Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep, Nvidia card and its not wanting to play nicely. Boots up so far and then screen freeze. Has the GTX980 card in it and I don't think there exist Linux divers for it yet.
I had that same trouble around 2005 when I was a little whippersnapper first trying Debian I think!!! Had a fellow Gamer/Friend in my Clan SSH into my computer to make it work for me lol

As for Windows, I use to HATE ATI drivers with a passion!! Always used (I'm drawing a blank here)"Modded" Drivers..

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had that same trouble around 2005 when I was a little whippersnapper first trying Debian I think!!! Had a fellow Gamer/Friend in my Clan SSH into my computer to make it work for me lol

As for Windows, I use to HATE ATI drivers with a passion!! Always used (I'm drawing a blank here)"Modded" Drivers..

Once you get past the initial setup and learning curve with Linux, you will never go back to Microsoft. I been exclusively Linux for the last 4 years or so and pretty much problem free.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are going to make Spanky jealous
No. He really isn't!
98385bc9586c026118e8b5896873a127.jpg
Monday! tehehehe

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Once you get past the initial setup and learning curve with Linux, you will never go back to Microsoft. I been exclusively Linux for the last 4 years or so and pretty much problem free.
I know, I used to have a couple Computers loaded with Linux.. I miss it very much.. Need to get back to it!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
$141 OTD from vaporcube! I bought the cheapest one & the only difference is the symbols are the same color as the box! And it's your own damn fault if you missed Raymo's sale!:headbang::blowkiss:

I chose to miss it. Need to put that $800 back into my savings I spent in January. It will probably take me a year.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I saw the same exact thing last night, and it was also from Mouieix. When it happened once, I thought, oh maybe he edited the post after posting it... but a 2nd time, I'm wondering what sorta hell is up with the software.

Andria

Might be because I was posting from my phone. My fingers are too big for the little "like" button apparently, and I hit "reply" instead relatively often..
Sorry Andria!! All of your posts are eminently quotable, but I don't actually quote them all. :)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOOHOO!!!! Our fed tax refund will be deposited by May 4! New electric water heater, here we come!!!!

Andria

Andria (yes, I AM quoting your post :) ) Can you not use natural gas or propane? When I switched YEARS ago from electric to propane, ZOMG, my electric bill went down MUCH MUCH more than my propane bill went UP.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Andria (yes, I AM quoting your post :) ) Can you not use natural gas or propane? When I switched YEARS ago from electric to propane, ZOMG, my electric bill went down MUCH MUCH more than my propane bill went UP.

On demand hot water heaters can save you a bundle

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

We have a gas water heater right now... and everytime it comes on, I smell gas. I want that toxic shit OUTTA HERE!!!!!

It's entirely worth it to me to have a higher electric bill, and know that I won't expire in my sleep of CO poisoning -- at least, not when the furnace is off anyway.

Andria

ETA: it's an energy efficient model anyway... and we get a $150 rebate from our EMC, and will probably get a tax credit on next year's taxes.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We have a gas water heater right now... and everytime it comes on, I smell gas. I want that toxic shit OUTTA HERE!!!!!

It's entirely worth it to me to have a higher electric bill, and know that I won't expire in my sleep of CO poisoning -- at least, not when the furnace is off anyway.

Andria

ETA: it's an energy efficient model anyway... and we get a $150 rebate from our EMC, and will probably get a tax credit on next year's taxes.

You should only smell the gas if there is a leak. That is very dangerous

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should only smell the gas if there is a leak. That is very dangerous

That's why i want it outta here! the most dangerous thing an electric one will do is... not work!

My husband is currently hunting up a contractor to do the conversion for us... which is why we had to wait till we got the fed refund to go with our state refund, so we could afford it.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's why i want it outta here! the most dangerous thing an electric one will do is... not work!

My husband is currently hunting up a contractor to do the conversion for us... which is why we had to wait till we got the fed refund to go with our state refund, so we could afford it.

Andria

Yeah, that shit is never cheap, even if you do it all yourself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that shit is never cheap, even if you do it all yourself.

Well, we'll need a new 240v thing installed; the gas turned off at the water heater, and capped; the old heater removed, and the new one, which we'll buy ourselves, installed. so we need both an electrician and a plumber; it seems smartest to just get a contractor instead of parting it out -- a lot less headache.

Andria

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we'll need a new 240v thing installed; the gas turned off at the water heater, and capped; the old heater removed, and the new one, which we'll buy ourselves, installed. so we need both an electrician and a plumber; it seems smartest to just get a contractor instead of parting it out -- a lot less headache.

Andria
It's not a 240v thing, it's a 240v thingy damnit!:headbang::blowkiss:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's not a 240v thing, it's a 240v thingy damnit!:headbang::blowkiss:

I dunno if you remember it from the old tootle puffer thread, but the reason I'm even mentioning all this water heater schtuff is because it's been something we've wanted to do for over a year now -- last year got the TP thread almost completely sidetracked with all the whatnot about water heaters, and you know how THOSE mods were with off-topic schtuff! :rolleyes: :teehee: But I had to buy a new laptop last year so I could get rid of my outdated XP Pro box, and there wasn't enough $$ left over.... so it gets done this year! :slowclap: :giggle: Water heater, ho! And no, it's not pink... it says it's gray. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno if you remember it from the old tootle puffer thread, but the reason I'm even mentioning all this water heater schtuff is because it's been something we've wanted to do for over a year now -- last year got the TP thread almost completely sidetracked with all the whatnot about water heaters, and you know how THOSE mods were with off-topic schtuff! :rolleyes: :teehee: But I had to buy a new laptop last year so I could get rid of my outdated XP Pro box, and there wasn't enough $$ left over.... so it gets done this year! :slowclap: :giggle: Water heater, ho! And no, it's not pink... it says it's gray. :D

Andria
Andria....240V water heaters are fairly inexpensive if you look around, I had a 50 gallon installed for $450.00 including the water heater. They nail you with the labor cost. Friend of mine is a plumber, so he got it wholesale, hopefully you can find a plumber that won't rip you off. The retail price is more than double wholesale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors