Become a Patron!

Aspire Atlantis coil-fits

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own the amigo riptide v2 and v1 and the coils DO FIT ALL OF THESE TANKS AND VICE VERSA.
I Am currently using the amigo riptide donnar coils in my Starre Freemax Pro tank, and also using them in my PlayBoy vixen tank.
Added thank you much. The top fill one is especially nice looking.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you think those Amigo coils compare, BaerCiggy? I've never tried 'em.
The only tank I own,that only takes stock coils and stock coils only is my uwell crown, which Is OKAY because those coils are exceptionally great.
Besides the Crown, how do you think those Amigo coils compare, BaerCiggy? I haven't heard much about 'em.

Rosiecop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a list of tanks that take the aspire coils

maddcatt vapors

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Show Host
VU Live Host
Mini Vengence Tank Atomizer anyone know if Atlantis coils will work with this tank.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've tried the gClaptons in my Atlantis 1. They weren't that impressive (not even close to the Aspire claptons) and EVERY SINGLE ONE, five in total, broke where the top and bottom connect (directly above the bottom threads) when I tried to unscrew the tank to refill it. I assume they would be fine in the Triton 2 because it's top-fill, so the coil doesn't have to be unscrewed until you're ready to take it out and replace it, but having tried both AtomVapes and Aspire's versions of the clapton, I would save my money and get the Aspires every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The AtomVapes may last longer, but I wouldn't know because they all broke before they were anywhere near gunked up or burnt out. I intend to buy a single at a local shop and give it a go in my Triton 2, but for the Atlantis I'd stay far, far away. They fit, alright. Just don't EVER try to refill your tank once it's empty because it will cost you six bucks every time!

I haven't tried the Vaporessos, but I'm going to the next time I stop at the shop in town that carries them.
just as a sort of update ot this i found that it you just barely over tighten it will disconnect the press fitting with the atom vapes gclaptons but i find i am in agremment with stick ing the aspire version for the atlantis at least.

Mini Vengence Tank Atomizer anyone know if Atlantis coils will work with this tank.
i am going to have to say no given the threading is at slightly different places. i know the cov coils wont fit the atlantis base. i will test the mini venegenace when it is time for a coil swap but my gut says it will not work

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just as a sort of update ot this i found that it you just barely over tighten it will disconnect the press fitting with the atom vapes gclaptons but i find i am in agremment with stick ing the aspire version for the atlantis at least.
I haven't gotten back to the Atom Vapes yet, but I have tried the Vaporessos. I find them to be as good as the Aspire Claptons and better than their SS coils. They have a clean flavor and last for weeks, which is a luxury I haven't experienced with any other brand of coil, chain vaper that I am. The only downsides to the Vaporesso coils is that the ceramic wicking substance takes a bit longer to draw up the juice than cotton, so you have to be cognisant of that fact and avoid taking a hit every five seconds. It's not an overly large pain in the butt as you only need to wait 10-15 seconds between hits, but since I've been known to do back-to-back draws without allowing much time for the coil to completely redraw juice into the wick, this is a minor issue for me. Also, the airflow is less than any other sub-ohm coil I've got. It's not even close to something like the EVOD tanks or the 1.8-ohm Aspire coil made for mouth-to-lung draws, but it allows significantly less air through than regular Aspire coils as well as the Crown, TFV4, Arctic V8, or Cleito coils. After a few draws I barely notice it, but those first couple feel like breathing air through a straw when I've just swapped out my Crown for the Trioton 2 with a Vaporesso coil.

BTW, the new SS 0.5-ohm Vaporessos are very nice. There isn't a huge difference between them and the 0.9s, but it's enough for me to only buy their SS coils in the future.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok quick question , which coil has best airflow and taste / longevity ? I have the melo 2 and 3 and the .3 coils for these are by far the best flavor coils I own . That being said the melo 2 is a little restrictive the melo 3 has better airflow but it is still no crown or tfv any suggestions on coils that I could try ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

KingNaga

Member For 4 Years
With what tank? If you don't use top threads then I would say the Herakles coils. Triton Claptons are really good too. I've been told the Steamtribe and Playboy coils are very nice also.

P.S. The Super Tank Mini coils, both .5 and .25 are really good for flavor and longevity.

