Become a Patron!

Apple Honey Butter

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is a work in progress but right out the gate it is tasty. It has more peanut butter flavor than I am looking for in this recipe but I'm working on toning it down. Shake n vape as written if you prefer a more peanut buttery taste, let steep 5-7 days for a slightly less peanut butter taste with a bit more of the butter and honey taste. My plans are to reduce the peanut butter by half again (I started at 2%).

2.5% FA Apple Pie
1% CAP Peanut Butter V2
1% FA Meringue
1% CAP Butter Cream
.5% FA Fuji
.5% NV Real Honey*

*FA Honey will work here just reduce to .25% and work up from there but do not go above .5% with either

Starts off as a nice peanut buttery creamy vape with apple background. After a few days steeping it turns into a very pleasant, warm, creamy, soft Apple Honey Butter with less of the peanut taste in front. Reducing the Peanut Butter to .5% and/or increasing the butter cream should resolve that issue and I will address it tonight and report back. Leave comments please if you try it, I want to know what you guys think.

I should also make mention that I have a difficult time tasting apple so if the addition of Fuji is too much for you, tone it down or completely omit.

Last edited:

MHatt1

Member For 4 Years
I LOVE apple vapes, and am working with the Fuji myself on a few other projects. I've thought about apple butter many times, just didn't know where to start. Since then I've tried a few other lines, which opens up options. I'll be following this one for sure. I'm curious as to how FA Apple (stark) would play into this, or maybe some Double Apple (CAP), possibly giving it that baked apple flavor. I find the Fuji fairly potent, but absolutely love it anyway. The only thing I'm missing for this recipe is the peanut butter, which I'd think would be crucial. My first guess would be that a custard could be added or replace it the PB, but custards tend to get buried for me with stronger fruits like apple.

I may throw some PB on my next order just to see what happens. Definitely keep us updated :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I LOVE apple vapes, and am working with the Fuji myself on a few other projects. I've thought about apple butter many times, just didn't know where to start. Since then I've tried a few other lines, which opens up options. I'll be following this one for sure. I'm curious as to how FA Apple (stark) would play into this, or maybe some Double Apple (CAP), possibly giving it that baked apple flavor. I find the Fuji fairly potent, but absolutely love it anyway. The only thing I'm missing for this recipe is the peanut butter, which I'd think would be crucial. My first guess would be that a custard could be added or replace it the PB, but custards tend to get buried for me with stronger fruits like apple.

I may throw some PB on my next order just to see what happens. Definitely keep us updated :)

You can also add some Brown Sugar for both a baked effect and a sweetener.
And maybe some FA Liquid Amber.

Most real Apple Butter recipes are also using a bit of Cinnamon.
And Allspice + Cloves (Yuk):p.

Just some thoughts...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Sigmardin
BTW thanks for posting the recipe...

I like the Honey idea as it's brings something different into the typical apple types.
Not sure about the Peanut Butter but I'll give it a go anyhow, lol.

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've since removed the Peanut Butter and replaced with
.5% TFA Brown Sugar I think it's working but I do like that idea of FA Liquid Amber. I've got a 10ml bottle of that, I'll give that a shot. Thanks @Heabob
As to the Cinnamon, the FA Apple Pie seems to be providing the appropriate amount of cinnamon imo.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've since removed the Peanut Butter and replaced with
.5% TFA Brown Sugar I think it's working but I do like that idea of FA Liquid Amber. I've got a 10ml bottle of that, I'll give that a shot. Thanks @Heabob
As to the Cinnamon, the FA Apple Pie seems to be providing the appropriate amount of cinnamon imo.

You can also crank up the Brown Sugar anywhere from 1-3%, sweet & gooey, but it's kinda hard on the coils:(.

VU Sponsors