Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's evidently a pretty good population of vapers around here; there are quite a few shops, and every now and then when I'm out and about in our town (Lawrenceville), I see a vaper "in the wild" -- saw a girl maybe 25-30 walking in the Kroger parking lot in a big cloud the other day, so naturally I looked, and sure enough, there was something shiny in her hand, not a white paper cylinder. :D Last year while out xmas shopping, I saw a fender-bender in that same parking lot, couple guys out yelling and gesturing at each other, and one of them had a tube mod in his hand, either a P'vari or some kind of mech. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sad but just a few vapers will not keep a shop open.

I'm sure there are a lot more, I just don't know them, lol

But they sold only VaperFi brand mods/atties and the rest was juice I'd never heard of

I think they guy's family owns the building that'd been sitting empty for a couple of years

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course.....it's office supplies.....!

Lol... I provide my crews with gear and juice, especially at the plants that allow vaping on the premises (which are dwindling in number). It saves me a FORTUNE in lost time, discarded usable PPE, and saves face NOT having guys always lollygagging outside of the plant entrance and my trucks going back and forth all day. It also prevents getting kicked out because of the moron who just HAS to light one up in a confined space, hoping no one will notice the stench.. :rolleyes: Yeah, it's happened.

Temp control is a safety issue. No wicks bursting into flames. Some environments are harsh and require very sturdy, well built equipment. A guy in Portugal I know makes some good safe industrial strength ones.. ;)

So Dale, how long has it been since you left the construction side?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Lol... I provide my crews with gear and juice, especially at the plants that allow vaping on the premises (which are dwindling in number). It saves me a FORTUNE in lost time, discarded usable PPE, and saves face NOT having guys always lollygagging outside of the plant entrance and my trucks going back and forth all day. It also prevents getting kicked out because of the moron who just HAS to light one up in a confined space, hoping no one will notice the stench.. :rolleyes: Yeah, it's happened.

Temp control is a safety issue. No wicks bursting into flames. Some environments are harsh and require very sturdy, well built equipment. A guy in Portugal I know makes some good safe industrial strength ones.. ;)

My accountant said no to writing vapes off as a health improvement benefit

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My husband works in a plant that manufactures and sells cardboard boxes and other pkging, so naturally, they don't allow smoking in or anywhere near their bldg -- the guy who kinda got me interested in vaping switched to vaping for that reason; he had to go all the way to the back of the parking lot to smoke, but they allow vaping on the premises, in the bldg and on the production floor. He donated a couple store bought disposables when my husband told him I was kinda interested in checking out e-cigs; they kinda sucked of course, but served to get me more interested, so that was a win!

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My accountant said no to writing vapes off as a health improvement benefit

I don't provide them for the asking, for health reasons. Reducing break time, saving perishable supplies, drastically cutting vehicle use... I could go on forever. A lot of contractors buy things like golf carts for the very same reasons. It's a battle I don't doubt I'd win.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember Mr Juicy got a really bad haircut once - it made him look like Dennis the Menace

It was all I could do to not laugh every time I looked at him for at least two weeks

Dennis_the_Menace_Jay_North_1962.jpg

It's not like we can KNOW what you're going to like, even when we DO! I got a cut early in the year, very short on the sides and considerably longer on top. The Mrs. LOVED it. A few months later, I went to the same girl and said "Do it again, the Mrs. loved it.". Bzzzzt. But thanks for playing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Been in the commercial inspection business 28 yrs, about 10 yrs in the thermal imaging business for commercial property owners. Insurance companies are now requiring all electrical equipment be scanned every five years, some owners have thermography done yearly, just for their own piece of mind, to make sure their service equipment isn't about to cause a huge arc flash and shut the plant down.

I have another company that just inspects residential homes, there isn't much money in residential, but they inspect 600+- homes a year on average, which keeps two guys busy.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been in the commercial inspection business 28 yrs, about 10 yrs in the thermal imaging business for commercial property owners. Insurance companies are now requiring all electrical equipment be scanned every five years, some owners have thermography done yearly, just for their own piece of mind, to make sure their service equipment isn't about to cause a huge arc flash and shut the plant down.

I have another company that just inspects residential homes, there isn't much money in residential, but they inspect 600+- homes a year on average, which keeps two guys busy.

I only asked because it seems like every inspection company I've known, they cut their teeth as builders first, and got sick of all of the headaches and unknowns.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only asked because it seems like every inspection company I've known, they cut their teeth as builders first, and got sick of all of the headaches and unknowns.
My father owned a civil engineering company, I was running heavy equipment since I was tall enough to reach levers and pedals....then he started building homes, that's when I quit......:cry:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And now you will be subject to the bullshit of DirecTV. Hated that company. God forbid they will be supplying you with satellite internet. It SUCKS.

I had directv for years and loved it. Always worked with no problems. Had satellite internet for a while too but as a gamer it sucked because it always had a 1 to 1.5 second lag which really screwed up my gaming. I would still be with Directv except for the cost. $100 month for TV, then I was paying $60 month for cable internet and $50 for the home phone. The cable company gave me cable TV with all the bells and whistles, internet and home phone for $96 a month. Add HBO, Showtime and Cinemax and its $116 a month. Cant beat that so went with all cable.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had directv for years and loved it. Always worked with no problems. Had satellite internet for a while too but as a gamer it sucked because it always had a 1 to 1.5 second lag which really screwed up my gaming. I would still be with Directv except for the cost. $100 month for TV, then I was paying $60 month for cable internet and $50 for the home phone. The cable company gave me cable TV with all the bells and whistles, internet and home phone for $96 a month. Add HBO, Showtime and Cinemax and its $116 a month. Cant beat that so went with all cable.

Meanwhile, in Michigan....

snow+covered+satellite+dish.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That $110-$120 is about what ours was, when we first got the Triple Play. Then it started going up, just a little at a time... till our last 2-3 bills have been $250/mo, and I told my husband, we had to make some other arrangements, because that's fucking ridiculous. DirecTV do seem to have upped their game, or maybe it's just in their acquisition by AT&T that has caused such drastic improvements. I can't say I'm a big fan of AT&T, but I know that companies can and do change -- when we first moved to a small rural town in 1995, we hade AllTel for phone svc, and they absolutelyt SUCKED -- we had to pay an $80 deposit just to get started with 'em, and their CS phone people were positively NASTY. But they improved drastically over time, till they were like a wholly different company. So we'll see how this arrangement with DirecTV works out. We had also considered Dish, but apparently in our area, they're not terribly reliable -- and I'd still need my internet with Comcast, which would suck. It was time to just give Comcast/Xfinity a big ol middle finger.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the test I just ran:

The upload speed is kinda shitty, but I'm not doing any web development at the moment, so I don't mind. The DL speed is actually a bit faster than I had with Xfinity.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuggers. Happy Saturday! Kind of a gray day here, but no rain expected till tonight and tomorrow. We'll take it!!!! :) They said on the weather that it would have to rain for 9 straight days without let-up to relieve our drought! :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yaaawwwwnnnnn

I feel the same way, didn't wanna get up at fucking 10am, but the cramp in my foot just fucking INSISTED on it. :headbang: Sometimes I'd like to just take this body out and shoot it, for misbehaving so painfully.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I watched a fairly cool movie on TV last night -- title is ridiculous, "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" -- but it was actually pretty good. A Tim Burton effort, which may explain why something that sounds so ridiculous was actually entertaining. But I kinda like the modern mashups; read a book called "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" which was also kinda cool; I would never ever watch TV or movies about zombies, they're just too gross, but in books, not so bad. I guess it's just my taste for the absurd. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors