pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey Paul,

I'd just email a copy of the manufacturers warranty and say very sorry charley

Sounds good to me! Oh, and hi, Lucy!
I'm the same way. But I'm also so absolutely stubborn when it comes to fixing things, that I'd find a way to fix it myself

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Stuart, that's cool, but you can only do so much. You can't fix stupid. Now, if I f/u'd something I bought from you, I might ask if there's anything that could be done with it, and if you offered to take a look at it and possibly fix it, that would be great, but I'd also expect to pay for your time doing it, too. I've just seen this sort of crap on other threads where someone did something totally boneheaded and demanded the seller do something with the crappy merchandise they were selling.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good to me! Oh, and hi, Lucy!

Stuart, that's cool, but you can only do so much. You can't fix stupid. Now, if I f/u'd something I bought from you, I might ask if there's anything that could be done with it, and if you offered to take a look at it and possibly fix it, that would be great, but I'd also expect to pay for your time doing it, too. I've just seen this sort of crap on other threads where someone did something totally boneheaded and demanded the seller do something with the crappy merchandise they were selling.

I was thinking the same thing as Paul here and agree 100%.

It seems there is a sliver of the vaping population that thrives on playing small vape suppliers - some even use veiled threats to tarnish your name online if you don't give in to their BS demands.

I say screw that, BIG TIME.

It only encourages them if you bend too much. There is a huge difference between giving stellar customer service and getting run into the ground by unscrupulous buyers. Or even ones that are just clueless and think you need to pay for their mistakes or lack of care.

Last edited:

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

It seems their is a sliver of the vaping population that thrives on playing small vape suppliers - some even use veiled threats to tarnish your name online if you don't give in to their BS demands.

It only encourages them if you bend too much. There is a huge difference between giving stellar customer service and getting run into the ground by unscrupulous buyers. Or even ones that are just clueless and think you need to pay for their mistakes or lack of care.
amen.

that kind of behavior tends to indicate an integrity shortage on the part of the consumer...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just watched Z Nation season 2 episode 4..... Batch 54...... A group of Colorado Vapers are creating a new ejuice and herb to Vape and it's grown on zombie compost...... Just guys Vaping, killing zombies and running tests with different herbs on zombie heads....... Pretty cool apocalyptic shit.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

It seems their is a sliver of the vaping population that thrives on playing small vape suppliers - some even use veiled threats to tarnish your name online if you don't give in to their BS demands.

Yeah, it's a very fine line. I ended up helping the customer get it working, so that particular situation was taken care of. But I've dealt with my fair share of people that blame me for amateur type mistakes on vape stuff. If there's something wrong with something we sell, I'll fight tooth and nail to make it right, but it's a much more difficult situation when the product is fine but the user made a mistake. In those cases I'm more than willing to spend my time trying to help still though. But there's going to be the rare few that don't want to fix it or get it working. They just want it free I guess.

As for people threatening our reputation unless we give them free stuff, the best I can do there is prove to our real customers that we care about customer service, and deal with the negative review or whatever. Thankfully though ebay has rules against review blackmail

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's a very fine line. I ended up helping the customer get it working, so that particular situation was taken care of. But I've dealt with my fair share of people that blame me for amateur type mistakes on vape stuff. If there's something wrong with something we sell, I'll fight tooth and nail to make it right, but it's a much more difficult situation when the product is fine but the user made a mistake. In those cases I'm more than willing to spend my time trying to help still though. But there's going to be the rare few that don't want to fix it or get it working. They just want it free I guess.

As for people threatening our reputation unless we give them free stuff, the best I can do there is prove to our real customers that we care about customer service, and deal with the negative review or whatever. Thankfully though ebay has rules against review blackmail
Well, there's a few customers here who know better. There are always those who want stuff for free, though. I don't have much regard for those kinds of people.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, but the implied threat scares a lot of sellers.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fortunately, there aren't that many of those scumbags doing this, and those who do are usually caught onto pretty quickly and word spread about them. Stuart, just keep up the great customer service, and don't let them take advantage of you. Do what you like about trying to fix things, but shine on the others.

Folks, I've had a long weekend and just got back into town this afternoon and I'm trashed. I'm heading off to bed and get ready for a rough day at work tomorrow.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Fortunately, there aren't that many of those scumbags doing this, and those who do are usually caught onto pretty quickly and word spread about them. Stuart, just keep up the great customer service, and don't let them take advantage of you. Do what you like about trying to fix things, but shine on the others.

Folks, I've had a long weekend and just got back into town this afternoon and I'm trashed. I'm heading off to bed and get ready for a rough day at work tomorrow.

See ya buddy. Hope it's not as shitty as you think :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just reading Stuarts posts regarding customer service. Not knowing Stu personally, it's fairly easy to assume he's a good down to earth guy, not out to take advantage of anyone.

Been in service oriented businesses for the last 30 years, it's enjoyable, but like any business, there is always a clown in the crowd....you learn to separate the chaff from the straw.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FINALLY got that nicotine into the freezer. Think I've got about 2.5 liters now; probably have time to acquire another half-liter before Aug 8. Now I can sit down with the ecigvape site and try to work out a recipe for the vanilla wafer vape I've been thinking of all day.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I found another reject juice from last January when I was doing flavor inventory yesterday.

It's fantastic now - but I hated it when I made it. Juicy fruit gum - it's actually tasty as all get out, if you like juicy fruit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found another reject juice from last January when I was doing flavor inventory yesterday.

It's fantastic now - but I hated it when I made it. Juicy fruit gum - it's actually tasty as all get out, if you like juicy fruit.

Oooooh yum, I love juicy fruit! Hated how fast the flavor died though! Would be gtreat to vape it, and never lose flavor! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bet one of the flavors is banana.... if you slice up a ripe banana on cheerios and pour milk on it... it smells EXACTLY like juicy fruit gum. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's TFA bubble gum flavor with a picture of generic juicy fruit label

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's TFA bubble gum flavor with a picture of generic juicy fruit label

I think it would be good with other fruit flavors added. I'm going to try it with a little candy watermelon in it next.

The gum flavor part is really nice. For my tastebuds anyway.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think it would be good with other fruit flavors added. I'm going to try it with a little candy watermelon in it next.

The gum flavor part is really nice. For my tastebuds anyway.
CRAP! I had all my flavors picked out to hop on the diy train, and I forgot to finish the checkout....damnit...

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Was just reading Stuarts posts regarding customer service. Not knowing Stu personally, it's fairly easy to assume he's a good down to earth guy, not out to take advantage of anyone.

Been in service oriented businesses for the last 30 years, it's enjoyable, but like any business, there is always a clown in the crowd....you learn to separate the chaff from the straw.
Yeah it just comes with the territory. I worked for a little over a year as a night shift at a hotel. It was a hundred room hotel and from 11pm-7am, I was the only person there. If I can handle that place during rodeo convention week, I can handle the occasional jerk online that wants to take advantage. Because that place was more like 80% people trying to take advantage. I'd also rather be homeless than work there again. Oh man the stories I have from that place would blow your mind.

As long as our real customers say hey, that Stuart guy was helpful, I'm happy

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it just comes with the territory. I worked for a little over a year as a night shift at a hotel. It was a hundred room hotel and from 11pm-7am, I was the only person there. If I can handle that place during rodeo convention week, I can handle the occasional jerk online that wants to take advantage. Because that place was more like 80% people trying to take advantage. I'd also rather be homeless than work there again. Oh man the stories I have from that place would blow your mind.

As long as our real customers say hey, that Stuart guy was helpful, I'm happy

I hear you.....:cuss2:

................:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CRAP! I had all my flavors picked out to hop on the diy train, and I forgot to finish the checkout....damnit...

I have another order from nude nicotine sitting in the checkout basket....trying to decide whether I need another 240 bucks worth of nic...:rolleyes:

Love their flavor concentrates though, damn good....:vino:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have another order from nude nicotine sitting in the checkout basket....trying to decide whether I need another 240 bucks worth of nic...:rolleyes:

Love their flavor concentrates though, damn good....:vino:

I've never tried that brand but I hear it is outstanding

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A lot of people claim they won't vape anything else
I haven't tried anyone else, but I'm sure it's out there, much less cost too.

Juice...have you tried any of their flavors?

Personally, I find them absolutely delicious. Shake and vapes, all the concentrates are VG base, along with the 100% VG base nic, equals a squonkers dream. Clean joose, coils seem to last and last.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried anyone else, but I'm sure it's out there, much less cost too.

Juice...have you tried any of their flavors?

Personally, I find them absolutely delicious. Shake and vapes, all the concentrates are VG base, along with the 100% VG base nic, equals a squonkers dream. Clean joose, coils seem to last and last.

I haven't yet - might try a few someday. I remember looking at their site awhile back and I wasn't overly interested in the flavors they offered, but remember - I'm overly fussy.

Sounds ridiculous from someone who smoked nasty-ass cigarettes for so many decades, lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't yet - might try a few someday. I remember looking at their site awhile back and I wasn't overly interested in the flavors they offered, but remember - I'm overly fussy.

Sounds ridiculous from someone who smoked nasty-ass cigarettes for so many decades, lol
Being a vaper, allows one to be fussy.....:)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yesterday I stopped into a vape store while killing some time. The owner of the store was the only one there and we bullshitted for a while. Real cool guy. I asked him about forums and what not and on one level was surprised yet on another level knowing how people can be not really surprised. He was telling me he was familiar with ECF and VU and was on a lot of FB vape pages but stopped going to them. Many people was PMing him demanding free shit and threatening black mail for it by telling every how horrible his juice line was and crap like that if he didnt send them free shit.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well yesterdays goat fuck got a lot worse. I was suppose to go back there yesterday afternoon and a physical therapist would be working on my arm but that turned out to be pure bullshit. They had me doing a lot of shit an aviation mechanic would never do and they had me doing it in a warehouse that was 90 degrees and %100 humidity. After a few hours I started to get nauseated and they said I was extremely pale, with heart rate getting up there. I sat for a bit and then back at it doing more stupid shit. They had this wooden crate with cinder blocks on it and they measured 50 pounds pull on it. They wanted me to drag that 8 feet then push it back to the original position every 30 seconds for 20 times. I did it and that had the heart rate up to 159. 169 is the theoretical %100 rate for a male my age so they was pushing it. Went to the guys desk and was going to sit a minute while heart rate settled some and was told no, to go carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs and back down. I did that and started getting chest pains and that was a wrap!
Now I gotta go take a stress test....damnit :(

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well yesterdays goat fuck got a lot worse. I was suppose to go back there yesterday afternoon and a physical therapist would be working on my arm but that turned out to be pure bullshit. They had me doing a lot of shit an aviation mechanic would never do and they had me doing it in a warehouse that was 90 degrees and %100 humidity. After a few hours I started to get nauseated and they said I was extremely pale, with heart rate getting up there. I sat for a bit and then back at it doing more stupid shit. They had this wooden crate with cinder blocks on it and they measured 50 pounds pull on it. They wanted me to drag that 8 feet then push it back to the original position every 30 seconds for 20 times. I did it and that had the heart rate up to 159. 169 is the theoretical %100 rate for a male my age so they was pushing it. Went to the guys desk and was going to sit a minute while heart rate settled some and was told no, to go carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs and back down. I did that and started getting chest pains and that was a wrap!
That sucks

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not half as ridiculous as those with their "it's burns my throat" or "it makes me cough." I just raise one eyebrow when I hear that... "Really? And how many decades did you set fire to nasty ass weeds wrapped in paper and inhale the smoke?" :D I can honestly say, vaping has never made me cough, unless I somehow inhaled wrong (as I did sometimes with cigarettes too), and the only vape that has seemed too rough on my throat was 90% PG -- and I only felt that after vaping it for about a week. And I can't find anything "clean" about vaping a bunch of VG; anything over 15%-20% VG and it feels like there's a hairball the size of a basketball embedded in my lungs that WILL NOT cough free. And those who can tell one nicotine from another must be drinking it, or maybe vaping 24-36mg, because at 4-10mg, I've never smelled nor tasted the slightest difference between WizLabs', ECX's, or VT's TH nic.

And hey g'mornin' y'all, and GFYs merrily, and some of yas with a hairbrush. I made myself get up early today, so I could actually get to that mixing I thought about all day yesterday and never did get to -- though I did work out an initial recipe to try for the Vanilla Wafer; only mixing it and tasting it will tell if it's any good or not.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really sucky. good luck.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
From the sounds of it, you already DID the damned stress test!! :gaah: :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure it quiet here today. I managed to look thru Amazon Prime's entire catalog of TV shows, and expected to come back to a huge backlog... and find 2 msgs. ????????

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not half as ridiculous as those with their "it's burns my throat" or "it makes me cough." I just raise one eyebrow when I hear that... "Really? And how many decades did you set fire to nasty ass weeds wrapped in paper and inhale the smoke?" :D I can honestly say, vaping has never made me cough, unless I somehow inhaled wrong (as I did sometimes with cigarettes too), and the only vape that has seemed too rough on my throat was 90% PG -- and I only felt that after vaping it for about a week. And I can't find anything "clean" about vaping a bunch of VG; anything over 15%-20% VG and it feels like there's a hairball the size of a basketball embedded in my lungs that WILL NOT cough free. And those who can tell one nicotine from another must be drinking it, or maybe vaping 24-36mg, because at 4-10mg, I've never smelled nor tasted the slightest difference between WizLabs', ECX's, or VT's TH nic.

And hey g'mornin' y'all, and GFYs merrily, and some of yas with a hairbrush. I made myself get up early today, so I could actually get to that mixing I thought about all day yesterday and never did get to -- though I did work out an initial recipe to try for the Vanilla Wafer; only mixing it and tasting it will tell if it's any good or not.

Andria

I would agree that "it's burns my throat" or "it makes me cough." is ridiculous but recently I have a tobacco vape and a chocolate vape that has been doing that exact same thing to me. The tanks I have the juices in I usually vape at around 50 watts but have turned these two flavors down to 35 watts and they still give me a burning sensation and make me cough after around 3 drags off them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would agree that "it's burns my throat" or "it makes me cough." is ridiculous but recently I have a tobacco vape and a chocolate vape that has been doing that exact same thing to me. The tanks I have the juices in I usually vape at around 50 watts but have turned these two flavors down to 35 watts and they still give me a burning sensation and make me cough after around 3 drags off them.

I think it probably makes more sense for this to happen to those of us who've been off cigarettes for some years, since we're not used to the irritation of inhaling smoke anymore. When newbies claim it, I think it's really more of an excuse for why they can't vape and really need to keep smoking -- good ol' rationalization. :D Or maybe they've been brainwashed into thinking that they REALLY NEED 18mg or more, so it's really no wonder that it burns their throat!

I've come to believe even more than I did at first, that nicotine really hasn't got much to do with this at all -- it's a fable concocted by BP to sell NRT, since those of us who've been off cigarettes for a while gradually self-moderate till we're using very little nicotine at all -- completely opposite of any other "addictive drug" I've EVER heard of, which requires INCREASING doses for the same effect, not decreasing.

I think vaping helps because it mimics the sensations and behaviors of smoking, not because it contains nicotine. And of course, vaping *does* offer the ability to vape the ACTUAL addictive substance of cigarettes: MAOIs, which can be gotten in WTA. Without that, I could never have stayed smoke-free long enough to truly break the addiction; weaning down from that stuff was hard, every step of the way, while I barely noticed the decrease in nicotine, other than in the TH.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What Doug said.

Did you ask what the "stress test" consists of?....perhaps carrying two cinder blocks in both arms up a stairway in a 10 story building?

Unreal, doc......:eek:

The stress test has to be done by an actual doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors