Become a Patron!

Dual parallel coil help

Vapesta

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So..Im new to rebuilding and I was looking to make a parallel coil (Dual) and was wondering if it would split the resistance? twice since there is twice as much wire than a normal Dual coil build with only a single strand of wire? Im building with 22ga wire

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. A dual 2.5 mm 22 AWG 9 wrap will come in around .22. A dual parallel with the same specs will come in around .11.

Honestly, I think 22 AWG is a bit on the big side for dual parallels...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. A dual 2.5 mm 22 AWG 9 wrap will come in around .22. A dual parallel with the same specs will come in around .11.

Honestly, I think 22 AWG is a bit on the big side for dual parallels...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'd have to second that 22ga is probably not the best wire to build parallel with. What kind of wire are you working with? Kanthal...Nichrome...Stainless? Usually I'll build parallel with 2 strands of 24ga with 8 wraps around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver and I sometimes like to use a 3-strand parallel using 26ga with 7 wraps around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver. My wire of choice is Nichrome 80, but I have to say that I've started using SS316L and I'm very impressed with how easy it is to work with and the quick ramp up time...I've been able to do a 9-wrap around a 2.4 with 24ga SS316L in parallel in dual mode and still get quicker ramp up time than 8 wrap with Nichrome and the extra surface area has increased cloud production and taste!

I use the 2 strand parallels in my X1 RDA sitting on the X1 Tube Mech Mod and the 3 Strand parallels in my minibuddha sitting on a Pegasus Mech Mod (needs the extra airflow to keep it from getting too hot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it really is. Unless it's polished or something.
You can stage it though with 26 or something.
If you do parallel coils of the same gauge on a regulated mod you'll get the exact same vape as just using more wraps on one coil.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep.
I actually found steam-engine.org long before joining any forum.
Yep, same here.

when ever anyone asks "how many wraps", "what ohms", "what gauge", etc. etc. just refer them there. Once that is done they can start asking some questions, but until they're familiar with it I see it not only pointless but dangerous to telling them anything else ya know.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't believe so, OP was asking earlier about RX2/3.

Also @Vapesta parallel 22g even on a regulated mod I wouldn't recommend it for IMO way too much wire mass and the Atty will really, really get hot. With Kanthal I'd say for parallel go for 26g or maybe 24g.

VU Sponsors