Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It has me stressed out today, thats for sure.
As someone who has done two Stress/Echocardiogram tests, I will only say that the most incredulous thing is that after trying to kill you on the treadmill, they have you jump on the table for the ultrasound and, as you're panting and wheezing trying to catch your breath, you are asked to EXHALE AND HOLD IT so they can get the image they want.

It
Is
Almost
Freaking
Impossible
To
Do
!!!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Went nuts at nude nicotine, hopefully for the last time, 2000 mls of 100%....beleive that makes the stash close to three gallons.

Hate wondering what may happen if the regs are not changed. Perhaps it will become a rare commodity in this fucked up country.
Or it'll go the way of any commodity in history for which there is demand that has been outlawed...

Black market

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As someone who has done two Stress/Echocardiogram tests, I will only say that the most incredulous thing is that after trying to kill you on the treadmill, they have you jump on the table for the ultrasound and, as you're panting and wheezing trying to catch your breath, you are asked to EXHALE AND HOLD IT so they can get the image they want.

It
Is
Almost
Freaking
Impossible
To
Do
!!!

Was talking to a friend of mine who is a nurse and she was telling me it sounded like I was experiencing supraventricular tachycardia and they should of stopped when I first became nausea, that pushing me past that point was asking for a heart attack. I donno.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would have taken pics of her when she was shitfaced, and then shown them to her, asking if she really wanted pics of humans with problems. :D

Andria
THANK you for saying that! I should have recorded her screaming at the top of her lungs at me. I should have known better than to stay at her house. Even my son warned me. But she wanted me to stay there so she wouldn't have to drive alone to Houma. I love my sister but I'll never stay at her house again. It was just too weird seeing someone drunk rambling on about my vaping addiction flailing her arms in the air. I haven't slept hardly at all since.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

It
Is
Almost
Freaking
Impossible
To
Do
!!!
Yeah. It's not something I want to do again.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
THANK you for saying that! I should have recorded her screaming at the top of her lungs at me. I should have known better than to stay at her house. Even my son warned me. But she wanted me to stay there so she wouldn't have to drive alone to Houma. I love my sister but I'll never stay at her house again. It was just too weird seeing someone drunk rambling on about my vaping addiction flailing her arms in the air. I haven't slept hardly at all since.

Sorry to hear you had to go thru all that. I dont mind someone who is drunk as long as they dont want to talk to me three inches from my face, and i always enjoyed a happy drunk, they are lots of fun. I become a silent drunk when I am drinking and peeps dont even know I am in the room :D But a mean drunk I can not tolerate and it sounds like your sister is a mean drunk. :(

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats some ironic shit right there. Someone who drinks heavily giving you greaf about something that does much less damage if any at all.

Holding up a mirror would have made the situation worse unfortunately. :(

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear you had to go thru all that. I dont mind someone who is drunk as long as they dont want to talk to me three inches from my face, and i always enjoyed a happy drunk, they are lots of fun. I become a silent drunk when I am drinking and peeps dont even know I am in the room :D But a mean drunk I can not tolerate and it sounds like your sister is a mean drunk. :(
Thanks. Yes, she is a MEAN drunk. She can be a really mean person sober too. I knew I'd be in trouble as soon as I saw her with that drink. I don't know why people drink if they are going to get mean. It's ridiculous.
Thats some ironic shit right there. Someone who drinks heavily giving you greaf about something that does much less damage if any at all.
Holding up a mirror would have made the situation worse unfortunately. :(
She's the biggest hypocrite and you're right about the mirror. It would have made it worse. I told her to stop yelling and she got angry when I said that and actually put her fist up in my face. It was like watching one of those shows on tv where people are acting like total idiots. At least the bedroom door had a lock so I went in there and locked it. She screamed outside the door for about 5 minutes and then gave up and went to bed. I woke up early and took a taxi to the airport.I still feel ill over the whole mess. :(
Ok guys. Thanks for letting me vent. It was a fantastic trip until the very end. So, I'm going to just focus from this point on the good parts. :)

Last edited:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
GFY spanks!
Sounds like yer sis needs some of this
d3869655a0ff4c27389abc94fc329682.jpg

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went nuts at nude nicotine, hopefully for the last time, 2000 mls of 100%....beleive that makes the stash close to three gallons.

Hate wondering what may happen if the regs are not changed. Perhaps it will become a rare commodity in this fucked up country.

