Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is what we're looking at:

weathermap-storm.jpg

That black circle is where I am. That was actually about 10 mins ago; it's currently comjing down in buckets full, really dark... my cat is under my desk. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I heard about the tornado watch and then warning earlier, I couldn't help but think... Great, we have a 75+ day drought, and now fucking tornadoes! :facepalm:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm flying steerage on the way down with the barefoot peasants and caged chickens :giggle:
I can't take flying anywhere but the front, need leg-arm room, and I'm more than willing to pay for it....!

Love those 757's with the seats which convert to beds. When I fly to Ecuador, I wake up when the plane lands.....:wave:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You're spoiling him...

beware+of+crowded+airlines+in+India-a+funny+side.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I can't take flying anywhere but the front, need leg-arm room, and I'm more than willing to pay for it....!

Love those 757's with the seats which convert to beds. When I fly to Ecuador, I wake up when the plane lands.....:wave:

That's Mr Juicy - first class or he ain't going.

As much as I hate the cattle call, if I'm going solo, sometimes I'll spring for it on the trip back. I wasn't going to at all this trip but that was an astounding deal on the return trip.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I worked at the local hardware store, delivered newspapers, and cleaned my Dads wood shop on Saturdays so I could buy what was then the Ferrari of bicycles...

orange4.JPG

I had a purple one very similar to that, same banana seat -- and because the bar was so low, I didn't care that it was a boy's bike... till my fleshy mound hit that bar, once. Trust me, men don't have a monopoly on not wanting to be hit, there.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a purple one very similar to that, same banana seat -- and because the bar was so low, I didn't care that it was a boy's bike... till my fleshy mound hit that bar, once. Trust me, men don't have a monopoly on not wanting to be hit, there.

Andria

Remember when the pedals would break off, leaving only the post of it sticking out to pedal on? Yeah, a friend had that malfunction on his bike. We were playing chicken when he swerved into me and that post took a chunk of my calf off. Still have THAT scar...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Remember when the pedals would break off, leaving only the post of it sticking out to pedal on? Yeah, a friend had that malfunction on his bike. We were playing chicken when he swerved into me and that post took a chunk of my calf off. Still have THAT scar...

Yikes! I think I do recall that engineering flaw, but it was the signal that I needed a new bike, plus the fact that my legs were out-growing the bike (they grew so fast there for a while, I have the stretch-marks on my upper-thighs to prove it -- not the kind from getting fat, my hips didn't get fat till about 5 yrs ago!) . :D Had a 3-speed after that.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that was kinda mean, but it DID feel good.

I have a tech with 30 years experience. USED to be a legend in this young mans game. My project manager would REALLY like to retire, and this guy is the 4th he has attached his hopes of grooming to. They've worked together on and off the whole 30 years.

Problem is, this guy loves the Thug life, and more than half the time we need him, he promises to be there but doesn't show up. That last job was one of the times. It was to be a two day job, turned into two jobs of almost 2 weeks, the guys made a pile. I don't like the guy, but I don't let that get in the way of hoping he shows and does a good job.

He just texted me that he is $1,800 in the hole with his utilities, and they're going to shut them off. Now he's blowing up my phone. I was just going to ignore him, but the non-stop calling was cheesing me off. Called my PM to let him know I was going to snark the guy for blowing US off often, and recently. Don't want to make my buddy/PM mad. Buddy said "Hell with him" so I just texted the guy.

"If you're having money problems, I feel bad for ya son. I got 99 problems but your bills ain't one." :devil:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have a tech with 30 years experience. USED to be a legend in this young mans game. My project manager would REALLY like to retire, and this guy is the 4th he has attached his hopes of grooming to. They've worked together on and off the whole 30 years.

Problem is, this guy loves the Thug life, and more than half the time we need him, he promises to be there but doesn't show up. That last job was one of the times. It was to be a two day job, turned into two jobs of almost 2 weeks, the guys made a pile. I don't like the guy, but I don't let that get in the way of hoping he shows and does a good job.

He just texted me that he is $1,800 in the hole with his utilities, and they're going to shut them off. Now he's blowing up my phone. I was just going to ignore him, but the non-stop calling was cheesing me off. Called my PM to let him know I was going to snark the guy for blowing US off often, and recently. Don't want to make my buddy/PM mad. Buddy said "Hell with him" so I just texted the guy.

"If you're having money problems, I feel bad for ya son. I got 99 problems but your bills ain't one." :devil:

What exactly is this "thug life"? Is that some new slang for being a drunk no-account loser?

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You call that mean? I think I'd have mentioned the amount of money he could have made, in very specific dollar amounts, if he'd showed up for some of the jobs he flaked on..

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I had that problem for MANY years. Then one day I decided if you drink to the point of getting twisted out of your gourd every chance possible, I don't need you any longer....!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugees.....hope everyone FTS's (past tense) this morning....!

I dunno about fucking, but I did manage to sleep till the crack of noon, between it being so damn cold and having such entertaining dreams of Dr House. No fucking involved, just comedy. :D When you wake up and laugh at your own dreams, that's true entertainment. :giggle:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno about fucking, but I did manage to sleep till the crack of noon, between it being so damn cold and having such entertaining dreams of Dr House. No fucking involved, just comedy. :D When you wake up and laugh at your own dreams, that's true entertainment. :giggle:

Andria
It was 40 degrees here this morning.....we went from HOT to COLD in a week....!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was 40 degrees here this morning.....we went from HOT to COLD in a week....!

Same here! Wasn't it yesterday morning, I was complaining about waking up sweating my ass off? Sheesh! It was 40-something here this morning, s'posed to go down to about 35 tonight. BRRRRRRR!

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here! Wasn't it yesterday morning, I was complaining about waking up sweating my ass off? Sheesh! It was 40-something here this morning, s'posed to go down to about 35 tonight. BRRRRRRR!

Andria
Looks like another "NO FALL" in death valley this year, which happened quite frequently the last decade. The temperature goes from the 100's to the 90's to the 40's in the same month....now it will be chilly at night until February, then the temps begin to slowly creep back to 100+ for June July August (most of) Sept.

Oh I wish there was a simple exit strategy to take, so I could get the hell out of here, but the commercial real estate market is on fire, gotta make the sheckles while the gettins good...!

If Hitlery was elected, I'd be packing my shit now, regardless of the present economy, cuz I know it wouldn't last long, she would have finished destroying where Obummer left off....!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like another "NO FALL" in death valley this year, which happened quite frequently the last decade. The temperature goes from the 100's to the 90's to the 40's in the same month....now it will be chilly at night until February, then the temps begin to slowly creep back to 100+ for June July August (most of) Sept.

Oh I wish there was a simple exit strategy to take, so I could get the hell out of here, but the commercial real estate market is on fire, gotta make the sheckles while the gettins good...!

If Hitlery was elected, I'd be packing my shit now, regardless of the present economy, cuz I know it wouldn't last long, she would have finished destroying where Obummer left off....!

I've always liked Fall in Atlanta -- it's a lot like summer in Michigan! :giggle: Low humidity, round 75-80 degrees... just fucking perfect weather. It's better than spring in Atlanta, because there's none of the "yellow-green snow" -- the tree pollen that coats EVERYTHING in ATL from March-April. All the hardwoods and flowering trees go nuts with that shit here in the spring.

Andria

VU Sponsors