Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was a bottle of 18mg salts I loaded in the BB... it burns LOL
Dude that's brutal... I had a bottle of 12mg salts that I was dripping onto a set of 0.12 ohm dual coils once. I was fine until I got done exhaling... then couldn't catch my breath. Did it all day and was freaking out. It hit me about 5 hours later when I picked up the bottle and the label caught my eye. D'oh!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is it with you guys?

View attachment 166481

I have 48mg salts in mine right now

I only vape 1.5mg salt as the norm...

6mg is my go to out and about juice in the BB so I only need a toot once in a few hours.

The 18 burned my sinuses and had me sneezing

I dumped it immediately... and the boro full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely loving the vape from the Snail, but does anyone else find it to be a major p.i.t.a. to have to take the deck apart to build it? Not a deal breaker for me, I just think it sucks.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only vape 1.5mg salt as the norm...

6mg is my go to out and about juice in the BB so I only need a toot once in a few hours.

The 18 burned my sinuses and had me sneezing

I dumped it immediately... and the boro full.

6mg freebase and only a toot once in a while? That's what I use, and probably 30 or 40 toots per hour :huh:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely loving the vape from the Shell, but does anyone else find it to be a major p.i.t.a. to have to take the deck apart to build it? Not a deal breaker for me, I just think it sucks.

‘Tis why the evolution of it became the Snail... many of the changes were directly influenced by criticism of the shell.

It’s just not finicky like many RBAs... coil, wick, juice and done.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
‘Tis why the evolution of it became the Snail... many of the changes were directly influenced by criticism of the shell.

It’s just not finicky like many RBAs... coil, wick, juice and done.

Oops, I mean the Snail. I'll fix that. Shell you just screw on the connector, easy peesy

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
6mg freebase and only a toot once in a while? That's what I use, and probably 30 or 40 toots per hour :huh:

I don’t vape a lot... and actually on the down swing of things... quitting is in sight.

I can wake up and not vape for hours and only do so when I finally sit at my computer to do some reading... all my vape shit is at the desk.

Out and about, if the wife needs to do an errand or buy something at a store on the way... I’ll take a few toots. Otherwise we can be out for 6hrs+ and I won’t take a puff.

I started pretty high 5 years ago... it’s been a process, but my goal was to quit nicotine dependency...

I never smoked cigarettes, so there is that, smoked cigars though and my mouth waters thinking of them.

Over the past year I have successfully transitioned from 6mg to 1.5mg as my adv.

Figured another year maybe, maybe less and I’m done.

I don’t get all irritable when I don’t vape, even when I smoked cigars I didn’t when I’d go days without.

So yeah... I can vape mindlessly 60ml a day or just 2ml, depends so much on my focus and what I am focusing on.

Similar to the weight loss journey I’ve been on...101lbs in 13m and still going...and I only eat a hand full of items strictly for the past year... focused, iron clad commitment.

Vaping is a tool, not a lifestyle for me

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don’t vape a lot... and actually on the down swing of things... quitting is in sight.

I can wake up and not vape for hours and only do so when I finally sit at my computer to do some reading... all my vape shit is at the desk.

Out and about, if the wife needs to do an errand or buy something at a store on the way... I’ll take a few toots. Otherwise we can be out for 6hrs+ and I won’t take a puff.

I started pretty high 5 years ago... it’s been a process, but my goal was to quit nicotine dependency...

I never smoked cigarettes, so there is that, smoked cigars though and my mouth waters thinking of them.

Over the past year I have successfully transitioned from 6mg to 1.5mg as my adv.

Figured another year maybe, maybe less and I’m done.

I don’t get all irritable when I don’t vape, even when I smoked cigars I didn’t when I’d go days without.

So yeah... I can vape mindlessly 60ml a day or just 2ml, depends so much on my focus and what I am focusing on.

Similar to the weight loss journey I’ve been on...101lbs in 13m and still going...and I only eat a hand full of items strictly for the past year... focused, iron clad commitment.

Vaping is a tool, not a lifestyle for me

That's cool. Good on you. I started about 6 1/2 years ago on 24mg. Rapidly went to 18 then 12. Was there for a bit before going to 9 for a long time. Down to 6 now, it's a slow process for me, but progress none the less. As far as how often I do it, that's gonna be really tough for me. I was a 1 1/2-2 pack a dayer, plus chew. The hand to mouth is rough for me.....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a super high tolerance to everything. Always have. That's not bragging at all. It would be a lot cheaper if I didn't.

