nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Uh huh, I know. Terrible with us like that. While back I had to explain the difference between a drunk Scot and drunk Irish to her.

"A drunk Scot can go bowl nearly 300 average if drunk. A drunk Irish, is just drunk."

Got reminded how they tossed the Scots off ""their island". *chuckles*

No Irishman ever tossed a Scotsman off an island that the Scot wasn't ready to leave. :blah:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No Irishman ever tossed a Scotsman off an island that the Scot wasn't ready to leave. :blah:

Aye. :D

Buggers at the Wally World clinic were backed up to even 7 PM last night. I was fortunate they squeezed me in to get the testosterone shot. Going to go Thurs. morning over to the hospital clinic instead.

She ordered me another pair of shoes. Damn shame good working boot style shoes require selling a first born. Rarely do I want to go buy shoes. Of course, when you need reckon it doesn't matter a cost. Needed tires on the Jeep a bit ago, *smh* $500 for the set.

Two steps forward, six back it seems. I know "welcome to life and living it". Spoke to talk therapist yesterday. She told me that she's lost count of how many have told her like I, "there's no fun, joy in life anymore." Even she has noticed it & it's not merely Corona "burn out" because we've been feeling it well before then.

She said there's really no viable means to help the situation. It isn't anything that any medicine can do to treat it. She suggested I take up drinking. *chuckles* No she didn't. Still it's that, or go off looking for some nonexistent "it" what will be the panacea.

Oh well trudging on. Frustrated & tired of that being all there is yet what else, ...?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
84e3766f5c70dcd88560f6e6a98ad57d.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spent the day working on the half bath connected to the master bedroom, and painting the window trim outside of the new window. Instead of putting in a wall with a door (the bathroom was left basically open) I used a 4 panel room divider, used 2 panels connected to each wall, and hardware to make it work. Will follow up with a picture or two when I get it done.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, people are getting sick everywhere I turn now. My boss and his wife; one, possibly two of my coworkers and their spouses; my eldest daughter and her three youngest children. This must be Omicron; whatever it is has taken off like a forest fire. I know that I've read comments from several members here in the last week saying they had turned up positive also. Vaccines seem to take the really bad edge off, but if you haven't had a booster, you might be SOL. All the people I mentioned in my "real life" have been vaccinated with the first two shots, but haven't had the boosters yet. At least, hopefully, they won't get sick like people were in the early days of Covid.

If you're eligible, please please please, get the booster.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I hope you all are doing well. Jessie and I are good, staying home as much as possible. I'm making coils, catching up on a few TV shows, lots of reading and laptop time. Staying in touch with family in Seattle, they are hemmed in by flooding. I know, it's pretty boring, but I guess it's what I need right now. Besides, it's cold out there!

Stay safe and healthy :hug:
:inlove:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First an update for @nadalama, doc said he agreed with me. Combination of bad shoes, graveled walkway up and down our hill here led to either stone, or shoe busing the toes. Had a set of x-rays "just in case". They come back with no fractures seen. Got told "R.I.C.E", Rest Ice Compression Elevation. "Baby your toes, Ben" "Argh."

Second, got referred to a certified psychologist, not psychoanalyst. Me and him had an intake session. Asked if he thought he had any insight to help. Told me to show up for a second session & he might. Had the second session.

He paused me a moment telling me I could better analyze him than him me. He's been doing it over forty five years. He explained I have a gravely objective view of everything. He thinks I'm sane in an insane world, which I have already deduced. He told me this with sincerity, he wasn't being snarky or "putting me in my place as an uppity patient".

He agreed further that no pills would help. Stay with the sleep aid/mild anti-depressant the GP has me on. If it keeps working so much the better, stops, quit taking it. The psychologist knows I know there's no magic "fix" and likely little if anything to help some issues in my case.

In summary, "son, you're s.o.l, you're for sure broke. We for sure cannot fix you. Sorry, pull up your pants buttercup you got a bumpy ride." Me *shrugs* "Story of my life. Just thought everyone saying "it's okay to ask for help, there's help just ask" that I would."

