Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Current RBA line up: Kerch, Atom, 520 and Vessel. My experience with boro stuff is pretty limited but I'm enjoying these four. I'm not a MTL vaper and these can all move some air. The Kerch is *just* open enough for me. The other three flow more freely, especially the Atom and 520.

Flavor-wise, and this is of course build dependent, the Atom and Vessel are my top two followed next by the Kerch and then the 520.

The Kerch is a little fiddly to build but not terrible. The other three are super easy builds although I'm not sure I have my wicking quite right in the 520. I'll be re-wicking it shortly in preparation for duty in a mech boro mod.

I have a snail here on standby and an SXK Mobb Mini on the way. I'm also planning to grab a Voltrove once the manufacturing issues are sorted... and who knows what else.

IMG_4095.jpg

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Current RBA line up: Kerch, Atom, 520 and Vessel. My experience with boro stuff is pretty limited but I'm enjoying these four. I'm not a MTL vaper and these can all move some air. The Kerch is *just* open enough for me. The other three flow more freely, especially the Atom and 520.

Flavor-wise, and this is of course build dependent, the Atom and Vessel are my top two followed next by the Kerch and then the 520.

The Kerch is a little fiddly to build but not terrible. The other three are super easy builds although I'm not sure I have my wicking quite right in the 520. I'll be re-wicking it shortly in preparation for duty in a mech boro mod.

I have a snail here on standby and an SXK Mobb Mini on the way. I'm also planning to grab a Voltrove once the manufacturing issues are sorted... and who knows what else.

View attachment 190593
I agree,the Kerch is definitely a little tougher than any of the others ive built on,actually the build wasn't hard,it just took forever to finally get it to not short out haha.The 520 is a great rba,but it has kicked my ass.First few attempts I would always get leaking,which I knew was ndue to the tails on my wick,thought I finally got it sorted,now I don't get any more leaking,but I keep getting that super wet,slurry vape from it and it drives me nuts haha.
I love my Voltrove though,I will have 2 more headed my way in the next few days.Ive seen some people have issues with the 510 nut not sitting flush,i tried mine and it was the same,but I don't use them,so it didn't bother me,my integrated tips haven't had any issues.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 520 build doesn’t leak but it’s not wicking fast enough at anything north of 25W. I suspect I have too much cotton in the tails. It worked great with the current build at 35W until it didn’t. /shrug

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 520 build doesn’t leak but it’s not wicking fast enough at anything north of 25W. I suspect I have too much cotton in the tails. It worked great with the current build at 35W until it didn’t. /shrug
That's what I found on the 520. There's a fine line between to much cotton and not enough in the channels.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I have the 520 wicked properly now (fingers crossed) - I had way too much wick in the tiny little juice wells.

It's had no trouble keeping up at 45W through a full tank. It's rowdy with a 3mm spaced 3 wrap dual core FC.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree,the Kerch is definitely a little tougher than any of the others ive built on,actually the build wasn't hard,it just took forever to finally get it to not short out haha.The 520 is a great rba,but it has kicked my ass.First few attempts I would always get leaking,which I knew was ndue to the tails on my wick,thought I finally got it sorted,now I don't get any more leaking,but I keep getting that super wet,slurry vape from it and it drives me nuts haha.
I love my Voltrove though,I will have 2 more headed my way in the next few days.Ive seen some people have issues with the 510 nut not sitting flush,i tried mine and it was the same,but I don't use them,so it didn't bother me,my integrated tips haven't had any issues.

The first build on the Kerch, oh jesus christ I must have got through about 4 coils trying to get the leads short enough then when I finally I got it, I realized I didn't like the .82 build. Now I'm at .37 with some alien and its perfect. Rocking with some Rocket man -blueberry parfait

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd love a lab rat. I could probably call it good after scoring one... but I'd also enjoy an ano Fawkes, BX, RNB, Dober, the new Pvt Pyle, maybe a Kurbis. Shit.
That was my justification on it,I wanted a labrat since the first time I seen them,but then seen the Mantis,and had to have it,so I went for it instead,plus everyone says the labrats are really hard to get,so I never tried for it,today I said the hell with it,I'm going to try and no big deal if I strike out,but surprisingly I got in fast enough,they sold out in under a minute so I was shocked I got it.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SXK Mobb Mini showed up today. Running in it the Cherrypine initially in the event it's a leaky build, lol. It's actually a pretty good mech build. I'm learning that I really enjoy building on this style of RBA.

I also learned today that I really don't enjoy replacing boro gaskets.

Anyway, the Mobb Mini is performing very nicely. Should get a little better once the wicking breaks in a little.

IMG_4175.jpg
IMG_4176.jpg

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SXK Mobb Mini showed up today. Running in it the Cherrypine initially in the event it's a leaky build, lol. It's actually a pretty good mech build. I'm learning that I really enjoy building on this style of RBA.

I also learned today that I really don't enjoy replacing boro gaskets.

Anyway, the Mobb Mini is performing very nicely. Should get a little better once the wicking breaks in a little.

View attachment 190913
View attachment 190914
I really like the mobb mini too. Just have to make sure and get the wire trimmed good on the positive post. It's really tight with the barrel.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the mobb mini too. Just have to make sure and get the wire trimmed good on the positive post. It's really tight with the barrel.

Yeah. The coils pics are before removing and trimming the ends. Kind of wish there was a little relief between the posts and top cap but, no biggie.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the Mobb Mini any better than the other host of recently released bridges in the same price range? I only ask bc a) I don’t have one and b) I feel like since the Haku Xeta almost every one that’s come out since have had negligible differences in flavor, wicking, and ease of build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is the Mobb Mini any better than the other host of recently released bridges in the same price range? I only ask bc a) I don’t have one and b) I feel like since the Haku Xeta almost every one that’s come out since have had negligible differences in flavor, wicking, and ease of build.

I find it very comparable to the xeta in wicking and flavor.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've tried a host (but not all) of them. I still use the Xeta 90% of the time

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my BBs, the 2019 Nugget, throws check atomizer errors with everything except two RBAs. Doesn't matter if I try an integrated tip or a stock BB 510 nut.

Works:
Snail
Pulse Vessel

Doesn't work:
Mobb mini in Proro
Kerch #1 in BB boro
Kerch #2 in BB boro

The "doesn't work" list of RBAs work in every other mod except the Nugget.

Thoughts?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of my BBs, the 2019 Nugget, throws check atomizer errors with everything except two RBAs. Doesn't matter if I try an integrated tip or a stock BB 510 nut.

Works:
Snail
Pulse Vessel

Doesn't work:
Mobb mini in Proro
Kerch #1 in BB boro
Kerch #2 in BB boro

The "doesn't work" list of RBAs work in every other mod except the Nugget.

Thoughts?
The boro might be to long...

Aftermarket Boros might not be the same length from the bottom, to the bottom of the feet... sanding it ever so slightly can lower it just enough to make a solid connection in the BB.

Sometimes also, the positive on the BB, if cranked down can move, which is bad juju.

Of all my devices Integral or not, I barely tighten it and its good to go.

On the weird case of the oring on the integrals, Ive had a few, especially the earlier ones from BMM, the orings were to thick, so they wouldnt make connection, removing it works, or replacing it with lets say a 1x1mm rather than the 1x1.25mm

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The boro might be to long...

Aftermarket Boros might not be the same length from the bottom, to the bottom of the feet... sanding it ever so slightly can lower it just enough to make a solid connection in the BB.

Sometimes also, the positive on the BB, if cranked down can move, which is bad juju.

Of all my devices Integral or not, I barely tighten it and its good to go.

On the weird case of the oring on the integrals, Ive had a few, especially the earlier ones from BMM, the orings were to thick, so they wouldnt make connection, removing it works, or replacing it with lets say a 1x1mm rather than the 1x1.25mm

Yeah I agree on the aftermarket boros and potentially push down positive pin being the likely culprits

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a skillet that I had to replace the insulator under the boro pin cause it had been monkey fisted to hard. Not sure what kept it from shorting out.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Wick'd is releasing another RBA... which probably more than a few of you already know.

It has a few changes, but nothing that wasn't there on a previous model, although not on the last.

Sadly it has the shearing posts grubs and divot, so it will not be 26g+ friendly... which makes it a complete No-Go for me.

RJ said he had no issues installing 26g, but If its like the current v2, it has a high chance with just a bit of torque to shear the leads.

I asked him about revisions to this on the last so to not eliminate those that prefer thinner gauge wire and more of a simplistic way to build this RBA, and I guess its not happening.

If you're thinking about this RBA... and are like me that prefers the simple 28g or even 28/36+ claptons... save yourself the oogling and wait a month or sooner for the clone... I would.

Be rad!

Back to buying more mountain bike shit lol

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
can you tell the difference between an authentic & sxk?
To be completely honest no, not really. The main difference is the threading is metric on sxk screws and top nut. The biggest thing to me is the boro contact isn't as sealed as the authentic and the main boards whether it's a sevo or dna isn't coated like the authentics. On my sxk's I sealed the contact and coated the boards to protect against juice getting in through the screen inner.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be completely honest no, not really. The main difference is the threading is metric on sxk screws and top nut. The biggest thing to me is the boro contact isn't as sealed as the authentic and the main boards whether it's a sevo or dna isn't coated like the authentics. On my sxk's I sealed the contact and coated the boards to protect against juice getting in through the screen inner.

It Seems like the newer SXK they have finally changed their threading to match the authentic.The white SXK I just sold,I tried with an authentic 510 nut,Never Normal tip,Mission tip,everything I tried in it fit.The only real difference I've noticed is the fire button on the authentics feels a little more clickie..

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It Seems like the newer SXK they have finally changed their threading to match the authentic.The white SXK I just sold,I tried with an authentic 510 nut,Never Normal tip,Mission tip,everything I tried in it fit.The only real difference I've noticed is the fire button on the authentics feels a little more clickie..
Yes your right about that and the wattage buttons too. Just a different manufacturer in China. Sadly all these tactile switches are made there. Some from Japan too.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Bishop Cubed is here. Super easy to build, no brainer wicking and good flavor delivery. However, it's not great in a BB. It's too chonky and the BB panel doesn't sit flush... at least the only BB I had it in anyway. The tank section kind of protrudes a bit. Airflow also seems to be hindered in the BB.

So, I put it in a mech and I'm pretty sure that's where it belongs.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the Bishop Cubed is here. Super easy to build, no brainer wicking and good flavor delivery. However, it's not great in a BB. It's too chonky and the BB panel doesn't sit flush... at least the only BB I had it in anyway. The tank section kind of protrudes a bit. Airflow also seems to be hindered in the BB.

So, I put it in a mech and I'm pretty sure that's where it belongs.

I am struggling to understand why bridges are going to that "front" af instead of side? Unless targeting other boxes than the BB, seems like a horrible idea? Does seem to be ideal in that cherry though 👍🏻

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am struggling to understand why bridges are going to that "front" af instead of side? Unless targeting other boxes than the BB, seems like a horrible idea? Does seem to be ideal in that cherry though

A majority of boro devices outside of the BB all have front airflow available, or at least all the ones I’m thinking of do.
Kind of a weird flex to make one that won’t work well in a Billet though. That was my first thought when I saw it, too.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A majority of boro devices outside of the BB all have front airflow available, or at least all the ones I’m thinking of do.
Kind of a weird flex to make one that won’t work well in a Billet though. That was my first thought when I saw it, too.

Yeah, like that cherry pine he has it in. Looks to be the perfect spot for it in there. I have also seen some panels vented there, which I guess could help. I only use mine mtl though, and the thought of side and back af doesn't seem like it would suit me.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, like that cherry pine he has it in. Looks to be the perfect spot for it in there. I have also seen some panels vented there, which I guess could help. I only use mine mtl though, and the thought of side and back af doesn't seem like it would suit me.

The back airflow is a bad design, IMO. Enough condensation builds up back there already!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mark Todd just posted this in his FB group. [mention]~Don~ [/mention] I think we saw this coming for years. What a shame.
ea2cf758160d2df4d6ef06bb9af47620.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mark Todd just posted this in his FB group. [mention]~Don~ [/mention] I think we saw this coming for years. What a shame.
ea2cf758160d2df4d6ef06bb9af47620.jpg

Yup…

Just a piece of shit, always has and always will be.

All the people who stretch themselves thin, paying by means other than credit card with purchase protections are the ones really hurting by this, for they have zero recourse; PayPal doesn’t care.

I am fortunate that I saw GooberButterNuts for who he was years ago, and although I used profanity and joked about his vernacular, it was always in hopes people took heed and steered away.

b4f318d29e832c784e905f82c3102da6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors