~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
676cf35a65a2a0419606eec94855c1cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I found my happy place with the Xeta, thanks to Don. Found my happy place with the Shell through trial and error. The two I have not, but am by no means even close to giving up on are the Snail and the Bridg'd.
Grant it, I have not spent a ton of time with either, but am ready to start.
Bridg'd= leaking and gurgling. Same problem I initially had with Xeta, sans leaking. Raising the coil in the Xeta was all it took, and was a game changer. So far not the case with bridg'd. I have tried the minor wicking differences and coil placements, still can't get it right.
Snail= just the best it get is eh. I have found my way to make it vape just fine, but it's just not great. Can't seem to get away from just average flavor, and I think always seeing more condensation (or maybe some leaking) than should be expected. Any ideas?
I use a lower resistance coil in the Bridg'd than I usually do. Almost all my RBA bridges get 1.2-1.4. I'm currently using a 1 ohm fused clapton in it with much better flavor than before. Must be bc of the larger chamber than the others. As for wicking, I leave my tails longer than, say, the VapeShell and make sure those wicking ports are covered and the cotton is pretty tightly pressed against them with a little height to compensate for the potential gaps at the top of the port after you put the cap on. Next time mess with my build I'll snap a pic. Hope this helps.
As for the Snail, I found that I prefer a tighter airflow insert for my usual build. I got a big boost in flavor because of it. Are you using the chamber/chimney reducer? I also found that smaller gauge round wire works best with that installed. Claptons and the like got too hot and killed flavor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a lower resistance coil in the Bridg'd than I usually do. Almost all my RBA bridges get 1.2-1.4. I'm currently using a 1 ohm fused clapton in it with much better flavor than before. Must be bc of the larger chamber than the others. As for wicking, I leave my tails longer than, say, the VapeShell and make sure those wicking ports are covered and the cotton is pretty tightly pressed against them with a little height to compensate for the potential gaps at the top of the port after you put the cap on. Next time mess with my build I'll snap a pic. Hope this helps.
As for the Snail, I found that I prefer a tighter airflow insert for my usual build. I got a big boost in flavor because of it. Are you using the chamber/chimney reducer? I also found that smaller gauge round wire works best with that installed. Claptons and the like got too hot and killed flavor.

I'd love to see some pics of the bridg'd if you remember, thanks. I have built it anywhere from .8 to 1.2, really with no luck. I think I have the wick pretty long and stuffed, but maybe not as much as needed. I believe I have the 1.5mm af in there, but would have to check for sure. I do have the chimney reducer in the snail, and I'm guessing 1.2 or 1.5 af in there as well. I have tried it with round and claptons. I use them all mtl, and honestly I don't get a big enough difference in any of them with claptons to justify using them. 26/27/28 round is all fine to me.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a question:

I just got a SXK DNA60 on a trade.
All my BBs are SXK, but this is the first one that I have that has the "Billet Box" logo on the button side. Thing is, it's a sticker and kind of ratty. Are all SXKs stickers - or is this something the PO added?

Has anyone heard of a way to repair or replace it?

Thanks
I thought they were painted on as well. @gsmit1 just got one.
I just got a brand new one out of the latest run and the logos are slik screened on for sure. Or some way of painting them. Very sharp and very authentic looking.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really wished BBV didnt upgrade their CNC.

They don't have the tooling marks anymore, which was the simple way of telling an authentic from a clone
I've never touched an authentic, but I'm pretty sure if I held one in each hand I'd be able to tell them apart.

Pix are a different story. There. I took off the USB port.
remusb803_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On one level you have to begrudgingly give those Shenzen engineers some credit.

I could put an og panel on there, flash it with the Dougdino theme, take out the satellite board, and put this one in a BBV box and it would take the average buyer months (if ever) to figure out it's not authentic.

This newest batch is immaculate.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HAHA! 2016. Is the inside of the authentic door like this? The screenside door on the SXK used to have just a hair of play. The new one doesn't at all. Perfect tolerances. However I wonder if that means they tuned up the manufacturing on the door or the mod?
20201010_001555.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was gonna screen shot you where it wouldn't let me choose US, but now it says sold out. Hopefully that's you, lol

Thanks brother! Shoot me a pm when you get all the shipping figured out, and I'll PP right away
Sounds good, when I receive it from Albert I'll PM you. Canada Post doesn't work weekends, he'll ship Tues (our Thanksgiving is this Monday) and I'll have it on Wed to ship to you.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. From the brand new one from the latest run. The Evolv authenticity check has the board made at the end of may of this year.

2020 on the logos and 2016 inside the door. Leave it to the little people in the east. :D
I stand corrected. No dates at all. I ain't digging any deeper.......
16023073188941099658421.jpg
Sorry for the lighting, best I could do. But no dates on any of them

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Team Noct Special le edition

Anyone interested?
Expensive clone

Not my opinion but that's been going around about Noct in the FB groups. Allegedly they have no permission from BBV, same as SXK and another MAKER (whose name escapes me) that makes acrylic body Billets. For the record, I have no opinion either way regarding the clone stuff. That is damn nice though!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Expensive clone

Not my opinion but that's been going around about Noct in the FB groups. Allegedly they have no permission from BBV, same as SXK and another MAKER (whose name escapes me) that makes acrylic body Billets. For the record, I have no opinion either way regarding the clone stuff. That is damn nice though!

Yeah, but then Noct group says that it's the people butt hurt about not getting their mod starting that talk. Who knows, I have no horse in that race. I'd hope there's not a modder out there selling 1K+ BB clones.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but then Noct group says that it's the people butt hurt about not getting their mod starting that talk. Who knows, I have no horse in that race. I'd hope there's not a modder out there selling 1K+ BB clones.
They're super nice made out of nice materials and worth every penny I'm sure. That said I'd never spend that on a mod in general, especially one restricted to purely use with a Boro.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think they did well as a company exploiting the pockets of those who believe in false exclusivity.

There was a dude of Reddit trying to dump an Ultem one recently for $700

It was beat to shit

And some dumb ass will buy it.

I’m not afraid to talk shit about a company... I have no influence besides words... and my opinion. I just know that if a company or individual gets anal puckered from me speaking my opinion, they might want to check themselves...

Just cause I think something is shit or priced only for retards... well not my money if you see value in it.

Now I believe my words hold weight explaining wicking, building coils or mechs... but even then it should be taken with a grain of salt, I like my vape my way and what works for me might be total shit for you.

Similar to my view of MTL... I’m shit at that... I can achieve it... but yeah even what I think is MTL might be clouds bro to a true MTLr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone interested in NN drip tip and button in Juma let me know...putting these in the hardware thread soon. Looks great with Rat or Fawkes...possibly other colors too?

20201010_130225.jpg20201010_130220.jpg

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sit and played with the vapesnail and exocet v2 pretty much all day. Got both setup with the same coils (26ga 7 wraps on 2.5mm) and cotton. The vapesnail ohms were a tad higher I think because the legs are about 3/16" longer than the exocet v2. Got the air draw adjusted to about the same and both are awesome. Flavor and draw are perfect. Probably the only edge I would say that the vapesnail is easier to make on the fly changes to without draining the tank.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Gas City site specifically says the dna is being discontinued by SXK, they were told by the company that they will only make the 70 chip going forward
View attachment 171535
Oh now that's a bummer. Therefore I bit the bullet and bought a red one from a site in the UK. I've been sitting on that order for a while, but now they have 10% off and with this news 140 USD isn't so bad.

VU Sponsors