Oh well, lumping on. Argh.

Survivor

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello, everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve checked in.

I’m working at Whole Foods Market now. Vaxxed and boosted and it’s still a super scary place to be. We get texts when a team member tests positive…..I get at least one text a day. For weeks. And we have to be masked. The customers don’t, though. I’d say 70% are, 20% don’t wear them right and 10% don’t at all. Ugh.

Other than that, things are good. Painting a lot. Chilling out with my man. And SFTing the new Capella flavors! Got ‘em all mixed up and ready for a steep.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello, everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve checked in.

I’m working at Whole Foods Market now. Vaxxed and boosted and it’s still a super scary place to be. We get texts when a team member tests positive…..I get at least one text a day. For weeks. And we have to be masked. The customers don’t, though. I’d say 70% are, 20% don’t wear them right and 10% don’t at all. Ugh.

Other than that, things are good. Painting a lot. Chilling out with my man. And SFTing the new Capella flavors! Got ‘em all mixed up and ready for a steep.

I've noticed a lot lately, even in watching news on TV, that people have started to wear their masks BELOW their noses! Now, what damn good is it to do that? You might as well not bother. If you sneeze, droplets are going to come flying out your nose as well as your mouth, and if someone else near you sneezes, well, I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

I feel for you, @wildgypsy70, and count myself lucky that I can just stay here in my living room for the most part. My oldest daughter is still sick - I tried to have a phone conversation with her yesterday and every time she started to talk, she'd start coughing her head off. I told her, just call me back when you get to a place where talking isn't putting you in misery. I'll check on her via FB Messenger in the meantime.

Meanwhile, youngest daughter is staying in her home like I'm staying in mine, and she is pregnant OUT TO HERE. She's very short, so is carrying her baby all out in front of her, and her poor back, omg she must be so uncomfortable. She still has another month-plus to go, and I'm not sure she will make it that long. Her docs tell her the baby already weighs about 6 pounds, so I doubt there would be much complication if she (the baby) is born a bit early, as long as her lungs are developed.

Our governor declared a state of emergency here in Virginia the other day, because of the rapid uptick in new Covid cases. I'm not sure what difference that makes, but seems like I did hear that it would free up some hospital beds for Covid patients, if more beds are needed. Also not sure how a declaration by the governor would actually accomplish that. I guess that's why he makes the big bucks.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hellfire venom x squonk
Element mods stumpy RDA

1117c313fe516cb0a3c9d225f549bc2a.jpg
*shakes head*

Stumpy this, stumpy that, stumpy stumpy ... *sighs* Eventually, I may try one or at least a clone. Keep seeing a lot of good about them. Usually if there's smoke, ...

ETA: Looking at a clone, seems similar to a FLVR rda although the Stumpy uses a different post structure. Do & don't like the FLVR clone I got. Preference wise it just seems to produce a hotter vapor for me. *shrugs*

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
*shakes head*

Stumpy this, stumpy that, stumpy stumpy ... *sighs* Eventually, I may try one or at least a clone. Keep seeing a lot of good about them. Usually if there's smoke, ...

Skyfall RDA is a very similar vape to a stumpy. 3 holes open and I probably couldn't tell them apart in a blind test

Sorry BTW. I read daily check (in) as daily (hand) check

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Skyfall RDA is a very similar vape to a stumpy. 3 holes open and I probably couldn't tell them apart in a blind test

Sorry BTW. I read daily check (in) as daily (hand) check

Like smaller chambered decks myself but yes, to me there's too small.

