Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On another note. I received my SXK haku xena today. Also got the atlantis setup but haven't tried it yet. This haku is great so far. I enjoyed the kanger rba but I had to rewick or a new coil almost every week. Flavor seemed to drop off real quick.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On another note. I received my SXK haku xena today. Also got the atlantis setup but haven't tried it yet. This haku is great so far. I enjoyed the kanger rba but I had to rewick or a new coil almost every week. Flavor seemed to drop off real quick.
Re wicking will have to do with other factors too, but the Xeta is awesome. How do you usually vape? Meaning what kind of setup did you prefer before you got your BB?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This one specifically to you all within this thread.

Happy Holidays

I wish you and your family a wonderful day.

I don't have a large family (My Side) and we are so spread out across the country (CA-AZ-NM-MI-NY) we rarely ever get together as we did when I was younger and I am absolutely grateful for group video chats like FaceTime etc. It's one thing we do for a few each Holiday.

Anyway, have a rad day with you and yours

Donovan

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Jim, Did you ever sort your mech button issue?

I ordered a Arcless Stack from NJ the other day and it will be here tomorrow... and I bought a clone Overlord to compare to the Authentic I have. I really REALLY like their button...

Even if its 95% of the original in quality and performance... it will be a rock star for $17 (FT) that will be a no brainer for anyone wanting to pick up a 186/207/217 mech. I'll end up doing a side by side for posterity when it arrives in a few weeks.

Anyway, hope you and everyone else that is reading this had an awesome Christmas

Don

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i have a clone Overlord. its darn nice. if an auth is better, i bet its not much.

Find out definitively when the clone arrives.

Post voltage reads using the same RDA on both

I have a Black C2MNT arriving today, probably swap out the US1 V2 RDA that is in my Double Barrel V3 with it.

Need to build a set of Aliens for it, or at least a set of fused claptons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Jim, Did you ever sort your mech button issue?

I ordered a Arcless Stack from NJ the other day and it will be here tomorrow... and I bought a clone Overlord to compare to the Authentic I have. I really REALLY like their button...

Even if its 95% of the original in quality and performance... it will be a rock star for $17 (FT) that will be a no brainer for anyone wanting to pick up a 186/207/217 mech. I'll end up doing a side by side for posterity when it arrives in a few weeks.

Anyway, hope you and everyone else that is reading this had an awesome Christmas

Don
Nope. I will say that it take a but for it to warm up now though. Gotta take a solid three pulls to get it hot, but not I can't touch it hot. Chalk it up the conductivity of stainless (or lack thereof I guess).
I have a brass constant contact switch coming sometime next week. That should take care of it!

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. I will say that it take a but for it to warm up now though. Gotta take a solid three pulls to get it hot, but not I can't touch it hot. Chalk it up the conductivity of stainless (or lack thereof I guess).
I have a brass constant contact switch coming sometime next week. That should take care of it!

Sent from the Death Star

I thought those mods came with 3... never mind, they come with 3 pins but not 3 types of contacts

Finally got the Black matchup for the overlord... C2MNT wasn’t exactly black, so didn’t match the DBv3

96162b42407ebeb3b17cac1ce27b00c9.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@R3alJim Shady if you were on the fence about the Arcless, just go get it... same RDA/build, Fresh 30T... it hits a smidge harder than my Overlord

3.77v vs 3.8v...

Vape Crypto has them, I bought it with a stack section for $66 shipped.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@R3alJim Shady if you were on the fence about the Arcless, just go get it... same RDA/build, Fresh 30T... it hits a smidge harder than my Overlord

3.77v vs 3.8v...

Vape Distro has them, I bought it with a stack section for $66 shipped.
Good to know! If the CC switch doesn't help with the Dreamer maybe I'll sell it and get an Arcless. That was definitely in the running when I was looking

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a preeety good chance I might have gone a bit overboard this past week. 15775674729342104979722.jpg 1577567513817-1384306837.jpg
And, @~Don~, buddy, thanks a bunch getting me started on the slippery slope in that rabbit hole.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
those are very nice knives, but i ain't going down that road. i got this BENCHMADE ATS-34 about 25 years ago, for a steal.
i don't even use it for anything, it just sits here in my desk, cause i don't want to damage it. i have plenty of beater knives.

20191228_165320.jpg 20191228_165330.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
those are very nice knives, but i ain't going down that road. i got this BENCHMADE ATS-34 about 25 years ago, for a steal.
i don't even use it for anything, it just sits here in my desk, cause i don't want to damage it. i have plenty of beater knives.

View attachment 152283 View attachment 152284
Very nice indeed!
Those are my "Sunday, go to meetin' " knives, for work around the yard and such I have a Cibenza 21 or a Sanrenmu Land 910 (or a 903). The Cibenza has D2 blade and the Land have Sanvik 12c27 blades. They need sharpening more often but I don't mind it, I like using my sharpening system.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Very nice indeed!
Those are my "Sunday, go to meetin' " knives, for work around the yard and such I have a Cibenza 21 or a Sanrenmu Land 910 (or a 903). The Cibenza has D2 blade and the Land have Sanvik 12c27 blades. They need sharpening more often but I don't mind it, I like using my sharpening system.

so, are you saying its a good knife ? be honest now, i wanna know the facts. to me its nice enough, i mean, the quality seems to be there. but i'm not a knife guy. all that knife names and stuff you say, its like me telling a non vape person about billet box's = them looking at me like i have 3 heads. lol.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so, are you saying its a good knife ? be honest now, i wanna know the facts. to me its nice enough, i mean, the quality seems to be there. but i'm not a knife guy. all that knife names and stuff you say, its like me telling a non vape person about billet box's = them looking at me like i have 3 heads. lol.

You have an older benchmade AFCK that was designed by a former SEAL, that has proven its worth over the years.

They’re worth a pretty penny these days in good condition and still carry the warranty.

It’s not my style of knife, but it’s a solid knife.

You ever break the blade and send it in, you’re most likely going to get a M4 blade replacement since they probably don’t have stock of the blade anymore.

Good knife imo

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Benchmade of yours is most definitely a keeper, @~Don~ knows his stuff, he got me dragged into knifes. The Sanrenmu knives I mentioned are the $30 daily users you don't mind loosing but they are pretty nice and the blades keep a decent edge.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like all sorts of knives, and I absolutely like fixed blades...just they aren’t crowd friendly and get stares here in California.

Really should just buy a small house in Arizona and change my license to there, and with both residences and AZ being primary I can legally carry a high capacity mag, legally own an assault rifle without all the gimping CA forces on to owners.

10 round mags, no suppression, no lasers of certain wattages, no modular stocks, no full auto (this I’m not to worried of, quick burst is allowed and actually more advantageous) have to have the bullet button lock on mags releases...this I hate, but there are legal work arounds lol

Yeah Arizona, right on the border

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like all sorts of knives, and I absolutely like fixed blades...just they aren’t crowd friendly and get stares here in California.

Really should just buy a small house in Arizona and change my license to there, and with both residences and AZ being primary I can legally carry a high capacity mag, legally own an assault rifle without all the gimping CA forces on to owners.

10 round mags, no suppression, no lasers of certain wattages, no modular stocks, no full auto (this I’m not to worried of, quick burst is allowed and actually more advantageous) have to have the bullet button lock on mags releases...this I hate, but there are legal work arounds lol

Yeah Arizona, right on the border

The way things are going around SoCal, I might be looking for a house there too!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everybody. A BB newbie here. Did anybody in here use the Flow v2?? I am expecting one in a few days and I wanna know if it does MTL.

@robfisher should be able to help there I think.

It's generally safe to assume that Odis products are usually directed toward the DL crowd so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't capable or wasn't that great of an MTL vape.

The Haku Xeta and Atmizoo VapeShell (with MTL airflow pins) are confirmed great for it though.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everybody. A BB newbie here. Did anybody in here use the Flow v2?? I am expecting one in a few days and I wanna know if it does MTL.

Hi stranger, nice to see you! I haven't been on pdib's thread in a very long while, hope the folks there are doing OK.
I don't know how tight a MTL draw you prefer but the Xeta is pretty good if you like making your coils and the MF bridge (if you can find one) is my absolute favorite for drop in coils.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys!..I have ordered the Xeta and the Vape Shell. But it will be a couple of weeks until I get them.

Hey Brewster!!!...glad to see you here. Haven’t been t Pdib’s thread in ages myself. But I run into the folks over there on Facebook.

Boy I’m gad you’re into BBs too. So tell me how does it compare to a Nuppin’?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You have an older benchmade AFCK that was designed by a former SEAL, that has proven its worth over the years.

They’re worth a pretty penny these days in good condition and still carry the warranty.

It’s not my style of knife, but it’s a solid knife.

You ever break the blade and send it in, you’re most likely going to get a M4 blade replacement since they probably don’t have stock of the blade anymore.

Good knife imo

cool, thanx. i'm not looking to sell it, but what are they worth ?

and the edge is just a little dull, nothing for me to be concerned about really. but if i can use my stone, and know how to do it properly, i would touch it up. thoughts ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
cool, thanx. i'm not looking to sell it, but what are they worth ?

and the edge is just a little dull, nothing for me to be concerned about really. but if i can use my stone, and know how to do it properly, i would touch it up. thoughts ?

Sharpening serrated blades isn't difficult... run across stones and usual to apex, use the correct size round file to sharpen the serrations edge, then strop.

The value can change with the market, but last I remember it was over $250, condition pending.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sharpening serrated blades isn't difficult... run across stones and usual to apex, use the correct size round file to sharpen the serrations edge, then strop.

The value can change with the market, but last I remember it was over $250, condition pending.

not worried about the serrates, its the straight edge.

$250 uh, hmmmm. this one has been carried , looking at pics, which exaggerate the marks. what do you think ?
for that kind of money, i would consider selling it.

20191229_101641.jpg 20191229_101732.jpg 20191229_101759.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not worried about the serrates, its the straight edge.

$250 uh, hmmmm. this one has been carried , looking at pics, which exaggerate the marks. what do you think ?
for that kind of money, i would consider selling it.

View attachment 152315 View attachment 152316 View attachment 152317

I'd probably be the wrong guy to give a valuation on Benchmade knives... there are only 2-3 I'd ever buy, which BrewBear owns one of them.

In its current state, it would be worth less... but sending it in for warranty service, where they would clean, repair and or replace worn items and clean to almost new look (Called a Spa) it would probably be worth more.

But you'd be without the knife for X amount of time, have to pay shipping to and from, but the spa service as I recall is free.

Also without the box, value drops...

upload_2019-12-29_8-31-36.png

Just an idea what a perfect one can fetch

https://www.benchmade.com/lifesharp-service

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
wow, 3 bills! but a bran new, not from BM would be worth less, just cause.

is there a place, like a knife forum maybe, where a guy could explore selling a knife ? imma go look on ebay now.

thanx man.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So tell me how does it compare to a Nuppin’?
I have the Xeta, not the Vapeshell. I had a Vapeshell clone that was underwelming, my understanding is the authentics are good. The main difference between Nuppin and these guys is that in the Xeta you can change/adjust not only the airflow (via inserts) but also the size of the chamber (somewhat) via inserts. The flavor is very good on Xeta. My favorite rebuildable tank for the past year has been the Dvarw MTL.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
uggh, now you did it brew... you pointed him to BFs lol

That is the most wonderful place for knifes, but the most evil due to its for sale threads...make a man go broke... so evil lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
uggh, now you did it brew... you pointed him to BFs lol

That is the most wonderful place for knifes, but the most evil due to its for sale threads...make a man go broke... so evil lol
I know it can be! I missed on a Doug Ritter mini Griptilian but I keep an eye out! Found a mini Grip in M4, just not so sure! You should know how bad it is for one's PayPal account, you sent me there!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know it can be! I missed on a Doug Ritter mini Griptilian but I keep an eye out! Found a mini Grip in M4, just not so sure! You should know how bad it is for one's PayPal account, you sent me there!

Yeah its why I don't go there anymore... I'd be REALLY broke...

Just so much WANT there and so little MONEY here LOL

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
lol. i would say you guys are kill'n me, but no. i hardly ever have a need for a knife. other than food of course. so buying a $200, to me, would be like buying a $200 hammer. a $15 one does me just fine.

i looked on ebay, prices are all other the board. only one has action, and price so far is low. i'l watch it, 3 more days.
i will check out BF, thanx.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol. i would say you guys are kill'n me, but no. i hardly ever have a need for a knife. other than food of course. so buying a $200, to me, would be like buying a $200 hammer. a $15 one does me just fine.

i looked on ebay, prices are all other the board. only one has action, and price so far is low. i'l watch it, 3 more days.
i will check out BF, thanx.

That’s the beauty of knives, it’s a tool, just as vape gear.

Some great budget knives, some great budget vapes.

Quality/Warranty is where the premium costs come from.

Like my knives, $550 and $450 new, got them for $380 and $300 in near new used condition.

Have one on order from Chris Reeves Knives, $475 plain Jane Sebenza 31 with double silver thumb studs.

Should be ready within the next 3-4 months, pay when the mothership calls

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, i just browsed the for sale room there. there are some real beauties over there, the 2 $800ish ones, wow.

selling mine. it looks like i have no chance there. but i could throw it on ebay and wait a few years. or give it away.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, i just browsed the for sale room there. there are some real beauties over there, the 2 $800ish ones, wow.

selling mine. it looks like i have no chance there. but i could throw it on ebay and wait a few years. or give it away.

I have seen a few Benchmarks and others for sale there and the seller stated the knife was back from the Spa. It could be worth it to you to check with Benchmark and see what the costs will be.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So all this talk of knives....I carry a BM mini Grip with a 154CM blade. It's never been sharpened and getting pretty dull after a couple years. Yeah, I know.

I have no tools to sharpen this. Should I send it in to BM to get sharpened or is there a good process (without buying a Wicked Edge) and tools I can learn how to do that?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have seen a few Benchmarks and others for sale there and the seller stated the knife was back from the Spa. It could be worth it to you to check with Benchmark and see what the costs will be.

yeah, maybe i will do that. they even pay for return shipping.

do you guys know if these and some kind of serial numbers on them ?

VU Sponsors