Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just been watching about the Tornado's there in the US. Wow it's like war zones! :(
Here is hoping everyone here is safe and well.
Yeah, it’s a bad deal for everyone involved in those storms.
I rode out a tornado years ago. I usually don’t scare easily but that was the most terrifying thing I’ve ever been through. And that was during the day. I can’t imagine not being able to see what’s coming at night like them people went through.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have personally seen the devastation done by tornadoes, and have been through a few. They are scary.

My hubby is still trying to find out if some folks he knows in Kentucky are OK, since the big tornado went through there, with the path of over 200 miles.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

The sun is out, makes me feel good. Jessie and I are doing ok, being lazy. I've been clearing some stuff out that I have no use for. Yes, of course Jessie is helping! I'm using boxes, lol. I have boxes for donation, some for selling. And some to ship to the kids. I am taking my time as there is no hurry. It does feel good to be accomplishing something, though.

The kids and I have decided to just buy each other a gag gift, just a funny, for Christmas. We can all use a laugh, right? None of us like the stress and commercialization, so we're opting out this year! We will be driving around to see all of the lights and decorations, always so pretty.

Stay safe and healthy

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have personally seen the devastation done by tornadoes, and have been through a few. They are scary.

My hubby is still trying to find out if some folks he knows in Kentucky are OK, since the big tornado went through there, with the path of over 200 miles.
They are fine. They were without power or cell service for a few days, which is why we couldn't contact them.

Today, hubby had to go get a heart monitor for a week, to see what's going on with his ticker. The wind was crazy. When we got back, I collected at least $30 worth of pecans off the ground.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
They are fine. They were without power or cell service for a few days, which is why we couldn't contact them.

Today, hubby had to go get a heart monitor for a week, to see what's going on with his ticker. The wind was crazy. When we got back, I collected at least $30 worth of pecans off the ground.
Here is hoping the best for him with the monitor. 👍 👍

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The kids and I have decided to just buy each other a gag gift, just a funny, for Christmas. We can all use a laugh, right?
I like that idea. For my birthday several months ago my misses got me a couple of babies dummys.
🤔 I get a feeling she was trying to tell me something!
Her's was recent so I got her a motion activated, remote control, fart figurine! 😊 I know, how thoughtful of me right!
Dont forget some pictures of your Xmas gifts to show us. :)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like that idea. For my birthday several months ago my misses got me a couple of babies dummys.
🤔 I get a feeling she was trying to tell me something!
Her's was recent so I got her a motion activated, remote control, fart figurine! 😊 I know, how thoughtful of me right!
Dont forget some pictures of your Xmas gifts to show us. :)
That could produce a new thread (2021 Christmas Gifties). Neat idea!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Little ring tailed possum just walked along my fence

Usually only get the bigger (cat sized) brush taileds here

Cuties

Your possums are a lot cuter than ours. For example:

1639759086993.png

They love cat food and we come upon them all the time on the front deck, chowing down. Hubbs has trapped and transported nine of them in the last few months, but they just keep coming. They hiss when unhappy.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I had a good day yesterday! Kids came over for a while, always fun. Jessie is doing well. She's decided that the middle of the night is the best time to play. Up and down the hall, sliding across the kitchen, jumping and thumping. I need to learn to not hear her, lol. Finally she'll come in and lay across my feet to sleep.

Now I'm off to get some printer ink, then home to start laundry.

Stay safe and healthy :hug: :inlove:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

I had a good day yesterday! Kids came over for a while, always fun. Jessie is doing well. She's decided that the middle of the night is the best time to play. Up and down the hall, sliding across the kitchen, jumping and thumping. I need to learn to not hear her, lol. Finally she'll come in and lay across my feet to sleep.

Now I'm off to get some printer ink, then home to start laundry.

Stay safe and healthy :hug: :inlove:

Your post has motivated me to get up and get started with some things I need to do today, the first of them being laundry! Have also about a half dozen Christmas gifts left to wrap, and may cook a pot of chili a bit later in the day. Need to put the ground beef out to thaw.

FB messaged with my grandson in Texas and granddaughter in Arizona yesterday and this morning. I miss them so much.

Hubbs is going to ship off the last of the gifts to our kids and grandkids in the morning. They are not going to be delivered in time for Christmas, I know, but we can't afford to ship them a quicker way. It's going to cost a hundred bucks or more to ship them Parcel Post.

He took a package heading for the granddaughter in Arizona one day early last week. It had two medium-sized gifts and one small gift in it, and the postage on that one box was over $45. The Postal Service is pissing me off worse and worse all the time. I nearly fainted when he told me how much they charged.

Better get up and at it. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
To all here. Getting trolled by a new recent member.
Im out.
Will keep posting in The Light At The End Of The Tunnel each night as I agreed with the great person who asked me to take over and whom I greatly respect.
But otherwise im done with social media. Had this Troll on a previous vape forum, looks like its followed me. Big man hero.
Ironically I left the last place POTV after posts and jokes about my father who died from cancer. Think about that....
I have enough issues in my life with my misses health issues and other things than to put up with this now here.
So...I will keep my word to keep posting in the Light At The End thread as I promised to help people.
But the Troll is seeing me out of here otherwise. Good on you, you know who you are a hero!
Take care all of you, stay safe, stay well.
Goodbye.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Xmas eve

Preparing stewed apple and rhubarb today, for pie tomorrow

23°C forecast for tomorrow. Nice and mild. I imagine lots here will fire up the BBQ

26349d3bb5602a49a71413275e86b688.jpg
0130274a4bb1738dead2924421ae27f9.jpg
073cbfee55f38eefe22f54c68b3a4457.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beautiful day for the second official day of winter here, with a high of 86°F.

This past spring, hubby got me a better welder for my birthday. Couldn't do anything with it at the time, since I was caring for my mother on a constant basis. Since I had the time now, I made a cart for it with some metal I had out back. Of course I painted it to make it look decent and prevent rust.

20211223_144550.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Beautiful day for the second official day of winter here, with a high of 86°F.

This past spring, hubby got me a better welder for my birthday. Couldn't do anything with it at the time, since I was caring for my mother on a constant basis. Since I had the time now, I made a cart for it with some metal I had out back. Of course I painted it to make it look decent and prevent rust.

View attachment 189053
Nice job!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A very Merry Christmas to all my VU friends! May you all have your day filled with love and laughter, peace and serenity. I couldn't be happier right now. Well, I suppose if I didn't have to walk the dogs out in the icky rain, that would be nice, but even with that..............Yep it's a beautiful day

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

It looks like you all had wonderful times with family and friends! And I love the pictures that were shared. We had a quiet but nice day, daughter and her hubby. They brought dinner and gifts. The best gift was a picture on canvas of Hubby doing what he loved - fishing at his favorite lake. We ate too much and enjoyed each other, then decided it was nap time. Yes, Jessie likes her presents, too!

Stay safe and healthy :hug: :treetrim:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nothing special going on here. I mean my daughter is having a party but I don't think I will go over, even though she told me to. I don't do well around people (social anxiety I guess lol ) Just gonna hang out with my animals maybe do a little gaming. Sorry to hear about your shutdown. This crap has got to end.

Maybe we should have a VU countdown thread? For those of us that are at home? I know we are all on different time zones but that's okay I think. :)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have anything good planned for New Year?

Feel like doing something this year, but don't know what, we are on the verge of shutting down, again

:season:
Nothing special going on here. I mean my daughter is having a party but I don't think I will go over, even though she told me to. I don't do well around people (social anxiety I guess lol ) Just gonna hang out with my animals maybe do a little gaming. Sorry to hear about your shutdown. This crap has got to end.

Maybe we should have a VU countdown thread? For those of us that are at home? I know we are all on different time zones but that's okay I think. :)
Something a little over 20 years ago, I was in Times Square for New Years Eve. And that wrapped up my time thinking it was a good night to do something "out" and "exciting". This was before that scene got FULLY out of control...but it was still just too many people, and many of them too drunk.

Anyway - since then, NYE for me is always at home, with great snacks, movies, and immediate family (2 of us, or +daughter or daughter+friend).

(Oh wait - there WAS one year we were in the air. We hit midnight I think three times as we flew across time zones, lol!!)

I did just decide I'm gonna make it a full top-notch DINNER this year, instead of just snacks - I'm gonna go out tomorrow and blow probably $100 on a couple steaks and appropriate side dishes...

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Something a little over 20 years ago, I was in Times Square for New Years Eve. And that wrapped up my time thinking it was a good night to do something "out" and "exciting". This was before that scene got FULLY out of control...but it was still just too many people, and many of them too drunk.

Anyway - since then, NYE for me is always at home, with great snacks, movies, and immediate family (2 of us, or +daughter or daughter+friend).

(Oh wait - there WAS one year we were in the air. We hit midnight I think three times as we flew across time zones, lol!!)

I did just decide I'm gonna make it a full top-notch DINNER this year, instead of just snacks - I'm gonna go out tomorrow and blow probably $100 on a couple steaks and appropriate side dishes...
mmmm steak......well enjoy that. Send pictures!

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This was day number 2 of making my first smoker, just using stuff in out back. I already made a big pile of metal we'll never use. I'll wind up buying wheels and a thermometer for it. Everything else is here already.

View attachment 189325

Hey, do I smell a pig cookin? You are a talented woman, @Lady Sarah ! I hope your hubbs appreciates you.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, do I smell a pig cookin? You are a talented woman, @Lady Sarah ! I hope your hubbs appreciates you.
Why do you think he bought me a better welder than what I had?

Since he had off from work today, we replaced another window, upgrading the bedroom that used to be my mom's. The white/gray paneling going up in there looks nice too. We opted to install the window AC unit under the window instead of in it. Being screwed in place makes it harder to steal, and less of an entry point for potential burglars.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took a trip to Waco to see hubby's mother today. Brought the Yorkie with us. He don't like being left home alone. Hit the flea market while there. Didn't get much.

Now for the cold snap. Supposed to be 2 days of really cold weather. Not fit for doing anything outdoors. At least we got Netflix, since there ain't nuttin but crap on TV anymore these days.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure what's going on here. Couple weeks ago fortunately had wife trim my toenails. Have difficulty doing them myself & yes, know obesity is a big part of the issue.

Point being had her check for ingrown nails, splinters, anything in toes, foot under toes. She found nothing. Now, the two center toes have bad bruising on their tips and underneath.

There's pain enough it makes walking awkward. Been sleeping feet elevated anyway. Recall my Pap died from a clot in his leg, it went roaming free & was listed as C.O.D. by the coroner. Needless to say, don't need such a thought.

Wife is doing well. She's been trying to finish crocheting up a witch's hat for a co-worker. Critters are doing okay too. Maow having to be outdoors has been getting me trying to make him fat for Winter. Tonight he had left over spaghetti & meatballs.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If it were just a few degrees colder here, we'd be having a white-out. It is pouring rain outside, the wind is unbelievable, and we're having thunder and lightning! Last night on the weather forecast, they were predicting 1-3" of snow, but it hasn't gotten quite cold enough. It sounds like a freakin hurricane outside.

@MyMagicMist if you are diabetic, please get your foot checked by a doctor right away, if you can. That bruising could be a sign of something serious.

Hubbs and I had our New Year's dinner last night. Saturday was chaos here and not conducive to cooking. Had sugar-cured ham, green bean casserole, mac & cheese, rolls, and Key Lime pie. Then had two petit fours afterward, from a Swiss Colony treat box the grandchildren sent for Christmas.

I was very sad to hear Chef's news about @Shredtravolta yesterday. So many members have gone missing over the past six months, I hate to think that we may have lost others and just never had a way to know. Please everyone take care in your contacts with the outside world. <3<3<3

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist if you are diabetic, please get your foot checked by a doctor right away, if you can. That bruising could be a sign of something serious.

If diabetic, not been diagnosed with it so far. Planning to at least have a nurse take a gander today. We'll see, just may be worn out shoes.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, it's starting to sleet now. Temp has dropped to 34 degrees. We might have a mess on our hands today. Jeez.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got an appt. with the migraine doc today. Due to "rising covid numbers", they're doing that appt over the phone. That'll save me from a couple hours of driving and about $15 worth of gas. I'm sure he will reduce my dosages, since I haven't had an actual migraine since just a couple weeks after losing my mother.

I don't want to blame her for the headaches. I really don't. I do really wish she had gotten her hearing checked and got hearing aids. There were many times I would call her to see if there was anything she needed while I was out. Instead of hearing her, all I could hear was the TV.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope it is as simple as that. Will keep you in my thoughts today.

Minor snag. 3:00 - 3:30 PM, Wally World clinic was overrun. Christy will take me back after 6 PM though. Her the other day, "did you break your toes and not know?" Me, looking back at her blankly. "Do ya nae hear the stupid o' that? If I nae know I break 'em when I do it, ye 'spect me to know I did it unknown?" *chuckles* Just a wonder I didn't get belted.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Minor snag. 3:00 - 3:30 PM, Wally World clinic was overrun. Christy will take me back after 6 PM though. Her the other day, "did you break your toes and not know?" Me, looking back at her blankly. "Do ya nae hear the stupid o' that? If I nae know I break 'em when I do it, ye 'spect me to know I did it unknown?" *chuckles* Just a wonder I didn't get belted.

That's far too logical. You're lucky a brick didn't take flight. Just sayin...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got an appt. with the migraine doc today. Due to "rising covid numbers", they're doing that appt over the phone. That'll save me from a couple hours of driving and about $15 worth of gas. I'm sure he will reduce my dosages, since I haven't had an actual migraine since just a couple weeks after losing my mother.

I don't want to blame her for the headaches. I really don't. I do really wish she had gotten her hearing checked and got hearing aids. There were many times I would call her to see if there was anything she needed while I was out. Instead of hearing her, all I could hear was the TV.
my mum is deaf

something like 10% hearing in her good ear

she has a BAHA but never clips the battery pack on

she doesn't sign

so, i get it

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's far too logical. You're lucky a brick didn't take flight. Just sayin...

Uh huh, I know. Terrible with us like that. While back I had to explain the difference between a drunk Scot and drunk Irish to her.

"A drunk Scot can go bowl nearly 300 average if drunk. A drunk Irish, is just drunk."

Got reminded how they tossed the Scots off ""their island". *chuckles*

VU Sponsors