Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yo can anyone tell me for an sfc do I still have to decore if it's only a dual core? Also to decore do I just grab a few wraps of wire and run the drill in reverse? Any advice greatly appreciated 😁20221115_190300.jpg20221115_190231.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Ponte is mesh also, I believe.
Thanks, That does look like it might be better and the Profile RDTA did prove me dead wrong about metal cable wicks. I'm still not talkin to MrJustRight after he led me astray about how to wick the OG Profile :D

Seriously though, it's also twice the price. I'll have to see how things go. Like I say I was just intrigued by the idea of a mesh element in a boro device.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, That does look like it might be better and the Profile RDTA did prove me dead wrong about metal cable wicks. I'm still not talkin to MrJustRight after he led me astray about how to wick the OG Profile :D

Seriously though, it's also twice the price. I'll have to see how things go. Like I say I was just intrigued by the idea of a mesh element in a boro device.

I was very apprehensive about getting a tank with those metal cable wicks, but went ahead and ordered a Taifun GX clone, and the thing could not have been easier. It works like a champ and I love it. It's one of my favorite tanks now, actually one of the not-so-many I kept in rotation after I took a tumble down into the BB hole.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a pretty good time to jump down the rabbit hole, market-wise. New BBs are staying up on the site almost all week now, NIB secondhand billets have sold for $200 recently. Other second hand boro mods are also falling off a cliff in resale value. There are some exceptions, of course, but there are a lot of secondhand options for considerably less than RRP.

China is also continuing to offer inexpensive options in both mods and bridges/RBAs.

I jumped into the boro game in January of this year when the market was still super strong. It's really come down to earth the last six months or so, relatively speaking.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a pretty good time to jump down the rabbit hole, market-wise. New BBs are staying up on the site almost all week now, NIB secondhand billets have sold for $200 recently. Other second hand boro mods are also falling off a cliff in resale value. There are some exceptions, of course, but there are a lot of secondhand options for considerably less than RRP.

China is also continuing to offer inexpensive options in both mods and bridges/RBAs.

I jumped into the boro game in January of this year when the market was still super strong. It's really come down to earth the last six months or so, relatively speaking.
It's just such a weird marker, for BB anyway. Some second hand still selling for a good price, some so far below, and others just sit. Hard to figure out. I have been thinking about selling a few bundles. Not saying I need RRP, but I'm not going to take a huge hit either. Would rather just keep them at that point.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Some of China's recent options aren't so inexpensive. SXK has released an all-ultem box (and I don't know if it's really ultem, but would speculate so, for a price of $190) and, most recently, an all PEEK box for $250. I wasn't quite sure what to think of the ultem at first, but it's really growing on me. That's not to say I'll spring for that much money for what is still an SXK box, because I'm not at all sure it will hold much of its value. Don't ask me why that matters, I don't know, because I never sell anything!

Even when buying clones the money adds up, by the time you buy all the little bits and bobs. My concept of "expensive" is probably quite different than many of you, though. At my age and in my current circumstances, it's unlikely that I'll ever fall into all-authentic reverie. Having said that, the SXK boxes perform admirably and I've quickly gotten to the point that I don't often want to vape a box that isn't a boro of one kind or another.

I bought some panels from Lucky13Modz for my AIO.5, and since they came I have used the .5 a lot more. It has a bit more personality now that it isn't all solid black plastic.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just such a weird marker, for BB anyway. Some second hand still selling for a good price, some so far below, and others just sit. Hard to figure out. I have been thinking about selling a few bundles. Not saying I need RRP, but I'm not going to take a huge hit either. Would rather just keep them at that point.
Yeah, it's not a sellers market for BBs, that's for sure. I'd say unless you have something very unique or sporting a full Kontrl package, probably not worth the hit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, someone needs to go buy that Arson box that's still up for grabs on the BB site, before I violate my own rules here. I missed out on the one that had the black pearl button. I can't believe @bx10r has let the Arson boxes hang around this long.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some of China's recent options aren't so inexpensive. SXK has released an all-ultem box (and I don't know if it's really ultem, but would speculate so, for a price of $190) and, most recently, an all PEEK box for $250. I wasn't quite sure what to think of the ultem at first, but it's really growing on me. That's not to say I'll spring for that much money for what is still an SXK box, because I'm not at all sure it will hold much of its value. Don't ask me why that matters, I don't know, because I never sell anything!

Even when buying clones the money adds up, by the time you buy all the little bits and bobs. My concept of "expensive" is probably quite different than many of you, though. At my age and in my current circumstances, it's unlikely that I'll ever fall into all-authentic reverie. Having said that, the SXK boxes perform admirably and I've quickly gotten to the point that I don't often want to vape a box that isn't a boro of one kind or another.

I bought some panels from Lucky13Modz for my AIO.5, and since they came I have used the .5 a lot more. It has a bit more personality now that it isn't all solid black plastic.
You have to be careful buying those sxk plastic BB's. Maybe they have remedied, idk, but I remember a lot of people saying they cracked on them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You have to be careful buying those sxk plastic BB's. Maybe they have remedied, idk, but I remember a lot of people saying they cracked on them.

We'll soon find out. I have a white PEI one en route from AliExpress.

If I manage to break it, that's not a good sign, because I really am not hard on my vape gear. In all these years I think I've broken the glass in two tanks, well, three if you count the Kayfun 4 clone that I chucked across the room. :sad: That bitch, well, I meant to break her.

Last edited:

Evello mortem tyrannis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Y'all are going on a huge price worry you guys getting ready for the depression? Things getting bad in the U.S.? Shits hard over here In newzealand I gotta be damn sure I love something before I purchase authentic been using the shit outa my clone pretty sure I can start saving for an authentic now. fuel here is about 3dollars a litre and we are paying 4 bucks a capsicum so commodities are through the roof makes luxuries a little more difficult. The market for second hand luxuries therefore will obviously take a hit as sellers get desperate to feed there kids yo lucky me no wife or kids 😉 and that's the way I like it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was very apprehensive about getting a tank with those metal cable wicks, but went ahead and ordered a Taifun GX clone, and the thing could not have been easier. It works like a champ and I love it. It's one of my favorite tanks now, actually one of the not-so-many I kept in rotation after I took a tumble down into the BB hole.
Nobody remembers this, but I was very apprehensive about that Profile RDTA. It has a tall tank with the cable wicks. I posted here that I would build it, wick it up and fill the tank a quarter full, but no prime and leave it overnight.

I would have bet money that that cotton would be dry the next morning. Or mostly dry anyway. Just couldn't see it really working well.

Nope. I was wrong. The next morning the tank was empty and the juice was in the cotton :D Can't argue with that. I'm sure now that it didn't take all night either.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all are going on a huge price worry you guys getting ready for the depression? Things getting bad in the U.S.? Shits hard over here In newzealand I gotta be damn sure I love something before I purchase authentic been using the shit outa my clone pretty sure I can start saving for an authentic now. fuel here is about 3dollars a litre and we are paying 4 bucks a capsicum so commodities are through the roof makes luxuries a little more difficult. The market for second hand luxuries therefore will obviously take a hit as sellers get desperate to feed there kids yo lucky me no wife or kids 😉 and that's the way I like it.

Yeah, stuff is expensive over here, a lot more so now than a couple of years ago. Covid has made a lot of things more expensive. The worst of all is food. Gasoline has gone up about a dollar a gallon, so for people who drive a lot, that's a significant expense.

In my particular case, I'm trying to get ready to retire next year, so am trying to watch my money pretty carefully. Plus it's just in my nature to whine about spending money. I got it from my Mama. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You fellas give those up voluntarily? Or did you get shanghai'd in the middle of the night?

I musta forgot where I put the mason jar in this house. It's a mystery. Maybe it disintegrated after 47 years, will be 48 years in April. Ya think?

Back on topic: SXK Vape Snail arrived yesterday. It's exceptional, even built with a simple 3mm 26awg stainless round wire coil. What a great vape!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You fellas give those up voluntarily? Or did you get shanghai'd in the middle of the night?

I musta forgot where I put the mason jar in this house. It's a mystery. Maybe it disintegrated after 47 years, will be 48 years in April. Ya think?

Back on topic: SXK Vape Snail arrived yesterday. It's exceptional, even built with a simple 3mm 26awg stainless round wire coil. What a great vape!
🤣 you're killin me....
Your balls are gone.
Get over it.
Back on topic.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That is a fantastic color combo. I'd leave that bone stock.

I won't be changing much on it. I love the colors, too. Did get some light teal screws, but if they don't "add-to" I'll take 'em back off again.

The white boro tank has to go, though. I'll probably put the Vape Snail in it.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am in the mood to complain, so allow me a moment, please, to get this off my chest.

When you buy a set of BB screws, why are there no extras? I'd even pay a few bucks extra for spare short and spare long screws.

And

When a person works on boro tanks, and has a mess, it is a real, by God, terrible mess. I have been here for hours putzing around with boros and bridges this afternoon, juice all over my hands, my clothes, my computer. I think what I decided after all was said and done is that I have one bridge that just isn't going to work in any tank I put it in. It leaked about 10ml of juice out of several different tanks. I think the bridge is a tad bit too long, and both ends of it won't seal against the tank no matter what I do. One time I watched the thing for like fifteen minutes, about 2 ml of juice in the tank, and it didn't leak a drop. So I put it in a box, added juice to it, and it immediately began to piss all over everything. Three different tanks, same thing. Juice everywhere.

And

I've bought my last aluminum boro, unless things get to a point where I'm able to buy an aluminum boro that isn't a cheapo POS. This "anodized" aluminum tank I have, well, let's just say the "anodizing" is chipping off on the sides. Thank you, AliExpress. I guess I got what I paid for. I have two of those tanks, and I won't be using either of them. Not excited to be vaping tiny flecks of paint into my damn lungs.

I paired that tank up with the subject obnoxious bridge, and whenever I can make a rational decision again, I most likely will throw them both in the trash.

End of Rant.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in the mood to complain, so allow me a moment, please, to get this off my chest.

When you buy a set of BB screws, why are there no extras? I'd even pay a few bucks extra for spare short and spare long screws.

And

When a person works on boro tanks, and has a mess, it is a real, by God, terrible mess. I have been here for hours putzing around with boros and bridges this afternoon, juice all over my hands, my clothes, my computer. I think what I decided after all was said and done is that I have one bridge that just isn't going to work in any tank I put it in. It leaked about 10ml of juice out of several different tanks. I think the bridge is a tad bit too long, and both ends of it won't seal against the tank no matter what I do. One time I watched the thing for like fifteen minutes, about 2 ml of juice in the tank, and it didn't leak a drop. So I put it in a box, added juice to it, and it immediately began to piss all over everything. Three different tanks, same thing. Juice everywhere.

And

I've bought my last aluminum boro, unless things get to a point where I'm able to buy an aluminum boro that isn't a cheapo POS. This "anodized" aluminum tank I have, well, let's just say the "anodizing" is chipping off on the sides. Thank you, AliExpress. I guess I got what I paid for. I have two of those tanks, and I won't be using either of them. Not excited to be vaping tiny flecks of paint into my damn lungs.

I paired that tank up with the subject obnoxious bridge, and whenever I can make a rational decision again, I most likely will throw them both in the trash.

End of Rant.
They're not as good as the authentic ones and not as consistent either, but I have had no major problems with the SXK boros.

You probably already have some, but just thought I'd throw it out there anyway :)

And yes, boros are just messier on the whole than other devices, but some RBAs are alot worse than others.

There's probably a reason why you didn't say, but dare I ask which one you've been going nose to nose with?

VU Sponsors