I quit drinking 14 years ago, but before I did, I could practically inject intravenously what would get most people staggering drunk and pass a sobriety test. Stand on one leg. Walk toe to heal, touch my nose etc. It aggravated my wife.

I like nicotine, but never smoked because I HATED cigarettes. I could not stand that smoky nasty taste in my lungs for an hour after one drag.

I like nicotine, but hated the delivery systems. Vaping actually allowed me to enjoy nicotine and at a risk level I was willing to take. I know that's backward, but I'm just being honest. I've been vaping 2 1/2 years and my doctor doesn't even know. Never told her and she can't tell.

All that said, I go hours sometimes without vaping just because I got busy with something and didn't think of it. I've gone on all day jobs and forgot to take anything with me and it's no problem. That's also being honest.

I like vaping and I LOVE playing with the equipment and all the science involved. That's why I do it.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oops, I mean the Snail. I'll fix that. Shell you just screw on the connector, easy peesy

Well now I am curious...

What is the pita part?

If I look at the Shell and it’s steps to rewick and or recoil and or both. You slide glass, push up to pop chimney past top of boro, pop out the base, screw on adapter and go about as normal.

4 steps.

Snail, pop off bottom, swap connectors, go about as normal.

3 steps

I get having to fumble with that small connector, I don’t even use the tool, just pinch and unscrew, so in that aspect I can see it being a pita compared to just screwing on a larger adapter.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One complaint I have about SXK is the screws they use sometimes have these heads that are kinda rounded on the bottom, like on the left, that make it harder than it should be to trap the wire. They need to be square like on the right.
View attachment 166505
Yeah that is annoying... that 1/4 turn after snug makes the coil jump...

A few RSAs over the years I've owned had screws as such... always ended up ordering replacements.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got an SXK Shell that I never got to use because of the quality of the screws. One of them wouldn’t be unscrewed from the deck and it wouldn’t even budge. It ended being completely stripped and the Shell is currently a paper weight.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A few RSAs over the years I've owned had screws as such... always ended up ordering replacements.
I got some better ss machine screws from METRO which is like a mile from here. Nice sharp square heads. Much better.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Some of it has to do with the post design too. Like with the Kayfun [Lite] 2019 or the Haar or the fabulous Cthulhu 1928 I just got from @dubya314 , the screws fit exactly right up against the posts so you could trap anything in there, even probably with those bad screws, though super small round wire might sit in that tiny space it would have.

Some of the older BB RBAs aren't as tight like that. Even in the authentics from what I've seen.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got an SXK Shell that I never got to use because of the quality of the screws. One of them wouldn’t be unscrewed from the deck and it wouldn’t even budge. It ended being completely stripped and the Shell is currently a paper weight.
A screw extractor should be able to get that out I would think.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well now I am curious...

What is the pita part?

If I look at the Shell and it’s steps to rewick and or recoil and or both. You slide glass, push up to pop chimney past top of boro, pop out the base, screw on adapter and go about as normal.

4 steps.

Snail, pop off bottom, swap connectors, go about as normal.

3 steps

I get having to fumble with that small connector, I don’t even use the tool, just pinch and unscrew, so in that aspect I can see it being a pita compared to just screwing on a larger adapter.

True, more steps with the shell. I just hate trying to get the pin out of the Snail with that tool. Never tried just unscrewing with my fingers. If it works i could see that being much better.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some of it has to do with the post design too. Like with the Kayfun [Lite] 2019 or the Haar or the fabulous Cthulhu 1928 I just got from @dubya314 , the screws fit exactly right up against the posts so you could trap anything in there, even probably with those bad screws, though super small round wire might sit in that tiny space it would have.

Some of the older BB RBAs aren't as tight like that. Even in the authentics from what I've seen.

Completely agree.

Most MTL RDAs, RBAs, RSAs were designed around round wire.

Only recently are they considering post advancement to trap claptons+

Take KHW for instance... the Dvarw was 100% designed to trap round wire and only recently did Peter offset the posts a few mm and design the posts to easily trap fused claptons+

I like fused claptons in the BB... but it’s not OMG this shits on plain round...

For this guy it really depends on if I want to spend the time making coils or just tossing in round... chamber is so small there really isn’t a huge upswing as when someone with a 28mm RDA uses plain to let’s say an Alien

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True, more steps with the shell. I just hate trying to get the pin out of the Snail with that tool. Never tried just unscrewing with my fingers. If it works i could see that being much better.

Yeah I used the tool once, when I first got it... been using the ole digits since.

Doesn’t need to be tightened down more than what my fingers can achieve.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the Bridg'd it does LOL! KINDA similar in that the airflow inserts screw in down there. If you don't get it in tight it comes back out when dissembling to work on it and the deck comes apart. Can be a pain to get it started back into the positive post.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about it but I think the Shell screw and the space around it is too small. What size of screw extractor do you think would work?
Oh I don't know off the top of my head, but anything can be gotten out. Just about.

You might even be able to get a pair of the right kind of pliers on the head from above and get it loose.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh I don't know off the top of my head, but anything can be gotten out. Just about.

You might even be able to get a pair of the right kind of pliers on the head from above and get it loose.

Been there..done that. The deck leaves a room that is too small to do this. But i can try to get smaller pliers and see if it works.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The 1928 is the only atty I can say I use every single day. Don't ever see that changing either.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On the Bridg'd it does LOL! KINDA similar in that the airflow inserts screw in down there. If you don't get it in tight it comes back out when dissembling to work on it and the deck comes apart. Can be a pain to get it started back into the positive post.
Yup, and yup, for sure.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I used the tool once, when I first got it... been using the ole digits since.

Notorious overtightener here :wave: but I'm gonna give it a try. Would definitely help.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Completely agree.

Most MTL RDAs, RBAs, RSAs were designed around round wire.

Only recently are they considering post advancement to trap claptons+

Take KHW for instance... the Dvarw was 100% designed to trap round wire and only recently did Peter offset the posts a few mm and design the posts to easily trap fused claptons+

I like fused claptons in the BB... but it’s not OMG this shits on plain round...

For this guy it really depends on if I want to spend the time making coils or just tossing in round... chamber is so small there really isn’t a huge upswing as when someone with a 28mm RDA uses plain to let’s say an Alien

Totally agree. More often than not I find myself just going with round for ease in the BB, vs the small uptick I see in other coils in there.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got one of my Snails in.
Threw a quick build in and it promptly drained out all over the place - lol.
Really glad I had an Atmizoo plug in there - it pretty much directed all the juice outside the mod.
You probably already know - but you have to be really picky about making sure your wick is completely covering/blocking the juice ports - I found an almost microscopic gap on one side when I was diagnosing the leak. Poked the wick down a little better and it's been fine since.
Running it as open as you can with largest bottom opening and no mtl pin - it's a nice RDL vape.

Where's the best place to get a flush 510? With the Snail, my driptips sit a little proud.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got one of my Snails in.
Threw a quick build in and it promptly drained out all over the place - lol.
Really glad I had an Atmizoo plug in there - it pretty much directed all the juice outside the mod.
You probably already know - but you have to be really picky about making sure your wick is completely covering/blocking the juice ports - I found an almost microscopic gap on one side when I was diagnosing the leak. Poked the wick down a little better and it's been fine since.
Running it as open as you can with largest bottom opening and no mtl pin - it's a nice RDL vape.

Where's the best place to get a flush 510? With the Snail, my driptips sit a little proud.
I have a couple of these, no issues with them. Not sure if they can be had elsewhere cheaper though

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah,very easy to do,either with a dremel or even just a file,plus it seems to be about the only option for a flush fit nut for the sxk.

I was going to take mine and run it across sand paper across a progression of grits, finishing off at a nice polish.

Or take them against my diamond stone sharpening stones.

But I punked out and spent $35 on a flush nut from the UK

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to take mine and run it across sand paper across a progression of grits, finishing off at a nice polish.

Or take them against my diamond stone sharpening stones.
Either of those are probably far better options than what i did.The dremel got the job done,but it's far from pretty haha,i just went for function over beauty since it's never seen anyway,although now you got me wanting to sand and polish them haha.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BB Vapes has a flush nut for a Bantam - I wonder if that's cross-compatible.
I don't believe so.I asked the same question a while back,and a couple people that had a BB and a Bantam both said theirs weren't the same threads.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Either of those are probably far better options than what i did.The dremel got the job done,but it's far from pretty haha,i just went for function over beauty since it's never seen anyway,although now you got me wanting to sand and polish them haha.
Amazon you can order sandpaper sheets from 200grit to 7000... thats good enough to get a nice polish on stainless...

can get micro mesh pads also

VU Sponsors