Not open for further replies.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They don't make them in Rose Gold. t least not yet.

F

fckaugust8th

So, just to keep it straight in my mind, they released the mech mods and the v1 of the dotbox, right? They're still dithering with the dotbox v2 but no word on when it will be released. Those bastr.....I mean busy people.....

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a note from dotmod retail themselves. Dont directly purchase from them if youre below 21. They stopped my shipment until they got a verification on my i.d. while i am below 21 thankfully the 21 below law in california is exempt from active duty military personnel so it should be fine now. Ill update on whether or not theres any problems.

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They promptly got back to me with gratitude and shipped my package. Great customer service.

... The Petri Lites are ordered and will HOPEFULLY be here next week, although Dotmod is saying they'll be shipping on Monday, the 20th.

Are all of the lites spoken for? Would like to get in on the first batch if possible. Also signed up for paypal so I could put my deposit down for the dotbox v2 so let me know where to send that.

Thanks Chef!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude, we are WAY past the first batch of Petri Lite orders. I have 5 orders with Dotmod right now, with almost 70 Petri Lite mods included in them.

Holy crap, just movin' em! Forgive my ignorance, didn't know you had already put in so many orders. Figured chances were high I was too late to get in on the lites shipping the 20th but on your next order could I please get one and a couple other things? I can send you the payment plus the deposit for the dotbox all at once then if that works for you.

Thanks again Chef!

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy crap, just movin' em! Forgive my ignorance, didn't know you had already put in so many orders. Figured chances were high I was too late to get in on the lites shipping the 20th but on your next order could I please get one and a couple other things? I can send you the payment plus the deposit for the dotbox all at once then if that works for you.

Thanks again Chef!
You can order them on his site right now.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
but on your next order could I please get one and a couple other things?
I really have to cool down a bit on these group buys. It's starting to interfere with my regular day-to-day sales. The inventory situation is on the verge of ridiculous. If you want, go to my website - PureCoils.com - and use coupon code VU10. That will take 10% off of not only the Dotmod products, but your entire order, as well. I can pretty much guarantee you that NOBODY ELSE is giving a 10% discount on Dotmod products right now.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow - Thank You! :D

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate the shit out of you chef. Thanks so much for hooking all of us up. You deserve to know how much we all appreciate how much youve done to help us get these products.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Even your willingness to let anyone in on it despite no history with this forum - you're a hell of a decent guy for taking such good care of us...ill be sure to recommend your website to many people :)

Many thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Effective immediately, I am no longer accepting any more requests to join in the group buy.
So, I've been getting a lot of PMs from new people want to get in on the group buy. I guess it's showing up in a Google search or something. Anyways, I can't jeopardize my relationship with Dotmod, so I'm not accepting any more requests to join in on the group buy. Obviously, I'll honor the people who are listed in post one of this thread.

But... The coupon code VU10 is good for 10% off of anything on my website, including all of the Dotmod products. I don't think anyone is offering 10% off on Dotmod products anywhere right now.

Thanks for understanding.

Yeah fair enough man, demand must be crazy right now with all the new stuff dotmod has been dropping. And like darth vakarian and hookahhabib said, truly appreciate what you're doing!

F

fckaugust8th

Hey Chef, the cricket chirping is getting kinda loud . Just hope this mod is not gonna be another fiasco like the Hohm Slice pre-orders. Still waiting, and waiting, and wai...tti...zzzzz

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been nearly 2 months at this point, I dunno if this thing will ever drop lol. At least thats how it feels.

Its alright though honestly, Im kinda falling out of vaping as a hobby right now. Its just losing its appeal and Im starting to become disinterested. All the mods are basically the same, if you have 1 variable wattage mod, youve basically got them all. 20+ mods and dozens of attys and its just kinda meh for me now.

Still interested to see what this one will be though.,

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So....what are you selling??

Me? Ive got a lot of stuff Ive been thinkin of gettin rid of. Target VTC mod/tank kit, Smok Treebox 75, SMY 60, an oodle of RDAs/tanks (CEO, Taurus, TFV4, Theorum, etc), probably a shit load of juice. Too much to list here. Been meaning to make a thread, but Im lazy

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As long as it's working, I'll give you $20 (shipped) for the treebox.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ill go $25 SHIPPED for the treebox provided its working and looks good

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
chef
your mad cuz i out offered you.
you should have sent a PM to him.
just because you happened to be hovering over the keyboard while he posts it means you should be the one to dictate price and determine your the only one who should be in on a deal if in fact he is selling it at all. i mean talk about a total narcissistic attitude.

I would be interested in the mod as well. just because you happened to be on the forum at the right time means i shouldnt make an offer as well. get real

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IIs that all theyre worth these days? I think I bought it for like $50 or $60, granted it was a while ago. I might have to check new prices on shit I have to see if its even worth selling these things lol. Might be better to go the trade route to maximize value.

Either way tho, my Treebox is in brand new condition with the nice wooden box and everything it came with. All my stuff is in brand new condition, I take good care of my stuff.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
your mad cuz i out offered you.
I'm not mad at all. It was a shitty thing to do. You saw that I obviously wanted it, and then you decided to offer a higher price.

i mean talk about a total narcissistic attitude.
I can absolutely guarantee you that there was nothing narcissistic about my reply.

IIs that all theyre worth these days?
Average about $35 new, but if I look around I could find it for less.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wasnt wrong, per se, but definitely stepped on someones toes, uncool.
you can be right and be a dick at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the price on them has dropped
the new version is releasing soon
efun is just starting to advertise them

you all can say i was wrong
i was no more wrong then chef was. the whole point of my offer - sincere as it was - was to also point out chef was being a dick posting his offer so quickly before anyone else could send even a pm to see if there was a possibility of a deal on it.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Huh. I didn't even notice when he posted it. I just know that he posted it, so I made an offer. That's really all there is to it.

Now I am starting to get a little upset. Tell ya what - I'll check with you before I make any other offers when someone posts something they want to sell. Once you've given me the okay that enough time has passed, then (and only then) I'll post an offer. Fair enough?

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
reminds me of a game that i played a while back that if you attacked too soon it was frowned upon and people would say "fuxking asshole rushers", since the act itself was called "rushing". lol
so xhef, you asshole rusher! you cant rush til we all ready!
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i was no more wrong then chef was. the whole point of my offer - sincere as it was - was to also point out chef was being a dick posting his offer so quickly before anyone else could send even a pm to see if there was a possibility of a deal on it.

A new version you say? What are the specs? Links? If its higher wattage Id definitely like one, I love how it looks and feels, I just dont usually vape below 75 watts anymore.

And for what its worth, I dont think you were "wrong" per se. You wanted something, and made an offer over someone else to try to get it. Its not wrong or against any rules or anything, hell, Ive done it a couple times, but yeah, people definitely seem to frown upon it. I dunno why tho, its a free market lol.

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea Chef, if for no reason other than all the trouble you put yourself through to give group buys to this community, you are a class act - the fact that you remain classy while doing all this only further goes to show you're a man of integrity and from what I can tell a nice guy too...

Which is exactly why the quote below me is a shitty move:

ill go $25 SHIPPED for the treebox provided its working and looks good

Mattp169 - im assuming you are here in this thread because you're participating in this group buy, and maybe for that reason alone, it would have been thoughtful of you to yeild to Chef's offer since he's been spending all this time and energy to help you score dotmod stuff at a pretty significant discount.

But this....this is just ridiculous...

Dude. Are you really trying to talk shit of CrazyChef for responding quickly IN HIS OWN GROUP BUY THREAD?! LoL this is some of the funnier, back-asswards internet-troll logic I've seen in the 18 years that I've been browsing internet forums.. people list things for sale- general rule of thumb is you respond quickly so as to actually score the item before someone else does.

Wow...were i you I'd recommend you learn a little respect. I'm not saying kiss anyone's ass or anything, but a little kindness towards this stranger who is helping hook you up doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

And if you really want to outbid someone because you just have to have the item, at least send the seller a private message

Might be worth not trying to justify yourself any further and just bite your tongue, lest you continue to reveal the full extent of your douchery to us here.

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, thank you for the kind words, @hookahhabib
At this point, I think we should all just let it go. @Mattp169 - It's all yours, if you want it. :cheers: That's if @Mythical_OD is even willing to sell it after this "fiasco".

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

So, STILL no word on when (if?) Dotmod will be releasing the Dotbox V2. :(

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, thank you for the kind words, @hookahhabib
At this point, I think we should all just let it go. @Mattp169 - It's all yours, if you want it. :cheers: That's if @Mythical_OD is even willing to sell it after this "fiasco".

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

So, STILL no word on when (if?) Dotmod will be releasing the Dotbox V2. :(
Sounds good to me Chef

Im happy to move on to more exciting things like dotmod stuff!

Any word on when the Petri Lites you ordered will be coming in? Wondering if I should get some money together for the remaining balance I am going to owe you for mine...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors