Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That was my understanding too. It was only later that it became a war on people of color; originally, it was a war on yankee carpetbaggers and scallawags. :D

Andria

Not saying I'm correct in memory, or correct in understanding what I was told, or the person who told it was credible but, ...

According to the "story" I was led to believe, the Scottish Freemasonry who were also deeply vested in the Church started the Klan or at least the rudimentary elements of it. The person who explained this pointed out a misconception in the burning of the cross. They said it was not meant as a scare tactic but as a rite of glory, the glory of the holy church, the glory of God. This to me at the time did make sense as a lot of historical evidence points toward Christianity having elements of Pagan, (Pagani the Latin term used by Catholics as an epitaph directed at uneducated proletariat folk living in the hills. The term actually means "those who live in the hills". The Holy Roman Church used Latin as a Linga De Facto as the poor would not be educated to read Latin, oddly Latin is said to be romanticized Sanskrit from India.) solar worship. The universal symbol of the sun has always been a cross inside a circle. The sun burns eternal, or at least long enough we think it eternal. Ergo, the glory of God (the Sun/Son) presented in a rite to honor it by the Klan, a family or tribe from Scottish point of view. Pagan or not these poor hill folk understood God (the Sun/Son), educated or not.

But like I said, not sure how much credibility that holds. It's just something I half way recall. Like Chop, I'm of a notion we all bleed red and we all end up dead. Dead don't care about colors, riches, ails, politics, religion, sexual orientation ... hard to understand then why the living pitch such *ahem* fucking stupid hissy fits, wars, atrocities over them.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last celebrity whose death I cried over was Mr. Rogers.

I rarely cry over death unless it's a person to whom I've been close -- with the exception of Princess Diana; I grieved over her because she was my age, and left behind 2 young sons.

But the celebrity deaths in 2016 that affected me the worst are Alan Rickman, truly a gifted entertainer, and Richard Wright, Pink Floyd's keyboardist, also amazingly gifted. Then of course, Glenn Frey, and Prince, who both enriched modern popular music tremendously. And of course, my own mother. 2016 was a banner year for the Reaper.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
on a completely random note, had a question from someone with Augvape regarding new project they have in the works for a Merlin 22 RTA - 22mm dia, 40mm tall (without drip tip), 3.5ml juice capacity - and preferred aesthetics/ design - Lady Lucy, I recall you being a major merlin fan and was curious about your thoughts?

hahaha

I got that PM also :giggle::giggle::giggle:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about Old Yeller?
Fictional character therefore no
I rarely cry over death unless it's a person to whom I've been close -- with the exception of Princess Diana; I grieved over her because she was my age, and left behind 2 young sons.

But the celebrity deaths in 2016 that affected me the worst are Alan Rickman, truly a gifted entertainer, and Richard Wright, Pink Floyd's keyboardist, also amazingly gifted. Then of course, Glenn Frey, and Prince, who both enriched modern popular music tremendously. And of course, my own mother. 2016 was a banner year for the Reaper.

Andria

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The video discusses U.K. based retailers and companies. Wonder if we can get automobile industry execs, clothing and fashion industry execs, food & agriculture industry execs here in America to start asking the same? Recalling something I mentioned once before, customers start voting with their money, companies are bound to start paying attention.

"Dear Big Breakfast Cereal maker, I would love to feed your cereals to my children. I cannot do so with clear conscience though knowing you advertise during politicized newscasts which promote hate and division of the human race. --- Signed, A Concerned Mother From America's Heartland What Attends PTA Meetings & Has A Ton Of Other Concerned Mother's Ears."

"Dear Big Men's Suit Maker, I cannot wear your suits now. I learned you advertised during a news report that promoted wars in the Middle East. ---- Signed, A Guy What Buys Ten Suits A year Just No Longer From You & Will Suggest All Ten Of His Male Colleagues Follow Suit."

I suppose that would be a means to also influence political will as well. As if the whole hub bub over "fake news" being wielded by mainstream media isn't enough of a death knell for itself, if large companies stop giving them advertising money would probably be hammering in the coffin nails. At that point mainstream media would have to comply with the will of the sponsors and they're complying to customer will, ergo the media has to limit or quit promoting hate and dividing us, ergo politics cannot use media for propaganda to continue doing that.

* pauses and grins * Wow, rather effing brill notion this video t'was. Why I know/no finks/thinks/kinks/inks it up? Aw, wait maybe I did, never can keep up with the 250 me army,navy me-s I got running around. Funny enough I go to see a mental health therapist, sit alone in the waiting room. Mental health therapist, "Sorry you were out there all alone." Me, "Are you kidding? I got caught up with at least six other mes, heck it was a family reunion!" :):crazy::wave:

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

The video discusses U.K. based retailers and companies. Wonder if we can get automobile industry execs, clothing and fashion industry execs, food & agriculture industry execs here in America to start asking the same? Recalling something I mentioned once before, customers start voting with their money, companies are bound to start paying attention.

"Dear Big Breakfast Cereal maker, I would love to feed your cereals to my children. I cannot do so with clear conscience though knowing you advertise during politicized newscasts which promote hate and division of the human race. --- Signed, A Concerned Mother From America's Heartland What Attends PTA Meetings & Has A Ton Of Other Concerned Mother's Ears."

"Dear Big Men's Suit Maker, I cannot wear your suits now. I learned you advertised during a news report that promoted wars in the Middle East. ---- Signed, A Guy What Buys Ten Suits A year Just No Longer From You & Will Suggest All Ten Of His Male Colleagues Follow Suit."

I suppose that would be a means to also influence political will as well. As if the whole hub bub over "fake news" being wielded by mainstream media isn't enough of a death knell for itself, if large companies stop giving them advertising money would probably be hammering in the coffin nails. At that point mainstream media would have to comply with the will of the sponsors and they're complying to customer will, ergo the media has to limit or quit promoting hate and dividing us, ergo politics cannot use media for propaganda to continue doing that.

* pauses and grins * Wow, rather effing brill notion this video t'was. Why I know/no finks/thinks/kinks/inks it up? Aw, wait maybe I did, never can keep up with the 250 me army,navy me-s I got running around. Funny enough I go to see a mental health therapist, sit alone in the waiting room. Mental health therapist, "Sorry you were out there all alone." Me, "Are you kidding? I got caught up with at least six other mes, heck it was a family reunion!" :):crazy::wave:

A lot of us do that now Morely, vote with our $$$'s. I refuse to do any business with Target because they think it is just fine and dandy that a guy in touch with his feminine side should be able to freely follow a little girl or young lady into a ladies room. I dont think its right and wont spend a penny with a company that does.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bah! Make up my mind. Do I like French Vanilla flavored ejuice, or not?

:cloud::cloud: :huh: Eh? Oh, battery drop off. :facepalm:

Once had an ejuice that tasted exactly like a vanilla pudding cup. I was one of my all time favorites but at $20 for 30 ml I never bought it again and never been able to clone it either. You would think a simple vanilla pudding ejuice would be simple to make but I have not even gotten close to it and have tried many times :(

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of us do that now Morely, vote with our $$$'s. I refuse to do any business with Target because they think it is just fine and dandy that a guy in touch with his feminine side should be able to freely follow a little girl or young lady into a ladies room. I dont think its right and wont spend a penny with a company that does.
I doubt they miss your money.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once had an ejuice that tasted exactly like a vanilla pudding cup. I was one of my all time favorites but at $20 for 30 ml I never bought it again and never been able to clone it either. You would think a simple vanilla pudding ejuice would be simple to make but I have not even gotten close to it and have tried many times :(
Deep Diver Time...Click Here

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to tell you this but the book has always been listed as children's fiction...Therefore I stand by my decision.Further documentation below.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Is_Old_Yeller_a_true_story

I hate crying over fiction, it makes me feel like a total idiot. I resisted and resisted seeing Titanic, but back then I had a real thing for Leo, so I finally watched the stupid movie. Really glad I was alone at home at the time though, sitting there boohooing over that fatass Rose who wouldn't move over and give The Man She Loved a space on the damn door. :mad: :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to tell you this but the book has always been listed as children's fiction...Therefore I stand by my decision.Further documentation below.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Is_Old_Yeller_a_true_story
http://americanprofile.com/articles/old-yeller-fred-gipson-festival/

