Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

All around for everyone. If you got extras pass them to someone you know needs.

Doing relatively okay here. Apologies if checking in is all I'm doing regarding checking in. Seem better helped here if I err to be a little reticent. Thanks for understanding. :)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All is well here, same old. Jessie has decided that she prefers sleeping on top of Hubby. And he doesn't seem to mind it, lol. She just jumps up and flops right in the middle of him, he reaches over and starts petting on her, while he's snoring. I should video, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm hanging in friends. I'm a mess most of the days, but I keep it together when I need to. I worked all weekend, painted an entire house in two days, walls, ceilings and trim in 2 bathrooms, a laundry room, kitchen, dining and living rooms and a bedroom. I think my mom was up there helping me get through that project to meet my deadline.

Today I repaired a ceiling and somewhat matched the texture. Tomorrow I clean it up a little and paint it all.20201207_095244.jpg20201207_095250.jpg20201207_095951.jpg20201207_105108.jpg20201208_094505.jpg
Staying busy is the only thing I can do to keep from being a total disaster. And I know my mom was always proud of the work I do, so I gotta keep doing it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not much going on here, kinda been sucky with my usually blistering fast USPS orders suddenly sticking without a delivery time...and I'm almost out of Milly supplements for her food. Eh, I'm fine...I plan ahead.

Did dishes, took out trash, made Milly a batch of food, now watching the weird Tuesday Night Football between the Cowboys and the Ravens.

My mods are behaving themselves, being in a small group and distancing in their pod.... ?

AfbXeGsl.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That football game was a wash...I didn't even bother making pizza tonight..hehe.

Got some decent top-10 NCAAM bball action though tonight:

Snap1209.jpg

Pretty sure Duke is gonna lose, but meh...it's something to watch. My Zags are still ranked #1. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As well here as can be. Enjoying some morning vaping.

My mods are behaving themselves, being in a small group and distancing in their pod.... ?

My mods are lined up single file. I think they appear to be all set to hop off for a H.A.L.O jump. Although, they all are not wearing any silks. Hm, uh oh. I better get air bags ready. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm hanging in friends. I'm a mess most of the days, but I keep it together when I need to. I worked all weekend, painted an entire house in two days, walls, ceilings and trim in 2 bathrooms, a laundry room, kitchen, dining and living rooms and a bedroom. I think my mom was up there helping me get through that project to meet my deadline.

Today I repaired a ceiling and somewhat matched the texture. Tomorrow I clean it up a little and paint it all.View attachment 174461View attachment 174462View attachment 174463View attachment 174464View attachment 174465
Staying busy is the only thing I can do to keep from being a total disaster. And I know my mom was always proud of the work I do, so I gotta keep doing it.

I want to tell you something that happened to me when my mother died. It may sound crazy, but I want to tell you because I found comfort in it, so much so that I was very nearly instantly at peace with what had happened. I am not a religious person, and that is pertinent here.

I was on my way back from lunch with two of my coworkers when I got a call from the police department in the town where my mother lived. My sister, who lived with her, had gone to run a short errand (1/2 hour or less) and when she got back, she found my mother in her small half bath, basically blocking the door like she had just sat down in the floor, but she was gone already.

My sister called 911 and I won't go into details of all that, it isn't important to the story anyway. But when I got back to work I told my boss that my mother had passed and I needed to go be with my sister. I left work and headed south, called my sister on the phone, who told me that she'd rather be alone right then, so I turned back in the opposite direction to go home.

I got to a stop sign where I was still about 25 miles from home. I had stopped the car and was waiting for a chance to pull out onto the highway, when suddenly I was aware of the presence of several of my mother's family members who had all passed, years before. There may have been as many as eight of them, and I am absolutely convinced that they came to accompany my mother. I sensed her there, too, but she was quiet, whereas the others were like their normal selves and were basically telling me that Mama was going to be ok, that they were there for her, and there was no reason for me to be sad. I do know that my mother had come to a point in her life when she was ready to go, in her words, whenever the Lord saw fit to take her. But aside from all that, this occurrence left me with a solid belief that when I die, the souls of people I love will be there for me, and will help me make the transition to whatever is on the other side.

It may or may not be helpful for you to know this; after all, I realize it was just my own experience. But the reason I am so convinced of the truth of it is that I am normally a fairly skeptical person, agnostic/Buddhist, and this is not something I would think to imagine in my wildest dreams. But as I said, it was so comforting, I hope you can think of your parents as having been met by loved ones, cared for, and guided safely and kindly, almost joyfully, to the place where they are meant to be now.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm sittin' here doing my usual with some tunes tonight.
Good ole Ray sure has come up with some funny stuff over the years, hasn't he?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Today I repaired a ceiling and somewhat matched the texture. Tomorrow I clean it up a little and paint it all.View attachment 174461View attachment 174462View attachment 174463View attachment 174464View attachment 174465
All my kindest wishes and sympathy to you friend. Lost both mine a few yrs ago. Its not easy I know. Hold on to all the good stuff and the love. :) That's all that matters.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Taking our dog to see the vet about 11 AM here. Think he may have an ear infection, or mites. Tried a home remedy solution which helped some. He's still got trouble however. So, it is a bit beyond us. Hope it's a reasonably simple issue for his sake. We'll see when we see.

Doing as well as can otherwise. The weather was a bit pleasant yesterday. :)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, hope you all are doing well. Not much here. Hubby and Jessie are snoozing, hijinks coming later I'm sure. For now it's nice and quiet, I like it!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Taking our dog to see the vet about 11 AM here. Think he may have an ear infection, or mites. Tried a home remedy solution which helped some. He's still got trouble however. So, it is a bit beyond us. Hope it's a reasonably simple issue for his sake. We'll see when we see.

Doing as well as can otherwise. The weather was a bit pleasant yesterday. :)
That sucks, if it is ear mites I know from experience with Tiki that Revolution works wonders and is pretty safe and easy to use. That was for a cat, but it's a similar product for dogs.

(Tiki was a stray rescue and came absolutely full of ear mites...ack!)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Chilly, foggy, dark, and snowy day out today. But, a bunch of College football games today, so I can't complain much. :)

View attachment 174625

I think I'm hearing "Battlebots" emanating from the man-cave right now, but I'm sure the college football will come later.

I have CNN on mute because I'm just up to my eyeballs with it, but I'm scared to turn it off.

Feeling bad today, sore throat, headache, body aches, need to sleep. Maybe I'll just cover up with a blanket and have a nap right here in my chair.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I think I'm hearing "Battlebots" emanating from the man-cave right now, but I'm sure the college football will come later.

I have CNN on mute because I'm just up to my eyeballs with it, but I'm scared to turn it off.

Feeling bad today, sore throat, headache, body aches, need to sleep. Maybe I'll just cover up with a blanket and have a nap right here in my chair.
Awww, damn. I hope you're having a nice nap. And I hope you took Nyquil. I live on that during the flu. Thanks to COVID you now have 2 reasons to self quarantine. I hope it's not a long one! ? I finally got my flu shot Wednesday.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been a while...

Wife and I are fine

Baby sis has ‘Rona

Baby sis 4 days with very mild symptoms

Baby sis flew to New Mexico 8 days ago to visit our Mum (1hr flight)

Baby sis is isolating from family of 4 kids and husband

Mom and pops get tested tomorrow and are isolating

Mom and pops mid 70’s both with conditions that ‘Rona could wreak havoc with

Sad day

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That sucks, if it is ear mites I know from experience with Tiki that Revolution works wonders and is pretty safe and easy to use. That was for a cat, but it's a similar product for dogs.

(Tiki was a stray rescue and came absolutely full of ear mites...ack!)

Well, Mr. Shrek didn't have mites or infection. The doctor did give us some "flush" for his ears though. They saw some "debris" in his ears. He hadn't started growing potatoes. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's 12:22 am, I'm watching a new Asylum "SiFy" movie about Aliens with Tom Sizemore, and I have one beer left. Also, Milly woke from nap, is full of salmon and pork, and running amok at Warp 12...and I have an alarm set for 0830 for pre-NFL thangz to do. ?

image.png

They also installed extra lighting here in the hallways and outside, 'cuz of idjits. Which is good.
Problemz be, it's not dark at night any more. It's not like the combined LED output from all the gear in here aint enough? Dammit.

Milly don't mind, she can see 'things' outside even better now....argh.

But, if I pull the covers over my head to block the light, that just means Milly has "things under covers" as targets for pounce attack....she leaps off of the headboard onto me just like Tiki used to. The difference is, unlike the de-clawed Tiki, she has all of the Feline weapons at her disposal. And she hones them all the time.

I have a nice hole in my left foot from one of those attacks on feets.

She's a weapon, yeah. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cats are obligate predators. And she is a predator as she should be. No insect lives in this Apt any more. Not the spiders, the carpet beetles, the little things that plagued my pasta, nothing. She hunted them down and ate them all. If it moves, it dies.

I feed her raw meat too, as cats are meant to eat, and she flourishes on it.

She's not as belligerent/angry/fearful as was when I got her either, she's mellowed out with age and loves hugs, petting, belly rubs, and bulls her way right under the covers with me at night.

IDK her true past, the Humane Society won't tell me...but she still has nightmares...dark deep growling nightmares that could wake the dead. I hug her, hold her, and talk her back to sleep. There is darkness in that cat's history. But with me, she knows she is safe.

She's just like my 'ol Tortishell I raised from a un-weened feral babe long ago. And who died in my arms at 8yo. That cat would have killed for me...and she did...she'd bring me 'parts' of her kills and drop them at my feet.

Milly is not any of my former cats, nor my helper; she is my companion. Tiki was like an old lady's cat: still feisty, strong, wild yet demure, reserved, but an elder cat. This cat is like none I've ever had. There is a fire in her. I'm a Leo, she is a Virgo, go figure, eh?

For better or worse, as all relationships are. Love hard, fight hard, snuggle much, purr always.
I saved her, and she saved me.

That, is my kitteh. And I am blessed.

220px-Red-John-Smiley-Face.png

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sat here a few minutes ago, flushed Shrek's ears. Give him some treats by way of apology. He likely would have stayed mad at me all day sans treats.

He's recently gotten more attached to me. Keep telling Christy it's because I abuse him. *chuckles* Truth is think he senses issues going on with me, is buddy-ing up to comfort.

Can get out of the "boot" on the 23rd. See the foot doc on the 30th, if I need it after that he'll say. Extra time because of having thin bones and fracture taking a bit longer than "normal" to mend.

Go in Jan. to figure out kidney issue/s. I'm putting that out of mind. Rather not think of the implication/s. Still present & figure that's why he's being so buddy buddy with me.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here. Breathing. Healthy. Thankful for each day that I am allowed to wake up. Tomorrow is never a guarantee. Working my butt off. Finish this week then I'm taking time off until the second week in January. Much needed time off.

Went and picked up some of my parents things yesterday to have here at the house with me. It was hard to walk into their home, knowing they are not there, and will never be there again. It will get easier as the days and weeks go by tho, I know and trust that. It's still going to be a hard Christmas.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Been a while...

Wife and I are fine

Baby sis has ‘Rona

Baby sis 4 days with very mild symptoms

Baby sis flew to New Mexico 8 days ago to visit our Mum (1hr flight)

Baby sis is isolating from family of 4 kids and husband

Mom and pops get tested tomorrow and are isolating

Mom and pops mid 70’s both with conditions that ‘Rona could wreak havoc with

Sad day
Sorry to hear that mate.
Its easy to get complacent where I am. Though I dont get that way, much of our population does as our numbers are mad low compared to the rest of the world.
We are kinda in a bubble (that personally I expect to see pop).
I really hope you and your family stay safe/ recover and come out ok.
:)
Sorry if the emoji is wrong as am having issues with Google.
Should be a thumbs up.
Hoping and wishing the best for you all.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear that mate.
Its easy to get complacent where I am. Though I dont get that way, much of our population does as our numbers are mad low compared to the rest of the world.
We are kinda in a bubble (that personally I expect to see pop).
I really hope you and your family stay safe/ recover and come out ok.
:)
Sorry if the emoji is wrong as am having issues with Google.
Should be a thumbs up.
Hoping and wishing the best for you all.

Thanks!

Sis says she still feels down, shortness of breath, head aches and body aches and says it’s comparable to having the flu.

Parents are on day 8 after possible exposure and not exhibiting any symptoms and should find out their test results today.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!
Well, the nights are getting cold here, below freezing. Guess I shouldn't complain, others are much worse. Hubby and Jessie are asleep, so cute to see them snuggling together. She will wake up ready to terrorize us. Daughter & SIL got test results, no covid! I'm off to get some reading done.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!

Sis says she still feels down, shortness of breath, head aches and body aches and says it’s comparable to having the flu.

Parents are on day 8 after possible exposure and not exhibiting any symptoms and should find out their test results today.
I hope your sis gets better soon, and I hope your parents continue to stay symptom free.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Woot! Parents are clear

71ae431872fc9bb07cd26f3e50b95efd.png

She got tested this past Sunday which was almost a week from when my sis visited.

I said to get tested again and to tell me if they need the cash for it

Happy for my parents... still haven’t heard from my sis today though

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Milly's going insane as there are a bunch of cops over at one of the other Apt building near here...probably property crime, DV, and/or Drug related...lotta shit goes down between the pink building and the other two buildings over there. :(

P1040710.JPG

I just love my life soooo much.....SMH...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just love my life soooo much.....SMH...

:hug: Hear you, brother. Paradise is such a lovely place to live. Passed out shortly after 9 PM here. Back up 12:45 or so. "Sensed" something what turned out nothing.

Let Shrek go out to potty. It was coyote quiet outside. That's a state of it being too quiet which the coyotes bring with them. Every other critter carries a noise that identifies them. Coyotes carry a knelling quiet.

Wolves carry a soft footed gentle rustling sound. Possums carry a light heart sound of the Can Can song. Raccoon carries a wispy sound, trying to be "ninjas". Foxes carry a bay sound. Deer are a jumbling sound.

Shrek did his business after a gentle prodding, come right back in. He's a little dog. He wouldn't be any more but a mouthful of a snack for coyotes.

Now, I'll be up a bit. Shrek fusses but he's been with us enough to know me and her sleep in shifts. He knows I'm kind of a zombie and still he fusses. He likes cuddling up next to me until he gets too hot. Then, he goes and keeps her warm.

Yay. So it goes, ...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi all. Sorry if, and have no doubt I have, missed many posts from you all with some sad Covid reports. Keep hearing here how bad so many countries are still.
We are ok right now here but I dont believe it will last.
Have been allowed back in Hospital to do my personal visits (visit actually) had to nominate 1 patient to visit. :huh: One. So chose a guy who has no mobility, the least of all I used to see. Oh well, its a start!
Anyway, I hope you are all well.
We dont do Xmas, yeah we are grinches :giggle: but to those that do we hope you are all well and stay safe.
Every year in December, towards the middle of the month without fail our Jacaranda Tree goes full tilt bloom! Amazing purple flowers on the limbs and drops them everywhere with purple all over the place. Love this tree. Its huge.
20201217_081606(1).jpg
20201217_081508_HDR(1).jpg
20201217_081619_HDR(1).jpg
Potted some chilis, but is a serious battle here growing them. If its not the bugs n grubs armies its the scorching summer heat (30s into the 40s) from now on. We get here n there mid 20s but 70% of the time its the high numbers. 10pm right now and still have the air con on.
Anyway, hope these make it this year. Last years were all a fail. Even under shade cloth.
20201216_171944(1).jpg
20201216_171953(1).jpg
These have just flowered in our garden. Not clued up on the name of them as they were here when we moved in but awesome flowers.
20201216_171848(1).jpg
20201216_171839(1).jpg
Ok, last one. We got told to try this. We had crazy amounts of flies, normal black bush flies as well as blow flies (I hate them bad) around the doors front and back by the dozens. When I was told I thought (as if, a plastic bag with water in it. Dude its way past April fools)
But we tried it and :oops: "seriously!"
We now dont get armies of flies at the doors! Yes the odd fly in we shooo away when we go out but no hang arounds like before. The change has been pretty obvious to be honest, amazing. The science behind it is that due to flies crazy multiple lenses in the eyes they see the water in the bag as hugely much more than it is and the refraction or reflection (whatever as long as they dont like it) makes them fly away from it.
Best Aussie Fly "Get outa here" thing we have ever tried. Our neighbors have them up now too. :)
They say put silver coins in them to increase the effect on the flies eyes but we didn't bother to and are happy as they are..
20201216_172033(1).jpg
Im amazed at its effect to be honest on our horrid Aussie blow flies.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Know it's no good for your peppers either, @Smigo , though we'll gladly send you some of our weather. We're doing okay here as far as I'm aware. Waiting to get back to work myself if I still have a job. Wife is doing well at her job.
Glad to hear you and the misses are good Magic. :)
Yeah I'll take some cooler weather and less wind right now any day.
Been getting a lot of wind in the past 2 mths. So much so that im aprehensive to go to a few of my fishing and detecting spots. When I do I get out of the car and check what could fall. Have cleared quite a number of fallen limbs off of the tracks lately where I go. Did get out today and got an Ok Redfin fish. But after getting home the wind was up again strong.
This was not today but last week, but about the same size. I got 3 like this last week, that day.
Lovely eating fish.
20201203_140511_HDR(2).jpg
No prize for guessing why we call them Redfin! :giggle:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We're going outside today! Making a circle - post office, produce market, Walmart and take-out lunch. All masked, only going inside the post office lobby. I'm playing chauffeur, lol. Poor Jessie has to stay home, hopefully asleep. We gave her a sherpa throw so we might get lucky.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all. Sorry if, and have no doubt I have, missed many posts from you all with some sad Covid reports. Keep hearing here how bad so many countries are still.
We are ok right now here but I dont believe it will last.
Have been allowed back in Hospital to do my personal visits (visit actually) had to nominate 1 patient to visit. :huh: One. So chose a guy who has no mobility, the least of all I used to see. Oh well, its a start!
Anyway, I hope you are all well.
We dont do Xmas, yeah we are grinches :giggle: but to those that do we hope you are all well and stay safe.
Every year in December, towards the middle of the month without fail our Jacaranda Tree goes full tilt bloom! Amazing purple flowers on the limbs and drops them everywhere with purple all over the place. Love this tree. Its huge.
View attachment 174876
View attachment 174877
View attachment 174878
Potted some chilis, but is a serious battle here growing them. If its not the bugs n grubs armies its the scorching summer heat (30s into the 40s) from now on. We get here n there mid 20s but 70% of the time its the high numbers. 10pm right now and still have the air con on.
Anyway, hope these make it this year. Last years were all a fail. Even under shade cloth.
View attachment 174880
View attachment 174881
These have just flowered in our garden. Not clued up on the name of them as they were here when we moved in but awesome flowers.
View attachment 174882
View attachment 174883
Ok, last one. We got told to try this. We had crazy amounts of flies, normal black bush flies as well as blow flies (I hate them bad) around the doors front and back by the dozens. When I was told I thought (as if, a plastic bag with water in it. Dude its way past April fools)
But we tried it and :oops: "seriously!"
We now dont get armies of flies at the doors! Yes the odd fly in we shooo away when we go out but no hang arounds like before. The change has been pretty obvious to be honest, amazing. The science behind it is that due to flies crazy multiple lenses in the eyes they see the water in the bag as hugely much more than it is and the refraction or reflection (whatever as long as they dont like it) makes them fly away from it.
Best Aussie Fly "Get outa here" thing we have ever tried. Our neighbors have them up now too. :)
They say put silver coins in them to increase the effect on the flies eyes but we didn't bother to and are happy as they are..
View attachment 174884
Im amazed at its effect to be honest on our horrid Aussie blow flies.

Wow, everything looks beautiful...here it's like 40F, windy/rainy and pretty MEH outside.
Opposite seasons FTW eh? :D

An Aussie guy I know who immensely helped me with chillies is this one: https://thehippyseedcompany.com/
Neil is a legend and pretty nice dood too. Love his chilli sauces, seeds, dried stuff, etc., used to review a few of them. ;) He's in NSW.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Things that make me happy: getting to watch an obscure NCAAM basketball game on ESPN3 for free...'cuz I use Xfinity as a provider =)

Snap1216.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of chillis, just snagged a few of these monsters from the Mex store.
Cost me all of 28 cents for those deadly buggers. Gonna make me some Mango-Hab sauce.

IMG_20201217_134848.jpg
These are pods that look, taste and smell like they were crossed with Jolokias. Wikked hot!!
t1467.gif

FYI, no, that isn't what you think it is in the bag.
it's a huge bag of dry Mexican Oregano I got for $2. So strong ya can smell it through the damn baggie.
s0230.gif

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We're going outside today! Making a circle - post office, produce market, Walmart and take-out lunch. All masked, only going inside the post office lobby. I'm playing chauffeur, lol. Poor Jessie has to stay home, hopefully asleep. We gave her a sherpa throw so we might get lucky.

Yeah, when I left for the run to the MX store and Petco for Milly's litter, she was asleep in her bed in the nice warm bedroom.
When I came back, she was curled up on the back of the couch waiting for me. :inlove:?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With everything negative that has happened recently in my life, I am still able to feel blessed.
Christmas spirit is alive and well in my house. Two trees, one in the front window, and another in the back living room, presents under both. Oh and a Christmas sweater for our beagle Maxxx. 20201217_161202.jpg20201217_161125.jpg20201217_161244.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mariota VS Hebert, a pretty dang awesome Oregon Ducks reunion for TNF. :D

IMG_20201217_180055.jpg

It's 10-10 now. Love it. It's a fargin' violent war.

(My cuz played safety for the Ducks back in the day, so yeahhhh, baby! )
I've had some good times in Autzen stadium too back in the day...lets just say Oregon gals rock... ;)

Now, dem boys be playing in Vegas and the NFL...hell yeah.

Seahawks play the other WA team this Sunday, we win and we're in the playoffs...we should destroy them utterly. Seahawks got some sense and realized we need a running game too...Russ CAN Cook, but one man ain't a team and he's been getting his azz beat. We still got some ballerz on the run too. We may not be the Legion of Doom anymore, but we still got some bad muthers. Like DK Metcalf....he's a swole bad man who learned to swim in Russ's pool down in Baja...they have telepathy. =)

Screenshot from 2020-12-17 18-36-10.png

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is getting silly now....aaieeeee!

1:44 left..Im gonna squee soon....

Attachments

• IMG_20201217_195920.jpg
    IMG_20201217_195920.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 3

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
With everything negative that has happened recently in my life, I am still able to feel blessed.
Christmas spirit is alive and well in my house. Two trees, one in the front window, and another in the back living room, presents under both. Oh and a Christmas sweater for our beagle Maxxx. View attachment 174898View attachment 174899View attachment 174900
Your dog actually looks happy in the sweater! Usually they have a "please help me" face.
Unless as payback its left you a surprise package in a shoe somewhere, hence the grin.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow, everything looks beautiful...here it's like 40F, windy/rainy and pretty MEH outside.
Opposite seasons FTW eh? :D

An Aussie guy I know who immensely helped me with chillies is this one: https://thehippyseedcompany.com/
Neil is a legend and pretty nice dood too. Love his chilli sauces, seeds, dried stuff, etc., used to review a few of them. ;) He's in NSW.
Hi. Yeah I got $30 worth of various seeds from them a year or so ago. Four of the different types I got wouldn't germinate at all. I did everything right that gets others to do so without any issues. The only ones that did were the Aji Peanut ones but bugs destroyed them. Even then they took ages to come up.
I put the last of the Aji ones in a germinatiom pot in the second last week of September this year. They took till mid November to come up and even now are growing in ultra slo mo. This is them right now. Have no idea what happened to those seeds from them but they were a big disappointment. I checked if Xrays would damage them (imagine the post seeing "hippy seed company" on the package!? :giggle:) but I cant find anything saying it would stop seeds germinating. Remains a mystery to be honest. If im lucky these Aji ones will produce some chili's by 2022 sometime going by the growth rate :facepalm:
20201220_172059(1).jpg

VU Sponsors