Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey BB friends, I have my Haku Xeta going up in the Hardware section and wanted to give you guys first crack. 8/10 from use
You're getting rid of your Xeta?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I've got the sale pending actually. I've been using the SXK VapeSnail for about a week now am loving it so no need for two RBAs. I have the SXK Bridge for EUC Drizzle coils so I can still change it up.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really is a great all in one boro RBA

And it rocks with just plain 26g...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I enjoy not having to pop it out of a boro to access the deck, total lack or condensation with the silicon plug, and flavor is fantastic. I've got some 28g Ni80 on it now and flavor is really great. No cons really even with the SXK version. I'm sure I'll get an itch for the authentic down the road.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I enjoy not having to pop it out of a boro to access the deck, total lack or condensation with the silicon plug, and flavor is fantastic. I've got some 28g Ni80 on it now and flavor is really great. No cons really even with the SXK version. I'm sure I'll get an itch for the authentic down the road.

I am glad you like it, truly

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So - no surprise there - Fasttech is dragging their feet like crazy with taking responsibility for my DOA SXK frosted. I'm weighing my options.
I've got two large-screen DNA40 boards sitting here in HANA mods - both with broken battery doors - and wondering if it would be worth the effort to swap.
Thing is, I know it's beyond my ability to do myself - so I'm asking if anyone here has suggestions who I could farm the work out to.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay BB friends, anyone know of an integrated BB whistle tip outside of the Mission XV ones? I thought I saw Koncio was making one, but couldn't find it on the site.
With the easy deck access to the Snail, I want an integrated tip to access that easier without having to pull out the 510 tip, then use a tool to get the a Snail out.
I'm not looking to spend 50 bucks on a Mission Tip and a NN nub that I may or may not be able to get at all.
Koncio makes a V2 tip, very similar to the whistle, just round
1599038008715477431227.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody in here has the SXK BB in red? I want to know if the red is as bright as this picture or if it’s darker and more subdued.

0b5c23e901b5c4b66a419ca169859b3a.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody in here has the SXK BB in red? I want to know if the red is as bright as this picture or if it’s darker and more subdued.

Just sold one. Looks just like an authentic

Sent from a pile of wood chips

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I have two of the authentic Fawkes Billet Boxes. Both of them have slightly different anodizing. One is a bit more lustrous than the other but has the same color. It looks as if the anodizing is deeper. The color for both is a bit more ruby than the picture.

My experience with the SXK billet boxes is that the finish on the box before anodizing is of less quality so it presents a slightly more dull appearance. But the color appears very similar.

To put the color in perspective I took a picture of three different mods overlooking my back yard. The Dani Box 21700 is the brightest. The dotMod dotAIO would be next. The Billet Box is a darker hue than the others.

1599133343623.jpeg

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two of the authentic Fawkes Billet Boxes. Both of them have slightly different anodizing. One is a bit more lustrous than the other but has the same color. It looks as if the anodizing is deeper. The color for both is a bit more ruby than the picture.

My experience with the SXK billet boxes is that the finish on the box before anodizing is of less quality so it presents a slightly more dull appearance. But the color appears very similar.

To put the color in perspective I took a picture of three different mods overlooking my back yard. The Dani Box 21700 is the brightest. The dotMod dotAIO would be next. The Billet Box is a darker hue than the others.

View attachment 168162

The colour of the original is sublime. I hope the SXK is of a similar colour.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just gonna put this out there. I can't be on this Saturday at the drop. Still want a Nugget, so in case this is the last one and anyone is interested, anybody wanna make a free $20? If you try and get one, I will PP you for the order, your shipping to me, and an additional $20? If interested PM, so I don't accidentally get two :rolleyes:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't BB and Nolli in Utah? I bought some juice and the company had Utah on the list as having a ban and can't ship juice there. Odd

Sent from a pile of wood chips

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm just gonna put this out there. I can't be on this Saturday at the drop. Still want a Nugget, so in case this is the last one and anyone is interested, anybody wanna make a free $20? If you try and get one, I will PP you for the order, your shipping to me, and an additional $20? If interested PM, so I don't accidentally get two :rolleyes:

PM sent

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Alien Invasion of Billet Box Land

Long ago in Billet Box land the population was made up of members of varying tribes. Each tribal member lived in its own little Boro. There were mainly the Xeta, Bridg’d and Shell tribes. The Boxxer and Flow tribes were there, but their troubled history always seemed to haunt them. Some called themselves the Insiders. But they had long ago ceased being anything dominant. Another aging tribe was the Exocets. There are rumors that they’re trying to remake themselves to once again gain some influence in Billet Box land.

There was even a tribe calling themselves the Heir. Each came with the promise of there very own Throne. But alas, the Throne did not fit in Billet Box land. And a Heir in a Boro appeared no different than members of other tribes regardless of their claims.

Then along came the Snails. Descending on the land like a plague. Its’ members did not live in a Boro! They were their own self-supporting structure. No longer did one need to concern themselves with what color their Boro was or if it had the right type of foundation and moving was easy. Member repairs could be made with only minor rescheduling. Rapidly the Snails began to displace many Boro inhabiting members. Many becoming castoffs exiled from Billet Box land. Others being sold like slaves to the highest bidder. Their Boros left to decay from disuse.

