Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
top of the morning - and happy friday, y'all :)

actually slept in a bit, got the critters all wrangled... off to do some non-wage compensated adulting...

Good mornin and happy Friday, Doc! Vaping on some Iguana Snake Venom atm. Goooood. Heading up to the Mother Ship (Ahlusion) to get my 2nd from last upgrade 3 10mls to 60mls for free dealio. WOOT! On the bike! Damn, life is good...

Good morning Roxy, Wheeler, Andria, Lucy, Atchafalaya, Always, Huck & Whiskey, Hank, Vesuv, Gas Man, Inspects, Morley! Damn, good crowd in here today!! Off to shenaniganate awhile. Happy Friday all!

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably wrong thread but fuck it, fuggies are helpful, or can be.

Got a problem with using ejuiceme up with Wine under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus). Not sure I'm installing the ejuice me up correctly. Not sure of much beyond the link it creates when clicked produces a dialog box. "No Windows Program Associated To Open This". The plethora of documentation seems daunting to wade through to figure out WTH I need to do to get this functional. Help, please?

I let Wine set up as all default if that's of any help. The Wine Tricks application does not let me see Ejuiceme up, even if I move it to the default cache directory under $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program_Files/ .

* goes to look at more docs on it *
ack - can't help on the linux angle, as i am running mine on winders...

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good mornin and happy Friday, Doc! Vaping on some Iguana Snake Venom atm. Goooood. Heading up to the Mother Ship (Ahlusion) to get my 2nd from last upgrade 3 10mls to 60mls for free dealio. WOOT! On the bike! Damn, life is good...

Good morning Roxy, Wheeler, Andria, Lucy, Atchafalaya, Always, Huck & Whiskey, Hank, Vesuv, Gas Man, Inspects, Morley! Damn, good crowd in here today!! Off to shenaniganate awhile. Happy Friday all!
travel safe, brother!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's really the main issue I have with switching to some flavor of Linux -- sure it's better than winblows, almost anything would be... but when you need to talk to someone about some issue with your OS? good luck! With Winblows, there's a multitude of folks who've already had that problem and figured out some way around it. :D Just google it up, and it's usually there, somewhere.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Fair enough, we all use what we use. Seems though this would be something rather simple. Probably is. I am likely missing a dot somewhere. *chuckles* Wife can usually point out missing dots but she wouldn't be sure in this case. She uses Linux as well, but not Wine. Her silliness is to dual boot, uses Linux & Winders.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Mornin Moo!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's really the main issue I have with switching to some flavor of Linux -- sure it's better than winblows, almost anything would be... but when you need to talk to someone about some issue with your OS? good luck! With Winblows, there's a multitude of folks who've already had that problem and figured out some way around it. :D Just google it up, and it's usually there, somewhere.

Andria

Well the documentation is there, darling. There's forums for it as well. Rather not have to spend all day, all week looking for what is probably a simple explanation. I know some here & ECF both use EjuiceMeUp and some even on Linux. Figured, well, ... maybe someone else has had similar problem, can steer me to a solution. Kind of a keeping it simple logic process. If need be though I'll just online recipes and converter/calculators. Might have been nice to use Ejuice Me up but what the hay.

dems86

Member For 4 Years
It's raining here too, but I gotta get up and go to the mail box today cuz HTC10 is getting delivered...so no napping for me, I'm gonna unlocking bootloaders, flashing TWRP, and achieving s-off with Sunshine BABAY!!!

Got me a nice Vape going today too :p

dd195ffff2e3a0d3e548c2fa54de075d.jpg
3a6c89be3cc7fe4f4e5aaa7a6d9a6895.jpg
9650770663f107e0fdad325c1551ce5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well the documentation is there, darling. There's forums for it as well. Rather not have to spend all day, all week looking for what is probably a simple explanation. I know some here & ECF both use EjuiceMeUp and some even on Linux. Figured, well, ... maybe someone else has had similar problem, can steer me to a solution. Kind of a keeping it simple logic process. If need be though I'll just online recipes and converter/calculators. Might have been nice to use Ejuice Me up but what the hay.

I've always used DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors With Nicotine Plus PG/VG Adjusting -- it's online, so your recipes get stored online; what I liked about it when I first started is how it lets you use a pre-made ejuice as a "flavor" -- it lets you set a nic level and PG/VG ratio for every single item in the recipe, not just a blanket nic level and PG/VG -- which was a godsend when I was using WTA.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's raining here too, but I gotta get up and go to the mail box today cuz HTC10 is getting delivered...so no napping for me, I'm gonna unlocking bootloaders, flashing TWRP, and achieving s-off with Sunshine BABAY!!!

Great mod!!! Not just the wrap, the shape! Love it!!!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Drooool

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've always used DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors With Nicotine Plus PG/VG Adjusting -- it's online, so your recipes get stored online; what I liked about it when I first started is how it lets you use a pre-made ejuice as a "flavor" -- it lets you set a nic level and PG/VG ratio for every single item in the recipe, not just a blanket nic level and PG/VG -- which was a godsend when I was using WTA.

Andria

So, about yon then? [ http://*****/WWqBre ] - 18% Nicotine in 41%PG/41%VG Base

Or yon way if the bloody buffer does nay accept short urls?

[ https://ecigvape.com/ss?i=3&sfx=18%...10981&s=06kZZz&ra=1&rv=0&rm=1&g=Calculate#anc ] - 18% Nicotine in 41%PG/41%VG Base

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Since there are asterisks in that link, I have no idea what you just asked. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well.. I clicked that longer link... but I still have no idea what you're asking. It's really not a recipe, since there are no flavors or ingredients listed except the PG/VG and nicotine.

Mine look like this...
recipepage.jpg

Andria

ETA: I never use drops, since that "20 drops" is wildly inaccurate.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since there are asterisks in that link, I have no idea what you just asked. :D

Andria

I got it sorted, and am quite sorted too. :) The first link with asterisks in won't fucktion on this forum software. The second link will work here. It points to the recipe, simple as it is, I made for a simple base juice. That's unflavored "50PG/50VG" at 1.8mg nicotine per 1ml.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well.. I clicked that longer link... but I still have no idea what you're asking. It's really not a recipe, since there are no flavors or ingredients listed except the PG/VG and nicotine.

Mine look like this...
View attachment 50032

Andria

Ja, I was just trying it out and wanted an unflavored base. Easy to go from unflavored to flavored then, just figure your flavor percentages, add up, get that sum and subtract from your target size. For example I need about 15% for my flavors, or 1.5ml if I'm doing the decimal correctly, and my target is a 30ml bottle, so I could fudge and use 28ml of base, add flavors, shake and vape.

Being more accurate, could use 28.5ml of base if flavors were required to be 1.5ml.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That is gorgeous. You really shouldn't carry it around outside, it might get damaged. Due to your negligence of it, I, an officer of the Vape Protective Services hereby order you to relinquish that vape to my custody. I will arrange for it to be placed with a worthy "foster family" (AKA myslef) where it won't be subject to such abuse.

Hey, it was worth a try, right?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably wrong thread but fuck it, fuggies are helpful, or can be.

Got a problem with using ejuiceme up with Wine under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus). Not sure I'm installing the ejuice me up correctly. Not sure of much beyond the link it creates when clicked produces a dialog box. "No Windows Program Associated To Open This". The plethora of documentation seems daunting to wade through to figure out WTH I need to do to get this functional. Help, please?

I let Wine set up as all default if that's of any help. The Wine Tricks application does not let me see Ejuiceme up, even if I move it to the default cache directory under $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program_Files/ .

* goes to look at more docs on it *

ejuicemeup was a bit of a pain to use but I got it working using playonlinux. Once I got it to work, I found I didnt like it that much and been using ejuicerecipes.com instead.

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good afternoon all and GFY. Got 2 liters of 100mg on order to stash in the freezer when it gets here (MFS). G2 arrived yesterday; didn't have time to get it running. Heading in to work in a couple hours till 11 tonight. I'm a nooner; like a morner, just not sooner.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ejuicemeup was a bit of a pain to use but I got it working using playonlinux. Once I got it to work, I found I didnt like it that much and been using ejuicerecipes.com instead.

Kind of what I figure will be my situation as well. Wife suggested I use on the dummy phones she leaves here for me to use ejuicemep on it, save the recipes as text, email myself. Probably do the same on online applications.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ja, I was just trying it out and wanted an unflavored base. Easy to go from unflavored to flavored then, just figure your flavor percentages, add up, get that sum and subtract from your target size. For example I need about 15% for my flavors, or 1.5ml if I'm doing the decimal correctly, and my target is a 30ml bottle, so I could fudge and use 28ml of base, add flavors, shake and vape.

Being more accurate, could use 28.5ml of base if flavors were required to be 1.5ml.

You only use one flavor? I guess that's the source of my confusion then; to me, one flavor isn't a recipe -- it's one brick of a house. :D

The only thing I would change about that ecigvape interface is that I wish it would let me specify going to just 2 decimal places; .01 of an ingredient I can handle with 1ml syringes, but 3 decimal places is just overkill. Even my smallest test bottles (5ml) don't need to be THAT exact. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning and a happy GFY to yall.

A bit of a rant. Why I never liked using Windows and prefered Linux. I bought this computer brand new from a store last weekend. It came with Win10 and I havent been able to get linux to install yet but I also havent invested that much time in trying yet. Too busy playing with it instead. BUT, the last couple days I noticed I click on something, like the like button here and an ad window would pop up. What the fuck I would think, but maybe its VU doing it. This morning an ad window would open up and not let me close it for 15 seconds. Sumptin going on here.... downloaded malwarebytes and ran a scan. Now remember, this PC is around 5 days old. Brand spankin new. The scan found 959 threats on it. With linux that would of never happened. Yall know there is no such thing as anti virus software for linux, because it is virtually impossible to have a virus on linux. Malware dont happen.
OK, rant over.....

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

If you did a dual boot with something like Linux mint, it wont take long that you seldom use windows again and there is a huge community of helpful peeps for it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

A bit of a rant. Why I never liked using Windows and prefered Linux. I bought this computer brand new from a store last weekend. It came with Win10 and I havent been able to get linux to install yet but I also havent invested that much time in trying yet. Too busy playing with it instead. BUT, the last couple days I noticed I click on something, like the like button here and an ad window would pop up. What the fuck I would think, but maybe its VU doing it. This morning an ad window would open up and not let me close it for 15 seconds. Sumptin going on here.... downloaded malwarebytes and ran a scan. Now remember, this PC is around 5 days old. Brand spankin new. The scan found 959 threats on it. With linux that would of never happened. Yall know there is no such thing as anti virus software for linux, because it is virtually impossible to have a virus on linux. Malware dont happen.
OK, rant over.....

You're right, it can be a real problem with any version of win on a new PC; I always have to spend a few weeks with a new PC, uninstalling and deactivating useless crap, before it's very useful to me as a "real PC". And I always get Spyware Terminator installed right off the mark, to find all the useless spyware that's ALWAYS present.

Since I made a big jump in versions this time, from XP Pro to Win 8.1, I also had to familiarize myself with all the different changes -- just tracking down how to have a command prompt, or even a normal desktop instead of that useless screen with all the blocks on it, and definitely how to deactivate that annoying virtual keyboard that would open everytime I hit a text blank. :mad: I use that page with the blocks for exactly one thing -- the restart/turn off/update button -- I like how using that particular button gives you the choice of restarting or turning off, with or without updating. Other than that, everytime it starts up and gets to that screen, I just hit the big "desktop" block I setup. There's still one thing I'd like to track down but haven't yet -- how to deactivate those sillyass "charms" that pop everytime I hit the bottom-right corner. At some point they'll annoy me enough to find that deactivation rather than proceeding with my usual crap.

Andria

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I just had a discussion with one of the women I work with that left me scratching my head. She was talking about cars and said something about how the rear end looked on an Impala. I said I never pay attention to rear ends, I'm more interested in front ends, particularly how the headlights look. She rolled her eyes at me, shook her head, and in a tone of voice usually reserved for when our boss makes a perverted comment she said she shoulda known I'd say that.
So, my question is, why the eye roll, head shake, and tone of voice over a simple comment about cars?

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're right, it can be a real problem with any version of win on a new PC; I always have to spend a few weeks with a new PC, uninstalling and deactivating useless crap, before it's very useful to me as a "real PC". And I always get Spyware Terminator installed right off the mark, to find all the useless spyware that's ALWAYS present.

Since I made a big jump in versions this time, from XP Pro to Win 8.1, I also had to familiarize myself with all the different changes -- just tracking down how to have a command prompt, or even a normal desktop instead of that useless screen with all the blocks on it, and definitely how to deactivate that annoying virtual keyboard that would open everytime I hit a text blank. :mad: I use that page with the blocks for exactly one thing -- the restart/turn off/update button -- I like how using that particular button gives you the choice of restarting or turning off, with or without updating. Other than that, everytime it starts up and gets to that screen, I just hit the big "desktop" block I setup. There's still one thing I'd like to track down but haven't yet -- how to deactivate those sillyass "charms" that pop everytime I hit the bottom-right corner. At some point they'll annoy me enough to find that deactivation rather than proceeding with my usual crap.

