Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is a problem with clay, doesn't absorb water like other soils.

True, but north and east of ATL, it's very hilly, so flooding isn't usually a huge problem -- lots of storm drain infrastructure to handle it.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And tomorrow I get to play in the Healthcare.Gov Marketplace. You would think a chapped ass would be 100% covered...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And tomorrow I get to play in the Healthcare.Gov Marketplace. You would think a chapped ass would be 100% covered...
GOOD LUCK with that nonsense.....what a fucking nightmare.....:gaah::cuss2::gaah:

I went through a private broker....eliminated a lot of stress.....:)
Plus we only have ONE provider next year, I wasn't flipping coins to make a decision......:cuss2::gaah::cuss2:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where you find that "stuff".....:rolleyes:......:vino:

It all started while searching for vids of my new love. She's in NFA jail. Writes me daily. Says she wants me to hold her. I'd think it was bullshit, but she doesn't need a green card...

Suddenly, I was in the darkest passages of youtube.. well, you saw the vids... it got worse...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GOOD LUCK with that nonsense.....what a fucking nightmare.....:gaah::cuss2::gaah:

I went through a private broker....eliminated a lot of stress.....:)
Plus we only have ONE provider next year, I wasn't flipping coins to make a decision......:cuss2::gaah::cuss2:

Did you have to provide them income figures? THAT is what chaps my ass. Can't I just say "hit me with your best shot" and forego the silly assed "Maybe you qualify for Medicare" nonsense. I don't. Not this year. Oh, where the hell was Obamacare in the great recession, when I just shut down the company for a year and a half, instead of writing checks to customers. It was brutal. I had negative income for several years. They wanted to give my daughter free lunches at school. If that happened now, my minor child would HAVE to go on medicare or medicaid or whatever it is.The Quality Care Network.

Oh yeah, and college applications soon. I oughta just TATTOO my 1040 on my fucking forehead.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It all started while searching for vids of my new love. She's in NFA jail. Writes me daily. Says she wants me to hold her. I'd think it was bullshit, but she doesn't need a green card...

Suddenly, I was in the darkest passages of youtube.. well, you saw the vids... it got worse...
You see the video with the russian guy using the full auto he modified on watermelons and other shit?

Very impressive....wish I had that auto....but I can't even think of the model now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you have to provide them income figures? THAT is what chaps my ass. Can't I just say "hit me with your best shot" and forego the silly assed "Maybe you qualify for Medicare" nonsense. I don't. Not this year. Oh, where the hell was Obamacare in the great recession, when I just shut down the company for a year and a half, instead of writing checks to customers. It was brutal. I had negative income for several years. They wanted to give my daughter free lunches at school. If that happened now, my minor child would HAVE to go on medicare of medicaid or whatever it is.The Quality Care Network.

Oh yeah, and college applications soon. I oughta just TATTOO my 1040 on my fucking forehead.
It's beyond fucked up. I hope trump can change this shit FAST.

I decided to lower my pay checks for 2017 (drastically). Really like S Corps for tax and other amenities.......:wave:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You see the video with the russian guy using the full auto he modified on watermelons and other shit?

Very impressive....wish I had that auto....but I can't even think of the model now.

Probably sir. I've been waiting for this build for 6 months, just to GET to NFA jail..... Lots of research before, and LOTS since. Optics, minimal but highly effective and super sturdy tac light/laser.

You have to decide on the task to address, and stick to it or you'll be lugging 20lbs quick. This one is SHTF, MQB to CQB, and needs to be able to be PUNISHED. Shoot from water, throw in the back of the truck, and still work reliably. LOTS of wrangling before I finally settled on the obvious, time proven ACOG with RMR. NOTHING has the glass, reliability, OR the abuse tolerance.

No full auto though. I dunno what the going rate is now on a pre-86 registered auto sear. It was $15K IF you could find one, several years ago. For that kinda cash, I'll drink more coffee and up my pull rate.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's beyond fucked up. I hope trump can change this shit FAST.

I decided to lower my pay checks for 2017 (drastically). Really like S Corps for tax and other amenities.......:wave:

OK, NOW we need to talk. I'm Sub S also, but it all flows through to my personal with Sub S. EVEN if I leave it in, I owe the taxes on it. I would need C to retain, but then the Corp has to pay taxes, BEFORE I take it and pay taxes. Oy. I dunno who started the ugly rumor of corporate welfare... I guess I'm just too SMALL.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No full auto though. I dunno what the going rate is now on a pre-86 registered auto sear. It was $15K IF you could find one, several years ago. For that kinda cash, I'll drink more coffee and up my pull rate.
The guy was showing how he modified the semi to full....I'll have to find the video...think I subscribed.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, NOW we need to talk. I'm Sub S also, but it all flows through to my personal with Sub S. EVEN if I leave it in, I owe the taxes on it. I would need C to retain, but then the Corp has to pay taxes, BEFORE I take it and pay taxes. Oy. I dunno who started the ugly rumor of corporate welfare... I guess I'm just too SMALL.
The trick is to have more than one S corp, and other type corps, even if the others make ZERO money, which is the primary intention......:)

Things get very confusing, but a good CPA has it figured out.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The guy was showing how he modified the semi to full....I'll have to find the video...think I subscribed.

THIS I can do. Actually have full manuals for the Mini and the AR. Oil filter silencers no problem either. I WAS a machinist in an early life. It's the 20 years in the hole I can't do for having an unregistered NFA product.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The trick is to have more than one S corp, and other type corps, even if the others make ZERO money, which is the primary intention......:)

Things get very confusing, but a good CPA has it figured out.

Ah.... I know what you are talking about. My S contracts work to my sole proprietorship, which provides my health care and other benefits. I can pay my kids from both companies for work they do for me, at their much lower tax rates.. Still, eventually the chickens come home to roost. Or I need a better CPA.. :)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, College is SO over-rated these days. If my sons were just graduating from HS in this environment, I think I'd tempt them to learn a skilled trade. Locksmith, Armorer, I can think of a million who make a ton, we cannot live without, and don't have to worry about foreign competition.

For the cost of tuition,I'd rather see them take an apprenticeship, and buy them the tools and set them up to be independent proprietors. It would cost LESS, they would earn while they learn, AND have their own business right outta the gate..

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GFY2 Spanky. LOVED the lil dance.... GM and GFY Fugees. Well, ExpensiveWithNoRealCoverage.Gov is getting much easier to get robbed by. I actually was able to select a plan FINALLY, that was like the plan I had BEFORE Obamacare. A REAL HSA plan with a PREMIUM that matches their risk (which except for catastrophic is none at all).

Man, the first 2 years the premiums for what I call "Major Medical" Bronze were like, $50 less a month than the Silver. Who would pay THAT? THIS year, that plan is $400/month less, and I can put $7500 in my HSA and get the tax deduction! WOOT!!!! Of course, it costs more than TWICE as much as what I was paying 3 years ago for that same coverage... LeSigh.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Usury is a potent weapon. I opine the Federal Reserve System missed the only remaining opportunity it had to bring inflation, last December. Further opining, I think should the Federal Reserve System, International Monetary Fund, International Bank of Settlements, World Bank attempt brining inflation to America now, their little house of cards as Bob puts it, would be blown away in the wind/s of evolution. I use the word evolution because I'm hopeful we've seen revolutions only bring us right back around to here, again. We need to ascend to higher goals and not go round in circles, getting nowhere.

Excuse my manners, feeling a tad queasy this morn. Think I might have eaten something disagreeable. Y'all go fuck yourselves merrily. :) Love, hugs and warm smiles all around.

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usury is a potent weapon. I opine the Federal Reserve System missed the only remaining opportunity it had to bring inflation, last December. Further opining, I think should the Federal Reserve System, International Monetary Fund, International Bank of Settlements, World Bank attempt brining inflation to America now, their little house of cards as Bob puts it, would be blown away in the wind/s of evolution. I use the word evolution because I'm hopeful we've seen revolutions only bring us right back around to here, again. We need to ascend to higher goals and not go round in circles, getting nowhere.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' gang. GFYs merrily. We did get some rain, but now the damn sun is back out. :facepalm: No telling when we'll get more.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's. Hope yall got plenty of GFY in today :)

Toothache from hell returned last night. Was 8 am before I finally passed out from exhaustion and scotch consumption. Was able to sleep to around 1 this afternoon so thats a good thing o_O

The ex brought my boy Rascal by this afternoon to stay a few days with me. She actually surprised me. She started in on something and I told her I had a tooth ache and really didnt care about any crap right now so she goes out to her truck and comes back with some percocets to help the tooth and they did help a lot. Didnt stop the pain all the way but it bearable now.

Then after the ex left I asked Rascal what he wanted to do, maybe play a little football on the XBox, maybe kill some germans too and we might even start a fight with his scooby doll. :D He is all for it because no matter what we do he knows we will have fun :giggle:

And here is a little sumptin to help set the mood for the night :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey fuggers, hope everyone's GFThemselves merrily. Weird day. Hate to hear about that tooth, choppie; you have my complete empathy. Try giving your face a shock of household current, maybe that'll help it till you can see a witchdoctor, I mean, a dentist. :D

We had a visit this evening from DirecTV reps, which is kinda great since we have a no soliciting sign out front, but hey, we're fucking sick of $250/mo to goddamn Xfinity. Assholes. So Friday a tech will come and get us hooked up, and we should be able to save about $120/mo, and have a pretty good setup. Just 25mb internet, but that's what I have now; later if I get back into doing web design, I can upgrade it to 1000mb, thx to their fiber, which is in our street. See, I knew fiber was a good thing, no matter what kind. :D

So I'd say today turned out ok, despite receiving the petition to probate today from my step-brother-in-law; thank the lord, my stepsister is married to an attorney, which sure does help with the Will shit. Gotta get that signed and notarized tomorrow when I go to the bank, so he can get that filed.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuggers. More rain here today too, but it's sure not cold; I woke up sweating my ass off! But tomorrow night, down around 35 degrees, so I guess it's behind the stormfront.

Happy payday!

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening fugee's. Hope yall got plenty of GFY in today :)

Toothache from hell returned last night. Was 8 am before I finally passed out from exhaustion and scotch consumption. Was able to sleep to around 1 this afternoon so thats a good thing o_O

The ex brought my boy Rascal by this afternoon to stay a few days with me. She actually surprised me. She started in on something and I told her I had a tooth ache and really didnt care about any crap right now so she goes out to her truck and comes back with some percocets to help the tooth and they did help a lot. Didnt stop the pain all the way but it bearable now.

Then after the ex left I asked Rascal what he wanted to do, maybe play a little football on the XBox, maybe kill some germans too and we might even start a fight with his scooby doll. :D He is all for it because no matter what we do he knows we will have fun :giggle:

And here is a little sumptin to help set the mood for the night :)

LOVE that song! So soulfully done. I think part of it is that it speaks to bikers.. :)

I'm uh... starting to get a lil Jelly of Rascal. I wanna BE him. You two fighting over him, and my God, he eats like a king. :)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, Doc. Now I'm thinking about this past summers cross country ride. The hippie in the VW bus at the gas station in Colorado, specifically. I had my Ipod blasting through my scoot speakers, "Harvest Moon". This hippy gets outta his VERY old VW bus, and looks at me from a couple pumps over and his mouth just drops. "Whoa, is that on the radio, man? I LOVE that song!" Hahaha.... so many fucking awesome memories....

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, Doc. Now I'm thinking about this past summers cross country ride. The hippie in the VW bus at the gas station in Colorado, specifically. I had my Ipod blasting through my scoot speakers, "Harvest Moon". This hippy gets outta his VERY old VW bus, and looks at me from a couple pumps over and his mouth just drops. "Whoa, is that on the radio, man? I LOVE that song!" Hahaha.... so many fucking awesome memories....

Just being on a Harley you meet all sorts of cool people. Buddy of mine and me was on a ride once and we was probably around 70 miles west of Aspen on the back roads and seen this small quiet campground so we pulled in and set up the tents for the night. Next thing we know other bikers started pulling in and camping. They seen we had Louisiana plates and all wanted to chat with us. They couldnt believe we was on that long of a ride. Next thing I know its around midnight, we have this huge fire blazing with around 15 bikers around it and we are all having a great time. You cant find good times like that in a car, it just dont happen.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
White, you steaming again down there?

yeah, I was out earlier, walking around in 3/4-length sleeves... about 70 degrees. ATM, we have a tornado warning, a severe thunderstorm warning, and hell, probably a frog and locust warning for all I know, and sirens all around, driving all the neighborhood dogs crazy. :D It's starting to rain, but the worst of it is still to the west, heading our way. Thought I';d better logon just in case my ass gets blown to hell in the next half hour. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors