Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Big congrats, @SnapDragon NY !!!
Very nice! Congratulations
emoji122.png
A huge congrats @SnapDragon NY
To all my friends- Many thanks for the congrats , I truly appreciate it!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need to get a new user name, "Oblivia", because even as I was here yesterday congratulating Snap on her anniversary, I'd plum forgotten my own 10th! At my age a birthday is not a special occasion. When someone calls to wish me a happy birthday I want to say "shut up". But my vapeaversary is a cause for celebration of another year of freedom, another year of health, another year without bronchitis all winter, another year without the coughing fit that once made a client ask if he should call me an ambulance. Another time I was coughing so hard I just gave up and hung up on a client. Right before I did I could hear him saying "my god".

So in October 2012 when my friends came down from Dallas to see me, a couple who were coming up to their first anniversary of quitting cigarettes together by vaping, I was ready to try it, but unsure it would work. They wanted to buy me a starter kit, but I said no. I was afraid I would fail, and didn't want them to waste money on me. I bought their exact same equipment and liquid myself and got started. I loved it! But I kept smoking too, until I was sure I enjoyed vaping so much more than smoking, and that I couldn't sustain the expense of dual use much longer.

My last cigarette was the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012. I chose the long holiday weekend so as not to quit cigarettes during the stressful work week. That Saturday was a long, hard day. After a cigarette with morning coffee, my last cigarette forever, I vaped continuously the rest of the day, with the angel on one shoulder saying "keep going you're doing great", the devil on the other shoulder saying "you can have a cigarette, nobody is making you do this" (I wanted one!). The angel won, and I won. When I went to bed that night I knew I was a nonsmoker forever. I had no cigarette cravings the next morning, nor ever again.

I wish everybody my joy. Vaping still seems new and miraculous sometimes, even if I was able to stumble obliviously past the 10th anniversary of the miracle of quitting cigarettes. If nanny government takes away this healing miracle, this technology that has saved so many lives and can save more still, it will be the worst travesty in the history of psychopathic nannies.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I need to get a new user name, "Oblivia", because even as I was here yesterday congratulating Snap on her anniversary, I'd plum forgotten my own 10th! At my age a birthday is not a special occasion. When someone calls to wish me a happy birthday I want to say "shut up". But my vapeaversary is a cause for celebration of another year of freedom, another year of health, another year without bronchitis all winter, another year without the coughing fit that once made a client ask if he should call me an ambulance. Another time I was coughing so hard I just gave up and hung up on a client. Right before I did I could hear him saying "my god".

So in October 2012 when my friends came down from Dallas to see me, a couple who were coming up to their first anniversary of quitting cigarettes together by vaping, I was ready to try it, but unsure it would work. They wanted to buy me a starter kit, but I said no. I was afraid I would fail, and didn't want them to waste money on me. I bought their exact same equipment and liquid myself and got started. I loved it! But I kept smoking too, until I was sure I enjoyed vaping so much more than smoking, and that I couldn't sustain the expense of dual use much longer.

My last cigarette was the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012. I chose the long holiday weekend so as not to quit cigarettes during the stressful work week. That Saturday was a long, hard day. After a cigarette with morning coffee, my last cigarette forever, I vaped continuously the rest of the day, with the angel on one shoulder saying "keep going you're doing great", the devil on the other shoulder saying "you can have a cigarette, nobody is making you do this" (I wanted one!). The angel won, and I won. When I went to bed that night I knew I was a nonsmoker forever. I had no cigarette cravings the next morning, nor ever again.

I wish everybody my joy. Vaping still seems new and miraculous sometimes, even if I was able to stumble obliviously past the 10th anniversary of the miracle of quitting cigarettes. If nanny government takes away this healing miracle, this technology that has saved so many lives and can save more still, it will be the worst travesty in the history of psychopathic nannies.
Happy 10th Vaperversary- So Awesome my friend! Lovely story of your quit cigarette smoking by vaping journey!

:hearts:

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today is my 9th vapeversary! 9 years ago I got a Halo Triton kit in the mail and the rest is history. I will admit to some slip ups when I was in Singapore for 7 weeks with no home time, but I ain't counting them. When I got home I had an authentic Provari waiting for me and then in June of 2014 I got my first REO Grand and became a squonkaholic.

Big thanks for lots of support from my wife and friends on ECF and then here. I moved over here when I started DIY because all the cool recipes were here.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is my 9th vapeversary! 9 years ago I got a Halo Triton kit in the mail and the rest is history. I will admit to some slip ups when I was in Singapore for 7 weeks with no home time, but I ain't counting them. When I got home I had an authentic Provari waiting for me and then in June of 2014 I got my first REO Grand and became a squonkaholic.

Big thanks for lots of support from my wife and friends on ECF and then here. I moved over here when I started DIY because all the cool recipes were here.

Happy 9th @gopher_byrd !!!! May the fun and enjoyment, success, health, love and friends, go on and on and on and on...
:cheers::stars::stars2::hearts:

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Congrats!

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Congrats!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
At my age a birthday is not a special occasion. When someone calls to wish me a happy birthday I want to say "shut up".
I turned 67 this year, I look at Birthdays as an accomplishment... Yay, I made it another year!
I'm keeping score.

Congratulations on 10 years! That's a great accomplishment.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I can't remember the exact day but mine is April 2013 almost 10 years I guess, wish it was the whole time I spent burnin up my lungs with the stinkies
JIMMI!!!! YOU ARE IN TROUBLE! your ozzie god child is in danger of ending up on a bbq! i may rename him...ron jeremy! i swear he is a male nympo, it would not surprise me if he tried the donkeys next!
on of the lady goats runs away if he heads her way and she stands there scraping up the grass with her foot!
he has been in two fights that i know of as all my areas are under camera, and i looked around the screens in my study and saw him butting fred twice, he is feral big time, i think twice about going near him! when i put feed down he has to be the first there, i noticed that they pair up when they see him! grrrr.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't remember the exact day but mine is April 2013 almost 10 years I guess, wish it was the whole time I spent burnin up my lungs with the stinkies

Jimi that's great. When your 'versary comes around in April, I hope you'll come back here and tell details of your cig quit journey, how it happened, how long it took to transition completely from smoking to vaping. I sometimes wish we heard more about that in all of these celebration posts in this thread. I remember when I was a newbie vaper, I looked for those stories.

Anyway, coming up to your ten years, good on ya.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's been quite a while. March 8th was my(my fiance's too) 10 year Vaperversary. We had quit for two years but fiance's dad passed away last year and we were live in caretakers for him. Having not really been out in the adult world by ourselves, truly relying on only ourselves, has been a learning curve far too late in our lives. But really there was no other choice. He had to be by his dad's side and I chose to be by their sides.

So here we are 14 years later, us still nicotine reliant but still choosing to not smoke. I broke down and got another mod... a Smok RPM85 (the thing hits like my old GeekVape Aegis lol). It just came in the mail on Tuesday. So here I am, plunging back into vaping again. It's like I never quit. I can still chuck clouds and blow vape rings. AND I can still get a lot of my favorite flavors, like SadBoy Happy End (Cotton Candy).

Anyway, I'm glad VU is still around for all of us.

VU Sponsors