Andria
OK, you won't like my answer, but best way to get rid of the annoying charms is upgrade to Windows 10.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

OK, rant over.....
Never tried Linux, but I'm sure thinking about it now. I have an older laptop I could sacrifice if I screw something up.....:gaah:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I certainly agree,....Windows 10 is much better than 8.
Wasn't a fan of 8 or 8.1, but I think with 10 they fixed alot of the mistakes of 8, and to me it feels like it performs better as well. Still don't like how hard they made it for someone who knows what they are doing to change things, but I admit that by hiding alot of the stuff I'm used to playing with that they did make it harder for certain friends and family to screw things up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't a fan of 8 or 8.1, but I think with 10 they fixed alot of the mistakes of 8, and to me it feels like it performs better as well. Still don't like how hard they made it for someone who knows what they are doing to change things, but I admit that by hiding alot of the stuff I'm used to playing with that they did make it harder for certain friends and family to screw things up.

hahahahahaha......:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I guess if a PC is communal, that's a good idea -- but it wouldn't work for me at all, because NOBODY uses my PC but ME. I even have my mouse buttons switched, which is comfy for me, but sure plays hell with anyone who isn't expecting it. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You only use one flavor? I guess that's the source of my confusion then; to me, one flavor isn't a recipe -- it's one brick of a house. :D

The only thing I would change about that ecigvape interface is that I wish it would let me specify going to just 2 decimal places; .01 of an ingredient I can handle with 1ml syringes, but 3 decimal places is just overkill. Even my smallest test bottles (5ml) don't need to be THAT exact. :D

Andria

Okay here let me walk this out better.

Target Bottle: 30ml

Base juice of: 1.8mg nicotine per 1ml of a mixing of 41%Pg & 41%Vg ------ Total of Base: 28.5ml

Flavor A: 5% or 0.50ml

Flavor B: 5% or 0.50ml

Flavor C: 5% or 0.50ml

Total Flavoring: 15% or 1.5ml

Total Juice: Base + Flavor = 30ml The Base is 28.5ml add in the flavor of 1.5ml you get 30ml

You can add whatever flavors, at whatever percentage. You're just subtracting that percentage from whatever your target bottle/container holds. So if you were doing the above at say 100ml if I'm doing the maths properly your Flavor at 15% would be 15ml and your Base would be 85ml or 85%. I'm using simple figures but the same basic formula works for any case. You could have 5 flavors each at 3% or .30 so long as you added to 15%. You could even use 20% as your Flavor baseline, or 10% but do as many flavors you want to build the Flavor. Once you have a base juice, you can then keep it fairly simple.

1. Subtract your Flavor % from your Target.
2. Get the Base amount you need and put it into Target.
3. Build your Flavor, add to Target with Base already in it.
4. shake to mix.
5. Steep if desired.
6. Vape.

From what I understand this is a process similarly used by at least one reputable juice vendor.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Okay here let me walk this out better.

Target Bottle: 30ml

Base juice of: 1.8mg nicotine per 1ml of a mixing of 41%Pg & 41%Vg ------ Total of Base: 28.5ml

Flavor A: 5% or 0.50ml

Flavor B: 5% or 0.50ml

Flavor C: 5% or 0.50ml

Total Flavoring: 15% or 1.5ml

Total Juice: Base + Flavor = 30ml The Base is 28.5ml add in the flavor of 1.5ml you get 30ml

You can add whatever flavors, at whatever percentage. You're just subtracting that percentage from whatever your target bottle/container holds. So if you were doing the above at say 100ml if I'm doing the maths properly your Flavor at 15% would be 15ml and your Base would be 85ml or 85%. I'm using simple figures but the same basic formula works for any case. You could have 5 flavors each at 3% or .30 so long as you added to 15%. You could even use 20% as your Flavor baseline, or 10% but do as many flavors you want to build the Flavor. Once you have a base juice, you can then keep it fairly simple.

1. Subtract your Flavor % from your Target.
2. Get the Base amount you need and put it into Target.
3. Build your Flavor, add to Target with Base already in it.
4. shake to mix.
5. Steep if desired.
6. Vape.

From what I understand this is a process similarly used by at least one reputable juice vendor.

UGH! I REFUSE! To do that much math, when ejuice calculators exist!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Exactly. LOL But at least you need to understand the basics of what you think you're doing. Hehe. :)

At least I do. :)

The only basics I need to know are: it contains PG/VG, nicotine, and flavors; I have to have 85% PG; and my nic level is around 5mg -- other than that, I enter flavor percentages in the calculator and let it do the work it's meant to do.

I created that recipe myself, because every other strawberry & cream recipe I looked at contained ingredients with diketones, which I prefer not to use at all if i can help it, or ingredients that I didn't have, or they called for long steeps which I mostly refuse to consider. Suggestions on percentages of the shisha strawberry ran from 2%-4%, but when I tried 4% and even 8%, all it tasted was "thin" -- so I used the technique I'd learned in the TFA thread at ECF, of using half main flavor, half supporting flavors, and going somewhat over 25% flavoring -- after first mixing it, it needed just a little tweaking -- I had a bit too much DX Bavarian -- but other than that, it was my first fully-from-scratch recipe and was a terrific success -- it's still my ADV, after more than 16 months.

But math? NO FUCKING THANK YOU!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors