Become a Patron!

Atomizer goes from dense vapor production to whispy production..HELP

I've never encountered this problem until now. My Temple RDA will produce a good dense vapor to begin with, then it'll tone down to a light whisp production.

Running a staged Clapton build
2x26K 1x36k staged with 1x22k
Wrapped 7 times on a 3/16
.18 ohms
Rx 200 mod (if that helps any)

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you say dense vapor to begin with and then tones down, how long does that take? A few things I can think to check off the top of my head
1. Is it time for a re-wick? Could be your vaping the juice that is in the coils, but then here is an issue with your cotton once that is gone. Degraded, too tight, too loose, etc
2. Is the voltage staying steady on the RX200 when your firing? If not, could be a connection issue or the batteries are too low for the wattage you want.
3. Is this a build you use often? If not, maybe it requires dripping more often than you are use to.
4. I have no more ideas and hopefully somebody who is an expert comes along.

Thank you for replying quickly!
1. I literally just made this coil so I don't think I need a rewick.
2. Voltage stays the same after hitting
3. No I just used this build today, I've made sure there is PLENTY of juice to make sure no dry firing, I even let it sit just to make sure!

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many hits to you get before it drops off, what wattage are you vaping at, and how long would you estimate your pulls are?

Hmmm maybe I didn't explain well enough on my end... Yknow how you fire it up to see how well it throws clouds before vaping it? THAT is what I am talking about. It throws vapor for about 2-3 seconds then goes whispy

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see what your saying. I'm stumped on this one. If when firing you don't see any change in voltage/wattage/ohm's then I would think that rules out equipment. Do you have another mod to try it on?

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it possible any part of the coils might be slightly touching the center post?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you running it in TC mode?

Is your battery fully charged?

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are your screws fully tightened?

I've tried it on my snow wolf 200 and same stuff. None of the coils touch putter walls or centerpost, my batteries are all good, running in VW mode and all screws are tightened as much as they can be

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My last guess is your tank isn't making a solid connection to your mod. Check the screw on the bottom of your tank and make sure it's clean and that it's in a position to make a good connection to the 510 connection. Don't do anything to the connection on the mod though.

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sounds like something on the RDA isn't making a good connection or is somehow shorting out when you fire it

VU Sponsors