I'm sure it would have a great return. Well, not SURE, so I'm merely speculating.. ;)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning, Fugee's, and GFY. Was doing a lil drunk shopping last night on Amazon, but wisely did not check out so I could check myself in the morning. Apologies for going and placing that order before saying hello. I guess I was putting the cart before the.. GOOD MORNING!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Drag about your sis -

I can relate. There is a reason I live thousands of miles away from most of my relatives:eek:
Thanks Lucy. It's quite painful. We only had each other for years and I know she loves me as much as I love her. We are complete opposites though. She's a control freak, I'm laid back and feel I don't need to tell people how to live their lives. She feels the need to completely control others around her. I admit I did say some nasty things to her as well (after her berating me for a few days), but I'm not a "get in your face" screaming type of person. Confrontation is my enemy. She's a girly girl, I'm a tomboy. She even tells me how I should dress, that I need more makeup, etc. It is what it is. I'm glad to be back at work.............uh, and I'd better get back to it. lol

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Alcoholism is one of the very WORST addictions, for the simple reason that alcohol is so very socially-acceptable -- the nannies haven't painted drinkers in shades of nasty, low-life, ADDICT -- probably because the nannies themselves wanna go home and have a few (or ten) drinks. It's hard for an alcoholic to even GET AWAY from drinking, it's so EVERYWHERE -- I haven't had a drink in over 20 yrs, but sometimes here on the forum, all the talk of beer makes me CRAVE that taste, and I have to just get away. I ain't letting you drunk slobs wreck MY sobriety! :D

Alcoholism afflicts roughly 10% of any given population -- some "races"/nationalities are worse than others, some have very little alcoholism at all. But if you ever hear someone say "I'm not an alcoholic/Sometimes I drink too much/I may have a drinking problem/I can handle it/I can quit if I want to, but I don't want to"... I'd say there's an EXCELLENT chance that person IS an alcoholic. Also, the personality trait of blaming everything and everybody else for one's problems... definite sign of an addict of some stripe. Socio-economic status, education, good job... none of that means anything at all; alcoholism is NO respecter of persons, anymore than addiction to cigarettes is, or cancer, or anything else.

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah. It's not something I want to do again.
Me neither, but given my history I'm sure there's another one in my future at some point.:sad:
The good news is that I just did my 12 month/12,000 mile checkup with the cardiologist and I'm off the blood thinners. :bliss:
And I was very pleased with my vitals: BP 124/78, pulse of 59 and O2 sats at 99%.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And g'mornin' y'all and GFYs silly, and some of yas, with a spiky hairbrush. I mentioned in another thread last night, but... I BROKE ANOTHER FUCKING DRIPTIP! :gaah: So I ordered a couple of metal ones from Desert Vapes, and also this thing they have called a "Ming Bowl", a CherryVapes thing that's supposed to allow you to use a Ming driptip that's gotten broken... so I saved the red one I broke last night, maybe the Ming Bowl will let me keep using it.
:gaah:
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Yes, she is a MEAN drunk. She can be a really mean person sober too. I knew I'd be in trouble as soon as I saw her with that drink. I don't know why people drink if they are going to get mean. It's ridiculous.

My mom was a horrible mean drunk, and ALWAYS has been a control freak. But it was SOP at our house; if it was past 8pm, DO NOT call Grammie's house, because that woman was just plain UGLY. Best news I heard for years was when she said she had to quit drinking.... and though she would never "lower herself" to attend AA, she somehow managed to stick to it -- a diagnosis of cirrhosis is a good deterrent for some people.

Alcohol lets people be who they really want to be -- it made me a "social butterfly" instead of a shy, reserved, social-anxiety-afflicted geek -- until it made me a fucking crybaby about everything. I guess some people are really just rude assholes but somehow they manage to hide it... till they get drunk. :D

Andria

Kodak

Member For 3 Years
Well, I generally don't go around talking crap about any company at least by name on the internet. But I suppose many do, thus the previous 'blackmail' discussion.
You are right though, the guy I talked to was going out of his way to try to make up for it. I have my doubts about their ability to ship things properly (this started with me paying extra for one type of shipping and them using standard USPS anyway, though there is a bit more to it than that) but VaporBeast does seem to have excellent customer service.
I still feel a bit like he's trying to bribe me, when the value of the "care package" as he called it is more than the original order.

If it's VaporBeast then it doesn't surprise me at all. They really do go way out there to try and appease a screw up. Don't look at it as a bribe, in their eyes it's a peace offering with no strings attached. I've done a lot of business with them and they've only had one screw up in almost a year and a half with me--they sent me the wrong item once. I offered to send the wrong one back--they told me to keep it and they sent out the right item with a "bonus" item in the box as well. Between the wrong item and the "bonus" item, it was a little over double what I had paid for the right one.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me neither, but given my history I'm sure there's another one in my future at some point.:sad:
The good news is that I just did my 12 month/12,000 mile checkup with the cardiologist and I'm off the blood thinners. :bliss:
And I was very pleased with my vitals: BP 124/78, pulse of 59 and O2 sats at 99%.
Well, that's great news! They told me I had Tachycardia when I had mine done 10 years ago. I cut my 2 pots of coffee a day down to 3 cups and I'm pretty good to go now. Still get the heart racing thing every once and a while. but it's not very often. My heart was clocked at 164 sound asleep when I wore that holter monitor thang.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My mom was a horrible mean drunk, and ALWAYS has been a control freak. But it was SOP at our house; if it was past 8pm, DO NOT call Grammie's house, because that woman was just plain UGLY. Best news I heard for years was when she said she had to quit drinking.... and though she would never "lower herself" to attend AA, she somehow managed to stick to it -- a diagnosis of cirrhosis is a good deterrent for some people.

Alcohol lets people be who they really want to be -- it made me a "social butterfly" instead of a shy, reserved, social-anxiety-afflicted geek -- until it made me a fucking crybaby about everything. I guess some people are really just rude assholes but somehow they manage to hide it... till they get drunk. :D

Andria
Dang! Sorry about your mom. Man, she sounds A LOT like my sister. She actually got ticked off at her daughter for putting the toilet paper on the roll "backwards". Heck, I'd be happy that she just changed it. :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it's VaporBeast then it doesn't surprise me at all. They really do go way out there to try and appease a screw up. Don't look at it as a bribe, in their eyes it's a peace offering with no strings attached. I've done a lot of business with them and they've only had one screw up in almost a year and a half with me--they sent me the wrong item once. I offered to send the wrong one back--they told me to keep it and they sent out the right item with a "bonus" item in the box as well. Between the wrong item and the "bonus" item, it was a little over double what I had paid for the right one.

Totally agree; I'd put the Beast in the top 10% of online vape vendors, if not the top 1% -- decent prices already, amazing sales and discounts on top of that, really fast processing/shipping, and they give out freebies just as a matter of course, apparently -- I've ordered 2 mods from them this year, and both came with a unicorn bottle in the pkg; the first 15ml, the 2nd, a 30ml. Really oustanding vape vendor!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang! Sorry about your mom. Man, she sounds A LOT like my sister. She actually got ticked off at her daughter for putting the toilet paper on the roll "backwards". Heck, I'd be happy that she just changed it. :eek:

The cirrhosis is really the least of my mom's problems -- quitting drinking apparently arrested it, and it hasn't gotten any worse. Her diabetes on the other hand... :facepalm: The woman LIVES on sugar and sugary snacks, won't eat much of anything else. Her biggest problem is... HERSELF. She just turned 75, and has the emotional maturity of approximately a 7.5 yr old. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The cirrhosis is really the least of my mom's problems -- quitting drinking apparently arrested it, and it hasn't gotten any worse. Her diabetes on the other hand... :facepalm: The woman LIVES on sugar and sugary snacks, won't eat much of anything else. Her biggest problem is... HERSELF. She just turned 75, and has the emotional maturity of approximately a 7.5 yr old. :facepalm:

Andria

Being in the same age group as you, I have helped care for etc. numerous older relatives and it has been my experience that 9 out of 10 times the maturity level drops every year after 75 and gets very pronounced when infirmities set in - whether they are self-inflicted or not.

I just pray I know when to say when before I go into my dotage :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Being in the same age group as you, I have helped care for etc. numerous older relatives and it has been my experience that 9 out of 10 times the maturity level drops every year after 75 and gets very pronounced when infirmities set in - whether they are self-inflicted or not.

My mom's really always been like this; when I was 16 yrs old, my mom's older brother told me straight out that my mom was a perpetual child, and that I was going to have to step up and be the mature one in that relationship. Considering what I was like then.... :facepalm: But once I had my own child, and had quit drinking (he was 4 at the time), I finally managed to grow up, myself (I was 31 when I got sober, so it was about damn time!!)... and I could really see what he had meant, all those years ago. Unfortunately, she's still the one person who can get me into a screaming, mouth-frothing incoherent rage.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Me too. My mom was quite the dingbat but she was very sweet and loving. My grandmother was as sharp as a whip up until the day she died. Brilliant woman. My sister is the ONLY family member (I know of) that has anger issues. She's always had them, but just gets meaner the older she gets.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got to witness one of natures more amazing shows last night. Surrounded by nothing but cornfields, the sky goes forever here. Across the street, is an old kiln fired tile silo sans roof, and behind that, two GIGANTIC windmills. The entire sky was filled with lightning for a good 2 hours before the storm actually hit, and those items against that fierce looking sky, the contrast of the old silo and the super modern windmills, was really breathtaking. I would have taken a picture, but you know how those can never really convey the actual scene.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got to witness one of natures more amazing shows last night. Surrounded by nothing but cornfields, the sky goes forever here. Across the street, is an old kiln fired tile silo sans roof, and behind that, two GIGANTIC windmills. The entire sky was filled with lightning for a good 2 hours before the storm actually hit, and those items against that fierce looking sky, the contrast of the old silo and the super modern windmills, was really breathtaking. I would have taken a picture, but you know how those can never really convey the actual scene.
That sounds amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors