Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Lion is trying to work his way outta the slums. He told Stafford look buddy, I've stuck with you all these years, I just can't do it anymore. I'll give ya one more chance, and then you are on your own. Lions gotta do what a lions gotta do after all.........
Poor Lions ?
1188902110.jpeg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Lion is trying to work his way outta the slums. He told Stafford look buddy, I've stuck with you all these years, I just can't do it anymore. I'll give ya one more chance, and then you are on your own. Lions gotta do what a lions gotta do after all.........
My Bears aren't a whole lot better but Cutler is gone and we continue to beat the Lions, you learn to celebrate the small wins when your team hasn't won since the 85 season ?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well she sure thinks so :teehee: It's kinda funny her Bears and Me Saints. Both had our one year to shine....... At least you guys never have to have your hopes up only to have them crushed..... :giggle:
Lol. Yeah but you guys have had what has haunted the bears forever....a franchise QB. I'm not a Saints fan but definitely a Brees fan, always kept you guys competitive.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol. Yeah but you guys have had what has haunted the bears forever....a franchise QB. I'm not a Saints fan but definitely a Brees fan, always kept you guys competitive.
True, I love the guy as well, but he's not immortal...........

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gaaah, I have never wanted a Nugget. But I was just thinking with some black in there, I could really get a Saints thing going on...... :facepalm:
I saw some nuggets last year that had some orange tint to them....not really just gold.
Sort of like that Bluebald, bx9 ,bx7 color, not a true baby blue, has some teal in it now.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw some nuggets last year that had some orange tint to them....not really just gold.
Sort of like that Bluebald, bx9 ,bx7 color, not a true baby blue, has some teal in it now.
That's interesting. Idk if they do it on purpose, but there is a guy at work that has a Kurbis, and ours are clearly different. I like them both, but his is more of a bright orange while mine is more of a burn orange.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's interesting. Idk if they do it on purpose, but there is a guy at work that has a Kurbis, and ours are clearly different. I like them both, but his is more of a bright orange while mine is more of a burn orange.
Maybe it depends on the year it was made?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They do vary over time. It's also hard to tell from photos. Just click between the 2 pics here:

I want that baby blue....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my SXK VapeSnail in the mail. All set up and running like a dream. @~Don~, good call on the authentic seal and plug kit. This thing vapes awesome, fits in the Boro compartment perfectly.
Chimney reducer installed, 1.5mm airflow pin, Ni80 32/38 fused clapton, 2.5mm ID, 6 wrap.
I'll have to break in the build a bit more to give it a fair comparison, but might take over for the Xeta...

Anyone potentially interested in an authentic Xeta? ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my SXK VapeSnail in the mail. All set up and running like a dream. @~Don~, good call on the authentic seal and plug kit. This thing vapes awesome, fits in the Boro compartment perfectly.
Chimney reducer installed, 1.5mm airflow pin, Ni80 32/38 fused clapton, 2.5mm ID, 6 wrap.
I'll have to break in the build a bit more to give it a fair comparison, but might take over for the Xeta...

Anyone potentially interested in an authentic Xeta?

Wow that was actually fast delivery for China

I have a plain ass 26g N80 2.5mm 7 wrap in it now wide open, with some Red Pill... tire out that nasty ass stainless build I had in it

Glad you’re enjoying it... it really is a great all in one kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that was actually fast delivery for China

I have a plain ass 26g N80 2.5mm 7 wrap in it now wide open, with some Red Pill... tire out that nasty ass stainless build I had in it

Glad you’re enjoying it... it really is a great all in one kit.

Yep it was 14 days in transit. Express Line 1 was the option I chose from 3F. Looks like that may be my go-to option from now on.
Really impressed with this guy. If that continues I may sell the Xeta and get an authentic. Won't have to put much more into it to grt one second hand.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm bummed!
Finally got my second frosted SXK BB from Fasttech and it's DOA.
It'll power up but won't recognize any of my (working on my other BB) Snails or Boros.
I just get "NO ATOMIZER"
Carefully opened it up looking for anything obvious - nada.
Started an RMA with FT - we'll see how long this takes.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm bummed!
Finally got my second frosted SXK BB from Fasttech and it's DOA.
It'll power up but won't recognize any of my (working on my other BB) Snails or Boros.
I just get "NO ATOMIZER"
Carefully opened it up looking for anything obvious - nada.
Started an RMA with FT - we'll see how long this takes.

I suggest disputing the PayPal charge first... they’re more responsive when money is on hold.

Otherwise it’s the same song and dance of delay delay to where PayPal won’t side with you due to time.

Plus who wants to go through, take a picture take a video, here take %5 as a sorry, but get bent.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not that I don't have more than my fair share lol, but I buy them to use them. It sucks that people are buying them just to sell them, imo.
Or.....as in my case just be absent minded ? to end up with extra stuff. For example I received a second EVL Alien in today's mail. I bought one from my local shop completely forgetting that I'd already pre-ordered one :facepalm: When the pre-ordered package arrived today it made me feel like I'm getting old.
This second one shall remain unopened and possibly be sold or used as a trade for other accessories.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or.....as in my case just be absent minded ? to end up with extra stuff. For example I received a second EVL Alien in today's mail. I bought one from my local shop completely forgetting that I'd already pre-ordered one :facepalm: When the pre-ordered package arrived today it made me feel like I'm getting old.
This second one shall remain unopened and possibly be sold or used as a trade for other accessories.
Lol, well that is pretty bad :teehee: I really want to try one, but don't want to lay down the cash. PM me if you end up wanting to trade. I have accessories, and maybe some cash kinda thing. Can't believe your local shop had one. The guys at my local shop have no clue what a BB even is :facepalm:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, well that is pretty bad :teehee: I really want to try one, but don't want to lay down the cash. PM me if you end up wanting to trade. I have accessories, and maybe some cash kinda thing. Can't believe your local shop had one. The guys at my local shop have no clue what a BB even is :facepalm:
Lol! It helps when I have ecigarettes.ca shop not too far away owned by Mr.TRVP. Mechs and BB accessories are always in stock. I have him and Enushi within 20 minutes of where I work. I know what you mean though, every other shop is Pods and starter kits only.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure if you've heard of this shop, but a lot of high end gear......they've taken a lot of my money. https://www.vapesbyenushi.com/

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just wondering if anyone knows who sells pure white doors and button as in the attached picture? These would look great on the Unicorn I just picked up but I haven't found any in my searches.
131765-d4b5282a893781f6e6673f89dc029798.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have some SSPP solid white panels, with just their logo cut out. Not sure if they still sell them though.
I don't think they do, that was one of my searches.
Kind of surprised that while panels are hard to find. I thought maybe someone might have seen some somewhere.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's only been 24 hours but my initial thoughts on the EVL Alien are really positive. The flavor is outstanding, very simple to build, I have a simple 4 wrap fused Clapton inside at the moment. The way you fill this tank is really innovative for boros....fill the tank right up, no flooding the deck, no mess. Using the 3mm insert and it's a lot of af, I may go down a size when I rewick for a more rdl. I don't have a vapesnail to compare to but flavor and vape is slightly better than the Haku with the same build and wattage.

Definitely need more cotton in the deck than you'd think you need at 60/40, I had to adjust my cotton after the first build but since then I've had no leaking or dry hits, it's also nice to not lose a full tank of juice to play with the deck.

Will update as I try different builds.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's only been 24 hours but my initial thoughts on the EVL Alien are really positive. The flavor is outstanding, very simple to build, I have a simple 4 wrap fused Clapton inside at the moment. The way you fill this tank is really innovative for boros....fill the tank right up, no flooding the deck, no mess. Using the 3mm insert and it's a lot of af, I may go down a size when I rewick for a more rdl. I don't have a vapesnail to compare to but flavor and vape is slightly better than the Haku with the same build and wattage.

Definitely need more cotton in the deck than you'd think you need at 60/40, I had to adjust my cotton after the first build but since then I've had no leaking or dry hits, it's also nice to not lose a full tank of juice to play with the deck.

Will update as I try different builds.

True test is if it can wick 90/10 max VG liquids at 40w using a tricore alien coil

Did that with my snail... almost passed out with the nic...

Buddy who didn’t believe me on how well the Snail wicks said... “chain vape, guaranteed it will dry hit”

So I did a video chat with him just chain vaping away... had to take a break after 2 mins of chain vaping and drink sugar water to rid the green nausea I got from the nic

Either way, glad you are enjoying it... all that matters truly.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
True test is if it can wick 90/10 max VG liquids at 40w using a tricore alien coil

Did that with my snail... almost passed out with the nic...

Buddy who didn’t believe me on how well the Snail wicks said... “chain vape, guaranteed it will dry hit”

So I did a video chat with him just chain vaping away... had to take a break after 2 mins of chain vaping and drink sugar water to rid the green nausea I got from the nic

Either way, glad you are enjoying it... all that matters truly.

Agreed! So much is subjective with these bridges, most vape close to the same. I have a feeling that this one could also keep up to max VG.

Green nausea from nic is a terrible feeling but good for you for proving it! lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
71124b63a168d760732aa73d4d53674f.jpg

VU Sponsors