Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hell yeah! I still got two inches of 90 proof apple pie corn shine in a Mason jar, oops, make that half an inch. Why? Just one of those days. Talked w/ father in law to have him talk to my nephew and get him to apologize to my wife. He come in last night and was moving too quick or something, our old Shrek took to carrying on at him. We were in the process of getting him calmed down, nephew got in wifes face saying he was just going to kick the dog. Wound up holding her for a half hour to hour, she was all in pieces. My thought, he tries making good on that threat with any of my dogs ... he'll vanish.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hell yeah! I still got two inches of 90 proof apple pie corn shine in a Mason jar, oops, make that half an inch. Why? Just one of those days. Talked w/ father in law to have him talk to my nephew and get him to apologize to my wife. He come in last night and was moving too quick or something, our old Shrek took to carrying on at him. We were in the process of getting him calmed down, nephew got in wifes face saying he was just going to kick the dog. Wound up holding her for a half hour to hour, she was all in pieces. My thought, he tries making good on that threat with any of my dogs ... he'll vanish.

Anyone who would hurt an animal just out of pure temper and meanness doesn't deserve to keep living.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who would hurt an animal just out of pure temper and meanness doesn't deserve to keep living.

Andria

I'm learning myself from that Cesar fellow. :) Used to give gentle 'soccer' kicks using my instep to the bigger dogs on their rumps as discipline. Finding out that is so wrong. I need to avoid anything but a calm attitude, relaxed. This is hard to 'pretend' because I have three 'rescued' dogs that all like me are shell shocked from living.

Today I calmly disciplined Grouchy. He's our big Great Pyrenees & Lab mutt baby, a stoner dog. He ran out to the main highway today, RT 33. I went down with a short lead, walked him home on the lead and put him back in the 'baby pen'. "Want to act like a baby, papa treat you like one. You no listen to me say stop, come back. Well now you got three days in jail."

Breaking my heart to do it. But I'm keeping the calm 'warden' face on around him. He needs to know I'm the leader of the pack. But yes, I agree on people hurting animals despite still consuming some meat at times.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Gettin liquored up this afternoon, Juice?......:wave:

Bet there is a LOT of that going on in AK during those long winters.

Hopefully you'll be sippin on a MY-Tie next winter, on an ISLAND, in the PACIFIC........:giggle:

Ran out of vodka for making juice and remembered we had some Everclear somewheres - forgot it's from the early 90s, lol

I was going to post a photo of the bottle but decided to have a little fun instead

I'm too old an Injin to be drinking that kind of firewater :confused:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

If anyone kicked one of my kids (pets), well cant really say what would happen to them but..................

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm learning myself from that Cesar fellow. :) Used to give gentle 'soccer' kicks using my instep to the bigger dogs on their rumps as discipline. Finding out that is so wrong. I need to avoid anything but a calm attitude, relaxed. This is hard to 'pretend' because I have three 'rescued' dogs that all like me are shell shocked from living.

Today I calmly disciplined Grouchy. He's our big Great Pyrenees & Lab mutt baby, a stoner dog. He ran out to the main highway today, RT 33. I went down with a short lead, walked him home on the lead and put him back in the 'baby pen'. "Want to act like a baby, papa treat you like one. You no listen to me say stop, come back. Well now you got three days in jail."

Breaking my heart to do it. But I'm keeping the calm 'warden' face on around him. He needs to know I'm the leader of the pack. But yes, I agree on people hurting animals despite still consuming some meat at times.

Sure, I eat meat. There's a VAST difference between livestock and pets. Pets are family members who happen to have 4 legs (or wings, or gills, etc). Livestock are raised for the PURPOSE of eating, just like raising crops. I wouldn't mistreat plants either, which is why I don't have any houseplants -- the surest way for a plant to die is to live in my house! :giggle:

I always heard of using a rolled-up newspaper if you need to give a dog a "spanking" -- it makes a big noise, sorta like swatting a kid's behind in a disposable diaper... and just like that, doesn't actually hurt, it just gets the point across. Much better than having either your child or your dog learn to flinch from you when you raise a hand.

The only type of "discipline" we've ever needed or tried to apply with our cat is if she doesn't come in in the evening when we call her, then the next day, maybe the next couple days, she doesn't get to go outside at all. It seems moderately effective; we've only had to do that a couple of times, and she's about 5 1/2 yrs old.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gah! I lost track of my days and missed the UofM, OSU game today. Fortunately, I haven't heard how it ended and it's on replay on ESPN. Shhh... don't tell me. The Mrs. already said one lil thing and I think now I know how it ends. I'm going to watch it anyway.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think we're gonna adjourn for 2 hrs of DVR; last episode of BlindSpot and Conviction. The chick in Conviction is the one who played Peggy Carter, Hayley Atwell. I must say, it's quite refreshing to see a beautiful leading lady who's built like a WOMAN, instead of a skinny boy with fake tits. As gorgeous as the girl in Blindspot is, she's desperately in need of a hairdresser, and many bags of Quarter Pounders with Cheese!!!

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure, I eat meat. There's a VAST difference between livestock and pets. Pets are family members who happen to have 4 legs (or wings, or gills, etc). Livestock are raised for the PURPOSE of eating, just like raising crops. I wouldn't mistreat plants either, which is why I don't have any houseplants -- the surest way for a plant to die is to live in my house! :giggle:

I always heard of using a rolled-up newspaper if you need to give a dog a "spanking" -- it makes a big noise, sorta like swatting a kid's behind in a disposable diaper... and just like that, doesn't actually hurt, it just gets the point across. Much better than having either your child or your dog learn to flinch from you when you raise a hand.

The only type of "discipline" we've ever needed or tried to apply with our cat is if she doesn't come in in the evening when we call her, then the next day, maybe the next couple days, she doesn't get to go outside at all. It seems moderately effective; we've only had to do that a couple of times, and she's about 5 1/2 yrs old.

Andria

Training a cat!
The%252520Seal%252520Pun.jpeg

:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Training a cat!
The%252520Seal%252520Pun.jpeg

:)

They're pretty smart. And she loves to go outside, so anything that makes her unable to go outside, she's less likely to do again. It's not entirely a done deal like with a dog, more like trying to train a 12 yr old boy -- he or she will abide by it... if they remember. :D

She does seem to remember how she got screamed at in stereo for jumping on the kitchen counters or table and very quickly knocked off of each. She doesn't even try anymore. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They're pretty smart. And she loves to go outside, so anything that makes her unable to go outside, she's less likely to do again. It's not entirely a done deal like with a dog, more like trying to train a 12 yr old boy -- he or she will abide by it... if they remember. :D

She does seem to remember how she got screamed at in stereo for jumping on the kitchen counters or table and very quickly knocked off of each. She doesn't even try anymore. :D

Andria

My cats trained me

They tell me GFY all the time

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cats trained me

Oh yeah, mine are fond of "Talk to the butt". Except Luna, she's a lover. She likes getting scratched and petted. Every time, I will throw her off me when she digs her nails in while getting scratched, but she just cannot help herself. She reaches a point of bliss where it's just "Go ahead, kick me off but I'm having an O anyways.."

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My cats trained me

For cat "owners", we probably have a fairly unique situation: she didn't come in the house at all, for the first 2 yrs of her life -- I had to make sure that Zyrtec would really protect me, before I could have a cat in the house. So she started off a bit differently than most other "housecats," who believe that *they* are the pet owners who merely tolerate the hoomans because the hoomans dispense the food. :D She never got the idea at all to scratch the furnishings, and even the idea of trying to jump on the counters/table didn't occur to her for some time, and was swiftly disabused of that idea, so now she stays off. She's really remarkably well-behaved for a cat.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well my cat Bucky earned his stay in the barn yesterday. Went to get dog feed from its bucket. The lid from stress has a hole round about the handle. Lifted the lid off and there sat a little mouse in the feed. I picked Bucky up and put him in the bucket, he made short work of catching it and hoping back to the ground with 'sausage' for breakfast.

Went out this morn to let the klan know I'd be out in a wee bit after coffee & medicines. Behold the Grouchy monster and his side kick the Grump were out of the baby pen. Sherlock had a black eye and it was busted on his upper brow. Grump hasn't been fixed, ergo there were some words twixt them all apparently. I looked 'Lock over a little, seemed a clean wound that would heal on its own. I might still put some black suave on it later on.

Got back in from hauling down more firewood. Loaded a truck as a two in one, meaning what ought to been two pickup beds got made one. Then, I unloaded it on my own. Bah, more exercise my GP says. I might like to go run another five miles. *chuckles*:) Would have cleaned out our wood stove but seems the scoop got misplaced while I was gone. Just shook my head, "well piss", walked on to the room.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my cat Bucky earned his stay in the barn yesterday. Went to get dog feed from its bucket. The lid from stress has a hole round about the handle. Lifted the lid off and there sat a little mouse in the feed. I picked Bucky up and put him in the bucket, he made short work of catching it and hoping back to the ground with 'sausage' for breakfast.

Went out this morn to let the klan know I'd be out in a wee bit after coffee & medicines. Behold the Grouchy monster and his side kick the Grump were out of the baby pen. Sherlock had a black eye and it was busted on his upper brow. Grump hasn't been fixed, ergo there were some words twixt them all apparently. I looked 'Lock over a little, seemed a clean wound that would heal on its own. I might still put some black suave on it later on.

Got back in from hauling down more firewood. Loaded a truck as a two in one, meaning what ought to been two pickup beds got made one. Then, I unloaded it on my own. Bah, more exercise my GP says. I might like to go run another five miles. *chuckles*:) Would have cleaned out our wood stove but seems the scoop got misplaced while I was gone. Just shook my head, "well piss", walked on to the room.

I DO love the wood burning ritual. Of course, the payoff is when it is all stacked, dry, and CLOSE to the fire. Bitter cold outside, tons of snow, and sitting with the family in the living room with a nice hot wood stove. Sure is some serious work to get there. At $1/gallon for propane, it's just not worth it though. If I'm going to sweat buckets, I'd rather clear brush at that price.

3 or 4 years ago, Propane hit $4/gallon. I had 15 face cords stacked in one of the bays in my garage. Hell yeah, THAT saved me about $3000.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wait:

Laundry is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. 3 loads yesterday, 2 more today and it'll be caught up. The 2nd load is now in the rinse cycle, and doesn't require me to jump up like a jack in the box to go add softener, since it's work jeans.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Laundry is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. 3 loads yesterday, 2 more today and it'll be caught up. The 2nd load is now in the rinse cycle, and doesn't require me to jump up like a jack in the box to go add softener, since it's work jeans.

Andria

All right, all right, all right.

I'm finishing up mine now :mad:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All right, all right, all right.

I'm finishing up mine now :mad:

The best part is that not only is the laundry now caught up (jeans still in the dryer, but they're HIS problem!), but tomorrow he goes back to work. Thank you lord. I survived and didn't kill him either. :giggle:

So tomorrow I won't have a bitch in my face when I wake up, and I won't have to do any laundry either... and I think the regular Monday night TV shows will be on. Ahhhhhhhh.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't believe you're missing anything special......:teehee:

But if it works, and prevents one person from smoking, it's ALL good...!

I started out, when I moved on from my eRoll, with a kanger T3S -- massive improvement over a cigalike, is the best I can say for it; it didn't take me long to get to "why does this thing leak so much?" and "why am I getting dry hits so much?" You know, the typical newbie questions. :D Once I got a Kayfun, that all went away.

I did have a Kanger Subox Mini at one point -- a very brief point; a very minor fall, cushioned inside my purse, killed it DAID. Shit, I've FLUNG a Coolfire IV at high speed from my lap about 5 ft onto the driveway... that was over a year ago, things still vaping along as well as ever.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I started out, when I moved on from my eRoll, with a kanger T3S -- massive improvement over a cigalike, is the best I can say for it; it didn't take me long to get to "why does this thing leak so much?" and "why am I getting dry hits so much?" You know, the typical newbie questions. :D Once I got a Kayfun, that all went away.

I did have a Kanger Subox Mini at one point -- a very brief point; a very minor fall, cushioned inside my purse, killed it DAID. Shit, I've FLUNG a Coolfire IV at high speed from my lap about 5 ft onto the driveway... that was over a year ago, things still vaping along as well as ever.

Andria

The only kanger I ever had was the Aerotank - vaped the shit out of them for awhile. In fact, first vapocolypse purchase ever was a supply of Aerotanks. Still have a few in the stash, lol.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kanger is usually a decent product. I have a couple of the Kbox 120 mods that work real well even after being dropped many times and the kanger subtanks work real well if you like a restrictive airflow. Also have a couple Kanger nebox that uses the subtanks coils and its a nice little compact all in one vape that will hold 10 ml of juice.

Last week the ex told me she was out of work all week from pneumonia. Turns out she had COPD instead. I offered to set her up with a vape and got out a pico with a Kanger subtank mini on it. Had to try it out to make sure it vaped well and the flavor from it was great. Of course after taking the time and effort to find everything (all my stuff still in boxes from the flood), clean it all up, put in a new coil and all, the ex declares vapes are more dangerous for you than smoking.......Well I never claimed I was with her for her intellectual abilities so I put the vape away and told her to go light up another smoke seeing how its so safe.

VU Sponsors