Got my "bid/strike" in this morning for that custodial position. Will not know anything until after the 20th here. The "board" has to have a meeting first and the 20th will be that meeting day. There, back to non-vaping stuff. :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really struggling lately

I don't know when it started. But 245 (?) days of lockdown and only 1 hour out of home a day contributed

My primary diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder. But this is different

Our mental health care system is fuckeder than fucked

I think that current referral will stick. To a public outpatients service. Private clinics suggested to GP that public is better for me. Getting more frequent appointments, and ongoing care

Not light bedtime reading. May disturb some

Attachments

• diary.pdf
    77.5 KB · Views: 6
  • I will preface by saying that I don’t know what constitutes trauma.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 4

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm really struggling lately

I don't know when it started. But 245 (?) days of lockdown and only 1 hour out of home a day contributed

My primary diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder. But this is different

Our mental health care system is fuckeder than fucked

I think that current referral will stick. To a public outpatients service. Private clinics suggested to GP that public is better for me. Getting more frequent appointments, and ongoing care

Not light bedtime reading. May disturb some

First of all I would feel compelled to offer you a gentle hug of friendship and step back giving you all the space you felt needed. Secondly, might suggest a little advice I found useful.

Let your thoughts just wash over you like the tides at the beaches. While you got that imagery in mind, sit on the beach. While sitting there ask yourself internally "what is my next thought going to be?"

Sit, watch the tides of thoughts come, keep asking. Gradually your thoughts might stop. They can't get over the barrier of you challenging them by asking what's next.

I do this sometimes when I get memories returning, feeling the thudding of a step-dad telling me I would never amount to shit. Yes, you start believing, it starts becoming a kick in the balls. And yes people will inadvertently say or do things what "trigger" that back to the fore.

Had to leave when I was 20 because if I had stayed felt like I would have killed him. And I would not have remembered doing it no matter how "sloppy" I got doing it. Yes, had quite an imaginative means outlined too. Okay, back to present and out of that gutter. That's not me, or at least the me I choose being.

And ultimately, as a friend, got to tell you. The past does not define us. What defines us is how we respond and choose to keep living in this eternal now. I respect and appreciate what you shared. Not belittling it at all. It is potent stuff you've lived through.

And no, not belittling here either. Welcome. Lots of us have lived through our own Hell on Earth. It's past and past never does last, futures never manifest your best guess, presents we all need to hold fast.

Used to go more than 48/72 hours a week without sleep. From what I understand that "legally &/ clinically" certifies one to the "Loony" club. *chuckles* Then, so did three sheets of something in a warm bath.

It was there I "crashed". Didn't find anything "out there". Did find though a sense of love. Realized I knew love despite all the Hell. Knew love felt good. Knew it was given without condition, well just one, "don't be stupid" as in don't end yourself or go ending others for jollies.

Now, here's a secret about psychology. It is utter hooey. You probably figured that much out already. There's no empirical science to it. All any of them are doing is taking "best guesses".

Remember when you get done at the beach, leave the sand outside. My bamboo floors don't need to bristle up in here and become splinters for feet. Besides my dojo mats don't need to be glass.

"Oh wow! You got a dojo man?"

"Fook ja I do, in my mind. Got bamboo floors too over in the house part of the barn. Make your mind what you want, change it, have fun." :)

No, not a "doc" myself and you know that or should. I'm just a mate what has walked some similar paths. No, not the exact same ones. Here to listen, to help if I can. Best case you tell me to STFU, I will. Worst case we might actually find a better path for ourselves.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The weather guessers say we got a cold front coming in, so no working on the smoker for a while. However, I made productive use out of the 2 good days we were blessed with. Unfortunately, I have to scrap the door I made for the fire box and try again, but I did put on the chimney, meat rack, underside rack, and drip spout located on the underside of the big barrel.

20220114_171021.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, people are getting sick everywhere I turn now. My boss and his wife; one, possibly two of my coworkers and their spouses; my eldest daughter and her three youngest children. This must be Omicron; whatever it is has taken off like a forest fire.

Wife had their Christmas gift trade at her work yesterday. She told me so many had been out and from her last understanding there was 4 booster you needed to get.

Omicron huh? Well, somebody call in Optimus Prime. He'll kick the spark out of it. If you can't trust the Autobots we're in a bad way. Reckon we could call in the Joes. Bet Snake Eyes and crew could do a sneak and creep to open a path for Flint.

Sorry, even after facing off with Delta and Strep, got no desire to vaccinate or booster. Know the science of how it works. Not that I'm doubting. What I'm doubting is even with advances in tech, medicine, one Mr. Orange Emperor snaps fingers and Tada! "Here's an instant curing vaccine, lap it up. Remember me at the polls."

Too quick, too coincidental, too political ... nope, not for me. That's one can I won't carry. done been burned by too many pies in the sky, found too many cakes being lies.

And apologies I didn't respond to your post earlier. Not meaning to deter anyone vaccinating if they choose. Point being though I think we all should be allowed that along with a choice to vote, be political, religious or not. Well, I'll shush. Said all I need/want to say.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The weather guessers say we got a cold front coming in, so no working on the smoker for a while. However, I made productive use out of the 2 good days we were blessed with. Unfortunately, I have to scrap the door I made for the fire box and try again, but I did put on the chimney, meat rack, underside rack, and drip spout located on the underside of the big barrel.

View attachment 189736

Apologies if addressed before but, water heater tank or propane tank? Looking decent in any case.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wife had their Christmas gift trade at her work yesterday. She told me so many had been out and from her last understanding there was 4 booster you needed to get.

Omicron huh? Well, somebody call in Optimus Prime. He'll kick the spark out of it. If you can't trust the Autobots we're in a bad way. Reckon we could call in the Joes. Bet Snake Eyes and crew could do a sneak and creep to open a path for Flint.

Sorry, even after facing off with Delta and Strep, got no desire to vaccinate or booster. Know the science of how it works. Not that I'm doubting. What I'm doubting is even with advances in tech, medicine, one Mr. Orange Emperor snaps fingers and Tada! "Here's an instant curing vaccine, lap it up. Remember me at the polls."

Too quick, too coincidental, too political ... nope, not for me. That's one can I won't carry. done been burned by too many pies in the sky, found too many cakes being lies.

And apologies I didn't respond to your post earlier. Not meaning to deter anyone vaccinating if they choose. Point being though I think we all should be allowed that along with a choice to vote, be political, religious or not. Well, I'll shush. Said all I need/want to say.

All I will say is that, it's been almost two years, and I have not gotten sick. My immune system is crap and I feel certain if I'd been unvaccinated and out in the world, I'd have been in the hospital by now, and possibly not around any more. But my concern isn't just for me - it's for babies and children too young to be vaccinated. How would I feel if I refused to keep up with vaccinations and I exposed my daughter's newborn baby-to-be, who then got sick and DIED? She (my daughter) hasn't been vaccinated, so the baby will have NO antibodies when she's born.

This isn't political for me; it's a matter of social/familial/environmental responsibility. And yes, I realize that that's my interpretation. It's also my decision to take the risk because I'd rather take it for myself than to assume the right to take that risk for someone else. I don't think that is my right at all.

And yes, the 4th shot has been approved for 65-and-older and/or immunocompromised, 5 months after shot #3.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I will say is that, it's been almost two years, and I have not gotten sick. My immune system is crap and I feel certain if I'd been unvaccinated and out in the world, I'd have been in the hospital by now, and possibly not around any more. But my concern isn't just for me - it's for babies and children too young to be vaccinated. How would I feel if I refused to keep up with vaccinations and I exposed my daughter's newborn baby-to-be, who then got sick and DIED? She (my daughter) hasn't been vaccinated, so the baby will have NO antibodies when she's born.

This isn't political for me; it's a matter of social/familial/environmental responsibility. And yes, I realize that that's my interpretation. It's also my decision to take the risk because I'd rather take it for myself than to assume the right to take that risk for someone else. I don't think that is my right at all.

And yes, the 4th shot has been approved for 65-and-older and/or immunocompromised, 5 months after shot #3.
My husband and I got the first 2 jabs so we could reduce the risk of bringing the virus home and getting my mother sick. She got her first jab just a month before passing away. I'm positive the jab had nothing to do with her death. She had other health issues.

I was reluctant, due to a flu shot that put me sick in bed for two weeks. I haven't got a flu shot since, and won't get another one. As a matter of fact, that was the last time I had gotten sick.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

And I respect, understand that perspective of it. Will digress because all I desired said was. Again not deterring anyone, nor debating really. I expressed my view. Others can/do as well. People expressing different views, that's all. That's civil discourse.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And I respect, understand that perspective of it. Will digress because all I desired said was. Again not deterring anyone, nor debating really. I expressed my view. Others can/do as well. People expressing different views, that's all. That's civil discourse.

Agreed. Same here.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We had about 4 to 5 inches of snow out here about 2 hours ago. It was still lightly snowing, light but steady. Today is an odd day for me.
  1. It's Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday.
  2. Cut my finger in a chicken wing cutting machine.
  3. Saw Papaw John in the hospital same day, he had a stroke.
It had been snowing and cold in VA the night I went into the poultry plant. By the next morning at around 4 AM the parking lots there were sheets of ice. This was all the more important given the employee parking lots were gravel lots.

I was brought out of the poultry plant. My mom was waiting and hoping I wasn't the one that needed the ambulance. It was no surprise to her though I had to be loaded into the back. I rode with an elderly squad member, checked my own vitals, knew I was feeling shock. The lady just smiled, "my aren't you the ideal patient."

The doctor cleaned out the finger, stitched it up. I then went down the hall a short way. Paw Paw had been brought in. Stepped in and saw him. Strokes break hard men. There's no other way to say that, or know it. You see it in the eyes. Pawpaw was begging to be killed.

So yes, an interesting day it is for me to recall.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My husband and I got the first 2 jabs so we could reduce the risk of bringing the virus home and getting my mother sick. She got her first jab just a month before passing away. I'm positive the jab had nothing to do with her death. She had other health issues.

I was reluctant, due to a flu shot that put me sick in bed for two weeks. I haven't got a flu shot since, and won't get another one. As a matter of fact, that was the last time I had gotten sick.

My husband had Guillen-Barre syndrome about 40 years ago, and he is not supposed to take flu shots, so he hasn't had one in all that time. Don't believe he's had the flu, either. I didn't get flu shots for a long time myself, until I started getting so damn old and getting sick every time the wind changed direction. For the last two years I've had the FLU-SHOT-FROM-HELL, which is what you get if you're over 65. Seems like I read somewhere that there's about 4x as much medicine in those shots as there is in the ones you get when you're under 65. Hurt like a bitch both years, left me with a sore arm for weeks, and some slight fever and headache beginning about 3 days after the shot and lasting for about 5 days or so. The over-65 shots are wicked, but I haven't had the flu, nor have the shots made me so sick that I couldn't work. Seems like I did have to medicate myself once for the headache and lie down for a half-hour or so, but nothing drastic.

We learned about risk to the elderly when my mother was still around and was getting old and frail. She had pneumonia as a child, and in her later years became very susceptible to respiratory infections. One Christmas we all got together at my eldest daughter's house, and they all had bad colds - they were on the mend, but apparently not far enough, because Mama got the cold, which then turned into bronchitis, and it took weeks and weeks, several visits to the doc, and a couple rounds of antibiotics, before she recovered...just from exposure to a common cold virus. After that, if anyone was under the weather, we postponed our get-togethers. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make our elders very sick.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
O...M....G..................IMG_20220117_074637574.jpg

My poor fur babies. I feel so awful for them. I don't know how people live in this crap!
IMG_20220117_074502088.jpg

IMG_20220117_074352565.jpg

My Son in Law is trying to make a path for the dogs.
IMG_20220117_082202717.jpg

IMG_20220117_082200445.jpg

IMG_20220117_082538841.jpg

IMG_20220117_082758046.jpg

Did this just to keep my feet dry. The boots I have are nice and warm but fur lined, ya, not a good thing.
IMG_20220117_095009287.jpg

I know there are many in just as bad a shape if not worse, but I am SO not used to this. I tried to shovel snow away for the dogs and I got about 3 shovels tossed and my back leg started screaming at me. I can't do this crap like I used to I guess.

Poor Lilah is exhausted from trying to walk through this crap. Major of course thinks it's great fun and his running back and forth helped to tamp it down a bit and we were able to clear enough away so she could go potty. at least

IMG_20220117_130144323.jpg

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My husband had Guillen-Barre syndrome about 40 years ago, and he is not supposed to take flu shots, so he hasn't had one in all that time. Don't believe he's had the flu, either. I didn't get flu shots for a long time myself, until I started getting so damn old and getting sick every time the wind changed direction. For the last two years I've had the FLU-SHOT-FROM-HELL, which is what you get if you're over 65. Seems like I read somewhere that there's about 4x as much medicine in those shots as there is in the ones you get when you're under 65. Hurt like a bitch both years, left me with a sore arm for weeks, and some slight fever and headache beginning about 3 days after the shot and lasting for about 5 days or so. The over-65 shots are wicked, but I haven't had the flu, nor have the shots made me so sick that I couldn't work. Seems like I did have to medicate myself once for the headache and lie down for a half-hour or so, but nothing drastic.

We learned about risk to the elderly when my mother was still around and was getting old and frail. She had pneumonia as a child, and in her later years became very susceptible to respiratory infections. One Christmas we all got together at my eldest daughter's house, and they all had bad colds - they were on the mend, but apparently not far enough, because Mama got the cold, which then turned into bronchitis, and it took weeks and weeks, several visits to the doc, and a couple rounds of antibiotics, before she recovered...just from exposure to a common cold virus. After that, if anyone was under the weather, we postponed our get-togethers. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make our elders very sick.
Since I was just in my late 40s when I got that flu shot, I should not have had such a reaction. Even worse, after just a few days I thought I was going to die, and that lasted for 2 weeks. I was taking all kinds of medicines to fight the symptoms, but none seemed to help.

Then, take notice that the media tells us that the flu shots available are not made to work on the current strain, but rather on the strain before it, so you still run a risk of getting the flu. Add the common cold and the quickly mutating strains of covid to the mix, and big pharma is a happy camper.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
arrggghhh I have to laugh now, really. The car transport guy just called. Said he's in OH and should be here in a few hours with my car. Ummmmm, I told him we are in the middle of a very bad storm. My daughter has a very long narrow driveway and my garage now has about 3 feet of snow in front of it. We did not expect the car till mid week. My sil is out there now again trying to get the driveway cleared. I told him screw the garage as long as the car doesn't have to sit on the road (where they will tow it ) I don't care where in the drive it sits as long as you all can get around it. Fortunately, it's a real small car. But it just figures huh. I feel so bad he's out there again. But, they love me and said this is what family does. We help each other when needed. Man, I am so grateful and blessed.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today, I took it easy. A while back, we got a garden bench at a moving sale for a dollar. Today, I painted it to make it look better. It was originally while, and somebody spray painted it mostly gray. One of the legs was missing a bolt, and I already had the right one for it. The bench is now in the back yard where I can set my arse whenever I feel like it.

20220117_162336.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lilah is amazing

adorable
Thanks :inlove:She IS amazing. She's 12 now and bless her heart she just keeps right on trudging the road to happy destiny right besides me. Someone else that saw the pic said WHY is she on the bed! Ummm, because she deserves to be. End of discussion lol

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today, I took it easy. A while back, we got a garden bench at a moving sale for a dollar. Today, I painted it to make it look better. It was originally while, and somebody spray painted it mostly gray. One of the legs was missing a bolt, and I already had the right one for it. The bench is now in the back yard where I can set my arse whenever I feel like it.

View attachment 189819
Oh that is lovely! Great job

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My daughter made this for me. lol yep, that's about right too! It's a bit big but I don't like wearing tight clothes, not at my age anyway HA! Major decided to photo bomb me too!

coffee.png

I hope everyone is staying warm out there and not all snowed in.

But oooohhh look, Finally!! It's absolutely filthy but I don't care, once the snow melts off a bit I will get it washed. Hooray I can get places now. Not that I know where anything is and I am more of a homebody anyway, but being able to get to the grocery store now is a huge blessing!

IMG_20220117_181313816.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My daughter made this for me. lol yep, that's about right too! It's a bit big but I don't like wearing tight clothes, not at my age anyway HA! Major decided to photo bomb me too!

View attachment 189835

I hope everyone is staying warm out there and not all snowed in.

But oooohhh look, Finally!! It's absolutely filthy but I don't care, once the snow melts off a bit I will get it washed. Hooray I can get places now. Not that I know where anything is and I am more of a homebody anyway, but being able to get to the grocery store now is a huge blessing!

View attachment 189836

Love the shirt! Your car is the same color as mine. Love that color!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
DogMum about to go for booster

Booster is Pfizer, after her first 2 were astrazenica

@DogMan How did Mom do with the booster?

On a different subject, hubbs made me a wonderful breakfast this morning, and I just want to ooh and aah about it a bit. Bacon, fried egg, hash brown, toast, coffee, orange juice. Before he and I both went on a diet, he used to do this frequently, and I've missed it. Nice to have once in a while! I feel like I can slay dragons all day now. lol

Meanwhile, the diet is working. He's lost close to 100 pounds and I've lost 68. I have a way to go yet, but he's almost where he wants to be. Isn't that always the way of it? I think men lose weight quicker because they have more muscle mass than women, so their caloric needs are higher and caloric expenditures as well. We had both gained weight during the first year of Covid, so now we've taken that weight off plus some.

I think he and I will probably have our 4th Covid vaccines in March. I am tentatively thinking of taking a trip to Savannah in March or April, so we'll want to get the booster at least two weeks before we go there. Can't decide whether to drive or take Amtrak - hubbs would rather take the train, but then we'd have to rent a car. I'm rambling now, thinking aloud. Should be working, so I'm going to hush.

Everyone have a safe day!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@DogMan How did Mom do with the booster?

On a different subject, hubbs made me a wonderful breakfast this morning, and I just want to ooh and aah about it a bit. Bacon, fried egg, hash brown, toast, coffee, orange juice. Before he and I both went on a diet, he used to do this frequently, and I've missed it. Nice to have once in a while! I feel like I can slay dragons all day now. lol

Meanwhile, the diet is working. He's lost close to 100 pounds and I've lost 68. I have a way to go yet, but he's almost where he wants to be. Isn't that always the way of it? I think men lose weight quicker because they have more muscle mass than women, so their caloric needs are higher and caloric expenditures as well. We had both gained weight during the first year of Covid, so now we've taken that weight off plus some.

I think he and I will probably have our 4th Covid vaccines in March. I am tentatively thinking of taking a trip to Savannah in March or April, so we'll want to get the booster at least two weeks before we go there. Can't decide whether to drive or take Amtrak - hubbs would rather take the train, but then we'd have to rent a car. I'm rambling now, thinking aloud. Should be working, so I'm going to hush.

Everyone have a safe day!
Outstanding on the weight loss for both of you!!! Good job. I agree, I do think men lose it faster and easier. Sure seems that way at least. But 68lbs is amazing!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@nadalama no allergic reaction, which was the main thing with different booster. She has several allergies

The afternoon and evening were spent with her kindle

She loves her kindle. Small format, large print books for $3. But I think it was all she had gusto for

Yes, you and she are wise to watch for that. The AstraZeneca is more of a "normal" vaccine, whereas the Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA; at least, that is what I have heard. Here's a blurb from our CDC about mRNA:

Messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines teach our cells how to make a protein that will trigger an immune response inside our bodies. Like all vaccines, mRNA vaccines benefit people who get vaccinated by giving them protection against diseases like COVID-19 without risking the potentially serious consequences of getting sick.

My daughter was concerned about having the vaccine since she's had anaphylactic reactions to fruit pollens a few times, but she had no side effects from Moderna.

I hope your Mom continues to do well, and I'm glad to hear that she got an mRNA shot in addition to the AstraZeneca. I really believe Pfizer and Moderna are more effective than the J&J or AZ.

VU Sponsors