Become a Patron!

Best Nicotine?

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just like there's a bunch flavor makers out there...there's a bunch more nicotine makers.
Does anybody have an opinion on who makes the best nicotine?
just curious.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok vaporstek is a favorite of many but pricy
if they have the thraot hit nicotine in stock its usually cheaper and just as good
many like the throat hit from it. i personally do not

i have been using chemnic
its much cheaper and about as good

also i have used nicotine river.
when i first got it it was great
unfortuantely i stored it in my freezer and the freezer dies
now its kinda harsh- this is probably my own fault
but the VT nic i had in the same freezer was perfectly fine
many people have had great reviews of nicotine river

im loving chemnic at the moment
and they also sell flavors
they also use argon and something to seal the bottle to keep oxygen out so it doesnt oxidize as quickly

wizards lab is another one people have talked about and I used
some say it tastes peppery. I do not get the peppery taste, but i will say the other 3 company's nic I used tasted cleaner and I could get more flavor from them

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What Foggz said. -Try as many as you can in sample sizes, then make your OWN decision. Sometimes, shills will say good and bad things about certain vendors because of business interests. :headbang:

I have some ass kicking bold nic for tobacco recipes, and some very clean nic for dessert flavors. :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vapor tech by far for me it does NOT mute the flavor of your juice and IMHO is the cleanest ,costs a little more but well worth it.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, here's one for you...jgherb.com. They have pharmaceutical clear grade but it's PRICY! They do have quite a nice list of concentrated though. I'm not sure if I should get Pure or the mixed. I think I'll have more control over my blends with pure. Here's what they wrote to me this morning:

Glad to get your inquiry of pure nicotine, the price of 99% pure nicotine is USD210 for 1kg including shipping cost,USD 405.00 for 2 liters, USD 1820.00 for 10 liters, USD 3500.00 for 20 liters ,the more quantities and the price will be much cheaper!Our nicotine products are very clear and clean, it is best for vaping and E-liquid! We also have many kinds of concentrated flavors, please find our flavorlist.

Attachments

• 2016 Flavours list 1(TOBACCO SERIES).pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2016Flavours list 1(FRUIT SERIES).pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 4

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@Trixy by pure do you mean 99% of the mix is nicotine meaning its 1000/mg/ml nicotine
IF SO you need lab grade equipment to handle that stuff
the fumes alone can kill

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I'm going to buy from Nicvape. Price and shipping seem fair and 5 star reviews from 65 users. I'll get 2 liters at 100%. That should hold me for a while. And 4 liters ea of pg and vg? I want to make sure I've got enough for well over 2 years. I still need to find Flash. Am I missing anything else? I have bottles and syringes and beakers, etc.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your words of wisdom. I'm going to buy from Nicvape. Price and shipping seem fair and 5 star reviews from 65 users. I'll get 2 liters at 100%. That should hold me for a while. And 4 liters ea of pg and vg? I want to make sure I've got enough for well over 2 years. I still need to find Flash. Am I missing anything else? I have bottles and syringes and beakers, etc.

Yes looking over their NIC on that site .. looks as tho you are talking about 100mg/ml NIC. which is MUCH different than 100% :eek:
The 100mg/ml is what most DIY's use .. best cost to storage ratio etc.. still a 'poison' to be sure but can be handled if done carefully. :)
(Children and pets are most of our biggest concern) As to how much you will need .. that just math.. ;p

Sounds like you have a good Start for your stock pile!! :cheers:

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vapor tech by far for me it does NOT mute the flavor of your juice and IMHO is the cleanest ,costs a little more but well worth it.

I Googled "Vapor tech" and these two vendors came up...

http://www.vaportechusa.com/

http://www.vaportechonline.com/

I can't find nicotine for sale at either.

Got a linky?

Thanks!

Ron
---
"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."- Morticia Addams

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Trixy
just so you understand what we are saying
most people say they use 6mg nic
that is 6mg/ml meaning .06% of the total ejuice is pure nicotine
when we buy nicotine most of us buy 100mg/ml MEANING that in that bottle of nicotine only 10% of that bottle is actual nicotine the other 90% of that bottle is either PG or VG
i have seen 200mg/ml for sale as well and thats a bit more dangerous to handle but not unreasonable ANYTHING ABOVE THAT can get quite deadly if handled improperly

if you see nicotine ONLY labeled as 100% or 99.x% nicotine with NO indication of xx mg/ml that is usually pure undiluted nicotine which is also labeled 1000mg/ml THIS IS DANGEROUS STUFF. The fumes form it can knock you out. This is also very dangerous to ship. SO don't mess with that

now to figure out what you need..

how many ml do you vape a day
how many mg of nic do you use

so lets do some math for me
i vape 15ml a day at 6mg
1 liter of nic at 100.mg/ml
can make for me at 6mg/ml 6 liters of juice
so
6 liters to ml is 6000ml
divide by 15 is 400 days
so about a year
cuz lets face it noone uses all their nicotine up, they make flavors that suck, spill it etc and waste some eventually

Now how much pg vg
well
i use max vg
so its easier for me to figure it out
but
once agian 15ml a day
most of my mixes need about 90% of the bottle to be vg
so 13.5ml a day is vg for me

1 gal =3785.41ml
divide by 13.5 = 280 days
so just under a year remembering you will spill some and waste some on bad recipes etc

hope that helps

and i would not order 2 liter sof nic form anywhere unless youve tried it beofre and like it
not all nicotine tastes exactly the same
try to get sample sizes
chemnic offers a free sample
you pay like $2 or so for shipping
so do other places

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like there's a bunch flavor makers out there...there's a bunch more nicotine makers.
Does anybody have an opinion on who makes the best nicotine?
just curious.

FYI.

There are lots of vendors that dilute and sell nicotine base. There are only a handful of companies that manufacture USP Grade nicotine that the vendors get the nicotine from.

Much of the time, when vendors are evaluated against each other on who has the best nicotine, the nicotine is the same. The price of the nicotine, by vendor, is often the only difference and is simply determined by false marketing techniques.

Over the past couple years I've seen nicotine base compared between two different vendors with people choosing one over the other as "better tasting" when in fact the nicotine was exactly the same. The only difference was the vendor that stirred it and how "popular" the vendor was.

So, be careful when you ask who has the "best nicotine". People tend to think that expensive = quality when price and marketing is the only real difference.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes looking over their NIC on that site .. looks as tho you are talking about 100mg/ml NIC. which is MUCH different than 100% :eek:
The 100mg/ml is what most DIY's use .. best cost to storage ratio etc.. still a 'poison' to be sure but can be handled if done carefully. :)
(Children and pets are most of our biggest concern) As to how much you will need .. that just math.. ;p

Sounds like you have a good Start for your stock pile!! :cheers:

Wow! Thank you for the math. I have a doctors appointment or I would do the math now. Actually, I'm at 18 and often put some 24 in my tank. I vape about 20mg a day. I want enough to last me over 2 years. My sister doesn't get what's going on and isn't prepared. I know I'll be making some for her. And a mutual friend isn't prepared either. So you see my quandary. I'm mostly VG if not all VG. My sister is at 12mg and mostly pg. She vapes about the same as me.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow! Thank you for the math. I have a doctors appointment or I would do the math now. Actually, I'm at 18 and often put some 24 in my tank. I vape about 20mg a day. I want enough to last me over 2 years. My sister doesn't get what's going on and isn't prepared. I know I'll be making some for her. And a mutual friend isn't prepared either. So you see my quandary. I'm mostly VG if not all VG. My sister is at 12mg and mostly pg. She vapes about the same as me.
A year ago, I was mixing around 13mg for myself and in that time frame have only reduced to 8-9mg. I've not even gone through a liter, and mix for 2-3 people that vape higher strength than I do. YMMV. Did you mean you vape 20ml a day or 20mg of nic of day? Just curious, because if 20ml a day, I'm thinking a liter would last you close to the same time frame.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I'm at 18 and often put some 24 in my tank.

My MTL mixes are at 18mg. I suggest you carefully read nic. reviews. Often there is NO mention by the poster of what level they mix it at. Maybe it's 1mg...3mg? What might be "clean" and "great" to them at that level may not be the case at levels 6-18 Times stronger.

Ron
---
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."- B. B. King

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Over the past couple years I've seen nicotine base compared between two different vendors with people choosing one over the other as "better tasting" when in fact the nicotine was exactly the same. The only difference was the vendor that stirred it and how "popular" the vendor was.
Not arguing, just a question... when you say base, then nic being the same, then saying the only difference was the vendor that stirred, did you actually mean everything about the 2 tests were the same except the vendor? Their base could actually be different, as in PG or VG. I don't know that they all use the same PG or VG. I don't know that they don't, either. I ask that, because I've tried several brands, not all were great. Many were equal, but some were actually less than, when it came to flavorlessness.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not arguing, just a question... when you say base, then nic being the same, then saying the only difference was the vendor that stirred, did you actually mean everything about the 2 tests were the same except the vendor? Their base could actually be different, as in PG or VG. I don't know that they all use the same PG or VG. I don't know that they don't, either. I ask that, because I've tried several brands, not all were great. Many were equal, but some were actually less than, when it came to flavorlessness.

It is possible that pg/vg could be different, and nic the same between vendors. It's much harder to track pg/vg as nobody posts COA's for it that I've looked at. It's unlikely that any of the better known vendors would use poor quality pg/vg and as far as I am aware, that is a limited market too, meaning there are few manufacturers to choose from.

A few years ago there was allot of bad nic base on the market. The industry was new. Many of the old timers to DIY went through fits with bad batches, limited vendors and poor quality nic/vg/pg. That's not the case anymore. I think it's possible to get bad/poor quality base now, it's just not as likely.

I've had pg go bad after a couple years. It gets chemical smelling. So, to your point, I think that may have contributed to at least some of the bad bases from the past that some vendors had. But, I think that has been eliminated as a problem for most vendors now. So, I think there is probably bad bases out there but most of the good ones now-a-days should be pretty equal. I'm aware that the some, usually more expensive, are more popular for some but blind test tastes have not backed up those perceptions. I'm doing my best not to name vendors. It's not my position that one is better than another, or worse.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Many of the old timers to DIY went through fits with bad batches, limited vendors and poor quality nic/vg/pg. That's not the case anymore.
Not that I'm by any means an old-timer to DIY, but I agree with this. I've had bad nic, I've had funky PG. But I won't, and can't argue that some nic blends are closer to equal these days. I do have a preference, but have bought more than one brand, and have been satisfied, for the most part, over the last year.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so lets do some math for me
i vape 15ml a day at 6mg
1 liter of nic at 100.mg/ml
can make for me at 6mg/ml 6 liters of juice
so
6 liters to ml is 6000ml
divide by 15 is 400 days
so about a year

Matt, I think your math is off a bit

15ml X 6mg = 90mg ( daily usage )
90mg X 365 = 32,850mg ( yearly usage )
1 liter ( 1000ml ) of 100mg Nic = 100,000mg
100,000 / 32,850 = 3.04 years that 1 liter of 100mg Nicotine should last at your present consumption rate.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Matt, I think your math is off a bit

15ml X 6mg = 90mg ( daily usage )
90mg X 365 = 32,850mg ( yearly usage )
1 liter ( 1000ml ) of 100mg Nic = 100,000mg
100,000 / 32,850 = 3.04 years that 1 liter of 100mg Nicotine should last at your present consumption rate.
i never said i was good at math
but yes you are more correct then me

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
it looked really wrong when i posted it, and i figured it would ocme to me later....that or someone would correct me

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
FYI.

There are lots of vendors that dilute and sell nicotine base. There are only a handful of companies that manufacture USP Grade nicotine that the vendors get the nicotine from.

Much of the time, when vendors are evaluated against each other on who has the best nicotine, the nicotine is the same. The price of the nicotine, by vendor, is often the only difference and is simply determined by false marketing techniques.

So, be careful when you ask who has the "best nicotine". People tend to think that expensive = quality when price and marketing is the only real difference.

Nice way of showing me NOT to buy the $200.00 liter of pure nic. I'm going for diluted with pg so I can freeze it. But will have to get more vg since I'm a 20/80 or 30/70. 100% vg doing RDA. **Off I go to nic land.**

Oh, Amazon has PG & VG - 2 gallons for $34.49 + 9 Shipping. USP Kosher!
:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and i would not order 2 liter sof nic form anywhere unless youve tried it beofre and like it
not all nicotine tastes exactly the same
try to get sample sizes
chemnic offers a free sample
you pay like $2 or so for shipping
so do other places

Thinking Chemnic has free shipping on NIC right now.. btw ;)

I have been using this for about a month and am very happy with it.
vaperstek TH is what I used before that, also very good..

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, Amazon has PG & VG - 2 gallons for $34.49 + 9 Shipping. USP Kosher!
:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

check essential depot vg and pg through amazon .. I know the liter bottles are free shipping with prime if you have that, not sure re dif sizes

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, Chemnic still has free shipping on nicotine. They have a 4+ml sample for $2.50 for a try-out. {some intriguing original flavor concentrates, too}

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
check essential depot vg and pg through amazon .. I know the liter bottles are free shipping with prime if you have that, not sure re dif sizes

I ordered from Amazon earlier! :)

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking Chemnic has free shipping on NIC right now.. btw ;)

I have been using this for about a month and am very happy with it.
vaperstek TH is what I used before that, also very good..
Last two liters from them... very happy. Also like his fruit circles and choc glazed doughnut.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI.

This and your added video is pretty much spot on in my own experiences.

Whether it be Vaperstek, Nude, or NicSelect, i've to to mix for anybody that could actually pick out any consistent difference unless i told them which was which. Just telling them i bought "the good stuff" seems pass any taste test there 100% of the time, regardless how much they'll sit there and claim otherwise. Heck, i even have one finicky friend who states he doesn't even like or want to vape anything i make unless I use "that cleanest tasting Vaperstek stuff", and i haven't bought any of that in 6 months. Yet he happily picked up his 2 every week since bottles yesterday ;)

WizardLabs being the only exception i've personally seen to the above. I did use to get a few consistent "this tastes a little different" comments anytime i used that. But even that was a few years ago and I haven't bought any since to put it to the test today.

Last edited:

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ok vaporstek is a favorite of many but pricy
if they have the thraot hit nicotine in stock its usually cheaper and just as good
many like the throat hit from it. i personally do not

i have been using chemnic
its much cheaper and about as good

also i have used nicotine river.
when i first got it it was great
unfortuantely i stored it in my freezer and the freezer dies
now its kinda harsh- this is probably my own fault
but the VT nic i had in the same freezer was perfectly fine
many people have had great reviews of nicotine river

im loving chemnic at the moment
and they also sell flavors
they also use argon and something to seal the bottle to keep oxygen out so it doesnt oxidize as quickly

wizards lab is another one people have talked about and I used
some say it tastes peppery. I do not get the peppery taste, but i will say the other 3 company's nic I used tasted cleaner and I could get more flavor from them

Where does one purchase Chemnik? I'm at the Chemnik website but I couldn't find any discount code for the site. Is there a vendor for Chemnic which has a discount code?

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where does one purchase Chemnik? I'm at the Chemnik website but I couldn't find any discount code for the site. Is there a vendor for Chemnic which has a discount code?
I'm on my iPhone right now so I can't point to the link look for the post under unsolicited vendors on this website you'll see the ChemNic post.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone used the HiLIQ nicotine?
They grow a special tobacco in China and use a new factory in China, with the newest technology, to extract the nicotine.
Right now they have 100mg liters for $40.
Code "HiLIQUSVapeShows" will get you free shipping until the middle of October.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They grow a special tobacco in China and use a new factory in China, with the newest technology, to extract the nicotine.
I need to look into this. I hope its the cold extraction method.

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received my Nude Nic Nude Armor v3 a few days ago and did my first 2 DIY batches, no peppery/harsh taste whatsoever
absolutely smooth. Much better than alot of juices I've bought in the past.
I have yet to try any other nicotine but I would definitely recommend this to anybody interested in DIY

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my Nude Nic Nude Armor v3 a few days ago and did my first 2 DIY batches, no peppery/harsh taste whatsoever
absolutely smooth. Much better than alot of juices I've bought in the past.
I have yet to try any other nicotine but I would definitely recommend this to anybody interested in DIY
good to hear as I stocked up on a fair bit of this and some of their v1 which I have been using. I also have some MFS and RTS nic in the stash and thinking about another liter of MFS before their 20% sale ends on monday.

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went with the sample size my first go but I'm definitely going big on my next order, not disappointed one bit.
Thanks to all the people here at VU, they steered me in the right direction and I am 100% satisfied.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went with the sample size my first go but I'm definitely going big on my next order, not disappointed one bit.
Thanks to all the people here at VU, they steered me in the right direction and I am 100% satisfied.
?? what exactly did you go with?

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
50ML Nude Armor v3

not exactly their sampler but compared to alot of other vendors who do 120ML as samplers I think
this made alot more sense

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Special tobacco?

It isn't wacky tobacco is it? ;)

Likely they mean STRAIN. I would likely bet too, it's Rustica. Rustica is the old, "heritage" strain. It is harsh for smoking, but is the highest content of nicotine in all tobacco strains.

If anyone does try it, I would be interested in their opinion. 40 bucks is a decent price.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I got some samples of HiLIQ and it's some of the cleanest nic i've ever used.
It's totally clear and has barely any odor.
It smells good and vapes amazing.
Vaperstek has the throat hit nic but they changed vendors for that nic and that seems a little iffy.
I would give the HiLIQ a shot at that price.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I mixed some with their nic tonight, and it's nice and clean. Plan on buying a liter soon.Needless to say, I'm pleased with it!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaperstek has the throat hit nic but they changed vendors for that nic and that seems a little iffy.
I'll have to try it soon. Sounds good. Thanks man.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just pulled the trigger on this. Hope it lives up to the hype :)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All of us forum users have made all the venders keep their offerings up to par.:hearts:
Can I get a BIG Hell YA??!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Should have ordered HiLiq. It's 50 bucks a liter now. Oh well.

I'll find it somewhere else I guess.

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everybody for mentioning us and for trying our products. If there is any assistance, please visit our thread, We are verified vendor in VU. I am Ryan, handling US customers so please let me know if you have suggestions or concerns. I hope to make everybody have a pleasant experience with us. Thanks again!

VU Sponsors