Become a Patron!

Dotmod Dotbox V2 Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No information about it whatsoever, except that they're (supposedly) being released at the same time. I'll add it (and you) to the list in the OP.
Much appreciated! Have a great day

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
grazi!!!

F

fckaugust8th

Hi Chef, what's new with the Dotbox? I'm thinking of maybe putting another $100 down to make certain I covered the costs.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No new news yet. If you want to add funds, that's fine. If the selling price is less than what you have put down, I will obviously return the difference to you.

F

fckaugust8th

The part of returning funds never really eneed my mind, I was thinking I'll just add to it and buy something else from you.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ok so when you do another order let me know, shipped Friday came today <3 @CrazyChef

uTWGllu.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lookin' Good! :D
I'm putting in another order on Wednesday..

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All you need is a drill... And a big set of kahunas

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the dotcap has that extra little piece on the topcap that holds the clear straight "driptip" thing. No way to swap it with the regular topcap. Oh well. Maybe Ill just try the original driptip again with the cloud cap.

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My shipment showed up! Only have the purple cloud cap included in this pic, but happy with everything! Thanks CrazyChef

7b31edfd06e38883209546b25493dfa1.jpg

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, im new to this forum. Im absolutely interested in getting a gold dotbox. How does this group order work?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll notify everyone in this thread. you'll get a notice in the top right corner of your screen whenever this thread is updated.

In the meantime, the V2 RDAs are now available in Rose Gold and Silver/Space Gray, as are the Cloudcaps, Dotcaps, and drip tips. I'll be putting in an order tomorrow morning if anyone needs anything.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's hard to make sure I'll have the cash when there is absolutely no idea when anything is happening

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Barring anything unforseen, Ive got the cash for a few Dotboxes right now and should for a while at least. Hopefully they drop soon before I start blowing it on other shiny things...its already started with the Lost Vape Triad lolz

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For the dotcap, is it the whole cap? Not just the top cap? Probably a dumb question, i just want to confirm. And is it a cloud cap or just standard?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the dotcap, is it the whole cap? Not just the top cap? Probably a dumb question, i just want to confirm. And is it a cloud cap or just standard?

Google is your friend lol.

But the Dot cap (pictured below on the Noisy Cricket mod) is just the top cap with the attached wide bore sleeve tip. The Cloud Cap is the entire Petri sleeve (with 2 air holes instead of 1), and a gold and black top cap for it (I believe it comes with both, havent gotten it yet).

309k6xj.jpg

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Google is your friend lol.

But the Dot cap (pictured below on the Noisy Cricket mod) is just the top cap with the attached wide bore sleeve tip. The Cloud Cap is the entire Petri sleeve (with 2 air holes instead of 1), and a gold and black top cap for it (I believe it comes with both, havent gotten it yet).

309k6xj.jpg
Yes the cloud cap does come with a gold and also a color matched top cap. I must admit I haven't even tried the gold top cap to see how it looks yet since I've been so happy with the performance and the looks of the DistrictF5ve Summit topcap I've been rocking with the Petri lately - seems perfectly matched to the increased airflow of the cloud cap and also allows for worry free dripping with that wide bore :cool:

Forgive me if I'm later in finding this out than I think but it looks like dotmod finally went live with their own online shop (http://dotmodretail.com/collections/all). They have the dotbox in gold, red and black but it's still the "pre" version with 900mAh battery.

For anyone interested the mech mod is called the "petri lite". Typical first run colors for dotmod (blue, gold, red, black) in their classic matte finish, hybrid connection and two different springs for the switch. Like the dotbox it's supposed to be "the first of two models to come from dotmod's heavily-aticipated v2 petri mechanical mod series"

Last edited:

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Forgive me if I'm later in finding this out than I think but it looks like dotmod finally went live with their own online shop (http://dotmodretail.com/collections/all). They have the dotbox in gold, red and black but it's still the "pre" version with 900mAh battery.

For anyone interested the mech mod is called the "petri lite". Typical first run colors for dotmod (blue, gold, red, black) in their classic matte finish, hybrid connection and two different springs for the switch. Like the dotbox it's supposed to be "the first of two models to come from dotmod's heavily-aticipated v2 petri mechanical mod series"
Thanks for the heads up....that's an exciting development!

I'm committed to getting the DotBox v2 through CrazyChef but I tried to make a couple other purchases just now and got denied...according to the website, the official Dotmod store says they don't ship to the United States? Anybody know what's up with that?

I just sent Dotmod an email asking about this so I'll let you know what they say if no answer surfaces here before...

Whatever the case, anticipation builds!

:-D

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Forgive me if I'm later in finding this out than I think but it looks like dotmod finally went live with their own online shop
I've been checking the new retail site daily, and apparently it went live at midnight. There's no purchasing option for either the mech or the reg devices on the wholesale site yet... I'll talk to them later today to see what's up with that.

Yeah I'll still be planning to get all my dotmod stuff through CrazyChef as well, let us know what they tell you about the shipping thing that seems pretty weird.

Sorry I didn't mean to undermine your sales or anything CrazyChef just wanted to get the info out there for those like myself eagerly waiting for dotmod news. Definitely a PITA that they're not listing the stuff on their wholesale site yet, hopefully all the stuff shows up and it's not just stuff exclusive to their own site. 'preciate what you do and keep us posted!

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It kinda pisses me off that they're releasing this new stuff on their new retail site, yet it's still not showing up on the wholesale site.
I can onlyimagine your frustration Chef.... based on the fact that they are not shipping to the United States, unless it is a programming glitch maybe they're just opening their doors to the international market first? That's the only guess that comes to my mind right now

It's kind of interesting that they call that a new hybrid Mech the Lite version - does that mean they'll have multiple ones? Also the regulated box looks to be the same as the pre version... Are you just playing mind games with us dotmod?!

For what it's worth CrazyChef, I still intend to buy my Dotbox v2 and mech mod (both in black please :D ) through you - was only trying to buy o-ring kits last night.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's kind of interesting that they call that a new hybrid Mech the Lite version - does that mean they'll have multiple ones?
Yes, this is a pre-release. All they told me was that the standard version will weigh more. :confused:

Also the regulated box looks to be the same as the pre version...
It is the same one, just with 2 new colors. :eek:

For what it's worth CrazyChef, I still intend to buy my Dotbox v2 and mech mod (both in black please ) through you
Thank you, I appreciate it! :p

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, so I just checked the website, and the Petri Lite mechs are now available. Red, royal blue, black and gold. $95 shipped to you.

4.jpg

Last edited:

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I gotta save up for a dotbox, how much will you be selling a standard black one for chef?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I gotta save up for a dotbox, how much will you be selling a standard black one for chef?
I might be able to get only 5 of the Dotbox V1, and really need those for the website. I just sent an email and am waiting on a reply.

F

fckaugust8th

Are they going to have a v2? If and when they do, I will wait for it, no problem.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup. I think they're gonna release it with the standard version of the Petri V2 tube mech.

hookahhabib

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup. I think they're gonna release it with the standard version of the Petri V2 tube mech.
So there's going to be another mech released in addition to the Lite version?

Btw 95 shipped for the Lite sounds good to me! Great price

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mkmnrm76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So only 5 of the V1. What about the v2???

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Done. Do you want to apply your $50 deposit towards the Petri Lite?

duroSIG556R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dunno yet. Supposedly they're gonna have a 1300mah battery and some sort of proprietary chip, although I'm pretty sure it'll be a DNA200 also.
And no, I didn't keep a V1 for myself. :( :gaah:

Is the preorder on your site for the new lipo, or old?

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If i may, ill be signing up for a d9tbox, if i can. Anything not above retail price is still good to me. If not, i still appreciate it greatly chef.

Darth vakarian

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is in regards to if you can save one of the ones you get for the website. I d9nt have a problem paying for what you were gonna sell em for on the website if you cant get anymore. Thanks again

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the preorder on your site for the new lipo, or old?
It's for the original 900mah lipo, but with a couple of new colors

This is in regards to if you can save one of the ones you get for the website.
Sure. I was only able to get 2 blacks, 2 reds, and a gold. One of the reds is already sold.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1 black, 1 red, 1 gold left.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1 red, 1 gold left. They'll probably be gone when I wake up tomorrow.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats the difference between the Petri Lite mech and the Petri V2 mech?

Feels like Dotmod is dropping too much stuff at one time, man. Petri Lite mech, Petri V2 mech, Dotbox V1, Dotbox V2, plus wave after wave of new colors for the V2 rda. Its too much to keep track of whats what and whats out and whats coming. Confusing. Just tag me when the Dotbox V2 either has its specs released, or the mod is released, which ever comes first. Dont wanna miss it lol.

Oh, and I got the Cloud Cap for the Petri V2 today. Really opens up the airflow on it. Im digging it a lot so far. Im kinda bummed I cant use the gold top cap since I use the Dotcap on mine, but oh well, I like the Dotcap too much to drop it and go back to the drip tip. Now with the RDA, Cloudcap, and Dotcap all together in one, this set up officially has a higher retail price than any mod I own lmao. I have a $170 RDA set up being used on top of a $17 mech mod haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors