Become a Patron!

Celebrate Your Vapeversary Here

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if this counts (I slipped a few times but still vaped all along) It was about this time of year... it's been 3 years. First device was an Aspire PockeX using unflavored 18 mg juice. Costs me $25 at a smoke shop and the guy threw in the juice for free. Funny story: got home and read the instructions, filled it up (and put a few drops of juice down the tip) Clicked it 5 times but it wouldn't work (oh and I had charged it) Tried several times... 5 clicks fast. Gave up. The next morning, my friend said "try doing it faster" I said I was clicking it fast, then said "do you mean "tweaker" fast"? It turned on and my vaping journey began.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even with a few slips... yes, I have enjoyed vaping much more than smoking (even when i did break down and smoked, I didn't enjoy it) I have always enjoyed vaping much more! And my lungs are doing great (currently 5 months without a cig)
What's your nic level? I sometimes wonder, when people are still tempted by the stinkies, if they don't need to raise their vaping nic level.

Anyway, every effort counts, and reaffirms your intention to yourself. I salute you for 5 months without a cigarette, and wish you continued success.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
5 years today!
I haven't so much as even touched a cigarette since 10/26/2016.
1573d75e3bc06aa077e3991c1336ebe6.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
wp-content-8.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Even with a few slips... yes, I have enjoyed vaping much more than smoking (even when i did break down and smoked, I didn't enjoy it) I have always enjoyed vaping much more! And my lungs are doing great (currently 5 months without a cig)
Congrats on 5 months cig free- you are doing great and stay strong. The 1st year for me was the hardest- I didn't slip, but I wanted to. Took a lot of will power as well as vaping- you gotta want to quit and stay quit from cigarettes.
I am coming up to 7 years cigarette free on Dec 1st- not a single cigarette smoked.
:hearts:

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep it up. It’s eaiser to do today rather when vaping first started. The equipment was terrible. That’s why we vaped 48-36 mg. 😂

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is my 9th. I've been saying for half a year that I was coming up to my 10th, but that's because I've always been math challenged.

After about six weeks of dual use, both vaping and smoking, my last cigarette was with morning coffee on the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012, the rest of that day being the only difficult day of quitting. One day of battle, the angel on one shoulder saying "keep going, you can do this", the demon on the other shoulder saying "just have another cigarette, nobody is stopping you".

Sunday morning I woke up knowing I was a nonsmoker, knowing I would never go back. I'd chosen a Saturday to quit, to have a Sunday buffer between quit day and the grim Monday back at work without cigarette breaks, but I felt fine, happy, secure. I vaped at my desk. Nobody cared, except to be happy for me.

From then until now, I have not craved a cigarette. Someone may walk past me with a lit one, and the smell is nostalgic, but not tempting. The strange thing is that lately I have had a couple of dreams in which I am still a smoker, one where I was looking for my cigarettes, the other where I was upset because I'd forgotten to buy them, but those dreams were just subconscious look-backs, not cravings or regrets.

Celebrating 9 years of not having bronchitis every winter, of living in a place that doesn't smell like an ashtray, still with an appreciation of vaping as a miraculous innovation by that brilliant Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik.

I hope good will win over evil, and vaping will not be taken from us by authoritarian government overreach, politicians on soapboxes, hysterical nannies, big tobacco, and pharma which has all the quit methods that don't work. I hope vaping will remain available to deliver more people who are suffering in the grip of demon tobacco, but realistically I know that horrible things are done to people all the time by their governments. Pray for the dead, work like hell for the living, is how the old saying goes.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today is my 9th. I've been saying for half a year that I was coming up to my 10th, but that's because I've always been math challenged.

After about six weeks of dual use, both vaping and smoking, my last cigarette was with morning coffee on the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012, the rest of that day being the only difficult day of quitting. One day of battle, the angel on one shoulder saying "keep going, you can do this", the demon on the other shoulder saying "just have another cigarette, nobody is stopping you".

Sunday morning I woke up knowing I was a nonsmoker, knowing I would never go back. I'd chosen a Saturday to quit, to have a Sunday buffer between quit day and the grim Monday back at work without cigarette breaks, but I felt fine, happy, secure. I vaped at my desk. Nobody cared, except to be happy for me.

From then until now, I have not craved a cigarette. Someone may walk past me with a lit one, and the smell is nostalgic, but not tempting. The strange thing is that lately I have had a couple of dreams in which I am still a smoker, one where I was looking for my cigarettes, the other where I was upset because I'd forgotten to buy them, but those dreams were just subconscious look-backs, not cravings or regrets.

Celebrating 9 years of not having bronchitis every winter, of living in a place that doesn't smell like an ashtray, still with an appreciation of vaping as a miraculous innovation by that brilliant Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik.

I hope good will win over evil, and vaping will not be taken from us by authoritarian government overreach, politicians on soapboxes, hysterical nannies, big tobacco, and pharma which has all the quit methods that don't work. I hope vaping will remain available to deliver more people who are suffering in the grip of demon tobacco, but realistically I know that horrible things are done to people all the time by their governments. Pray for the dead, work like hell for the living, is how the old saying goes.
9 years! :cool:👍 Congrats on your quit!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yay, so happy for you! Congrats!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Congrats on your 9 year Vaperversary- Awesome
<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

:hearts:

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Congrats

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Just realised. The start of this month was me and the misses 5 yrs ago!
Tried a vape thought "yep goodbye cigs".
Start of December 5 yrs ago.
Next day in the bush detecting was blowing clouds, never looked back. :D 👍
Congrats to you and your missus on your 5 year Vaperversary!
So wonderful that you both quit cigs together and began vaping together.

<3 <3<3<3<3

:hearts::hearts:

VU Sponsors