The persuasiveness of the Snails played a large role in their rapid growth. They were able to communicate very sweetly. Some said as well as the Xeta, Bridg’d and Shell tribes. Billet Box land was never happier.

Then quite suddenly Aliens arrived. It was quickly determined that these weren’t just any Aliens but EVL Aliens. Not only did the members not need a Boro to exist in Billet Box land, but they could easily move to the Land of Delro with their self-contained structure intact. It was rumored that their ability to communicate was much more persuasive than any previous tribe and member repairs could be made at any time.

If the Snails so easily displaced Boro housed tribal members what will the EVL Aliens do? And more importantly will the EVL Aliens begin to displace the Snails in Billet Box land?

More to come...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Alien Invasion of Billet Box Land

Long ago in Billet Box land the population was made up of members of varying tribes. Each tribal member lived in its own little Boro. There were mainly the Xeta, Bridg’d and Shell tribes. The Boxxer and Flow tribes were there, but their troubled history always seemed to haunt them. Some called themselves the Insiders. But they had long ago ceased being anything dominant. Another aging tribe was the Exocets. There are rumors that they’re trying to remake themselves to once again gain some influence in Billet Box land.

There was even a tribe calling themselves the Heir. Each came with the promise of there very own Throne. But alas, the Throne did not fit in Billet Box land. And a Heir in a Boro appeared no different than members of other tribes regardless of their claims.

Then along came the Snails. Descending on the land like a plague. Its’ members did not live in a Boro! They were their own self-supporting structure. No longer did one need to concern themselves with what color their Boro was or if it had the right type of foundation and moving was easy. Member repairs could be made with only minor rescheduling. Rapidly the Snails began to displace many Boro inhabiting members. Many becoming castoffs exiled from Billet Box land. Others being sold like slaves to the highest bidder. Their Boros left to decay from disuse.

The persuasiveness of the Snails played a large role in their rapid growth. They were able to communicate very sweetly. Some said as well as the Xeta, Bridg’d and Shell tribes. Billet Box land was never happier.

Then quite suddenly Aliens arrived. It was quickly determined that these weren’t just any Aliens but EVL Aliens. Not only did the members not need a Boro to exist in Billet Box land, but they could easily move to the Land of Delro with their self-contained structure intact. It was rumored that their ability to communicate was much more persuasive than any previous tribe and member repairs could be made at any time.

If the Snails so easily displaced Boro housed tribal members what will the EVL Aliens do? And more importantly will the EVL Aliens begin to displace the Snails in Billet Box land?

More to come...

Probably not displace, but co-exist as the best options for AiO Boro Atomizers.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not that anyone cares, but I got good news from Fasttech today - they're sending me a new SXK BB - only took two weeks of constant fighting with them - lol.

I've been having a complete love/hate relationship with my two clone Vapesnails:
Every time I rebuild them, juice just pours out. I'll pull them back apart, not see anything really wrong with the wicking, poke around at the wicks a bit, and sometimes they'll stay dry as bone, sometimes not.

I really can't figure the difference in what I'm doing between a dry and wet tank.

I think it might be the quality of these clones - the joint between the base and chimney is pretty sloppy - it's not a "tight" fit at all. I don't see how it could be sealing well without a gasket or something there.

As an experiment, a ran a really small bead of food-safe silicone around the bottom of the chimney where it meets the base (that was a PITA) and going to see if that's the problem.

If that is the issue, I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I'm not too keen on my silicone fix - it was messy, it looks like hell, and was a pain in the ass.

Any ideas?

On another note, I'm really thankful I purchased the condensation plugs from Atmizoo - when I do get a flood, the plug redirects all the juice out of the airflow holes and the positive pin stays dry. I'm sure I would have burnt out the unsealed SXK chip by now otherwise (even though I did seal the positive pin per a tutorial I found online).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that anyone cares, but I got good news from Fasttech today - they're sending me a new SXK BB - only took two weeks of constant fighting with them - lol.

I've been having a complete love/hate relationship with my two clone Vapesnails:
Every time I rebuild them, juice just pours out. I'll pull them back apart, not see anything really wrong with the wicking, poke around at the wicks a bit, and sometimes they'll stay dry as bone, sometimes not.

I really can't figure the difference in what I'm doing between a dry and wet tank.

I think it might be the quality of these clones - the joint between the base and chimney is pretty sloppy - it's not a "tight" fit at all. I don't see how it could be sealing well without a gasket or something there.

As an experiment, a ran a really small bead of food-safe silicone around the bottom of the chimney where it meets the base (that was a PITA) and going to see if that's the problem.

If that is the issue, I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I'm not too keen on my silicone fix - it was messy, it looks like hell, and was a pain in the ass.

Any ideas?

On another note, I'm really thankful I purchased the condensation plugs from Atmizoo - when I do get a flood, the plug redirects all the juice out of the airflow holes and the positive pin stays dry. I'm sure I would have burnt out the unsealed SXK chip by now otherwise (even though I did seal the positive pin per a tutorial I found online).

If the two mating surfaces aren’t flat, that might be your issue. Would really need pics to discern.

As for rebuilding them, complete? Or just rewick mostly?

When I rewick, I don’t pay to much attention to how much wick is used, but make sure the wick is covering the channel fully... what I mean by that is.. I tilt the view, use my dental pick and poke at the wicks tails to make sure zero openings around the inside, them make sure no wick is impedes the mating surface.

I also saturate the wicks before hand, and when firing I drip juice into the wick ports... if I see them suck juice in fast... then I know it’s right, you can also see them if it will bypass the wicks in the juice channels, which can cause a leak.

To check the mating surfaces, can use a ruler.

I’ve never had a leak, dry hit, issue with the authentic

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your wicking technique is pretty much the same as what I do.
Antecedal at best, but I've been running this Snail with the added "gasket" since yesterday without a single drop.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your wicking technique is pretty much the same as what I do.
Antecedal at best, but I've been running this Snail with the added "gasket" since yesterday without a single drop.

Well if they cloned the 1st batch (most likely) the large lower gasket and orings were problematic for certain juices and could deform; like the cheap orings on attys that just fail the moment you look at them

The gasket etc from the parts kit via Atmizoo has the upgraded longer life set

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No - I get no leaking at all from the bottom gasket. When it did leak, it came from the bottom airflow openings.
The more I look at it, the more I think that the chimney to base seal (or lack thereof) is the problem.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No - I get no leaking at all from the bottom gasket. When it did leak, it came from the bottom airflow openings.
The more I look at it, the more I think that the chimney to base seal (or lack thereof) is the problem.
The initial problems I had with leaking/pouring from the bottom with my SXK clone were fixed with more cotton in the wells. I'm running mine really tight which creates suction that pulls juice into the deck. I haven't had problems with the gasket leaking myself. Not with the seal between the chimney and base either.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Leaked from the Positive pin of the atty?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don - Yea - the positive pin.
The only two possibilities then are, as you say, the seam between the chimney and the deck, or the wicking ports.

That's why I was asking which clone you have. I know nothing about the Ulton clone, but if anything SXK's quality has improved a bit in the last couple RBAs I've gotten from them

If yours are SXK, I doubt it's the seam to be honest. At least not with mine for sure.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don - Yea - the positive pin.
Gsmit - I'm running the largest pin without any of the mtl inserts, so not that tight.

If its coming from there, there is only 3 things (2 really)

First... the oring is shot... don't need to use the tool to tighten, only hand tight

Second... This one will make you say in your head, "Nah, not the issue" but it very well can be... Your wicking

Third, which really goes hand and hand with the second, is the viscosity of the juice...I find that when I run 50/50 and chain vape... this thing has semi-over saturated hits... so I run 40/60 (pg/vg) and not had that Semi oversaturated vape again.

Pics! ;)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And the reason I don't run 3mm, which it can accommodate is that the wick needed to support 3mm coils (In my observation) ends up being to thick (Diameter) and runs way to close to the 4mm opening of the base... where again in my opinion, when taking hits, you're actually pulling juice off the wicks, and down that large opening... and surprisingly only being .25mm difference (half of .5, since the centered distance is half of .5) on wide open, I don't get that issue

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t see $500 plus the extra $15 in fees for that BB.

All I see is someone with worse off color deficiency than this guy
I actually kinda like that color combination. :) If it's authentic though then somebody's had it apart to put a USB satellite board on it. It's possible he may not know that, but if he does, it should be mentioned in the post. I'd wanna know that if I were thinking about buying it.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I actually kinda like that color combination. :) If it's authentic though then somebody's had it apart to put a USB satellite board on it. It's possible he may not know that, but if he does, it should be mentioned in the post. I'd wanna know that if I were thinking about buying it.

1599313497543.png

Is this not the original BBV Escribe Theme in 2019? (I'm asking because I don't know.) Otherwise I can't see how one would know that a USB satellite board was attached. Can you reveal what makes you suspect it?

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 168282

Is this not the original BBV Escribe Theme in 2019? (I'm asking because I don't know.) Otherwise I can't see how one would know that a USB satellite board was attached. Can you reveal what makes you suspect it?
Yes, but this one isn't. I got it from the Evolv site, but for some reason it's not there now. I saw on Reddit where somebody was asking where it went.
ddtheme.JPG

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is what is on all of my 2020's. Is 2019 supposed to be different?
Oh, that's the stock theme? Shows ya what I know. it looked to me like a user made it with the names in the splash screen.

That would explain why it's not on the Evolv site then too. My mistake.

Last edited:

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Awhile back I asked this group which colors they thought were the most popular. There is certainly room for argument there and it made for an interesting discussion.

Something that I did notice is that for the past 3 weeks the last color to go was Kurbis/Orange. This last weekend there was still Kurbis boxes with either stainless or MOP buttons available 2 hours after the launch.

VU Sponsors