Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thanks for all the suggestions :)

I have got the mission orbit coming, but liking the Pioneer idea, I take it is the same company who made the Pioneer tank, hope so, as really like that tank, so getting their bridge would be a no brainier for me.

Yep by BP Mods. They’ve been killing it the last couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’d like to add this caveat.

I have somewhat muted taste buds, I can’t taste or discern flavors like some can when it comes to juices… foods I can almost tell every ingredient someone uses and coffees I can pick up on flavor notes…

But juices… nope.

It has menthol, it has some type of berry, it’s good to me

Like Red Pill… supposedly it has all these different flavors… I taste menthol/mint and berry

Why I love high wattage and mechs… total atomization of the flavors and I can pick up many more than I can at 13w

But Red Pill sucks at high wattage as does my juice I use for mechs in Boro RBAs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a different note… in a few days I’ll be the new owner of a RPG

Dubs and I did a swap for my Kurbis-Fu

Either I’ll make the RPG the designated Wick’d and Brig’d2 utilizing their stainless button and Drip tip, or leave the Kerch in it and just slap my plain black integral on it and call it a day

RPG and Stainless will look good though, then grab a stainless Boro

Nah to Barbie, plain Jane more than likely

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a different note… in a few days I’ll be the new owner of a RPG

Dubs and I did a swap for my Kurbis-Fu

Either I’ll make the RPG the designated Wick’d and Brig’d2 utilizing their stainless button and Drip tip, or leave the Kerch in it and just slap my plain black integral on it and call it a day

RPG and Stainless will look good though, then grab a stainless Boro

Nah to Barbie, plain Jane more than likely

Welcome to the Best BB Color Club. Sad they haven’t tried to replicate it in cerakote more than once or twice. I think there was an Almost RPG color way early this year.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Best BB Color Club. Sad they haven’t tried to replicate it in cerakote more than once or twice. I think there was an Almost RPG color way early this year.

My first foray into BB was the 2017 RPG… it was my favorite color of the bunch.

I do like some of the new cerakote colors… except for the splatters… it’s not 2014 Cloud-Bro-Comp days

Splatter in general is just yuck

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do like some of the new cerakote colors… except for the splatters… it’s not 2014 Cloud-Bro-Comp days

Agreed. Better off with the color combo button and screen plates, IMO.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I kinda like the chicken whoop and jawbreaker. I prefer the anodized colors mostly. I could live with the white cerakote

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My designated bridgd 2
e977625b0056e10c12b8446196e941af.jpg
a30f06822241a441c429aa07f7e29456.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The mobb is somewhat comparable to the xeta except for the positive clamp. Almost impossible to trim it short enough without trimming it clamped the sliding it out and trimming a couple of hairs and putting it back. If you don't this happens lol. Burnt a tenny tiny hole in it.
b4ce21ebf9baf20a4a80f8038a9bad85.jpg

Not sure what wire your using, but i don't trim them. Wiggle til they break, never any sticking out.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have seen that done but never tried it. Might have taught this old dog a new trick lol.

I literally built for a year or two without wire cutters doing the ol’ wiggle till it breaks method. Of course I was building an OG KF Lite clone at the time

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On anything that need to be super flush with wire that works, only way to go imho. I suck with wire cutters, lol
I found in some atty's or bridges the wiggle method would sometimes losen the wire I'd just tightened.

I got tired of the shitty coil master cutters I'd used for years and finally got a good set of flush cutters, I can trim any wire with the tip of the cutters perfectly flush now and my blood pressure is much better off because of it :giggle:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found in some atty's or bridges the wiggle method would sometimes losen the wire I'd just tightened.

I got tired of the shitty coil master cutters I'd used for years and finally got a good set of flush cutters, I can trim any wire with the tip of the cutters perfectly flush now and my blood pressure is much better off because of it :giggle:
Definitely truth to that. For me with the Xeta though, it's a plus. After snapping two positive posts, watching to see if the coil moves is how I see if I'm tight enough with the screw, without snapping any more posts, lol. I have and use very much some nice flush cutters, just not on all builds. Makes sense for me, as I have really shitty eyes :giggle:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
L'Atelier mods will be releasing a Boro 60 Dicodes device in the following weeks...

View attachment 189080

I am figuring it will be $289, dont quote me though. Just going by the pricing of prior mods, this well could eclipse 330

Now that's a looker! Some white panels would make it all storm-troopery...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that's a looker! Some white panels would make it all storm-troopery...

I saw his video earlier today and it’s snazzy.

There was a previous video of his brother drilling on the bodies, so I’m figuring at least 50 will be available.