Anyone seen these yet?!?!?!
https://www.fasttech.com/product/4734001

Last edited:

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With what tank? If you don't use top threads then I would say the Herakles coils. Triton Claptons are really good too. I've been told the Steamtribe and Playboy coils are very nice also.

P.S. The Super Tank Mini coils, both .5 and .25 are really good for flavor and longevity.

Anyone seen these yet?!?!?!
https://www.fasttech.com/product/4734001
Coils for the melo 2 and 3 , I will look those up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

KingNaga

Member For 4 Years
Vaporesso Gemini Tank - Top Threads NOT Used

Confirmed working on the Triton, Playboy, Herakles coils. This thing is amazing and built extremely well!
It is basically a Herakles Plus with the wide bore driptip of the Griffin and takes Atlantis coils.

Hi. I have a question that i cant seem to find a direct answer for.
I can get my hands on a RBA coil from a Anyvape Sega Tank and i am wondering if it will fit in to my Eleaf Melo 3 tank.
Has anyone done this?
Thanks
Vape Strong!

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi. I have a question that i cant seem to find a direct answer for.
I can get my hands on a RBA coil from a Anyvape Sega Tank and i am wondering if it will fit in to my Eleaf Melo 3 tank.
Has anyone done this?
Thanks
Vape Strong!
Yes it should BUT there are better choices available. Eleaf makes a RBA coil. Aspire Triton RBA coil as well. Vapeston/ Freemax RBA is nice too.
The problem with the anyvape/saucecode RBA is the small build deck and the way it threads together makes it hard to wick and even harder not to disturb the wick when puttting it together. It was innovative at the time but there are better options now.
Another option that I use constantly is just rebuild a stock coil. YouTube has a lot of tutorials on how to make a great coil from an old one. Good Luck!

I threw a brick and it landed here

Last edited:
Yes it should BUT there are better choices available. Eleaf makes a RBA coil and Aspire Triton RBA coil as well. Vapeston/ Freemax RBA is nice too.
The problem with the anyvape/saucecode RBA is the small build deck and the way it threads together makes it hard to wick and even harder not to disturb the wick when puttting it together. It was innovative at the time but there are better options now.
Another option that I use constantly is just rebuild a stock coil. YouTube has a lot of tutorials on how to make a great coil from an old one. Good Luck!

Ok great. I will check those out.
Many thanks

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the Anyvape:
But, I gotta agree that the Melo RBA is better. However, the Melo RBA is more like the CLR head (no screws), and the Anyvape is more like a miniature Kanger RBA...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Speaking of Vaporesso...The new badd-ass Vaporesso Gemini Tank used their coils which then obviously fit other Atlantis coils. It doesn't use the top thread either so coils like ther Herakles will work too. I think it's a steal for $25, best looking Atlantis coil, top fill tank right now IMO.

http://www.vaporesso.com/gemini-tank.html
http://vapenw.com/gemini-sub-ohm-tank-by-vaporesso
So I have the target tank...like the tank hate the c cell coil! I have gotten nothing but a terrible burnt taste all day. Call the B&M where I got it (yesterday) they said just soak the coil in the juice for at least 24 hours?!?! Sounds like the tank would fit Atlantis coils? If I am reading this incorrectly let me know! I have had a pretty sad vape day

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have the target tank...like the tank hate the c cell coil! I have gotten nothing but a terrible burnt taste all day.

I've had the same 0.6 ohm C cell coil in my Triton for about 3 months and it's still performing great at 35 watts, but, if I recall correctly, I did install it and fill the tank just before going to bed, so it sat overnight. I must have put a couple hundred ml through it by now. I would recommend them to anyone. I did burn one once, when I forgot to open back up the juice flow and the burnt taste never went away. Once they're ruined, they're ruined for good.

I've had the same 0.6 ohm C cell coil in my Triton for about 3 months and it's still performing great at 35 watts, but, if I recall correctly, I did install it and fill the tank just before going to bed, so it sat overnight. I must have put a couple hundred ml through it by now. I would recommend them to anyone. I did burn one once, when I forgot to open back up the juice flow and the burnt taste never went away. Once they're ruined, they're ruined for good.
Thanks I was debating if I should just pitch it and put the other one in that came with it? I will try the other coil

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks I was debating if I should just pitch it and put the other one in that came with it? I will try the other coil
I don't have one, but if the shop told you at least 24 hours, then I would soak it for as long as possible. You would drop the coil in a shotglass with enough juice to cover it so that you can keep vaping on the one you are using now if you don't have another tank to use while the coil soaks. Of course you have to be able to put up with the burnt taste until the other coil has soaked.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have the target tank...like the tank hate the c cell coil! I have gotten nothing but a terrible burnt taste all day. Call the B&M where I got it (yesterday) they said just soak the coil in the juice for at least 24 hours?!?! Sounds like the tank would fit Atlantis coils? If I am reading this incorrectly let me know! I have had a pretty sad vape day
I have not had a great experience with the .9ohm C-Cell. Not enough air flow for me compounded with by hits if trying to chain vape. Letting the coil soak does help somewhat, but I'll just stick with my Triton 0.4ohm or my new favorite 0.35ohm Super Tank Notch coil

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not had a great experience with the .9ohm C-Cell. Not enough air flow for me compounded with by hits if trying to chain vape. Letting the coil soak does help somewhat, but I'll just stick with my Triton 0.4ohm or my new favorite 0.35ohm Super Tank Notch coil

I've been using the .9 ccells in the STM, and they work great. I tried it in the Melo 3, and it sucked. I think that the chimney shrouding the juice holes lets air bubbles trap, affecting wicking. The STM allows the holes to be totally exposed without a chimney, and they work great, no dry hits and keeps up chaining. Gets warm quick though.

DebbieNY

Member For 4 Years
I've been using the .9 ccells in the STM, and they work great. I tried it in the Melo 3, and it sucked. I think that the chimney shrouding the juice holes lets air bubbles trap, affecting wicking. The STM allows the holes to be totally exposed without a chimney, and they work great, no dry hits and keeps up chaining. Gets warm quick though.

Wait a minute... The Atlantis coils fit the Subtank Mini?! Is that what STM stands for? The thought never even occurred to me! :idea:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait a minute... The Atlantis coils fit the Subtank Mini?! Is that what STM stands for? The thought never even occurred to me! :idea:
Yes.

From a website:

With the Tobeco Mini Supertank, you have MANY coil options, including the following

Tobeco Replacement Coils: Supertank Coils available in 0.2 Ohm Kanthal / 0.5 Ohm Kanthal / 0.15 Ohm Ni200

Genuine Aspire Coils: Available in Triton 0.3 Ohm / 0.4 Ohm / 1.8 Ohm / 0.15 Ohm Ni200 Coils / 0.5 Ohm Clapton Coils / Atlantis 0.3 Ohm / 0.5 Ohm / 1.0 Ohm

Vaporesso Ceramic Coils: Available in 0.9 Ohm Kanthal / 0.2 Ohm Ni200

Eleaf EC Dual Coil Heads: Available in 0.3 Ohm Kanthal / 0.5 Ohm Kanthal / 0.15 Ohm Ni200 / 0.5 Ohm Titanium

gClapton SubxerΩ Coils: Available in 0.3 Ohm Kanthal, 0.5 Ohm Kanthal & 0.15 Ohm Nickel

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think so. The Subtank Mini is not synonymous with the Supertank Mini. They are two different products.

I have been trying Ccell ceramic coils (all variants). While they are compatible with Aspire type tanks they just dont wick. Constant dry hits even at low power. Avoid like the plague, they are shit.........

So, in my search for a decent ceramic coil that is compatible with Aspire Atlantis type tanks I came across Freemax 20-160 watt coils which came with the Scilla tank and are very good, wick really well and last ages.
The Aspire Atlantis coils work fine in the Freemax Scilla tank, however the Freemax coils are not threaded on the top of the coil so Atlantis tanks are not held together.

This is remedied by getting an M11 x 0.5mm die and cutting your own threads.
A die like this can be procured from China on Ebay for ÂŁ2. You will need a handle for turning the die on the coil to create the threads and a vice to hold the coil still.
I wrapped the coil in cardboard and tightened the vice just enough to stop the coil turning with the die.
I did not monkey it right up and crush the coil like a fanny..........
I cut threads about three mm down the coil, just till it was about level with the "w" of the laser etched 160W on the coil.
Then I discovered the coil did not screw into the base because the band around the coil where the silicone seal sits is too wide to fit down the aperture on my Aspire Atlantis 2 base. I measured it with vernier callipers and it was 12mm, the stock Atlantis coils measured here were 11.8mm.
So simply remove the silicone seal, file away 0.1 mm all the way around and replace the seal.
Now Your fantastic Freemax 160w ceramic coils fit all your Atlantis compatible tanks.

Profit.
Win.
Nice.
:)

Edit, added some pictures for clarity.

IMG_20160713_231002.jpg

IMG_20160713_172948.jpg

IMG_20160713_173053.jpg

IMG_20160713_223520.jpg

Last edited:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been trying Ccell ceramic coils (all variants). While they are compatible with Aspire type tanks they just dont wick. Constant dry hits even at low power. Avoid like the plague, they are shit.........

So, in my search for a decent ceramic coil that is compatible with Aspire Atlantis type tanks I came across Freemax 20-160 watt coils which came with the Scilla tank and are very good, wick really well and last ages.
The Aspire Atlantis coils work fine in the Freemax Scilla tank, however the Freemax coils are not threaded on the top of the coil so Atlantis tanks are not held together.

This is remedied by getting an M11 x 0.5mm die and cutting your own threads.
A die like this can be procured from China on Ebay for ÂŁ2. You will need a handle for turning the die on the coil to create the threads and a vice to hold the coil still.
I wrapped the coil in cardboard and tightened the vice just enough to stop the coil turning with the die.
I did not monkey it right up and crush the coil like a fanny..........
I cut threads about three mm down the coil, just till it was about level with the "w" of the laser etched 160W on the coil.
Then I discovered the coil did not screw into the base because the band around the coil where the silicone seal sits is too wide to fit down the aperture on my Aspire Atlantis 2 base. I measured it with vernier callipers and it was 12mm, the stock Atlantis coils measured here were 11.8mm.
So simply remove the silicone seal, file away 0.1 mm all the way around and replace the seal.
Now Your fantastic Freemax 160w ceramic coils fit all your Atlantis compatible tanks.

Profit.
Win.
Nice.
:)
wow talk about DIY! Kudos.

cinnful

I believe in fairy tales
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I love this thread and very much appreciate all the hard work that has obviously gone into it. I have a question - where are folks buying these coils? With all of the choices, it gets a bit daunting to try to figure out who has the best price on them. Any guidance would be wonderful :stars2:

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love this thread and very much appreciate all the hard work that has obviously gone into it. I have a question - where are folks buying these coils? With all of the choices, it gets a bit daunting to try to figure out who has the best price on them. Any guidance would be wonderful :stars2:
It never hurts to check with Vapecrawler. Just enter the product you are looking for and click the search button. You can narrow your search from there. Not everyone lists their products with them, so they don't always have the absolute cheapest prices available for every product at all times. It's a good place to start though.

Last edited:

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It never hurts to check with Vapecrawler.

My go to venders in no particular order:
Fasttech
GearBest
eFunTop
ecig.com
Vapor Beast
VapeNW
CVapor
3FVape
101Vape
VAPE ON!

Alexanders

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys anyone know if the atlantis 0.1 ohm coils work with 50 watts. The coils say 70 and higher?

Oh and subbed thanks for posting this list huge help.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys anyone know if the atlantis 0.1 ohm coils work with 50 watts. The coils say 70 and higher?

Oh and subbed thanks for posting this list huge help.
Can you link to a 0.1 ohm Atlantis coil? I've never seen one... unless it's nickel in which case you want to be using TC only.

Alexanders

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you link to a 0.1 ohm Atlantis coil? I've never seen one... unless it's nickel in which case you want to be using TC only.

sorry ! my bad the 0.3 ohm atlantis coils.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sorry ! my bad the 0.3 ohm atlantis coils.
If your mod will fire that low, it will fire, but it'll likely be a weakish vape. I have read some that find a sweet spot around 45 watts, though.

Alexanders

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your mod will fire that low, it will fire, but it'll likely be a weakish vape. I have read some that find a sweet spot around 45 watts, though.

Yeah my mod goes 50 watt max never hurts to try. Tx for the reply i'll give it a try.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What he meant by fire that low is that some mods won't fire a coil that is below a certain threshold. Which mod do you have?

VU Sponsors