Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried a ton of bf mtl rda's, nothing touches the 1928 to me. Gets a bit warm with chain vaping, only dislike from me. Idk how many draws I get with those between squonks, but it is a ton, lol
Did you score a BB this morning?
Had to go Thanksgiving shopping with wife and left my duck in phone at home. Did they have any red I never saw post about what was gonna be up.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did a thing. It's not perfect but doesn't look to bad. Reversed engineered from a 4 1/2" aluminum bar.
69c296888522423b26089f21eb545f06.jpg
b91aeb83c0e78bda976dbccc4c5d5845.jpg
c5d0bdbfd23be736bf358529497ded4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gonna have to start calling you MacGyver Looks damn good to me. You have all the guts for it?
Yeah, I have a couple of evolve boards laying around. Have a set of switch boards from an sxk that will work.

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems like there has been about 8 to 10 new boro mods out now. A few of them look like the others already out.

They are seriously flooding the market , but some are really nice , the hellfire Moab is it’s own aio the boro doesn’t fit terribly nice in it
But it keeps a lot of the “higher end or middle road “companies relevant .
But they are killing the market .
The orca and drop are really nice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are seriously flooding the market , but some are really nice , the hellfire Moab is it’s own aio the boro doesn’t fit terribly nice in it
But it keeps a lot of the “higher end or middle road “companies relevant .
But they are killing the market .
The orca and drop are really nice .

I think other point where the bubble will burst is when we start seeing Lost Vape, Voopoo, and Vaporesso make boro mods… we’re almost there with Vandy Vape making one with Tony B now. Writing was on the wall for squonking when they made the Pulse.
The fallout will be awesome though when everyone puts their boro mods up for sale after they realize it isn’t for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think other point where the bubble will burst is when we start seeing Lost Vape, Voopoo, and Vaporesso make boro mods… we’re almost there with Vandy Vape making one with Tony B now. Writing was on the wall for squonking when they made the Pulse.
The fallout will be awesome though when everyone puts their boro mods up for sale after they realize it isn’t for them!

Same with everything in vaping. They call it the trend but it really amounts to money grabbing run whatever the trend is into the ground lol.
Oh and I fall for it every time lmao

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Haha , I went after tony the other day . IMO a POS.
I think those who like the feel of a wel built device will still be there . But the bubble has already burst in regards to resale .
I’m all for people buying clones if that what they can afford . But I also like supporting these modders reminds me of the days when jaybo and flawless , and the countless other mom and pop modders where making stuff in small batches it was fun . Going to the B&M shop (for me it was cheers and a game )
I digress
There’s so many people like that now , why buy a $300 + setup or hell a $500+ mod all the accessories of you don’t ,can’t or not willing to tinker and dial it in . Just will never make sense

yertil

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Same with everything in vaping. They call it the trend but it really amounts to money grabbing run whatever the trend is into the ground lol.
Oh and I fall for it every time lmao

I go through spurts like I won’t buy anything for 2 years then I’ll buy everything and then repeat haha

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got her put together and I'll be damned it worked lol. My make another but need to get my machinest feet back under me lol. Some of my milling is off from forgetting which way I was turning my feeds and going to far. But overall I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out.
eefad8955e17bb65527713d34d0edb9b.jpg
606ece5103210d0f999454de37d18af1.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got her put together and I'll be damned it worked lol. My make another but need to get my machinest feet back under me lol. Some of my milling is off from forgetting which way I was turning my feeds and going to far. But overall I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out.

Let me know how much

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Awesome!!! And I agree with Shady, let me know how much, I'll take one!!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't got a new bridge in a long time, any new good MTL bridges out lately?

Brig’d2 is not the answer

You can, but it’s a PITA to trap 26g+ wire without how it was designed, it shears the wire.

I rock 25g at .6 at 13w in it, but it’s a battery eater.

Kerch I like… smallest pin with 27 or 28g at or near 1ohm (2.5mm coil) and 13w

Snail I still like a lot, same parameter as the above.

The RBA you sent me works well at the same…

If I had to choose just one to live with and the rest go into the trash…

Brig’d2- besides the wire limitations (which can be remedied probably with different grubs) it’s the easiest to build, wick, and flavor is just a smidge better than the rest.

But I still really dig the overall of the Snail…

But of those that I mentioned… they are to me all 8.5’s or slightly better, just each has a down fall to it, that one does better… albeit screws, or positive pin, or air flow options, one a smidge easier to wick etc… but none are like OMG the flavor is so much better… maybe a smidge… but a smidge isn’t worth $

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The mobb is somewhat comparable to the xeta except for the positive clamp. Almost impossible to trim it short enough without trimming it clamped the sliding it out and trimming a couple of hairs and putting it back. If you don't this happens lol. Burnt a tenny tiny hole in it.
b4ce21ebf9baf20a4a80f8038a9bad85.jpg

VU Sponsors