Set in the 1860s, Old Yeller was inspired by a true story told by Gipson’s grandfather and recounts the frontier adventures of a teenage boy, Travis, and his poor family who adopt an ugly “yeller” dog. At first, Travis hates the thieving stray that devours their last chunk of meat. The boy’s heart softens, though, when Old Yeller saves his little brother from an angry bear. The story’s most memorable scene unfolds when Travis, heartbroken but mature beyond his years, must shoot his beloved dog, after it’s bitten while fending off a rabid wolf.

who decides?

after all our most holy books are just stories as well.
written sometimes hundreds of years after the events that may or may not have taken place.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://americanprofile.com/articles/old-yeller-fred-gipson-festival/

Set in the 1860s, Old Yeller was inspired by a true story told by Gipson’s grandfather and recounts the frontier adventures of a teenage boy, Travis, and his poor family who adopt an ugly “yeller” dog. At first, Travis hates the thieving stray that devours their last chunk of meat. The boy’s heart softens, though, when Old Yeller saves his little brother from an angry bear. The story’s most memorable scene unfolds when Travis, heartbroken but mature beyond his years, must shoot his beloved dog, after it’s bitten while fending off a rabid wolf.

who decides?

after all our most holy books are just stories as well.
written sometimes hundreds of years after the events that may or may not have taken place.
nO...JUST...nO
It was inspired by a true story...Meaning it is Fucking Fiction.And Children's Fiction to be precise.Stop arguing and reread your own source.Or better yet go to a damn Library and ask.
Then actually fucking read the damn book.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I refuse to do any business with Target because they think it is just fine and dandy that a guy in touch with his feminine side should be able to freely follow a little girl or young lady into a ladies room. I dont think its right

Ah, did not have awareness they held to such a view. While bisexuality for me does allow some latitude to feel effeminate, I agree with your view in as much as some Joe ought not follow some little Sally into the Jane's loo. I offer no apologies in having high moral guidelines, and ethical standards.

Yes, I agree life oft gives us gray areas, I also agree there are clearly areas which are black or white only. Child abuse and/or molestation, bestiality, scat play, necrophilia, causing another anything but pleasurable pain in sexual acts are some of those areas for me. Granted that effeminate Joe might not abuse or molest little Sally, that Joe though needs to avoid even suspicion of such, ergo he can go to the Joe's loo. I also kind of feel the same regarding those I consider butterfly people ( transgender folks going from one gender to another ).

Bother. I will appoint blame to the Tramadol taken twenty minutes ago. I was up all night it seems from lower back pain, got perhaps three hours of sleep, if that. Then, when I did wake up, the ton of bricks from the dampness outside and chill in the air hit the right notes for arthritis to lock me up. *grumbles, sighs* Fucking bitch for me this ... getting older, shit. La la la la de dum ... "Oh, happy happy pain medicine. Dumb ass me ought to have taken it earlier. Nah, had to John Wayne it, bah!"

About the vanilla, decided I'm not quite for it. To me at least there's just something (?!?) off about it. Tastes bitter to bland and I know that sense makes perfect. * shrugs * "It just tastes icky, yuck!" :blech: This I forgot to say, darn pain medicine fouling with my on-board RAM. *chuckles*

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nO...JUST...nO
It was inspired by a true story...Meaning it is Fucking Fiction.And Children's Fiction to be precise.Stop arguing and reread your own source.Or better yet go to a damn Library and ask.
Then actually fucking read the damn book.

Darned fake news...
JK we will just have to disagree on this point.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

In my own experience, politics often goes out the window if it means depriving yourself or paying more. I absolutely can't abide chik-fil-A's attitudes to gay people... but damn, I love their chicken. In general, I won't patronize them, but now and then... *nom*

And I'm not really wild about AT&T's politics... but they're now the owner of DirecTV, and I needed to shave nearly 50% off my mixed-media bill, so they got my business. For 2 yrs, anyway. When the contract is up, then we'll see.

I think Hobby Lobby should suck a big fat dick... but my husband is a coin collector, and sometimes needs to purchase coin albums which he can only find at Hobby Lobby. *sigh*

Money talks (and sometimes chicken too)... bullshit walks.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my own experience, politics often goes out the window if it means depriving yourself or paying more. I absolutely can't abide chik-fil-A's attitudes to gay people... but damn, I love their chicken. In general, I won't patronize them, but now and then... *nom*

And I'm not really wild about AT&T's politics... but they're now the owner of DirecTV, and I needed to shave nearly 50% off my mixed-media bill, so they got my business. For 2 yrs, anyway. When the contract is up, then we'll see.

I think Hobby Lobby should suck a big fat dick... but my husband is a coin collector, and sometimes needs to purchase coin albums which he can only find at Hobby Lobby. *sigh*

Money talks (and sometimes chicken too)... bullshit walks.

Andria
https://www.whitman.com/store/Inventory/Browse/Whitman-Books?gclid=CJupqvf5mdECFZOCaQodEqkKxA

Chick filet is easy to ignore I do not like their food.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Easy for you. Not so much for me and the mate; we love their chicken! I could give several craps less about those godawful waffle fries, though.

Those books you linked to are just that, books. Not blank empty albums. He could get them thru Littleton's, where he has a membership, but they charge 2 or 3 times what Hobby Lobby charges, so he buys them at Hobby Lobby.

Money speaks louder than any beliefs or politics. And sometimes other beliefs are more important than political ones -- I'd have joined the lobby group for that other smokable stuff years ago... but I didn't want the authorities to use it as some lame excuse to take my child from me. When you have a school-age, minor child, there are strings on you, which you ignore at your (and your child's) peril.

That's called pragmatism, and it generally leads to a smoother life than sticking to some ideal(s).

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Money talks (and sometimes chicken too).

Yes chicken does talk. I learned this from doing live hanging of chickens for the kill room at the poultry processing plant. The chickens come in on a conveyor belt and all yell, "help, help, help", right before human hands lift them upside down and shackle them by their feet. If this offends, well, maybe eating chicken isn't for you. I just viewed it as a job to do to offer a paycheck, to supply good poultry product to consumers, a pain in the rump when the equipment fouled or our night shift was crappy.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes chicken does talk. I learned this from doing live hanging of chickens for the kill room at the poultry processing plant. The chickens come in on a conveyor belt and all yell, "help, help, help", right before human hands lift them upside down and shackle them by their feet. If this offends, well, maybe eating chicken isn't for you. I just viewed it as a job to do to offer a paycheck, to supply good poultry product to consumers, a pain in the rump when the equipment fouled or our night shift was crappy.
Grew up on a small farm... Many chickens were dispatched
Easy for you. Not so much for me and the mate; we love their chicken! I could give several craps less about those godawful waffle fries, though.

Those books you linked to are just that, books. Not blank empty albums. He could get them thru Littleton's, where he has a membership, but they charge 2 or 3 times what Hobby Lobby charges, so he buys them at Hobby Lobby.

Money speaks louder than any beliefs or politics. And sometimes other beliefs are more important than political ones -- I'd have joined the lobby group for that other smokable stuff years ago... but I didn't want the authorities to use it as some lame excuse to take my child from me. When you have a school-age, minor child, there are strings on you, which you ignore at your (and your child's) peril.

That's called pragmatism, and it generally leads to a smoother life than sticking to some ideal(s).

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Humans are top of the food chain. That means some other life must go to feed ours. And hey vegans... do you think that salad you're eating is still somehow ALIVE? It died the minute it was harvested. :giggle:

But chicken is pretty nasty stuff to process. I briefly had a job at Mrs. Winner's... but just couldn't tolerate the stink of all that raw chicken, had to find another job. At a steakhouse. :giggle: The scent of raw beef/blood isn't quite as obnoxious. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Grew up on a small farm... Many chickens were dispatched

We too dispatched chickens at home. Often the guys would set out a *cough* missing half a dozen or so when they took them out of the grow houses up behind us. The company never cared too much, so long as it wasn't abused or thought we got chicken all the time.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please piss up a rope.
In other words fuck off you wanker

:giggle::giggle::giggle::cheers:

You tossed out obvious low hanging fruit. Tosser! :D :) :p

I could not resist temptation, not when I could drive a lory through the gate. *chuckles* Sorry.

Think I'm heading off as well. Going to rack out a bit, hopefully get stretched to knock the pain. No, not stretched like that either. *grins*

VU Sponsors