Become a Patron!

E-Liquid became harsh after applying Nic

Hi there .. I am glad that I joined this great forum first of all

I created this recipe below and after I added my flavors to VG/PG base I accelerated my recipe steeping by doing hot water bath to my e-juice for couple of hours 2 to 4 hrs and I tasted my recipe it was yummy
then I applied the nicotine as prescribed in the app and shaken it for some while then Hala Loya ... the flavors calmed down a lot .. and a horrible harsh throat hit I can find when I vape my E-juice
what I did wrong ?!

1.jpg 2.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you shake up your nic base really well before adding it to your juice?

it supposed to be a good nicotine .. it is repacked nicotine from local distributor over here and a lot of people using it and didn't complain about it and it also not deoxidated it's color is near to transparent with pinky color

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
could that be the reason I got it out of the fridge let it settle to room temperature then applied it without shaking the bottle

You might have gotten what we call a "hotspot". The nic can be concentrated in spots if not shaken and dispersed equally through the base. That causes you to get a higher concentration of of nic in your juice.

Your nic might just be icky but at 1.5mg it shouldn't be that apparent. Maybe try a new batch after shaking the hell out of your nic base and see if that helps first.

You might have gotten what we call a "hotspot". The nic can be concentrated in spots if not shaken and dispersed equally through the base. That causes you to get a higher concentration of of nic in your juice.

Your nic might just be icky but at 1.5mg it shouldn't be that apparent. Maybe try a new batch after shaking the hell out of your nic base and see if that helps first.
okay gonna try that out and tell

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shake your flavors as well before adding them in. Flavors and nic will separate between uses.

Welcome to VU!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stop tasting the recipe prior to having ALL of the BASE ingredients in..........
Some nic solutions are harsher than others. Some vendors even sell it in levels.. nic itself can add a pepper flavor. Not all flavors play well with each other....

So start new recipes with the nic in the mix.... so you know how much other flavoring you need to mask flavor...... once you get it dialed in you can leave out the nic for heat steep purposes..... but I find aging/steeping mellows nic flavor. I don't steep juices, I age them. No heat till I fire the coil.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shake your flavors as well before adding them in. Flavors and nic will separate between uses.

Welcome to VU!
thank u first of all .. I find out that the nic I applied was too much concentrated even than 100mg ... if I want to apply 3mg to my e-liquid I should apply only .03 ... I find that was perfect without steeping ... will let it steep and see the final product

Stop tasting the recipe prior to having ALL of the BASE ingredients in..........
Some nic solutions are harsher than others. Some vendors even sell it in levels.. nic itself can add a pepper flavor. Not all flavors play well with each other....

So start new recipes with the nic in the mix.... so you know how much other flavoring you need to mask flavor...... once you get it dialed in you can leave out the nic for heat steep purposes..... but I find aging/steeping mellows nic flavor. I don't steep juices, I age them. No heat till I fire the coil.

you are absolutely right ... nics are different with different strengths

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Agree. For one thing, the nic base throws your pg/vg ratio off.
You might try adding 1.5ml vg to your current batch, see if that takes some of the harshness off. It will mute the flavors a bit, but you might not even really notice it.
By the way.. tank or dripper? 30pg would kill me in my dripper, and if the nic was in a pg base.. it would make it worse.

VU Sponsors