Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you ever make an all in one solid top cap fire bar for the Atom, just go ahead and make two

I get why they made it in multiple pieces, less waste, but I really think a nice top C101 copper piece would be tits.

do you mean like the Purge guillotine ? all one piece

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

i am sure you didn't follow the Purge FB page when this mod came out ?

there was a big-ol huh-bub over this mod. Purge saying just how difficult it was to machine the bar. being something of a machinist, i just had to laugh.

but to answer your question = no. but i do have an idea. i think i would call it the Purtom. so far, its just an idea.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i am sure you didn't follow the Purge FB page when this mod came out ?

there was a big-ol huh-bub over this mod. Purge saying just how difficult it was to machine the bar. being something of a machinist, i just had to laugh.

but to answer your question = no. but i do have an idea. i think i would call it the Purtom. so far, its just an idea.

I can’t see it being difficult to machine, I can see it using a lot of material as a one piece though.

Unless they are not using CNC and doing it all on a x,y,z clamp on a drill press

Yeah not in the purge group...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I can’t see it being difficult to machine, I can see it using a lot of material as a one piece though.

Unless they are not using CNC and doing it all on a x,y,z clamp on a drill press

its not, they were just hyping it to justify the cost.

no doubt cnc. i am the XYZ cave man :giggle:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The diameter of the threads tapers down from the top. So you can't tap it straight through. I could be wrong tho

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oh I see what you mean. Shit

Sent from a pile of wood chips

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you would like both of those. especially the Bridg'd,
@Mykreign
You know what? I take this back. I think you'd like them both. I've been playing around with the Snail some more. You really can get an awesome tight mtl vape outta that too.

When this tank is empty I'm going to put a Ti1 or 430 stainless build in there too. I'm really liking thse TC setups for mtl now too :wait:

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Mykreign
You know what? I take this back. I think you'd like them both. I've been playing around with the Snail some more. You really can get an awesome tight mtl vape outta that too.

When this tank is empty I'm going to put a Ti1 or 430 stainless build in there too. I'm really liking thse TC setups for mtl now too :wait:
Is yours sxk from China?

How long did it take to get?

Is there a 1.2mm insert?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is yours sxk from China?

How long did it take to get?

Is there a 1.2mm insert?
I don't know the exact measurements of the deck inserts, but it is as tight as the smallest insert for the Vapeshell. Looks like FASTTECH and 3FVAPE still have some. You definitely want the full kit with the chimney reducer and all the inserts and everything. Seems like a lot for a clone, but it does come with ALOT of stuff.

I paid for the DHL shipping from Fasttech and it still took like 2 weeks to get here. The free shipping seems to take forever these days. From what folks have been saying in the support thread it looks like paying a few bucks for one of the pay options can still be a decent time to get here, but that's kind of hit or miss. The Vaporist outta Canada has the full kit too, but it's 50 bucks there and probably 15 or 17 for shipping.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think GasCity has them also... much more than China... but also only a week to get to you.

In the one hand, you save $10ish... in the other, you have it in a week to 10 days, rather than 21-60 days

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To me China is off limits on ordering til the Pandemic is clear and some sort of normalcy returns... I'll order drip tips and shit... you know the sub $10 orders... but nothing more... not worth the head ache and many other places will have what you need.

I lucked out on the Goon 22 I ordered from 3F... it was still on the normal delivery cycle of 21ish days... but yeah... no more from Wuhan ;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think GasCity has them also... much more than China... but also only a week to get to you.

In the one hand, you save $10ish... in the other, you have it in a week to 10 days, rather than 21-60 days
damn! $44 for a clone lol.

idk, the bridg'd is only $25. hmmmm

edit: bridgd out of stock

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
damn! $44 for a clone lol.

idk, the bridg'd is only $25. hmmmm

edit: bridgd out of stock

Yeah... I’ll probably get the authentic at $164 shipped...but at some time I’d like to also get the clone and do my own comparisons.

Read the planet of the vapes comparison thread...seems there is only small variances.

Like I said... $35 and change from China and 2 months...or pay a slight premium and get it sooner.

But...I think the Vapeshell authentic is a steal right now at $70(cheaper if clone)

And that is my dilemma... I won’t be going down the rabbit hole... the BB has a single chance with me again...I won’t go chasing the vape I prefer with buying x atty...y rda...z whatever...

I get the Snail or if I grab the shell... it’s going to need to do my RDL... or it’s junk to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... I’ll probably get the authentic at $164 shipped...but at some time I’d like to also get the clone and do my own comparisons.

Read the planet of the vapes comparison thread...seems there is only small variances.

Like I said... $35 and change from China and 2 months...or pay a slight premium and get it sooner.

But...I think the Vapeshell authentic is a steal right now at $70(cheaper if clone)

And that is my dilemma... I won’t be going down the rabbit hole... the BB has a single chance with me again...I won’t go chasing the vape I prefer with buying x atty...y rda...z whatever...

I get the Snail or if I grab the shell... it’s going to need to do my RDL... or it’s junk to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i dont see why the vapeshell wouldn't give you a great RDL hit.

I probably wont buy anthing lol. I dont NEED it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
idk, the bridg'd is only $25
Yes, but with the Bridg'd you need the mtl cap/chimney and the bottom reducers to get true mtl and they are each sold separately. A thing that greatly aggravates me.

I placed a big Fasttech order for a bunch of SXK BB stuff at once. I figured however long I have to wait, I'll only have to do it once for now. I got the Snail and the Bridg'd at the same time.

If worse comes to worse, they'll always sell, but I don't usually get rid of anything :confused:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Xeta does awesome RDL. I'm pretty sure the Vapesnail will too, but I haven't tried it myself yet.
I finally broke down and set up a Xeta for RDL, just seems that is the only way it will shine, to me. I don't like RDL at all, but will say If you did I would think anyone would be happy with it for that. The vape is great, it's just not my thing. I keep using it a little every day, hoping I will come around, lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i dont see why the vapeshell wouldn't give you a great RDL hit.

I probably wont buy anthing lol. I dont NEED it.

That is what I am thinking also...

Either case, Friday when my vape budget gets replenished I’ll make up my mind

Guess I could sell a few things in the classifieds to speed that along

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Xeta does awesome RDL. I'm pretty sure the Vapesnail will too, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

I thought about the Xeta, and I am sure it would be great... but reading the fit issues you all had and post bending, if any of those happened I’d smash it with a hammer... and rather deal with that possibility I’d go with something less... shit?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I bought flavor pods from gas city, would they get confiscated at the border?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
but reading the fit issues you all had and post bending,
That was with the authentic too and I promise you it is avoidable :) I've had both of mine for months and have not had a problem with the posts. I've used pretty light wire though too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although I will say @~Don~
I'm thinking you would probably like the Snail better. Just from conversations with you over the last year.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What really grinds their gears is that they're Nord fans... and the year they move, they win the cup LOL as the Colorado Avalanche HAHAHA

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So trying figure out if I want to keep the mission switch on the sxk. Got a billet package coming from gadget that has black juma panels but can't use them on the switch. Either that or possibly the rpg. But not sure how that would look. I like the clears on it. I'll post here what I don't keep but I have 2 brand new sxk black boros along with at least one of these. Looks like an a-tank there as well. Great package I got ahold of.

The mod is messed up. The top nut threading is stripped in the mod itself. So no connection can be made. Not sure if that can be retapped or not
38dc230f8b62f287da8d360e564d3b87.jpg
2443bb163cdf516ad78599b9ca32f830.jpg
6c2a3c4c738ba57358bd7c252c133ae0.jpg

Search out time Serts little more expensive but the taps work great on all metals

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What really grinds their gears is that they're Nord fans... and the year they move, they win the cup LOL as the Colorado Avalanche HAHAHA
i think there were 200 penalty minutes in this game. It took them like 15 minutes to get that third period sorted out and play underway again with short benches due to numerous game misconducts being called. Some serious tough guys on both teams.

We won though. And the cup that year. The following year too :). Those historically great teams are long behind us now.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i think there were 200 penalty minutes in this game. It took them like 15 minutes to get that third period sorted out and play underway again with short benches due to numerous game misconducts being called. Some serious tough guys on both teams.

We won though. And the cup that year. The following year too :). Those historically great teams are long behind us now.

I remember moving from Denver to Michigan in 2000, and I started a job at a die hard Red Wings company... I walked in with a ‘Lanche hat first day

Made all sorts of friends

But I’m a Penguins fan, just got the hat free and figured it was ok for HVAC installation.

Pens and Wings had some great series too, should of won that first one though

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember moving from Denver to Michigan in 2000, and I started a job at a die hard Red Wings company... I walked in with a ‘Lanche hat first day
Made all sorts of friends
That was at the peak of the rivalry. Especially since it was also right after the Red Wings won the first 6 games of the playoffs and then lost the next 4... to the Avalanche.
Pens and Wings had some great series too, should of won that first one though
No. You shoulda lost the second one :rolleyes:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That was at the peak of the rivalry. Especially since it was also right after the Red Wings won the first 6 games of the playoffs and then lost the next 4... to the Avalanche.

No. You shoulda lost the second one :rolleyes:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When ordering from China, do NOT use China post. There seems to be a common denominator there for long delays.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When ordering from China, do NOT use China post. There seems to be a common denominator there for long delays.

I don't think its much different truly... with their new timelines listed... oogles

upload_2020-6-15_12-13-44.png

Those all used to be listed as 5-21 and less

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think its much different truly... with their new timelines listed... oogles

View attachment 163144

Those all used to be listed as 5-21 and less
I mean real life performance. There is a sizable percentage of people who are getting their stuff from China in a sane amount of time. It appears that the one's who aren't are most times China post shipments. I saw somebody else saying that a couple days ago on ECF too. I will give them credit for at least being honest though.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mutha f'n jumaaaaaaa. Guess I'll be taking the mission switch off so I can use the juma on the red billet. Clears look better on the blue. What do yall think?
5302e9bc4b84c3471a4d11033c653eba.jpg

13e737d197fca8deb6fc0df8ee9f3d0d.jpg
6d1b187cd4c707cc9885c51cf23b5489.jpg
I don't know,i think those Juma's would look good on any color.That's my next big purchase is some Juma panels.
By the way,post up a pic when you put those on the red.That's the one i'll be getting mine for,so curiuos to see how the black juma looks on the red.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mean real life performance. There is a sizable percentage of people who are getting their stuff from China in a sane amount of time. It appears that the one's who aren't are most times China post shipments. I saw somebody else saying that a couple days ago on ECF too. I will give them credit for at least being honest though.

Or maybe this?

e606b622bb96243006d2c6a779a1dc7e.png

VU Sponsors