Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't thinking so much of making it tighter overall, but making the hole right under the coil tighter. That's apparently what the accessory pin does. I've actually seen nobody say they're using it, but it caught my eye.
That's essentially what the screw does right? Either way, less af to the coil?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's essentially what the screw does right? Either way, less af to the coil?
Yeah the air inlet on the shaft of the pin is narrower on the XS pin that @gsmit1 is talking about. I'm not sure about the opening underneath to coil itself though.
All I know is that I installed it, tried it, and swapped it right back out. Too tight for me.
I'd suggest trying it stock first before dropping the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the air inlet on the shaft of the pin is narrower on the XS pin that @gsmit1 is talking about. I'm not sure about the opening underneath to coil itself though.
All I know is that I installed it, tried it, and swapped it right back out. Too tight for me.
I'd suggest trying it stock first before dropping the extra cash.
Yeah, I have not seen a single instance in any video or forum post where somebody was actually using it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I have not seen a single instance in any video or forum post where somebody was actually using it.
I think some of the more hard-core MTL folks complained that they couldn't get "butthole tight" with it stock. I thought it went down plenty tight but I also used mine wide open

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me? Forever, but remember I didn't order right. Once they said they had the colors not long. Maybe a week. All told a month though

Good god... Mine is just normal black... I'll give it a week and tell them to cancel otherwise.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good god... Mine is just normal black... I'll give it a week and tell them to cancel otherwise.
No, not that. I didn't fill out the color on the checkout, then they said they were emailing me and I didn't get them. My guess is a week or less if you don't have any problems

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

On the two that I ordered it took them a week before they printed the shipping label. Then another couple of days before they shipped the order. Then the normal USPS multiple days before receiving.

I was not impressed with their service in any way.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On the two that I ordered it took them a week before they printed the shipping label. Then another couple of days before they shipped the order. Then the normal USPS multiple days before receiving.

I was not impressed with their service in any way.

Yeah I can see 2 weeks being unimpressive. Only thing I can think of is they're putting emphasis on the BMM orders

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how many members are going to freak when the server is dead for a day during the change?

There are a bunch of people who live for VU... I mean like straight stalk posts and other people... incite others etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said I wouldn't blame you guys and I'm not.

The nylon af piece instantly stripped out inside the post and I can't get it in or out. I was SOOO careful. I'll have to either melt it out or drill it out.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fingers are rwa, but I got it out with a drill bit from the top.

Second insert just like the first. Goes in smooth part way and then sticks while it's still protruding out of the bottom of the pin.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No idea, if you’re talking about the Kayfun... never owned one.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That one broke off trying to get it back out. One left. I don't think I can do anything with this.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That one broke off trying to get it back out. One left. I don't think I can do anything with this.

Ok... but why is there plastic in the 510?

Never knew there was an atomizer that had air flow from its 510 pin

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok... but why is there plastic in the 510?

Never knew there was an atomizer that had air flow from its 510 pin

Airflow comes in the side of the base of the deck, through a hole in the side of the pin, and the screw goes in and out to restrict said opening.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok just looked at the KFL19... pretty sure that plastic deal goes on the inside homie, Phil’s video he mentions it inside, though I didn’t see him actually adjust it inside

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Airflow comes in the side of the base of the deck, through a hole in the side of the pin, and the screw goes in and out to restrict said opening.

So the plastic deal does go through the 510 pin as he showed in that pic ?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn that's some bad luck! I'd break that bitch down and make sure there isn't something on the threads that needs to be removed. If not, I'd contact VaporDNA ASAP

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh shit it does... had to watch hazienuts to actually see that... my goodness

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh shit it does... had to watch hazienuts to actually see that... my goodness

Ugh. I'm sorry you to had to watch that cracked out POS. Ew.

Also, I see your Crapatalk is working. I'm using Chrome and these goddam social media buttons are covering my typing. Dumb.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ugh. I'm sorry you to had to watch that cracked out POS. Ew.

Also, I see your Crapatalk is working. I'm using Chrome and these goddam social media buttons are covering my typing. Dumb.

Yeah on chrome at my computer it’s just to fucking bright... my eyes hurt... why I enjoy TT and it’s dark mode

758f1680df08c073888d42fbfcbab280.png

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah on chrome at my computer it’s just to fucking bright... my eyes hurt... why I enjoy TT and it’s dark mode

758f1680df08c073888d42fbfcbab280.png
I had to sign out and sign back in. Working now...
@gsmit1 I hope you get that figured out or easily replaced. VaporDNA has some pretty good customer service from what I've heard. Bonus of buying from a reputable site in the US!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Feel the pain...

Just to put an adjustment screw in before even building it... brand new out of the box and issues.

I’d for sure contact them about it...

Wonder if you can stick metal ones in there?

