ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin folks. Still abusing that cloudnus, hope yall had a good Father's day. Saw my long lost brother for about an hour yesterday, so there's that..my family is weird...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Mine is too. Glad you saw him. :)
I'm home now. Gotta work a lot so catch ya'll this weekend.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The stress test has to be done by an actual doctor.
Me thinks it should have been done by a real doctor to begin with.

Dragging shit around and whatnot was something your company routinely asks of employees?

Sounds like they are asking for a possible lawsuit if someone got hurt doing all those bizarre pre-real-stress-test things.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, and GFY Fugees!

Many people was PMing him demanding free shit
Well he shoulda just sent the free shit then. I mean as long as he keeps eating he can keep making more shit, so if someone wants it why not give it to them.

On the subject of free shit, I gotta ask. Suppose you have a pissed off customer (in this case me) and you have admitted you screwed up and asked how you can fix it. My response was I don't think you can fix it. So you offer me a big discount on my next order. I turn it down, again saying I don't plan to buy from you again. If I've already turned down a huge discount and made it clear that I did so because I have no intention of buying from you again, would you still tell me you are going to send me free shit anyway? On the one hand now I feel like a dick if I don't buy from this company again, because he is trying to make up for screwing things up, but on the other hand I wasn't saying that in order to try to get free shit, I was saying it because I meant it.

And I just got the email of what he's sending, it adds up to twice the total of the order they screwed up on, and 8 times what the value of the screw up was. God damn it, now I'm gonna feel guilty about telling him I wasn't doing business with him again. Fucking customer service.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, and GFY Fugees!

Well he shoulda just sent the free shit then. I mean as long as he keeps eating he can keep making more shit, so if someone wants it why not give it to them.

On the subject of free shit, I gotta ask. Suppose you have a pissed off customer (in this case me) and you have admitted you screwed up and asked how you can fix it. My response was I don't think you can fix it. So you offer me a big discount on my next order. I turn it down, again saying I don't plan to buy from you again. If I've already turned down a huge discount and made it clear that I did so because I have no intention of buying from you again, would you still tell me you are going to send me free shit anyway? On the one hand now I feel like a dick if I don't buy from this company again, because he is trying to make up for screwing things up, but on the other hand I wasn't saying that in order to try to get free shit, I was saying it because I meant it.

And I just got the email of what he's sending, it adds up to twice the total of the order they screwed up on, and 8 times what the value of the screw up was. God damn it, now I'm gonna feel guilty about telling him I wasn't doing business with him again. Fucking customer service.
Those bastards!!! :cuss2:

(Apparently I'm in a ramblin mood today)

:D

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A ridge?!! You highfalutin, ridge top livin, smelly armpit havin, cinnamon bun juice makin, tootle wompin bastard.

I wanna live on a ridge :(
Ridges? Screw the ridges, I wanna be a smelly armpit havin, cinnamon bun juice makin, tootle wompin bastard. Well, 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Just gotta find a recipe for cinnamon bun juice now.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No worries I am on a ridge. Central KY will be underwater before it gets me.
I live on the ancient lake shore.
We need rain so bad...but thankfully I live on top of a big hill in the central part of Louisville, so a fairly flood vulnerable city is not an issue. Bring on the storms!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello, and GFY Fugees!

Obviously he's trying to manipulate you into feeling exactly that. My general feeling is, if you know you're being manipulated, maybe try one small order from him -- not a lot of $$ -- and see how it goes. Sometimes mistakes happen, and maybe he's trying to make up for that; one more small order might give him a chance to retrieve the situation. But if you do order one small thing for not a lot of $$, and he fucks up again.. then that would be that.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, we haven't exactly gotten along during the past 15 years, so it was pretty awkward. We couldn't possibly be any different and somehow were related

I *constantly* query fate regarding my mother having such an offspring as myself. We somewhat resemble in looks -- actually, we *both* look like her mother, though in slightly different ways, and my son looks JUST like my mom, though with much lighter hair. But our personalities and attitudes could not BE more different. I thought I was a changeling most of my life... until my son came out looking just like her. :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is always a wattage limit.
And depending on the atty, airflow, vaping style it will vary.
Just work you way up till you find your sweet spot. You might go over the first time and singe some cotton but that is part of the process. You learned the upper limit of that particular build in that atty.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good fucking afternoon & GFY! Was quite busy today. Got the Coppervape box tho.
d84b55ccf89f965e0f6ef74fd38be74d.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, and GFY Fugees!

People screw up, its a fact of life but I am impressed with how they handled it and am curious of who the company is. This is exactly what they was aiming for. They knew you was mad but now with their great customer service your not going to go online and plaster all over every vape forums how they suck. Instead your gonna share how they did fuck up but went over and beyond in trying to make up for it.
IMHO that is the kind of vape store I want to do business with. They know customer satisfaction will make or break them and from where I am sitting, thats the best kind of store there is. They actually care if your happy with your order.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Afternoon fugees. Just built my first build with ss flavor is great. Will pop back in later have questions like builds for mech mods using 24 Guage. And with the Claptons 28/2 40 is there a wattage or temp limit?
Wattage would go around 60-70, any more than that would be a bit much. There's no temp limit I would say that's down to your personal preference. I like around 450F.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anybody in here familiar with household electricity related questions Etc? I know it's totally off topic. Trying to help a friend out but they have an old house with old wiring and I don't want to start a fire in the process...

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good afternoon, Fugee's, and GFY. I hope you are all doing well.
Made it from S.E. Michigan to N.W. Iowa yesterday on the bike without event. Well, except some serious tanning, my GOD it was hot and bright.

But, Iron Butt award goes to my business partner and bestie. He met me here, riding NON STOP all the way from New Port Ritchie, FL. 1400+ miles without stops except food and fuel. I'm IMPRESSED!! Dayum....

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good afternoon, Fugee's, and GFY. I hope you are all doing well.
Made it from S.E. Michigan to N.W. Iowa yesterday on the bike without event. Well, except some serious tanning, my GOD it was hot and bright.

But, Iron Butt award goes to my business partner and bestie. He met me here, riding NON STOP all the way from New Port Ritchie, FL. 1400+ miles without stops except food and fuel. I'm IMPRESSED!! Dayum....
That is insane and really dangerous. I hope he was on a full bagger.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello, and GFY Fugees!

It's up to you whether or not you want to be a dick and not order from them again.

At least they are attempting to make it right if indeed you weren't the dick to begin with :giggle:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People screw up, its a fact of life but I am impressed with how they handled it and am curious of who the company is. This is exactly what they was aiming for. They knew you was mad but now with their great customer service your not going to go online and plaster all over every vape forums how they suck. Instead your gonna share how they did fuck up but went over and beyond in trying to make up for it.
IMHO that is the kind of vape store I want to do business with. They know customer satisfaction will make or break them and from where I am sitting, thats the best kind of store there is. They actually care if your happy with your order.
Well, I generally don't go around talking crap about any company at least by name on the internet. But I suppose many do, thus the previous 'blackmail' discussion.
You are right though, the guy I talked to was going out of his way to try to make up for it. I have my doubts about their ability to ship things properly (this started with me paying extra for one type of shipping and them using standard USPS anyway, though there is a bit more to it than that) but VaporBeast does seem to have excellent customer service.
I still feel a bit like he's trying to bribe me, when the value of the "care package" as he called it is more than the original order.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well yesterdays goat fuck got a lot worse. I was suppose to go back there yesterday afternoon and a physical therapist would be working on my arm but that turned out to be pure bullshit. They had me doing a lot of shit an aviation mechanic would never do and they had me doing it in a warehouse that was 90 degrees and %100 humidity. After a few hours I started to get nauseated and they said I was extremely pale, with heart rate getting up there. I sat for a bit and then back at it doing more stupid shit. They had this wooden crate with cinder blocks on it and they measured 50 pounds pull on it. They wanted me to drag that 8 feet then push it back to the original position every 30 seconds for 20 times. I did it and that had the heart rate up to 159. 169 is the theoretical %100 rate for a male my age so they was pushing it. Went to the guys desk and was going to sit a minute while heart rate settled some and was told no, to go carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs and back down. I did that and started getting chest pains and that was a wrap!
Now I gotta go take a stress test....damnit :(

Really bummed on your behalf :(

Employérs don't always return the loyalty you show them and you oftentimes pay twice when trying to do the right thing

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What's up?
So I'm trying to put a free standing air conditioner into an older house. It says on the package it requires a 15amp connection but the online specs puts it at using 9 amps. I'm just trying to figure out if it would be safe to use in a house with older wiring. The only other things on that circuit are a flat-screen tv, some lights, and a 2amp charger, and occasionally a playstation 4. I'm guessing it'll have roughly double the amp draw that the two large fans that are in there now would have

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I generally don't go around talking crap about any company at least by name on the internet. But I suppose many do, thus the previous 'blackmail' discussion.
You are right though, the guy I talked to was going out of his way to try to make up for it. I have my doubts about their ability to ship things properly (this started with me paying extra for one type of shipping and them using standard USPS anyway, though there is a bit more to it than that) but VaporBeast does seem to have excellent customer service.
I still feel a bit like he's trying to bribe me, when the value of the "care package" as he called it is more than the original order.

He is trying to bribe you - but what is wrong with that?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9 Amps is the running amps once it starts up. It will draw more than that when starting up.

also what sized wire and breaker for that circuit?
And how old is the house?
Also you might want to consider replacing that receptacle with a good quality new one. No one you get for around a dollar.

also just in case you do not know the AC must be vented out a window with hoses.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So, I'm supposed to meet up with someone I met on ECF a few months ago who actually made it all the way up to my neck of the woods.

Call for help if I don't get back tonight!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
9 Amps is the running amps once it starts up. It will draw more than that when starting up.

also what sized wire and breaker for that circuit?
And how old is the house?
Also you might want to consider replacing that receptacle with a good quality new one. No one you get for around a dollar.

also just in case you do not know the AC must be vented out a window with hoses.
Unfortunately I have no idea about the wire size or breaker size. The house is 1940s or so if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not clear on what upgrades have been made since then. It handles the load that's on it now very well, so it seems to me like we're talking about between 4-8 more amps being asked of it

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm trying to put a free standing air conditioner into an older house. It says on the package it requires a 15amp connection but the online specs puts it at using 9 amps. I'm just trying to figure out if it would be safe to use in a house with older wiring. The only other things on that circuit are a flat-screen tv, some lights, and a 2amp charger, and occasionally a playstation 4. I'm guessing it'll have roughly double the amp draw that the two large fans that are in there now would have

Most circuits in homes are 15A so it's just saying you need a normal circuit. 9 amps is ~1000W. A 15A circuit is capiable of ~1800W. The start up draw of a compressor is about double the running current so most likely that unit will blow the breaker if plugged in with all that other stuff. I would not use it. I recommend getting a smaller window unit. 5500btu units draw ~ 5A and would work better than the freestanding unit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most circuits in homes are 15A so it's just saying you need a normal circuit. 9 amps is ~1000W. A 15A circuit is capiable of ~1800W. The start up draw of a compressor is about double the running current so most likely that unit will blow the breaker if plugged in with all that other stuff. I would not use it. I recommend getting a smaller window unit. 5500btu units draw ~ 5A and would work better than the freestanding unit.
Agreed.
The freestanding units are not very good at all.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

As long at the wire size is 12 or larger not a problem I can think of.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed.
The freestanding units are not very good at all.
The fact that they exhaust interior air is a real problem. If they had a separate air hose to draw outside air to feed the evaporator coil it wouldn't be causing outside air to be drawn into the house through the cracks and they would work much better.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As long at the wire size is 12 or larger not a problem I can think of.
AC 1000W running 2000W startup
TV 200-400W
PlayStation 150W

That's ~ 1400W running. Startup ~2400W

If it's a modern 15A circuit it go pop. If it's an old screw type fuse you risk outlet failure

If it's new outlets and wire on a 20A /2200W run it's still close. I wouldn't risk it in a old house. Especially if the outlets are daisy chained from room to room.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
AC 1000W running 2000W startup
TV 200-400W
PlayStation 150W

That's ~ 1400W running. Startup ~2400W

If it's a modern 15A circuit it go pop. If it's an old screw type fuse you risk outlet failure

If it's new outlets and wire on a 20A /2200W run it's still close. I wouldn't risk it in a old house. Especially if the outlets are daisy chained from room to room.
The ps4 wouldn't be used when the ac is running most likely. It'd be the TV, a light, and the ac 99% of the time. Unfortunately a window unit isn't an option here. This is also the only electricity being used on this entire floor of the house. There has been six fans in there before, and from what I can tell those draw as much or more than the ac when all at max speed together. Is there any indicators we can count on before were talking about starting a fire? Like dimming lights during the compressor starting up, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors