Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

bushmasterar15

Member For 4 Years
The Atmizoo Vapesnail black edition is amazing. I'm all set now and need some good luck getting a new BilletBox Rev4c-60 as I've missed out on the last 2 drops.
c1244d935966e07d49fdd952726eb995.jpg
bf896cfa37ba335725c24d37fa39d8ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Atmizoo Vapesnail black edition is amazing. I'm all set now and need some good luck getting a new BilletBox Rev4c-60 as I've missed out on the last 2 drops.
c1244d935966e07d49fdd952726eb995.jpg
bf896cfa37ba335725c24d37fa39d8ce.jpg

Nice! You'll need some black screws to match. It'll look really nice with just about any of them but a Labrat would be amazing. I'd love to get one and storm trooper it out with black screws, inner, and some white panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bushmasterar15

Member For 4 Years
Nice! You'll need some black screws to match. It'll look really nice with just about any of them but a Labrat would be amazing. I'd love to get one and storm trooper it out with black screws, inner, and some white panels.

I tried for the LabRat 2 weeks ago. It would be nice to see them bring that color up more often.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lazy Creations 21700 DNA 75C. She’s a chunk but definitely a. Piece of art. Seth pours his own resin and does everything completely custom. Kerch inside with a beefy 3mm fused claptons at 0.3 ohms.
c48e3e93502bde56a00006b63c42aec4.jpg

That’s pretty cool honestly…

I’m all for variety of mod makers… just not always a fan of their pricing.

Like the new boro device from Ernesto of Bestia Mods… probably be over €350 and then go on liquidation when batch two comes out

Fucker did that with the Furia mech I got… half price batch two… ended up being a great mech, but that sort of shit ends up losing fandom with me

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s pretty cool honestly…

I’m all for variety of mod makers… just not always a fan of their pricing.

Like the new boro device from Ernesto of Bestia Mods… probably be over €350 and then go on liquidation when batch two comes out

Fucker did that with the Furia mech I got… half price batch two… ended up being a great mech, but that sort of shit ends up losing fandom with me

I hear you. Seth’s mods are NOT cheap considering the limited appeal they have. Not great when it comes to resale and such but what he does really appeals to me and I like supporting him. Even if I trade or sell it down the line I helped him continue doing what he does.
I haven’t seen that new Bestia boro mod. Is it a mech? Mech boro mods have been gaining in popularity recently. Not for me but I guess they’d prove to be future proof if you’re committed to vaping that way.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear you. Seth’s mods are NOT cheap considering the limited appeal they have. Not great when it comes to resale and such but what he does really appeals to me and I like supporting him. Even if I trade or sell it down the line I helped him continue doing what he does.
I haven’t seen that new Bestia boro mod. Is it a mech? Mech boro mods have been gaining in popularity recently. Not for me but I guess they’d prove to be future proof if you’re committed to vaping that way.

121dc9a84c4485f7f06231563cf3c1e9.jpg

39386acf268ed90f68e9bd72b52e0929.jpg

Proto pics thus far

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven’t followed his adventure with this one.

Rumor is DNA though

Ever wonder why it took so long for the boro thing to catch on with other modders? Shit, Mums, FF, and Jg were making accessories for BBs for at least 5-6 years. Maybe they were afraid of blowback from BBV and their fans?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ever wonder why it took so long for the boro thing to catch on with other modders? Shit, Mums, FF, and Jg were making accessories for BBs for at least 5-6 years. Maybe they were afraid of blowback from BBV and their fans?

Pricing… only BMM is priced less than a BilletBox.

Same with bridges… some of these prices are out of control… and for minor quality of life improvements, not necessarily improved vape quality.

I would of never bought the Brig’d V2 if it wasn’t for the cash back balance I accrued… $84 is well worth it, but not $205

It’s like Charles selling mods for $254 shipped… he has to have his cost at 30-35% of that max to be even remotely profitable, and he actually raised the prices this year, they were previously $234 shipped

But hey, I’m also that guy that would spend $4500 on a mountain bike, so whaddiknow

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pricing… only BMM is priced less than a BilletBox.

Same with bridges… some of these prices are out of control… and for minor quality of life improvements, not necessarily improved vape quality.

I would of never bought the Brig’d V2 if it wasn’t for the cash back balance I accrued… $84 is well worth it, but not $205

It’s like Charles selling mods for $254 shipped… he has to have his cost at 30-35% of that max to be even remotely profitable, and he actually raised the prices this year, they were previously $234 shipped

But hey, I’m also that guy that would spend $4500 on a mountain bike, so whaddiknow

That’s why I wound up getting on the list for the Kerch. 75 bucks is a great price point. Dylan didn’t even charge extra for the gold plating which, personally, I could’ve done without. I’d rather have the SS version. Still, it’s a good bridge for the right price.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if I had to guess, probably a cheap stainless or nickel plate...

They're available on BBVs site, but no description... could shoot them an email
Good idea. Thx

I'm considering putting a brass contact in there

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Linear Customs sells a brass contact, people are posting about more accurate readings and better battery life. Not sure how true that holds up, but that's what customers are saying.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Linear Customs sells a brass contact, people are posting about more accurate readings and better battery life. Not sure how true that holds up, but that's what customers are saying.

Well negative RBA contact is much different than I was thinking of battery contact

Regardless of the nut or hybrid used on a billet box, it will contaminate due to the box being aluminum.

Just how dissimilar metals react to one another when current is applied and or ran through it(bimetallic corrosion)

Why many modders like Mums, BMM etc use copper and or brass threads… less prone to this happening.

But yeah… stainless on aluminum probably the worst for conductivity, but we are talking micro-ohm differences…

I’ve never had a build read correctly in any of my RBAs, most are close though.

For instance..

2.5mm 7.5 wrap 28g N80 says 1.06 ohm calculated.

I can put that on any boro rba and it will read higher when dry burning on a DNA200 mod (1.19ohm)

But when I put it on the Stash 2.1 it reads 1.009

1.06 vs 1.009, is .054 of an ohm, and you can factor in gunk on a coil which changes ohms over time… and we are looking at 1.06 and 1.02…

Temp control takes live reads and fluctuations when computing its temp guessing… and the variance is nearly moot.

Battery life, I couldn’t even quantify a change of optimizing 75mAh more (guess)

I would have to test that while hooked up to escribe over the length of the battery curve.

Anyway, not trying to dissuade you from the path you’re considering, but I could see funds and effort only producing at best an insignificant improvement…

Being that the greatest affect on conductivity is the sum of the RBA, more than the BB.

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I'll say this the guy over at linear is a good guy , he sent me a contact for free to test after this topic came up on fb , however I can tell you there is no change . And contrary to the claims the only benefit is that it make the battery easier to slide out. Changing the battery contact " Will not affect ohm resistance reading " If your having ohm jumping change your tip it's the only thing that will clamp that down .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well negative RBA contact is much different than I was thinking of battery contact

Regardless of the nut or hybrid used on a billet box, it will contaminate due to the box being aluminum.

Just how dissimilar metals react to one another when current is applied and or ran through it(bimetallic corrosion)

Why many modders like Mums, BMM etc use copper and or brass threads… less prone to this happening.

But yeah… stainless on aluminum probably the worst for conductivity, but we are talking micro-ohm differences…

I’ve never had a build read correctly in any of my RBAs, most are close though.

For instance..

2.5mm 7.5 wrap 28g N80 says 1.06 ohm calculated.

I can put that on any boro rba and it will read higher when dry burning on a DNA200 mod (1.19ohm)

But when I put it on the Stash 2.1 it reads 1.009

1.06 vs 1.009, is .054 of an ohm, and you can factor in gunk on a coil which changes ohms over time… and we are looking at 1.06 and 1.02…

Temp control takes live reads and fluctuations when computing its temp guessing… and the variance is nearly moot.

Battery life, I couldn’t even quantify a change of optimizing 75mAh more (guess)

I would have to test that while hooked up to escribe over the length of the battery curve.

Anyway, not trying to dissuade you from the path you’re considering, but I could see funds and effort only producing at best an insignificant improvement…

Being that the greatest affect on conductivity is the sum of the RBA, more than the BB.

Don I haven't had any rba read 100% accurately , but the Orbit gets pretty dang close . Coils should be a .42-.45 read at .47 in a bb, and delro reads .43 in a BoRat !
39a94ddb95f451b271ff69aa7aa3e082.jpg

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been waiting to ask someone who got one their thoughts on the Orbit. What do you think?

I am legit amazed , I was never a fan of rta style rbas the Link'D snail boxxer . But this is really a step above . It's super easy to build almost impossible to make it leak and the af can go from true mtl - to the truest dl an rba can have 4mm.
The flavor is intense not hot but that cause my builds aren't hot but dense .
Wicking is simple, and I have rewicked 4 times . Only to try different styles , but it didn't need it to be honest . I have yet to get a dry hit . And it can be vaped till the very last drop of juice is gone.
I used a 29/38 micro alien 4/5 wrap 3mm .
And there's still room but I have no need for a bigger coil then that.
Hope it helps I would definitely say this rba is a game changer for all rbas

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am legit amazed , I was never a fan of rta style rbas the Link'D snail boxxer . But this is really a step above . It's super easy to build almost impossible to make it leak and the af can go from true mtl - to the truest dl an rba can have 4mm.
The flavor is intense not hot but that cause my builds aren't hot but dense .
Wicking is simple, and I have rewicked 4 times . Only to try different styles , but it didn't need it to be honest . I have yet to get a dry hit . And it can be vaped till the very last drop of juice is gone.
I used a 29/38 micro alien 4/5 wrap 3mm .
And there's still room but I have no need for a bigger coil then that.
Hope it helps I would definitely say this rba is a game changer for all rbas

That's some really good insight, thanks.
Now the hard part, trying to snag one!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ll wait for the clone

$175 is just ridiculous and I’m a guy who doesn’t bat an eye spending $4500+ on a mountain bike.

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I’ll wait for the clone

$175 is just ridiculous and I’m a guy who doesn’t bat an eye spending $4500+ on a mountain bike.

I mean considering it's an all contained rba everything you'll need it's worth the money. Considering the prices of some the rbas mobb is what 250 + and the bridg'd is 200 heck the snail was 160+shipping fees and conversion costs

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mean considering it's an all contained rba everything you'll need it's worth the money. Considering the prices of some the rbas mobb is what 250 + and the bridg'd is 200 heck the snail was 160+shipping fees and conversion costs

Indeed… I got the snail when it was released and for my 13w vaping it works perfectly… the snail and it’s design was what brought me back to boros… I didn’t see any improvements over junk from 2016 til the snail.

Same with the Brid’g2 that is coming soon… it was $84… didn’t need it, and honestly might prove shit at 13w and simple wire… doubt it though, really hard for any RBA of recent design to suck at low wattage.

I balance what I have against what is offered and it’s cost to benefit… just don’t see anything out there that makes sense against those parameters.

Newer RBAs I see small incremental advancements, but QoL advancement of conical air flow over traditional pins isn’t worth $175 to me.

To each their own though

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Indeed… I got the snail when it was released and for my 13w vaping it works perfectly… the snail and it’s design was what brought me back to boros… I didn’t see any improvements over junk from 2016 til the snail.

Same with the Brid’g2 that is coming soon… it was $84… didn’t need it, and honestly might prove shit at 13w and simple wire… doubt it though, really hard for any RBA of recent design to suck at low wattage.

I balance what I have against what is offered and it’s cost to benefit… just don’t see anything out there that makes sense against those parameters.

Newer RBAs I see small incremental advancements, but QoL advancement of conical air flow over traditional pins isn’t worth $175 to me.

To each their own though

I ain't pushing you bro , I vape at around 30w most rbas do the same thing so I agree . But it comes down to leaking ,ease of build and flavor for me . But the conical design. Does enhance that, because air flow pins are the down side to rbas and can really throw off rhe expierence of it all . But I also like to test /try everything and if need be I'll sell what I don't use .

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ain't pushing you bro , I vape at around 30w most rbas do the same thing so I agree . But it comes down to leaking ,ease of build and flavor for me . But the conical design. Does enhance that, because air flow pins are the down side to rbas and can really throw off rhe expierence of it all . But I also like to test /try everything and if need be I'll sell what I don't use .

I think you might of taken it the wrong way... I never thought you were pushing me or trying to sway me; additionally, how I feel about items I hope it didnt come off as me condemning your choices, furthest from the truth.

I'll be perfectly honest though... I've never had an RBA dump, I read people having them, and just makes me think, "how?" ( I truly think its from over filling, don't allow equilibrium )

As for flavor, I can't agree or disagree or argue this... everyone is different when it comes to perceived flavor... like me believing that all Bakery vapes suck at low wattage, yet others are like, OMGs its the bomb haha

I'm all for that conical air flow idea, it can save a minute or two (QoL improvement) and theoretically tune the air flow one wants closer than the pin idea, but truly how many times does one need to test this airflow to where said QoL improvement is now not doing anything anymore? Same with the plethora of pins... draw is draw and many have a preferred draw. Its this point of contention that warrants the cost to benefit for me and has me question value.

Again, not an argument or me saying one RBA is better, just an old mans thoughts of improvements vs cost vs perceived flavor... I mean shit... if my palate was so great, id be a sommelier and making bank lol

Which brings me to a total tangent... how are people tasting nuances in juices? Like 4 flavoring in a juice profile, but peeps be mentioning 8+ haha... my dumb ass is like, ok its a menthol with berries... I don't taste hibiscus , fuck I dont even know wtf that is haha

Anyhoo, wall of text over lol

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you might of taken it the wrong way... I never thought you were pushing me or trying to sway me; additionally, how I feel about items I hope it didnt come off as me condemning your choices, furthest from the truth.

I'll be perfectly honest though... I've never had an RBA dump, I read people having them, and just makes me think, "how?" ( I truly think its from over filling, don't allow equilibrium )

As for flavor, I can't agree or disagree or argue this... everyone is different when it comes to perceived flavor... like me believing that all Bakery vapes suck at low wattage, yet others are like, OMGs its the bomb haha

I'm all for that conical air flow idea, it can save a minute or two (QoL improvement) and theoretically tune the air flow one wants closer than the pin idea, but truly how many times does one need to test this airflow to where said QoL improvement is now not doing anything anymore? Same with the plethora of pins... draw is draw and many have a preferred draw. Its this point of contention that warrants the cost to benefit for me and has me question value.

Again, not an argument or me saying one RBA is better, just an old mans thoughts of improvements vs cost vs perceived flavor... I mean shit... if my palate was so great, id be a sommelier and making bank lol

Which brings me to a total tangent... how are people tasting nuances in juices? Like 4 flavoring in a juice profile, but peeps be mentioning 8+ haha... my dumb ass is like, ok its a menthol with berries... I don't taste hibiscus , fuck I dont even know wtf that is haha

Anyhoo, wall of text over lol

No I got you from the first post . Honestly I found with trying all these different rbas that the 3mm is not the same for all of them and design makes a difference hell my favorite rba is the heir , I could never get the xeta not to suck essentially same idea though the fact is maybe I like a 3.1 air does it make a difference maybe .... maybe not . But vaping is subjective . So that probably plays a big part , I've never had a dump but I have had leaking mostly due to user error or cotton degradation.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No I got you from the first post . Honestly I found with trying all these different rbas that the 3mm is not the same for all of them and design makes a difference hell my favorite rba is the heir , I could never get the xeta not to suck essentially same idea though the fact is maybe I like a 3.1 air does it make a difference maybe .... maybe not . But vaping is subjective . So that probably plays a big part , I've never had a dump but I have had leaking mostly due to user error or cotton degradation.

I will say this though.

I've had excessive condensation that seems like leaking, but only in the BB... the warmth of the RBA/Boro of choice and Aluminum body only exasperates this... in the Stash, dry as a bone using the same "Wet" set up.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one caught my eye a while ago, just yesterday I joined the group.

Love the pricing and I’m sure he could of asked for a bit more and got it.

The Kerch is awesome. Best bridge I’ve used to date and that includes the Snail(clone), Bridg’d (clone), VapeShell, Insider (clone), Exocet (clone) and Xeta. Unless something magical happens between the clones and the authentics I’d say this is the best. Easy build and wick, great flavor. The only con I’d say is airflow options: you only get 2.5 and 1.2mm. I could use a 3mm, but I’ll be testing it with 32/38 Ni80 dual fused claptons soon. Should be around 0.5 ohms so that should be okay.
Oh and it’s got TINY little fuckers for screws. TINY.
I have a 27/38 Ni80 fused claptons in it now and it’s pretty hot at 35 watts. Like I said, could use a 3mm airflow.

24543caa6ddd756cff5c9a7d078ba1fa.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And you better believe if I hit a Stash on the Virgin List this weekend I’m getting that sucker with brass tip and buttons to match this gold Kerch. I really wish it was stainless.

The stash had me almost list my BB for sale… almost

8b4fc8a97f1f91a90892aca3c7564070.dng

Nearly 29k puffs since July 23rd

VU Sponsors