Become a Patron!

Coils ... and how to use them best

:huh:

Hey y’all I’m new to the community but was searching info on coils as I’m confused as how to use them best and I’ve seen some threads which contradict what I’m told in store .

So when I’ve bought coils they can last from 2 days to 2 weeks . I get that sugary liquids will burn coils quicker but I’ve recently been told that I’m under powering them at 20 or so watts.

On my coils it says best at 30-50 but I’ve been reluctant in powering so high as to burn them so quick .

What’s your best in practice ?? I currently have an ALIEN SMOK with cleito coils and baby beast q2 coils for my aspire mod .

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can share :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can underpower the coils to a point but might not vaporize all the juice and start to flood the coil. I usually start just lower than the recommended wattage and work my way up till it's a good vape. Flavor,clouds. Usually half way or so

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You can wiggle the power in any direction that works for you. Running them under the manufacturers recommendations isn't an issue unless you are having issues that may be related to doing so.

The flavor and composition of the e-liquid in use is going to play into it a lot as well.

All the components from the mod, atomizer, batteries, coils and juice play a role in the final outcome.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's always a good practice to run them lower than what's printed on the side. Running them hot will burn them out faster. I just got a new tank. The coil says "Best 65W-75W". I'm vaping it at 45W. I get plenty of flavor, and vapor at this setting.

Coils last longer when vaping liquid without sweetener. I DIY these days almost exclusively. My coils last way longer now than when I used commercial e liquid.

I try to not change flavors that often with a coil. I have several tanks dedicated to certain flavors/recipes. Switching flavors all the time can ruin the flavor experience I've found. I have a couple of tanks for trying new things. The coils get messed up quicker with those ones.

Chain vaping can ruin coils quicker. If the wicking material gets burned, it can taste shitty. Chain vaping at lower wattages can be ok. But you don't want to do it to coils that can't keep up.

If you use a tank, don't run it empty. Keep liquid in it to avoid dry burning your coil. I have ruined a bunch of coils by taking a big dry hit. It irritates the heck out of my throat and damages the coil/wicking material.

I always prime my coils the same way. I start low like 25W. I take around five to ten drags at that setting. Not consecutive, it's important to let the coil wick with liquid. Then I go up 5W to 30W, and take about five to ten drags at that setting. You get the picture. I slowly work my way up to where I get a satisfactory vape.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah you have to power them at the recommended wattage or below..... Don't over power or underpower since it works in a negative response in both ways... By either burning the cotton above recommended or by plastering the sugar on the coils if too low power. When the sugar builds it burns the coil faster..... It's not destroying the cotton but giving it a burnt flavor.......

The best coils I have tested are for The Freemax Fireluke......

The second ones are for Vapeston Cloudblaster.......

The best mesh so far are the m2 and m3 coils for the Falcon mesh resin. You can go below the recommended, just try until the tank floods or acts funny.... I think 10-15 watts below recommended it's a good starting point....

4104c179e8d1d69febbc6d246efbac8e.jpg
d75aed70a1b39566afb7e1d4e4a85344.jpg
0695419a748d06b08fb1db624c3a2943.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The best mesh so far are the m2 and m3 coils for the Falcon mesh resin.
HorizonTech_Falcon_M-Triple_Mesh_Coils_Heads_3pcs_vapedna.com.au-1__93136.1533025799.png

Those look interesting. I finally got a chance to try something similar. I really like the Baby V2 tripple mesh coils. The insides look wierd to me.
Smok-Prince-Triple-Mesh-Coil__30601.1534956470.500.500.jpg

I've wanted a Falcon since they first came out. I might have to get one to try.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HorizonTech_Falcon_M-Triple_Mesh_Coils_Heads_3pcs_vapedna.com.au-1__93136.1533025799.png

Those look interesting. I finally got a chance to try something similar. I really like the Baby V2 tripple mesh coils. The insides look wierd to me.
Smok-Prince-Triple-Mesh-Coil__30601.1534956470.500.500.jpg

I've wanted a Falcon since they first came out. I might have to get one to try.
I'll be trying mine soon.... :)
92cbe61f5eea7339c7f5a4264ec78b4c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

czombie

Member For 1 Year
I look at the recommended Watts just as a reference point, BUT in the end I vape at a setting that suits my palate given a number of factors. (coil age, juice complexity, palate sensitivity, etc)

Thanks for all the advice so far. I have noticed I have started to flood the coils so will be starting low and working way up.

I am also guilty of vaping to empty lol so that’s another thing I will defo try

VU Sponsors