Become a Patron!

*CAUTION*: S Body Elfin DNA40 - probable knock offs.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I want to get the pink S Body Elvin DNA40. Everywhere I look I see DNA40 mentioned as the primary feature other than the small size. However, FastTech has it listed for $48 and has NO mention of the DNA chip in it's description. Why is that?

I was wondering if some are DNA and some are not?...which seems highly unlikely. Hence, the bargain price of $48 at FT vs. GB at $62. Why would FastTech omit this important DNA feature?

The differences that concern me the most are the buttons and the bottom of the device. The buttons are not center buffed at FT - they look flat and of cheap metal vs. the appearance at GB and Heathen's YT video. And, with the help of Heathen's YT review check out the 5:20 mark where he turns it over. The FT device does not clearly show the CE markings AND the vent holes are drilled inward on the authentic whereas the FT device holes look flat - not drilled the same. Also, the hex screws are not the same. FT has the screw placement in further than the authentic which has the screw placement holes more to the outside, and the metal gently slides to the sides. The color and lack of sheen at FT could be that they brightened the photo.

Of course we'd like the lesser price, but not at the cost of getting a knock off. I'm now convinced it isn't authentic at FT (for my own personal comfort). They remove the Auth. stickers anyway.
PLEASE NOT THIS IS NOT A REVIEW.
If I'm wrong or if you concur, I'd like to read what you think!

Here are the links if you'd like to compare. Me? I'm going with GB even if they do charge me $8.22 in shipping 'just' for that one item. (Boy. This FDA crap is really screwing with us.) USE Code ELFIN at GB to get it for $54.99 as of today per CheapVaping.Deals .
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_393725.html
https://www.fasttech.com/products/4706102

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On ft does it have the word style in the title of the product. If so it's a clone. Usually they say that if a clone.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
On ft does it have the word style in the title of the product. If so it's a clone. Usually they say that if a clone.

Nope. Not even in the specs/description.
Authentic SBody Elfin Mini 40W 1400mAh TC VW APV Mod

I am highly critical and over-analytical. Scrutinizing detail is a gift - to at fault.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well it says authentic so I'd assume it is authentic.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. Not even in the specs/description.
Authentic SBody Elfin Mini 40W 1400mAh TC VW APV Mod

I am highly critical and over-analytical. Scrutinizing detail is a gift - to at fault.
Fast tech generally are honest in regards to things being genuine or not, and I do a lot of ordering from China myself.

BUT-looking at those images, they do look different, and the screen on the FT version does look like a clone-but this could be down to the camera used and lighting to take the photos, but there are difference you explain that can't be down to just that.

With the noticeable differences, I probably would go with gearbest if it is a mod you really want, and if it will worry you once you have the device, after all is it really a bargain if you keep questioning if it is authentic or not?

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I didn't compare the screw holes but everything else appears to be the same just looks different due to angle of shot or lighting. The second picture on gearbest looks like the same buttons as fasttech and on the last picture on fasttech the small buttons look like they have the center polishing swirls.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm going with GearBest. To me, after reeeaaallly looking close, there were too many differences. Unfortunately the coupon code doesn't work at GB. It is apparently for full price items only.
Well it says authentic so I'd assume it is authentic.

But in the description, why would they leave out DNA40 which is a huge omission? I still don't trust FT on this one.

VU Sponsors