Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Cerakote is speculation as far as I know. Last I heard they were having trouble with their anodizing produce (hence the variation in colors from run to run) and were looking for another option. They also said there wouldn't be any more produced until sometime 2021.
They should take some of that time and designs 21700 option. ?

I haven't seen anything saying that there would be nothing in else in 2020. Only that the current anodized colors will no longer be produced. Their latest message only says that they are working as hard as possible to get new product out but that they have been delayed due to Covid.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't seen anything saying that there would be nothing in else in 2020. Only that the current anodized colors will no longer be produced. Their latest message only says that they are working as hard as possible to get new product out but that they have been delayed due to Covid.
Cool. ?

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Competition BB pyramids. It's a thing ;) :giggle:
View attachment 173999

Challenge accepted! I had to go at least one row better.

I was too lazy to take the panels off and some of them don't have batteries in them. All of them have authentic attys: 7 Vape Snails, 5 EVL Aliens, 1 Vape Shell, 1 Shadow Heir and a Mission EUC bridge.
I hope that doesn't violate the BB Pyramid rules. :kickbutt:

1606783472850.jpeg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I was too lazy to take the panels off and some of them don't have batteries in them. All of them have authentic attys: 7 Vape Snails, 5 EVL Aliens, 1 Vape Shell, 1 Shadow Heir and a Mission EUC bridge.

View attachment 174028
It's a beautiful thing!! Not gonna lie, quite jealous you have enough left on the rack for another pyramid, lol.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 174028
Double dayum.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I gotta say, with the news from BBV, it makes me sad I may never aquire the last "original" color for my collection, the POO :( I'm really not a fan, but still want one......
That is what motivated me to make a final purchase of a Dober just a few weeks before they shut down.

There was a discussion in this thread on where the names of the colors originally were based and it was discussed that Dober was the color of a doberman dog. In my mind, from the color that I saw on the web, I always associated it withe doberman dog sh!t. So the thought of having one disgusted me. But I wanted to have one of each of the colors.

Now that I have one I find it to be very attractive.
I hope that there is no deep seated significance to this. I like my Dober! :poop::stars2:

1606832257004.jpeg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is what motivated me to make a final purchase of a Dober just a few weeks before they shut down.

There was a discussion in this thread on where the names of the colors originally were based and it was discussed that Dober was the color of a doberman dog. In my mind, from the color that I saw on the web, I always associated it withe doberman dog sh!t. So the thought of having one disgusted me. But I wanted to have one of each of the colors.

Now that I have one I find it to be very attractive.
I hope that there is no deep seated significance to this. I like my Dober! :poop::stars2:

View attachment 174049
Lol, I stuggled with the Dober for a long time as well. Set it up a ton of ways, never happy with it. Finally found the right set up for me, and boom, love it :)
16068342750921872463614.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am so glad I don’t have the accessory bug like some of you do :whew:

Or the Pokémon bug ( got to have them all)

Overly content with the one...

I do wish sometimes when I look at my Kurbis-FU it would magically turn into a RPG or Dober-FU

But it’s grown on me, and I think the only other thing I’d do to it is MAYBE get another bridge... doubt it though

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
07dbe51a397e9fa17de432f9f9b17b20.jpg

To nice not to show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Did this one come from bbb? It's cerakoted. Or did you have that done elsewhere?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

It was done my Jeff Coutu at Mechanical Therapy. He's got a Facebook group. I also had him install a Dicodes BF60 chip in it.

So far BBV hasn't shown any products in weeks. So no one knows what they are going to do exactly.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I didn't recognize it. The FL80 is the only Dicodes board I have any experience with.

That is really cool. I imagine it vapes quite nicely.

It does. I prefer the DNA products over the Dicodes. I have other Dicodes products and wanted to try this. But on other mods where one can make a choice such as the Limelight Wicket I chose the DNA60.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I finally received my Odis Design Boxxer V2 Gold Edition that was preordered on 2/15/20.

It is stunningly beautiful with everything plated and highly polished.

IMG_0582.jpeg

Unfortunately it won't fit in a Billet Box. :headbang:

With the heavy plating on it it measures at least 0.02mm wider than any Billet Box I own. (I have a few.)

1607170308042.jpeg

I have an email in to Odis Design but I'm not feeling very confident that they'll respond anytime soon based on past history with them. On a positive side they sent me a Flow V2 that I never ordered.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally received my Odis Design Boxxer V2 Gold Edition that was preordered on 2/15/20.

View attachment 174283

With the heavy plating on it it measures at least 0.02mm wider than any Billet Box I own. (I have a few.)

View attachment 174284

I have an email in to Odis Design but I'm not feeling very confident that they'll respond anytime soon based on past history with them. On a positive side they sent me a Flow V2 that I never ordered.
They must've tested it on an SXK

Thats insane! With all the drama over the original Boxxer you'd think they'd be EXTRA careful since then. Sorry you have to deal with that. I've avoided them since that whole debacle not only bc of the QC issue, but they awful way they handled it as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They must've tested it on an SXK

Thats insane! With all the drama over the original Boxxer you'd think they'd be EXTRA careful since then. Sorry you have to deal with that. I've avoided them since that whole debacle not only bc of the QC issue, but they awful way they handled it as well.

I can probably figure out a way to put a lanyard on it. That way I could wear it around my neck and at least let everyone see how pretty it is. :D

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 174285

View attachment 174284

I am surprised anyone actually buys stuff from Odis anymore.

Sorry you got a lemon after so long.

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Aww... just checked Odis page... you’re to nice not to post it up
I had to join and be accepted into the group. I then tried making a post with the same picture that I have in this thread. It appears that the moderators did not approve of it. So I posted my picture in a reply agreeing with another group member that had the same problem.

Apparently it is fitting into the clone versions but not authentic Billet Boxes.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to join and be accepted into the group. I then tried making a post with the same picture that I have in this thread. It appears that the moderators did not approve of it. So I posted my picture in a reply agreeing with another group member that had the same problem.

Apparently it is fitting into the clone versions but not authentic Billet Boxes.
Yeah I would have think they wouldn't want that type of bad exposure on top of the years that has been the Odis Shit Show.

This is not an isolated issue recently with the Boxxer (Going on 18 months) There has been many times their items have just been shit from the get go, and people just getting the shaft.

Which is why I am surprised anyone still buys his items.

I do hope they remedy it for you...

Could Micro mesh the sides to thin out the coating, then micro mesh polish it back... afraid though it will take it back down the bare metal on the sides.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And they get you with the delay tactic too.

String it out past the point of where you can file a dispute with paypal... so you're stuck with the crumbs they offer in compensation, or pound sand.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would love to hear a comparison to the VapeSnail after you get comfy with it!
I stuck it in the Supbox. Which is also DNA60.

So far, so very good. No leaking and great flavor. SXK has really stepped up their game. The quality on this is excellent. The only immediate con is the old style screw posts, but no super big deal. The tightest draw is just a smidg looser than I'd like, but that's ok too. I'll give it a day and check back in.
supalien_cr.jpg

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man I REALLY wish BBV would respond! They won't, but it would be amazing if they did.
How in the actual fuck does that make any sense if standard boros still fit? He obviously thinks his customers are stupid. Fuck this guy. Still.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh man I REALLY wish BBV would respond! They won't, but it would be amazing if they did.
How in the actual fuck does that make any sense if standard boros still fit? He obviously thinks his customers are stupid. Fuck this guy. Still.

Just ring them. I've done it from Australia. Really nice people. Might be slow to answer with baby at work

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

They’ve responded to every message I’ve sent but this one thus far... but it’s early here west coast and I doubt they’re in office yet.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just need one of our guys here with multiple authentics across the years to take their calipers and measure.

Then post that up on Odis... hell I’ll post it, if provided.

I just would like both the pics and a response to shit over that post

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ring them. I've done it from Australia. Really nice people. Might be slow to answer with baby at work
I suppose if I had the issue myself I would. I just get bent out of shape with shit like that, probably more than I should when things don't affect me directly.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not understanding the point here. Are there people who are having trouble fitting the Boxxer V2 in some of their newer Billets or something? Why did this even come up?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 174285

View attachment 174284

@gsmit1 see the quoted post

VU Sponsors