nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have to work today. Ugh. I think it's barbaric. I've had breakfast and coffee, even a piece of chocolate cake from yesterday, and I still feel like if I sat still for more than 30 seconds, I'd be asleep.

Hubbs and I, yesterday, after we ate our big Thanksgiving meal, both fell into the L-tryptophan coma and slept for HOURS. It was after 5:30 when I woke up. So there I was, later on, like 2:30 this morning, wide awake. I am regretting it now.

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I did, but the payback today is a little rough. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wound up having a meatball sub & tater tots from Sheetz as Thanksgiving supper. It was alright.

Wife's sis and wife are cleared to go back to work next week. Hoping all I've got this morning is a chill and allergies. Figure it is, feels sinus related.

Insomnia is for the birds.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Re: Insomnia/sleep/etc.

I hava a Milly, thus that isn't an issue for me...she wakes me up whenever the hell she feels like it...lol

It's a day....I set alarm for 0830 cuz football starts at 9am, Milly woke me at 0630...yay! ?:rolleyes:
Was brrrr this morning, but should be a decent Nov day...overcast and about 40F out.

Some good games today...

Screenshot from 2020-11-28 11-21-06.png

Got a deal on her dern dry food though; a 4lb bag of the Solid Gold good stuff with a $5 off coupon, plus got a free $2 6oz tin of their wet food...she likes it. She was soooo happy to get her kibble again she about choked chowing down on it....silly gurl.

I like that it only cost $10 for nearly $20 in cat fud. ;)

Got a movie for mom...but she doesn't do modern things like use USB sticks, so had to get two pieces of new software, learn them, then burn an actual DVD. Nobody uses those anymore so Mint doesn't even come with stuff to do that...just USB writing...ugh. Oh well, I learned things and she'll be happy, probably. :D

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Nothing going on here, same old. The days are getting cooler, nights are freezing. Not going anywhere, except maybe back to bed. Jessie apparently likes the cooler weather, she's spending more time on the deck. Comes in with cold toes, puts them on Hubby's arms to warm up. Hubby is crashed in his recliner, Jessie is crashed in her recliner, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, has anyone else noticed the second wave of the TP shortage? People are apparently expecting everything to be shut down again. Hubbs said there were only two packs of Angel Soft left at Walmart yesterday when he was there, so he bought one of them.

We are still stocked up on non-perishables from last time, so don't need to worry about all that. I've become so used to staying at home, I don't even want to go anywhere any more.

It does appear that some locales are shutting certain types of businesses down again. If the spike that the authorities are expecting later this week actually happens, it might happen to a lot more businesses in a lot more locations. I wish I hadn't seen some of the news reports that were shot in airports absolutely teeming with people.

Everyone please stay safe and limit your exposure to people outside your own household.

@inganeer and @f1r3b1rd I hope you are both feeling better.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, has anyone else noticed the second wave of the TP shortage? People are apparently expecting everything to be shut down again. Hubbs said there were only two packs of Angel Soft left at Walmart yesterday when he was there, so he bought one of them.

We are still stocked up on non-perishables from last time, so don't need to worry about all that. I've become so used to staying at home, I don't even want to go anywhere any more.

It does appear that some locales are shutting certain types of businesses down again. If the spike that the authorities are expecting later this week actually happens, it might happen to a lot more businesses in a lot more locations. I wish I hadn't seen some of the news reports that were shot in airports absolutely teeming with people.

Everyone please stay safe and limit your exposure to people outside your own household.

@inganeer and @f1r3b1rd I hope you are both feeling better.

We're having another surge here too, but no shortages that I know of yet. I don't go to Wal-Mart though like the masses tend to do. Dollar tree keeps up pretty well. ;)

It's Brrrr in the LR still...62F...so doing stuff in the BR until it warms up a bit. Milly is of the same mind..hehe.

Watching football today and gonna pour a nice TJ's Chocolate Stout in honor of @MrMeowgi and his choice to stop vaping. It sure is nice to have that as a choice eh? Less than a decade ago, there wasn't much choice....then all of a sudden there were SO many choices. It was a good time to be a vaper. :)

Will miss ya man, there have been many laughs, much learned, and kitteh sharing has been good.
Congrats and hope you stick around here and there...SKOL Bro!! ?

P1040674.JPG

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No problems here Nada. The store i go to has so much stuff, not one empty spot on any shelf.
Meat market full too.
Let me know if you need any ass wipe and i'll send some.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No problems here Nada. The store i go to has so much stuff, not one empty spot on any shelf.
Meat market full too.

Ditto here..but Pastor is a LOT closer than I am waaayyy over here...although my USPS rocks... ;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Meat market full too.

Thank you for the offer. I think we're set for about a year if it comes to that. I've been buying an extra pack just about every time I order groceries ever since it became possible to get it at Walmart again, so we have a huge box of MEGA ROLLS! lol We ain't messing around like last time.

@CaFF, I'm glad you folks aren't having problems again. I think things started up way earlier over there than they did here, but my god, when it started it went from zero to sixty in nothing flat. Not that we're at zero now, but I really am kind of expecting another big spike like that about the end of next week.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yesterday I was told by my best friend (from grade school) that her brother has COVID and isn't doing well. The hospital discharged him only after 5 days, delirious, and couldn't go back in to call someone. He had no money on him, couldn't remember who to call, cell battery was dead, no car and the other hospital across the street wouldn't let him enter either. It took him 6hrs to walk home. No one knew he was in the hospital as his wife was working at the time the medics came to get him. He's at a different hospital now...ICU on a ventilator.

Can you imagine?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Milly's sleeping and I'm watching Sunday Night Football with Da Bears and The Cheeseheads....sweet!

Screenshot from 2020-11-29 17-35-45.png

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

Hubby is hard at work, stirring up a beef stew. It's been a long time, and now that the temps are getting lower he says it's time. Jessie is helping, lol. Yes, there is some cussing going on in the kitchen. Apparently he doesn't need her advice.

That's cute. :)

We had an old beagle to wander up in the yard one day, three or four years ago, just came walking up and decided to stay. She's since passed away, but while she was with us she would go with my husband when he'd walk the woods. All his life he's loved to hunt, but it's really just about too much for him now, so instead of hunting, he takes his walking stick, his gun (there are bears and bobcats around), and his cell phone, and just walks.

Yesterday he was on the phone with our youngest daughter and I heard him tell her that Mitzi, our little white and gray cat, has taken to walking the woods with him now. Hubbs in recent years hasn't been all that fond of our cats, but I think Mitzi might be working her way into being his buddy these days. Apparently she follows him around when he's out in the yard, too. I think she's decided she likes him, whether he likes her or not! :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Hubby is hard at work, stirring up a beef stew. It's been a long time, and now that the temps are getting lower he says it's time. Jessie is helping, lol. Yes, there is some cussing going on in the kitchen. Apparently he doesn't need her advice.

Yeah, sounds about right. :D

I was fetching brekky things from the fridge today and came across the dern 3lb Chuck roast I'd bought a bit ago....planned to make it for TG, but never did. A lot of prep work to make a crockpot of roast, veggies, etc.

Figured I'd have time, but after brekky Milly kinda took over my morning. ?
It's gonna be 30-40mph winds and Snow today and she is freakin' out RUNNING fast as she can back and forth from the LR to BR windows. A 9lb cat leaping off the couch at full gallop is pretty loud on my shitty floors...can't get the neighbors on my azz. Arrgh...

She's calmed down and fine now and finally sleeping after a bellyfull of meat and petting.
Oh well, it is vac-sealed and isn't going anywhere. ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Someone digitize and send me a hot cup o' Joe of a morning. Tired of going without. So yeah, get me a digital coffee going and send it via PM.

So glad my wanting of coffee is merely that, a want. Glad too of being taught young wants don't kill. At the same time a cup of coffee as a want is similar to wanting dignity.

Oh well, reckon I'll hush and try to quit thinking on it. Been watching Ring of Honor wrestling more. There's a lot better caliber of sport involved with ROH than WWE.

Shrek, our dog has been seeming to take more of a keen to me. Talking with Christy last night I ask if maybe he senses the trouble with my kidney/s. She just laughed and said it was from her being off and home this last week, he's sharing the happy and love.

She isn't letting me worry and I hate she needs to. Bah, all these different things to not think about. *chuckles* Might as well go walk into the pyre. And I know, that's not right either.

I'm okay. A bit frustrated I keep thinking and that keeps hurting. Oh well, keep on keeping on.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My mother lost her fight against covid this morning. She passed away, and is now with God.
My step father is still sedated and on a ventilator.

What the fuck!?!

I'm not ok.

Oh hun, I am so, so sorry. There's nothing to say that doesn't feel inadequate, but I do know how that feels. I will keep you in my heart, as I'm sure many of us will. My very deepest condolences to you.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My mother lost her fight against covid this morning. She passed away, and is now with God.

What the fuck!?!

I'm not ok.
OMG @ChainVapeS I am so so sorry. ? We are here for you and I'm sending you big ole bear hugs and prayers. ?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

What the fuck!?!

I'm not ok.
Awwwww, man.....I am so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my thoughts. :hug::hug:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

What the fuck!?!

I'm not ok.
Sorry to read about your Mom losing her battle with Covid- sending prayers to you and and your family at this difficult time.
Sending healing prayers to your Dad as well.
:hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

What the fuck!?!

I'm not ok.
Sorry to hear man, it really sucks. :(

I lost my birth mom in 2008, but didn't find out until years later as they were in Canada. Still sucked.

big_hug-2589.gif

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Paid bills, bought Milly's food supplements, misc stuff. Now working on relaxing with the Steelers vs Ravens game. Seems a comedy of errors thus far..IDK if they can remain undefeated the way things are going.

But, I got the comfy:

P1040694.JPG

It's 64F in here, and I don't care...much winter clothes. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had some solace from a Robby Burns poem:

Epitaph on my own Friend​

- Robert Burns

An honest man here lies at rest,
As e’er God with His image blest:
The friend of man, the friend of truth;
The friend of age, and guide of youth:
Few hearts like his, with virtue warm’d,
Few heads with knowledge so inform’d:
If there’s another world, he lives in bliss;
If there is none, he made the best of this.

Few know and can express loss and pain like the Scots...yet find hope nonetheless.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeahhhh, Go Zags!!! :D

Screenshot from 2020-12-02 16-38-36.png

After this battle, there is this:

Screenshot from 2020-12-02 16-45-38.png

Not a bad evening. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's 64F in here, and I don't care...much winter clothes. :D

Got about 29 F -2 C outside here. Figure even with wood stove burning we're only at about 50 F inside. Setting here shirtless & getting ready to get in pj pants.

Then, I'm a silly & furry git. :)

Not a bad evening. :)

Ah out your nose. *chuckles* If I cared a whit about any football and our home team WV, that might be me.

Lemme know how bad IL smears 'em. Just figure they will.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
So, it just doesn't get any better, or easier. My father, Charlie passed away today, two days after my mother passed away. She was 66, he was 74.

Both parents gone. Covid is real people.

Oh no I am sorry to hear about losing your Dad now to Covid- hugs to you and I am so sorry for your loss of both your parents.

1607123053750.png

1607123382988.png

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No idea on Covid-19 status on my biological dad. Not to sound any kind of bad son, frankly I'm not sure I care. My dad he's not the kind a son can be proud to call dad. Leave it at we can agree to not respect one another.

Mom reported last night a cousin is in hospital with it. Thankfully she's been fortunate enough to avoid it. Bad enough she's beat cancer twice over the last two years at 70+.

I'm trusting my little brother, code named Grasshopper will keep her safe. He's living there with her now, helping fix stuff up, keeping stuff going. When mom goes it'll be his and me middle brother know, accept, respect that.

And no, it's not his because of him brown nosing. That was decided very, very, long ago, even before mom had a place. I the eldest got mom's family Bible. The middle son gets a "pack of worries". Seems he has enough on his own anyway.

Of course, most of his worries come from his own doings, too. Boy thought he was invincible and pushed every limit to see. Sure me and youngest did our fair share on that too, but we never went as far as he did. Too cowardly, too much sense? Who knows?

I am saddened by all the deaths. Does no good seeing records broken like yesterday, 3,000 hospitalized. No good hearing the report of the rifle called Covid-19 resound daily. Still even not listening is not an option. It keeps on and on, listening or not.

We can follow some common sense we're told, help stop it. Can see the truth to the statement, "common sense is fully uncommon now". People cannot bother thinking beyond the point of their own noses.

Can also see truth in something I say. "Death doesn't care about creed, color, orientation, politics, religions, social cliques, families, all that is, is just piles of shat out labels we make up." A good many fuss that I seem to hold such a bleak view.

Sorry if Truth is bleak, it'll be what it'll be though. All of us need unite for the wolf is on the doorstep. Can we? Will we? Who knows?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, it just doesn't get any better, or easier. My father, Charlie passed away today, two days after my mother passed away. She was 66, he was 74.

My deepest sympathies, condolences and prayers for you and your family. I’m so very sorry.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Oh dear Lord... @ChainVapeS ... I wish I knew the words to ease your pain right now. So so sad. I sure hope you have other family or friends around you right now. And of course your "extended family" here in the forum will ALWAYS BE HERE for you.

They say God only puts you through what you can handle... He sure is asking a heck of a lot of you right now.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Dear God, Chain! I'm so terribly sorry. Both parents within 48hrs. I can't fathom it. Real indeed.
May God watch over you during this difficult time.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank all of you for the kind words and prayers. I'm kind of in a daze. It's all just so unreal. I keep waking up each day trying to tell myself that this isn't real, and I'll actually wake up from the longest bad dream ever, but...no. life is forever changed in the blink of an eye.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thank all of you for the kind words and prayers. I'm kind of in a daze. It's all just so unreal. I keep waking up each day trying to tell myself that this isn't real, and I'll actually wake up from the longest bad dream ever, but...no. life is forever changed in the blink of an eye.
:hug: <3 :hug: <3 :hug: <3 :hug:<3

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crazy football day.

Snap1208.jpg

Seahawks are in da shit today...

12 points, it's an Omen....

529a7c48f6be9e6c1503fb9d369ba471--nfl-seahawks-seattle-seahawks.jpg

We cannot lose to the 4-7 Giants.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, it finally happened. Someone in my building at work has been directly exposed to Covid-19. He had seen the sick person before the person knew they were sick, and then worked a whole day in the building before he got word that he'd been exposed. He's now in quarantine for two weeks.

I'm so glad I'm at home. Almost everybody in my department is over 60, though, and the guy who got exposed is nearly 70. Our department head is about 74 now. So there could be some unpleasant impact there, and I'm worried about them.

The person who is actually sick is in a bad spot. The poor man has been fighting cancer for years now; it's been in his lungs, his throat, his brain, and his adrenal glands. He was in the middle of another course of radiation when they found out he has Covid. That's a whole lot of bad stacked up against him.

Fauci is on TV now saying that we're just beginning to see the uptick from Thanksgiving. The next couple of weeks are gonna be interesting.

Everybody please stay safe.

@ChainVapeS my very deepest condolences to you and your family.

VU Sponsors