Become a Patron!

Burnt taste on new coils/cotton

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a limitless i-joy rta. My build is .272 . I'm using 65 /35 vg/pg . My cotton is well saturated and I vape fairly low on an alien 220. 35watts or less. All of a sudden it tasted burnt. Not after chain vaping but on the 1st pull. I checked the volts, I like to keep them under 4, they were like 3.38 it just don't make sense. I switched to my reuleaux and the same thing happened at 50 watts. It continues untill I get down to 30 watts. Anyone know what is going on here?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Your coil obviously likes to be at 30 watts or less

Vape in wattage mode on the alien, not volts

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Your build doesn't like the wattage or you have a Hotspot on your build

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your coil obviously likes to be at 30 watts or less

Vape in wattage mode on the alien, not volts
I do vape in wattage , I had this problemorning once b4 with my esp30 , it was on 15 watts but the volts were super high,so I always check to enter sure the watts and volts match. Turned out the atomizer just needed to be tightened down

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your build doesn't like the wattage or you have a Hotspot on your build

Thanks it was a hot spot. For some reason it was getting really hot by the posts . I just made a new set of coils ,it's not happening right now anyway.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks it was a hot spot. For some reason it was getting really hot by the posts . I just made a new set of coils ,it's not happening right now anyway.
Glad I can help

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad I can help

I'm having problems.My atomizer seems like it's no good. I don't know how it could be broken, thee isn't much to it but it keeps getting hot spots. I strum it then 1 hit its fine ,the next back to burnt. My reulaux says atomizer short but it works on my istick. There is no Kanthal touching and this is an ongoing problem,even when I rebuild. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I'll post a pic

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm having problems.My atomizer seems like it's no good. I don't know how it could be broken, thee isn't much to it but it keeps getting hot spots. I strum it then 1 hit its fine ,the next back to burnt. My reulaux says atomizer short but it works on my istick. There is no Kanthal touching and this is an ongoing problem,even when I rebuild. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I'll post a pic
A pic would help but sounds to me like you didn't work out all the horse spots

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A pic would help but sounds to me like you didn't work out all the horse spots

Yeah those horse spots can be a real kick, lol.

Also sounds like your post screws are loosening as the coils heat and cool.

R0tt0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol dam auto correct

I switched from clapton to regular Kanthal it seems to be working better . I was afraid I shorted out my smok alien with that damn atomizer but it's all good for now.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I switched from clapton to regular Kanthal it seems to be working better . I was afraid I shorted out my smok alien with that damn atomizer but it's all good for now.
then it was clearly an issue with your build ;)

VU Sponsors