Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea - I've ground a couple of mine down.
It isn't that hard, but still a pain - I've found that I usually also have grind most of my drip tips as well to make everything flush - I think because once you grind the 510 the "cup" isn't deep enough anymore for the drip tip base. PITA and was hoping to be able to be lazy :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3F has some Rat Black SXK DNA60s up for sale. I wish it were red or blue, but I grabbed another one for safe keeping.

Last edited:

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that I've used both my acrylic and metal SXK BB's I think I really prefer the feel of the metal - thinking about putting them up for trade.
I've got a couple Bantam Revisions on the way - of course I ordered them the day before the new Stabs hit - but they were only $35.99 on sale, so no complaints really.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like BP Mods will be doing a little Pioneer MTL Bridge for the BB! If the price point is around 40 bucks USD it'll be pretty popular I'll bet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-092046_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-092046_Facebook.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 29

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I ordered one of these yesterday. Hoping the tank is easier to get apart than the Boro. I think I also ordered the wrong replacement tanks for it after going back finally reading the description lol. Picked up the new exocet rba.
26de4b520889439a55d338a00f5775fe.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered one of these yesterday. Hoping the tank is easier to get apart than the Boro. I think I also ordered the wrong replacement tanks for it after going back finally reading the description lol. Picked up the new exocet rba.

Mine should be here early next week. I got the 70W but it doesn't come with the Unitank that is included with the DNA version. I've read that some bridges won't fit in it. KRMA was the one in particular that didn't work.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think this is the DNA version either. Got it from 3F. The expect was advertised to fit but we will see. Said it would except all inners except vape shell. Who knows.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Oh my! Where did you order the new Exocet from? Is it good for MTL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So maybe this is common knowledge but figured I'd share anyway.

Use the cheapest shipping at 3F if you want the fastest shipping option. Express Line 1 is what it's called. Ordered on 9/17, shipped on 9/18, and arrived at my local PO today and will be delivered tomorrow. Seven days in transit total ? FROM CHINA.

I've had local packages take longer. Should be mentioned that the items I ordered were 24 Hour items.

Number: 420146269274890249338848667063
Package status: In transit
Destination:
Origin:
2020-09-24 15:48, Rochester,NY, ARRIVAL AT UNIT
2020-09-24 14:33, Rochester,NY, ARRIVED USPS SORT FACILITY
2020-09-24 04:07, Stow,OH, TENDERED FOR DELIVERY
2020-09-24 00:59, Melrose Park,IL, ENCODED
2020-09-24 00:58, Melrose Park,IL, RECEIVED
2020-09-23 18:13, Stow,OH, DN RECEIVED
2020-09-19 21:35, ORD, Arrived at the destination airport
2020-09-19 21:35, ORD, Arrival of goods at destination airport
2020-09-19 10:40, ORD, Released from customs: customs cleared.
2020-09-19 02:44, HKG, shipment departed from airport of origin country
2020-09-18 18:50, HKG, Hand over to airline.
2020-09-18 16:20, HONGKONG, Arrived at Hong Kong hub.
2020-09-18 06:31, Shenzhen,China, Depart from facility to service provider.
2020-09-18 01:13, Shenzhen,China, Shipment arrived at facility and measured.
2020-09-18 01:13, Shenzhen,China, 4PX picked up shipment.
======================================
Powered by www.17track.net

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So maybe this is common knowledge but figured I'd share anyway.

Use the cheapest shipping at 3F if you want the fastest shipping option. Express Line 1 is what it's called. Ordered on 9/17, shipped on 9/18, and arrived at my local PO today and will be delivered tomorrow. Seven days in transit total ? FROM CHINA.

I've had local packages take longer. Should be mentioned that the items I ordered were 24 Hour items.

Number: 420146269274890249338848667063
Package status: In transit
Destination:
Origin:
2020-09-24 15:48, Rochester,NY, ARRIVAL AT UNIT
2020-09-24 14:33, Rochester,NY, ARRIVED USPS SORT FACILITY
2020-09-24 04:07, Stow,OH, TENDERED FOR DELIVERY
2020-09-24 00:59, Melrose Park,IL, ENCODED
2020-09-24 00:58, Melrose Park,IL, RECEIVED
2020-09-23 18:13, Stow,OH, DN RECEIVED
2020-09-19 21:35, ORD, Arrived at the destination airport
2020-09-19 21:35, ORD, Arrival of goods at destination airport
2020-09-19 10:40, ORD, Released from customs: customs cleared.
2020-09-19 02:44, HKG, shipment departed from airport of origin country
2020-09-18 18:50, HKG, Hand over to airline.
2020-09-18 16:20, HONGKONG, Arrived at Hong Kong hub.
2020-09-18 06:31, Shenzhen,China, Depart from facility to service provider.
2020-09-18 01:13, Shenzhen,China, Shipment arrived at facility and measured.
2020-09-18 01:13, Shenzhen,China, 4PX picked up shipment.
======================================
Powered by www.17track.net
Now he tells me :wait:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Supbox is pretty awesome so far. Went with the 70W version. No regerts. Bridg'd clone with the 1.1mm airflow insert in the Boro. Pretty good! Lighter than my DotAio which is impressive. Gonna test it out for a work carry over the next week or so.

Attachments

• 20200928_204523.jpg
    20200928_204523.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Supbox is pretty awesome so far. Went with the 70W version. No regerts. Bridg'd clone with the 1.1mm airflow insert in the Boro. Pretty good! Lighter than my DotAio which is impressive. Gonna test it out for a work carry over the next week or so.
Is the stock tank that it comes with proprietary or do other bridges fit it?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the stock tank that it comes with proprietary or do other bridges fit it?

The included tank with the 70W uses RPM/Nord coils. The DNA version comes with it, too, but they also include a boro-style acrylic or PCTG tank. It's supposed to fit all the bridges but a friend of mine broke his when trying to install the KRMA RBA. Buyer beware on that one I guess.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That would be awesome. I assumed it only came with the one. I have 2 of the others on order but it maybe a little while before they ship. I have a exocet v2 coming with mine.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How does it feel like in your hand? Does it feel cheap?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does it feel like in your hand? Does it feel cheap?

It's really light but it still feels quality, IMO. I imagine similar idea to how the BMM mods feel. There are some seams particularly on the cages, but they're not noticeable when holding the mod.
I like it after 24 hours and likely after a week or two I'll come back with final thoughts.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's really light but it still feels quality, IMO. I imagine similar idea to how the BMM mods feel. There are some seams particularly on the cages, but they're not noticeable when holding the mod.
I like it after 24 hours and likely after a week or two I'll come back with final thoughts.

You’re much more diligent than I am when it comes to mods and atomizers

Gets 2 days with me.

Atomizers... I feel I am versed well enough from MTL to DL to be able to find a build and wick it properly to function... if I can’t nail a build suitable to me... it’s shit

Mods are pretty straight forward... TC use TC wire and adjust til it meets your needs... otherwise wattage and be done.

If a mod has fitment issues that hold my attention each time I use it... I tend not to use them, for I’d be fixated on that issue.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You’re much more diligent than I am when it comes to mods and atomizers

Gets 2 days with me.

Atomizers... I feel I am versed well enough from MTL to DL to be able to find a build and wick it properly to function... if I can’t nail a build suitable to me... it’s shit

Mods are pretty straight forward... TC use TC wire and adjust til it meets your needs... otherwise wattage and be done.

If a mod has fitment issues that hold my attention each time I use it... I tend not to use them, for I’d be fixated on that issue.

The big test for me is if it takes over as my work carry in place of my DotAio. It doesn't feel bulky in my pocket as it stands now, but work pants and gym shirts on my day off are two different scenarios ?
No fitment issues to speak of yet, but threading on the battery cap is on par with a 80 dollar device. It works but feels a little crunchy. That could go away with use though.
It is a bit of a PITA to switch to SBS mode though. The little 510 adapter for Boro mode requires tweezers to remove and is small enough to lose. Not something I plan on doing on the fly so it doesn't bug me much.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah gooberbutternuts

One thing I’ll give Raphael, he does know how to design.

Now if Stimy Vapor can deliver on his design.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I got this poor man's billet box sort of thing. Never been a fan of premade coils but this 0.6 ohm coil is great. Liked it well enough to order a 5 pack from element vape. Picked up a RPM RBA head from them too. Have a RBA for the supbox ordered but this is a tad different. I'm hoping that because the coils fit it the RBA does to.
7859a33df81b12e8640b646bea1c0fcd.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I found my happy place with the Xeta, thanks to Don. Found my happy place with the Shell through trial and error. The two I have not, but am by no means even close to giving up on are the Snail and the Bridg'd.
Grant it, I have not spent a ton of time with either, but am ready to start.
Bridg'd= leaking and gurgling. Same problem I initially had with Xeta, sans leaking. Raising the coil in the Xeta was all it took, and was a game changer. So far not the case with bridg'd. I have tried the minor wicking differences and coil placements, still can't get it right.
Snail= just the best it get is eh. I have found my way to make it vape just fine, but it's just not great. Can't seem to get away from just average flavor, and I think always seeing more condensation (or maybe some leaking) than should be expected. Any ideas?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I found my happy place with the Xeta, thanks to Don. Found my happy place with the Shell through trial and error. The two I have not, but am by no means even close to giving up on are the Snail and the Bridg'd.
Grant it, I have not spent a ton of time with either, but am ready to start.
Bridg'd= leaking and gurgling. Same problem I initially had with Xeta, sans leaking. Raising the coil in the Xeta was all it took, and was a game changer. So far not the case with bridg'd. I have tried the minor wicking differences and coil placements, still can't get it right.
Snail= just the best it get is eh. I have found my way to make it vape just fine, but it's just not great. Can't seem to get away from just average flavor, and I think always seeing more condensation (or maybe some leaking) than should be expected. Any ideas?
I struggled with mediocre flavor on the snail until I watched this video. Turned out a I always had the coil too low and now always use a 2.5 I.d

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I use it plain round in my snail and think its really good.

I do like using claptons more... but the ease of just grabbing some plain round and being able to wrap it around the screws and clamp is much more hassle free than trying to do the same with a clapton.

I've gone down to what I am using now, 24g 2.5mm 6/7 wrap N80 at like .6Ω and its a great vape, from 18w-24w ( I know huge variance, I just found between this range, I didn't notice much a difference in vapor, just warmth) ... actually using the 3rd smallest air flow connector on the bottom... but not using the others... ie the additional plugs or chimney reducer.

without the plugs... I assume (Havent tried yet) that the coil will need to sit a tad higher to make up that distance of how thick the plug face is (1mm)

I say this for I am a believer that what ever the diameter of the coil is, half that distance from the air flow... so using a 2.5mm aim to be 1.25mm above it... and if using the plugs, since they are 1mm thick... have to raise it slightly above the notches on the deck.

I also find you really don't need a lot of wick...I barely have it snug in the coil... I cut flush with the deck edge... juice... and check the length again, and more times than not trim even more.

The wicks I then stuff in the channels... check from looking from the inside of the deck that the juice ports are completely covered... then I fire the deck... dripping juice into the port... watching for the draw of liquid... if it draws it fine, I check the other side and do the same... if the drops of juice vanish right away, its going to wick perfectly... if it struggles a tad or one is slower than the other... I fan the radius from the top down... and check again with a few drops.

I mostly use the BB/Snail for out and about vaping... so I don't vape it a ton... and I vape juice that is not in my normal wheelhouse... like now I am vaping Hawaii POG... not liking it much... but its different than my custards and a change of pace... waiting for some more Red Pill... I kind of like that stuff in the BB. $20 for a 60ml one shot... makes 420ml for me, which in the out and about mod... is 100 refills or nearly 1.5 years worth lol... well worth the $20 to import from South Africa.

Next Time I rewick the BB/Snail, I'll take some detailed pics and post it here, maybe you can mimic what I do and it works for you.

All about helping those that can benefit from my experience with it.

Now for the Bridged or whatever that thing is... sorry no help... I just can't see any of these RBAs being really significantly different to wick successfully

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a question:

I just got a SXK DNA60 on a trade.
All my BBs are SXK, but this is the first one that I have that has the "Billet Box" logo on the button side. Thing is, it's a sticker and kind of ratty. Are all SXKs stickers - or is this something the PO added?

Has anyone heard of a way to repair or replace it?

Thanks

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

All my BBs are SXK, but this is the first one that I have that has the "Billet Box" logo on the button side. Thing is, it's a sticker and kind of ratty. Are all SXKs stickers - or is this something the PO added?

Thanks

I thought they were painted on... I dont know though... sorry yeah, I was no use lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks
I thought they were painted on as well. @gsmit1 just got one.

VU Sponsors