Stick a thread pitch gauge on the plastic screw, order some proper metal ones

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Before I jacked it up good, I took the pin over to my guy METRO and he ran a tap through it. The third nylon AF insert now works right. I also got some SS grub screws the same size and some low strength thread locker just in case.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Before I jacked it up good, I took the pin over to my guy METRO and he ran a tap through it. The third nylon AF insert now works right. I also got some SS grub screws the same size and some low strength thread locker just in case.
Nice! Glad you got it to work! Not that you should've had to do that though.
Be careful of those SS grub screws. They may cause a short

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idk if this is working, lol, sight is all jacked up. So tge threading was bad, jacking them up? Some of mine came with metal af screws, assuming SS. No problems using them, but none with the teflon either. Sorry man, that's some shit you would expect from clones :mad:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m so evil... going to give my old mums a heart attack

My mums is terrified my lil sis is coming to San Diego today... afraid she’s gonna catch the Rona.

e12eebfdb556d438d9b30604930367ba.jpg

Feel bad my mums then said... you gonna make me cry “doh”

Had to tell her that my sis is 35, not stupid, nor would put herself or her family in harms way and within crowds.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm about to throw this thing out the window. :headbang: The airflow is fine now, but no possible way of putting these parts back together will work right.

With one washer on the bottom the deck the positive pin sticks WAY outta the bottom of the 510. With the only other one, the top of the airflow protrudes way up into the deck so that the coil has to be pulled way up not to hit it.

There is no o-ring that fits between the positive and negative of the 510 either. This not going well at all.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to throw this thing out the window. :headbang: The airflow is fine now, but no possible way of putting these parts back together will work right.

With one washer on the bottom the deck the positive pin sticks WAY outta the bottom of the 510. With the only other one, the top of the airflow protrudes way up into the deck so that the coil has to be pulled way up not to hit it.

There is no o-ring that fits between the positive and negative of the 510 either. This not going well at all.

Not to seem insensitive, always seems you’re having issues with one thing or another... dang

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Shoot us some pics when you get a chance. Maybe we can see what the issue is and help.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was all excited expecting to just screw the af plug in, put in the screws and build it.

I ran into this problem with the af plug right away so I took it all apart to get the plug out of the pin and I put the parts in the box along with the stuff from the spares bag that I'd already poured out in there.

I watched every video there is about this tank. Some 2 or 3 times. I felt like an expert even though I'd never touched one yet and it isn't that complicated to begin with, so I figured it should be no problem getting it back together between the spares and the parts from the tank itself.

I got it working, but I'm not fully confident in the way it's put together. I'll explain more when I get a chance. I don't mean to whine, but I'm betting you guys will understand better with some more information. I'd like to think I'm not an imbecile and that I have enough skill at this point to deal with an rta.

@dubya314 i scanned the QR code just in case and it checked out. The build quality except for the threads in the pin is excellent though.

@R3alJim Shady I did think of that, but if you look, the plug is enclosed in the pin. It never gets near the negative side of the tank.

@~Don~ Like I say. I feel bad for whining :( You know how it is when you envision the way things are going to go........................ and then they don't.

BTW, I'm not down on Svoe Mestro about this. They have a stellar reputation over many years. Even the best company can have some problems slip through QC on occasion. It just sucks when it's you :D

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was all excited expecting to just screw the af plug in, put in the screws and build it.

I ran into this problem with the af plug right away so I took it all apart to get the plug out of the pin and I put the parts in the box along with the stuff from the spares bag that I'd already poured out in there.

I watched every video there is about this tank. Some 2 or 3 times. I felt like an expert even though I'd never touched one yet and it isn't that complicated to begin with, so I figured it should be no problem getting it back together between the spares and the parts from the tank itself.

I got it working, but I'm not fully confident in the way it's put together. I'll explain more when I get a chance. I don't mean to whine, but I'm betting you guys will understand better with some more information. I'd like to think I'm not an imbecile and that I have enough skill at this point to deal with an rta.

@dubya314 i scanned the QR code just in case and it checked out. The build quality except for the threads in the pin is excellent though.

@R3alJim Shady I did think of that, but if you look, the plug is enclosed in the pin. It never gets near the negative side of the tank.

@~Don~ Like I say. I feel bad for whining :( You know how it is when you envision the way things are going to go........................ and then they don't.

BTW, I'm not down on Svoe Mestro about this. They have a stellar reputation over many years. Even the best company can have some problems slip through QC on occasion. It just sucks when it's you :D

Never thought you were whining.

We’d love pictures of your method in putting it all back together.

To me it’s always lubed o-rings that don’t allow things to go back together properly, you think you have enough, and crunch, you pinch an O-ring and a thousandths here and a thousandths there and it looks all wonky.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Anyone know where I can get accessories state side without a ridiculous markup and 2-3+ week shipping?

Looking for:
- Buttons (fire, up, and down)
- Covers / Plates
- maybe screws

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know where I can get accessories state side without a ridiculous markup and 2-3+ week shipping?

Looking for:
- Covers / Plates
- maybe screws

nevernormalz.com, jmktips.com, supersecretshop.com (SSPP), nickricottacustoms.com
- Covers / Plates
supersecretshop.com, mumsff.com
- maybe screws
Rockmodz

Never Normal, SSPP, Nick Ricotta Customs, and Mums all announce product drops via their FB groups.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I vaguely remember the o-ring in the base of the tank being a bitch to place. There should be a tiny one around the 510 post itself, then a larger one that keeps the deck from touching the base it screws into. The latter is the one that requires fiddling, IIRC.

VU Sponsors