Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Happy Vapeversary @roxynoodle!! 2nd best thing I've heard all day.

1st was my kitteh got a better bill of health today. (no offense, I just REALLY LOVE my kitteh)

Thank you, and I'm glad your kitteh is healthy :)

Pete is not feeling well, and will need to see his birdy doctor tomorrow. He's pissed right now because I made him eat 10ml of critical care formula.

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Based on what Mooch posted on Reddit (haven't read his ECF posts about it) the only good news is he said the drop off was so significant that they didn't have a chance to get hot...:facepalm:
I can't remember if it was Mooch or if it was from IMR's blog post about it, but one of them said that based on the tooling marks that these don't seem to be rewraps, they seem to have been genuinely manufactured on the same equipment as the legitimate batts.
Yes, more than likely Whoever is making these are Licensed to make produce LG's batteries. Here's a good link on how it is in the battery industry of creating fakes, it all makes Perfect sense! Can you identify a fake LG HG2 18650 Battery? – 18650 Battery | BATTERY BRO

Between this and the FDA shit Iv read too much today..

*Edited myself out here.. I admit the Government has me spinning!!!

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Including shipping, that's fairly comparable, since the VT TH Nic would be $25 plus $12 shipping, so $37... that sounds good! How is the pkging on ECX's nic these days? I bought it from them once, way back in 2014, and the pkging was horrible, it leaked inside the *single* ziplock bag, I had to wear gloves just to get it out and clean it up. But I've heard they've improved on that pretty considerably?

I'm used to getting mine from VT, too, so I really can't say. I've heard from others, lately, that it's pretty good nic, so I'm hoping. Of the orders I've placed there in the last year, I've had no issues, but I haven't bought their nic in that time frame. TH I don't mind, I actually prefer it. I do want clean tasting nic.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Pete's eating :) He ate his mashed potatoes with his blood pressure meds an hour ago, so that was good. And now he's eating some more.

He's still going to the vet tomorrow, but if he's eating then hopefully he won't have to stay.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Where is everybody? Out shopping???
I think we're all mentally drained after the lastest bombshell. Oy...

Pete's eating :) He ate his mashed potatoes with his blood pressure meds an hour ago, so that was good. And now he's eating some more.

He's still going to the vet tomorrow, but if he's eating then hopefully he won't have to stay.
Oh I hope he keeps it up! I'll stay tuned to hear more about him tomorrow.

Still keeping my eye on the Bosco kitteh. The worst part of it was hearing, "I do think it is his middle ear, but we won't rule out a brain tumor." My kitteh is a tough "bird", lol. He's still walking around with his head tilted to the left, but he's no longer falling down with every other step he takes. Had me scared to death.

This is my goofball.

bosco laptop2.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think we're all mentally drained after the lastest bombshell. Oy...

Oh I hope he keeps it up! I'll stay tuned to hear more about him tomorrow.

Still keeping my eye on the Bosco kitteh. The worst part of it was hearing, "I do think it is his middle ear, but we won't rule out a brain tumor." My kitteh is a tough "bird", lol. He's still walking around with his head tilted to the left, but he's no longer falling down with every other step he takes. Had me scared to death.

This is my goofball.

View attachment 49993

What a beauty! I have my fingers crossed for you.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm used to getting mine from VT, too, so I really can't say. I've heard from others, lately, that it's pretty good nic, so I'm hoping. Of the orders I've placed there in the last year, I've had no issues, but I haven't bought their nic in that time frame. TH I don't mind, I actually prefer it. I do want clean tasting nic.

Well the nic from ECX, I thought, was fine; it was just the shoddy pkging that I disliked... but I've been told that they pkg their nuicotine a lot better than they did when I ordered it in 2014.

To be honest, I really don't the first clue what nicotine *tastes* like -- the max I ever used was 10mg, and really haven't tasted anything that I thought was the nicotine itself. I've bought it from WizLabs, ECX, and then a real long spell from VT, their TH nic -- no real taste that I could detect -- then again, I use 25%-30% flavor because my tastebuds seem to be permanently comatose. :D Sometimes when I clean the syringe that I used for the nicotine, I get a very faint smell somewhat reminiscent of the 'wet ashtray' smell... but thankfully, it's VERY faint. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well the nic from ECX, I thought, was fine; it was just the shoddy pkging that I disliked... but I've been told that they pkg their nuicotine a lot better than they did when I ordered it in 2014.

To be honest, I really don't the first clue what nicotine *tastes* like -- the max I ever used was 10mg, and really haven't tasted anything that I thought was the nicotine itself. I've bought it from WizLabs, ECX, and then a real long spell from VT, their TH nic -- no real taste that I could detect -- then again, I use 25%-30% flavor because my tastebuds seem to be permanently comatose. :D Sometimes when I clean the syringe that I used for the nicotine, I get a very faint smell somewhat reminiscent of the 'wet ashtray' smell... but thankfully, it's VERY faint. :)

Andria

I get that occasionally. Do you still get it after stopping WTA? I always thought that is what made that because I never noticed it before I started adding it to my nic.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's the nic itself that sometimes gives me that faint odor. I always thought WTA smelled like nicotine mixed with acetyl pyrazine, kinda "nutty" almost.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's good nic, lol. I've had some I could definitely taste when I was vaping 12mg. Right now I'm at around 9mg. Next base mix I whip up I'm dropping it again.

When I first got my 1st Achilles last spring, I immediately dropped from 10mg to 9mg, and also cut the wattage a little, a watt or two, because the TH from that RDA is just outstanding... then as it got into autumn last year, cooler weather, I started dropping 1mg at a time, about monthly-ish... and really never noticed any difference, except the TH got lighter; I was already using FA Flash to pump up the TH, so I just started adding more of it. :D Been around 5mg since about December, and I guess in light of this bullshit from the FDA, I ought to start dropping it slowly again, to get down to 3mg and park it there. And I probably will go ahead and get another liter of nic, though I'm kinda stumped on how I'm gonna fit it into the freezer with the 2L that's already there, and all the food. :D

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I first got my 1st Achilles last spring, I immediately dropped from 10mg to 9mg, and also cut the wattage a little, a watt or two, because the TH from that RDA is just outstanding... then as it got into autumn last year, cooler weather, I started dropping 1mg at a time, about monthly-ish... and really never noticed any difference, except the TH got lighter; I was already using FA Flash to pump up the TH, so I just started adding more of it. :D Been around 5mg since about December, and I guess in light of this bullshit from the FDA, I ought to start dropping it slowly again, to get down to 3mg and park it there. And I probably will go ahead and get another liter of nic, though I'm kinda stumped on how I'm gonna fit it into the freezer with the 2L that's already there, and all the food. :D

Andria
That's kind of where I am, but it was suggested to me to keep this full bottle in there as is, since I'll have room for a bottle. I usually split it all up into 100ml bottles, but will try not to till I have more room. Nic is important, but food is too!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's kind of where I am, but it was suggested to me to keep this full bottle in there as is, since I'll have room for a bottle. I usually split it all up into 100ml bottles, but will try not to till I have more room. Nic is important, but food is too!

Juice is like food to me, and that is no joke, even if it is kinda funny.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY, everyone! I'm still fuming and depressed since all the crap from yesterday. I figure I have a few months to stock up as much as I can afford.

Good morning, James, Hank and Atcha! James, I'll see you a little later :D.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and GFY, everyone! I'm still fuming and depressed since all the crap from yesterday. I figure I have a few months to stock up as much as I can afford.

Good morning, James, Hank and Atcha! James, I'll see you a little later :D.

What time do you think ya'll will make it there? Also, which dealership is it? You can PM me if you like.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What time do you think ya'll will make it there? Also, which dealership is it? You can PM me if you like.
I'll text you in a bit, my phone's on the charger. We plan on trying to get there at around the 6:30 time frame. They close at 7. Oh, I found it. It's Jeff Haas Mazda,11222 Katy Fwy. It'll take us an hour and 10 or 15 minutes from here, and I'll call you when we leave here.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll text you in a bit, my phone's on the charger. We plan on trying to get there at around the 6:30 time frame. They close at 7. Oh, I found it. It's Jeff Haas Mazda,11222 Katy Fwy. It'll take us an hour and 10 or 15 minutes from here, and I'll call you when we leave here.

That will work buddy! Look forward to seeing you and Pili!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, GYFE & hugs all around. Awaiting my stipend funds to be paid out. Then, I think Kanger Dripbox, maybe a Velocity mini clone. Probably not hurt to grab a few sets of 18650s. Also need to get a spare part for a weed eater.

Get medicines, coffee, feed critters, write. Yay. :)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning, friends, and a happy TGIFGFY!

I'm not going to get too worked up yet. Monday we knew FDA was an acronym for Fucking Dumb Asses, and yesterday they reaffirmed.

Elections are coming. Not the best time for politicos to be letting bureaucrats pissed off the electorate.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And a cordial GFYs to all ma peeps on this lervely Friday morning. Whew, still morning, for 40 more minutes. :D

As for the FDA, fucking is much too good for them; I invite them to stick a red hot branding iron up their collective ass.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably wrong thread but fuck it, fuggies are helpful, or can be.

Got a problem with using ejuiceme up with Wine under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus). Not sure I'm installing the ejuice me up correctly. Not sure of much beyond the link it creates when clicked produces a dialog box. "No Windows Program Associated To Open This". The plethora of documentation seems daunting to wade through to figure out WTH I need to do to get this functional. Help, please?

I let Wine set up as all default if that's of any help. The Wine Tricks application does not let me see Ejuiceme up, even if I move it to the default cache directory under $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program_Files/ .

* goes to look at more docs on it *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors