power and 200 watts vs 100 watts. Build quality on both is outstanding, the Smok X Cube II and Sigelei 150W TC pale in comparison IMO.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm showing 90cad to be in the 60-70$ usd range- since you don't want to mess with a charger or batteries, out of the built in battery mods I think
The easiest and least expensive options for you, in my opinion would be innokin...
probably either the 80w cortex, the 70w coolfire 4plus, or the 50w innokin disruptor.
all three have built in batteries, with the exception of the last. the disruptor is 50w which, compared to what is out right now is not much, but, coming from a pen, that is huge. I get a great vape at 50w, in fact that's my all day vape right there. the disruptor uses a lipo batter that can be charged via usb and swapped out. its really worth a look and the batteries can be bought as needed for 15-20$ USD.
the cortex is 80w and does temp limiting, the batteriy is built in and will probably last you 12-18 month, the way vaping is that is a long time, within a year in pretty sure you will find something else to replace it. lol
the coolfire 4plus is 70w woith a similar battery situation.
innokin mods are built very tough and able to take a sever beating, not that I would suggest it.
best of luck to you

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just picked up a Cuboid, Crown, and 2 LG batteries from Myvaporstore.com for like $78

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
how is the cuboid?

Love it. I got the SS with the SS Crown. It looks sick. I still like my Reuleauxs better but this mod is more pocket friendly. However, I just got a VF Classic today and this just might be my new favorite mod.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really depends on what you plan to do with it. If you plan to just run tanks at 50w or less, something like the iPV D3 or D2 (cheaper), will probably work just fine. It is very compact. The D2 with a tank is my "go to" when I'm working or driving. If you plan to run more power down the road or even get into RDA's, 2 batteries is a must in my opinion. I have used an RDA on mine, but the battery goes down quickly at 50+ watts obviously.

I have the X Cube. It is definitely fun to tinker with and performs well. The biggest cons I have are the fire button is easily pressed if it's in a pocket or cupholder and not locked. The second is the battery contacts tear up the covers on the batteries which can cause a short if they are too badly damaged.

Hands down though, my RX200 is my favorite. It is built rock solid, and I really like the battery capacity. If buying a 4 bay charger is your biggest turnoff with the RX, it does charge them in the mod through the included USB cable. I have used my iPhone charger to plug it in, and it works just fine, just a little bit slower. You would easily get a days use out of it, and can just charge it overnight. You can always grab a charger down the road. They can be found online much cheaper than in a store as well. I have a Nitecore that was maybe $20?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi,

I had set my eyes on the new Joytech Cuboid but after reading tons of reviews I've heard such awful things and other good things about the device. This has now led me to be uneven about my next mod purchase.
I don't care for it. Don't like the aesthetics and am sceptical of the battery door.

Can anyone recommend a decent mod that is decent on battery life, good amount of power and compact? anything similar in the cuboid? or if anyone knows of new devices to be released this upcoming year?

Here's my current list (in no particular order):
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200 (3 x 18650) (there are questions about its on-board charger)
  • Vaporesso Tarot 200W TC Mod (2 x 18650)
  • Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini (1 x 18650) (I already own one of these, thinking of a 2nd)
  • Kanger KBox 120W or 200W TC Box Mod (2 x 18650)
  • Pioneer4you IPV5 200W (2 x 18650)
  • Eleaf iStick TC100W (2 x 18650) (don't care for the aesthetics)
  • Joyetech Cuboid (2 x 18650) (don't care for the aesthetics, sceptical of the battery door)
  • VaporFlask Stout (1 x 26650) (reports that current crop of 26650s can't hack it, don't care for the aesthetics)
  • Wismec Classic 150W (2 x 18650) (don't care for the aesthetics)
To me the Wismec Classic 150 is currently looking the best, along with the RX200 and eVic-VTC Mini. Need to see some user reports on the Classic 150, Tarot and others, though.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you want battery life nothing out there beats the Reuleaux. The Reuleaux is king of all mods in the battery life department. Want the same performance but more pocket friendly get the Cuboid. I have them both and you can't go wrong with either one.

Ecig Lobby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm thinking about the reuleaux but all those
that smok looks sweet.. is it a new release? no stores around me carry that

Yes, the SMOK R200 is a new release. Check out the SMOK website, http://www.smoktech.com/, in the navigation bar, the vaporizer mod section shows all the mods released by SMOK. And R200 is the latest released one.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still pissed off at P4Y for not updating the IPV3 Li to SS in TC. That being said, the IPV5 really seems like a very nice mod for the money. I really like Evolv and Yihi chips. The chip in the IPV5 seems like just a slight step down from the SX350J which sells for more than the the whole IPV5 does. If I was looking for a dual 18650 mod in the $50 range, it would be on my short list.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got the smok r200 being delivered soon. Got it from fasttech for 40$ with 10% coupon RUMBUST(but wouldn't order from china bc of cny coming up). But its alot like the xcube2 but with a front facing screen and 200 watts. Also doesn't have bluetooth but i'd never use that.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If I was looking for a dual 18650 mod in the $50 range, [the IPV5] would be on my short list.
I think it's on mine. I think a dual 18650 is what I want. Two things give me pause:
  1. Please don't flame me, but the feeling I have is I've read of more people having various problems with P4Y mods than competing products. That could be a mistaken impression.
  2. The finish looks a bit "glossy," to me. Hard to say from the images I've seen. As many of you are no doubt aware: I do not like shiny finishes on things like this.
The Wismec Classic 150W is still at the top of my list, but the IPV5 is certainly in the running. Being as I don't have money for either, right now, I certainly have time to decide.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UPDATE:

I got the Cuboid and its awesome.. I'm not experiencing any problems that I've heard rumoured. the only thing that was odd was when i opened it there was some smudges on the screen but the people at the shop i got it from said most vapes have that.. plus there is a screen protector on it right now. TC is sweet on this thing !!!

either way thank you to everyone who recommended types of mods and etc. Really helped me make my decision.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been on a spending spree...as most of us can relate to...

That being said, I have the IPV5, and it is simply fantastic, performs great, looks amazing, perfect fit and finish. Bright screen, easy to use, no button rattle, and so on.
Picked up the smok r80 kit while waiting on my r200 from efun. It is a nice little unit with some cool features. Standard Smok build quality with the same little annoyances as my koopor +, namely button rattle.
Both my kbox 120 and 200 are great. Super small, easy to use, solid build and finish, buttons nice and responsive, no button rattle.
Tesla nano steampunk, great looking, amazing finish. Good little grab and go mod.
COV mini-volt, bout the size of a zippo! Couldn't resist....

Debating if I want/need a single 18650 mod, vapenw has the presa 75w for $29, and considering I already have a handful of cuboids and rx's might be nice for something a little different eventhough priced relatively the same...or might just have to go with an evic mini as everyone raves about them.

Keeping my eye out for the tarot 200.

After reading the reviews from happy recipients of the vf stout/classic, I am most-likely ordering one of those two from @12south...

My main device is an XPRO Plus Smok m80 mod with a Kanger Subtank on it. As the name suggests, it goes up to 80 watts. I love mine. It will cost you around $60 for the mod. For $60, it's amazing. Short circuit protection, temp control, etc. Check it out.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my cuboid. Got it at first release. Has been my daily, at home mod, with no problems to report.

HD
I also have a new Smok koopers plus. Been sitting in the box for a week and I haven't even put batteries in it. I like my cuboid that much.

HD

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I myself have been eyeing the Cuboid. Although I was wondering if anyone here has the Mini and if the battery life is that much of a difference. I only ask this since I've read some reviews that state the duel 18650's on the cuboid don't really increase the battery life as much as they figured or hoped for. I've been really debating between these two mod's and just don't know which one I would prefer. I would be using them probably mostly in TC on Ti builds if that helps any. Been looking around at all these different mods and my eyes have almost gone crossed and I catch myself drool not because of want but because of smelling burning toast from watching and reading so many reviews. I am just not sure if the Mini would be enough power or just going to the Cuboid would be the smarter choice.

Help me obi-wan you're my only chance!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I am just not sure if the Mini would be enough power or just going to the Cuboid would be the smarter choice.
I suppose, by "Mini," you mean the eVic-VTC Mini? (There are lots of things in vaping with "mini" tacked on.)

Depends on how you'll be using it. For starters: It's always wise to avoid using more Li-ion cells than you need. So if a mod with a single 18650 will get you through the day, then I'd say use a mod with a single 18650. If you're vaping so heavily, or driving something with so many watts, that you need dual- or triple-18650s, then, by all means: Get a mod with dual- or triple-18650s.

I have an eVic-VTC Mini. Been exceedingly pleased with it. Many people feel it was the best mod to come out in 2015, bar none. "Mod Of The Year" sort of a thing. The Cuboid: Not so much. My feeling is that, unless you need a dual-18650 now, wait until the fairly new half-dozen or so competing products have been in users' hands for a while before pushing the button.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would wait for the new sigelei 213w which should be out soon. I think this will be a killer device. I was not impressed with my cuboid. It's okay but I've had better built mods. I have the snow wolf 1.5, the smok r200 and the cuboid as my high power regulated mods. Of course I have mechs as well. I gave my sigelei 150 tc away to my son. Sigelei is always a solid device. I have to say I pick up my smok r200 the most followed by my snow wolf. I rarely use tanks - I use RDAs. My tanks sit unless i'm going out to shop or walk the dog - then I use my cleito or vengeance with my IPV D3, my mini-volt or my evic. I do own a lot of mods - been vaping for a few years.

brassic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suppose, by "Mini," you mean the eVic-VTC Mini? (There are lots of things in vaping with "mini" tacked on.)

Depends on how you'll be using it. For starters: It's always wise to avoid using more Li-ion cells than you need. So if a mod with a single 18650 will get you through the day, then I'd say use a mod with a single 18650. If you're vaping so heavily, or driving something with so many watts, that you need dual- or triple-18650s, then, by all means: Get a mod with dual- or triple-18650s.

I have an eVic-VTC Mini. Been exceedingly pleased with it. Many people feel it was the best mod to come out in 2015, bar none. "Mod Of The Year" sort of a thing. The Cuboid: Not so much. My feeling is that, unless you need a dual-18650 now, wait until the fairly new half-dozen or so competing products have been in users' hands for a while before pushing the button.

Hahah yah vuJim sorry the eVic-VTC Mini was what I ment, when I was typing it out I figured it made sense but I should of stated that. I've really looked at the Mini and it seemed like a great little unit, I just don't currently wanna pull the trigger on the VaporShark DNA 200 just because its like 250+ CND and well just have other things I wanted to get for that price. My biggest question was the ability for it to run at a high enough watt and not drain the battery, as I am just coming from a lame little e-cig thing. I am a big hands on type person and love customizing my things so I am grabbing a RTA most probably right now the Griffin as is it totally clapton friendly and capable of duel builds with a nice sized build deck. That was pretty much where I was coming from for the question of the eVic Mini or the e-Vic Cuboid just didn't want to end up getting a mod that wasn't able to work for what I wanted power wise and battery duration. I know like you've stated you absolutely love the e-Vic Mini and it works great and many others have stated this also as their daily just mod. Guess I might be just over reading and thinking thing haha and should just shut up and buy the Mini and see if it works for what I need and then go from there.

I would wait for the new sigelei 213w which should be out soon. I think this will be a killer device. I was not impressed with my cuboid. It's okay but I've had better built mods. I have the snow wolf 1.5, the smok r200 and the cuboid as my high power regulated mods. Of course I have mechs as well. I gave my sigelei 150 tc away to my son. Sigelei is always a solid device. I have to say I pick up my smok r200 the most followed by my snow wolf. I rarely use tanks - I use RDAs. My tanks sit unless i'm going out to shop or walk the dog - then I use my cleito or vengeance with my IPV D3, my mini-volt or my evic. I do own a lot of mods - been vaping for a few years.

PaulS that's good to know I've researched the Sigelei and was 50/50 on it at least right now as like you said the new one is "coming" out sometime..lol. I need to take a look at the smok r200 and see how I feel about that mod. I have a feeling that I will probably end up getting something smaller and then a power house one just for different situations and to be completely honest I'm a super nerd and that DNA200 board has got me all interested since you can do everything with it.

I appreciate all the info you guys have gave me gives me yet more to think about and look at lol. I feel that I will soon become a drooling mess on my keyboard.

VU Sponsors