Depending on his other pics or videos, I might abandon trying for another BMM and grab this… granted they are comparably priced

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw his video earlier today and it’s snazzy.

There was a previous video of his brother drilling on the bodies, so I’m figuring at least 50 will be available.

Depending on his other pics or videos, I might abandon trying for another BMM and grab this… granted they are comparably priced

Looking like that mod is going to be priced a little higher than we'd want.
Also the Voltrove RBA is releasing soon! Around $120... very Vapesnail-esque aside from the deck design.

452f379fe8765635da07f58137fcbf8a.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking like that mod is going to be priced a little higher than we'd want.
Also the Voltrove RBA is releasing soon! Around $120... very Vapesnail-esque aside from the deck design.

452f379fe8765635da07f58137fcbf8a.jpg

Was that in 3.14 or in L’Atelier ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ovalis squonk is nice too haha

Either case… €380 is completely off limits for me; I can afford it, but no.

Boro mods for me have a hard stop at $279 max shipped…

I would of dealt with the crappy dicodes chip if the price was $279 or less.

I’ll just wait til I land another Stash… not that I need another

bushmasterar15

Member For 4 Years
Happy New Year to you All. May this new year bring me a White version Billet Box (Lab Rat, Albino Lab Rat or Blanca) I just wish I had quicker internet connection out here not like AOL dialup. Come on Elon Musk with that Starlink satellite internet for us out here rural. Then all the new boro bridges that have been popping up has me checking what I can hopefully get to try. The one B-01 like a genny tank is interesting as I was a huge genny user before and need to find those mods in the box to bring some life back to them.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am blown away by the flavor and air flow from this ohman mods uno rda. May have to see if I can find another. My first thought it would be like all the other carto styled rba's with a fairly tight draw. This thing has more air than the cithulhu 520 does.
8a5989c4010865a73315e35ed5e88f64.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my first BB and Kerch combo from susco site. How short did you need to cut the leads? what coil are you running? I was thinking about going w/ 31g ni80 at a 2.5 for .50

Leads need to be SHORT. Like 3mm or so. I build mine with the both leads installed on the same side, then bend it over the airflow. Also swap out the hex screws for the flat heads in the spares baggy. Makes for a much better build experience.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The first clapton I tried was to thick. After tightening the grub screws the grub screws were sticking out to far and shorting out against the chimney. I went with a plain 28 gage kanthal. 6 wraps on a 2.5mm rod. I placed the coil about 1mm above the bottom.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first clapton I tried was to thick. After tightening the grub screws the grub screws were sticking out to far and shorting out against the chimney. I went with a plain 28 gage kanthal. 6 wraps on a 2.5mm rod. I placed the coil about 1mm above the bottom.

Surprisingly I was able to get a fused Clapton 28/36 in there. I leave the coil slightly off center to allow more air to pass through. Works great that way

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree.I wasn't crazy about it when I first got it,due to the airflow being a little tighter than I like,but I've gotten used to it,and now I'm thinking about getting another one.

Have you tried offsetting the coil to one side of the airflow hole? That helped loosen it up a bit for me.
Either way, for the price it's hard to beat. I haven't tried the Pioneer in RDL. Might be even better with larger airflow pins and beats it in the price category.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried offsetting the coil to one side of the airflow hole? That helped loosen it up a bit for me.
Either way, for the price it's hard to beat. I haven't tried the Pioneer in RDL. Might be even better with larger airflow pins and beats it in the price category.

No,I haven't tried offsetting it,I just raised the coil a little,and it got good enough haha,I'll try the offset next time I rewick it.
The Pioneer is pretty good,I have the biggest pin in it that came with,I think it's like 4mm or 4.5mm,i plan to drop it down the 3mm though,but the flavor is better in the Kerch.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You’d probably like the Brig’d2, I have to use the smallest air flow and then choke it with cotton under the boro to give the draw I prefer in Boros.. plus cotton under helps with condensation

But if air is what you need and want… it provides in spades with the largest pin.

And if you don’t want to spend for the authentic, which is quite expensive, I am sure China has you covered for 1/8th of the price

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You’d probably like the Brig’d2, I have to use the smallest air flow and then choke it with cotton under the boro to give the draw I prefer in Boros.. plus cotton under helps with condensation

But if air is what you need and want… it provides in spades with the largest pin.

And if you don’t want to spend for the authentic, which is quite expensive, I am sure China has you covered for 1/8th of the price

Already there,got the clone in a few days ago haha.I installed the biggest pin,and set it up last night,very nice rba.I put a .24ohm alien in it,and running it in a mech,working perfectly.

VU Sponsors