nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm just wondering if it's difficult to replace that negative contact. Is it just a matter of removing those two tiny screws that are near the upper right corner of the front? Is there any finicky alignment needs to be done on the new contact?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just wondering if it's difficult to replace that negative contact. Is it just a matter of removing those two tiny screws that are near the upper right corner of the front? Is there any finicky alignment needs to be done on the new contact?
When I bought my SXK BB from @b.m. he already installed it for me. But I accidentally undid it once & it was as you described, very easy. I’m assuming these ”newer” ones would be the same.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not difficult at all. Yup, as easy as just removing and replacing two screws. I seem to be the only one in the world, but I find them to be more hassle than the original ones though. I pull the positive contact about 1/4 of the way, one tap, and the battery is out. With the new threaded ones, it is hard for me to get my fat finger in there and turn it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not difficult at all. Yup, as easy as just removing and replacing two screws. I seem to be the only one in the world, but I find them to be more hassle than the original ones though. I pull the positive contact about 1/4 of the way, one tap, and the battery is out. With the new threaded ones, it is hard for me to get my fat finger in there and turn it.

I think it was the second time I went to remove a battery from one of these SXK BBs, the stock negative contact managed to very nearly tear up the battery wrap. That's the only reason I've looked at those new-style contacts. After that happened, though, I've just recharged the batteries via the USB port instead of taking them out.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it was the second time I went to remove a battery from one of these SXK BBs, the stock negative contact managed to very nearly tear up the battery wrap. That's the only reason I've looked at those new-style contacts. After that happened, though, I've just recharged the batteries via the USB port instead of taking them out.
Have heard many others talk about tearing wraps, sxk or authentic, so I do think they are a great cure for that. 👍 I really have no idea why, just never had that issue. One of my sxk's, I did have to bend the negative contact because it wasn't hitting the battery properly, not making good contact. Suppose that might help with torn wraps as well, but more of a pita than just getting the new style contact..... lol

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If the Billet Box is known as the "rabbit hole". What has happened with Boro devices in the last couple of years is more like a Black Hole....
black-hole.jpg
"Originally predicted by Einstein's Theory of General Relativity, black holes are the most extreme object in the known Universe.

These objects form when stars reach the end of their life cycle, blow off their outer layers, and are so gravitationally powerful that nothing (not even light) can escape their surfaces."

This Black Hole Devoured a Star Years Ago. Now It's 'Burped' Something Out
I think this one burped out Bob, lol

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well crap, looks like time for a new screen. Uhg.
e3b3398f312f5a833d845f4cfa57070b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First time I had a xeta piss itself. Dumped half a tank of juice down the screen side and on the table. Pretty sure it was a bad o-ring being the culprit. Screen was dim and now you can only see the battery level. First time I've seen that. Usually completely quits

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Someone please go check behind me. It appears to me that almost all of the billet stuff has disappeared from FT!!! :eek:. WHAT?!?!?

ETA, Tuesday morning: It's still like that. When I start typing text in the search box, like "SXK BB," I can see the drop-down list like usual, but when I press Enter or the little magnifying glass to complete the search, I get like ONE PAGE of results, and part of those are sold out already. WTH is going on?

Last edited:

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the negative. It's made well. it works. The thread is not long enough to really screw down on the battery though like if you smack it on your palm it shifts however you have to give it a wallop so yeah bear that in mind folks.

Attachments

• 20221110_103548.jpg
    20221110_103548.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20221110_103142.jpg
    20221110_103142.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 20221110_103122.jpg
    20221110_103122.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the negative. It's made well. it works. The thread is not long enough to really screw down on the battery though like if you smack it on your palm it shifts however you have to give it a wallop so yeah bear that in mind folks.
I retract my previous statement the threads are to short iv had to put a series magnet on the negative side of battery

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I retract my previous statement the threads are to short iv had to put a series magnet on the negative side of battery

What brand/model of battery?

I got three of these from 3fvape the other day, and they are working fine. I did not try to tighten them down super tight, though. I'm using Moli P26a and Samsung 20S.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a mesh fan and that tank has a 3ml capacity, which is pretty small, IMO. I am however interested in the new Reload Vapor Ammo RBA. Similar design, but not mesh, and has a 4.5ml capacity... at least according to Mark. Definitely not for the MTL crowd though.

VU Sponsors