Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah, did not have awareness they held to such a view. While bisexuality for me does allow some latitude to feel effeminate, I agree with your view in as much as some Joe ought not follow some little Sally into the Jane's loo. I offer no apologies in having high moral guidelines, and ethical standards.

Yes, I agree life oft gives us gray areas, I also agree there are clearly areas which are black or white only. Child abuse and/or molestation, bestiality, scat play, necrophilia, causing another anything but pleasurable pain in sexual acts are some of those areas for me. Granted that effeminate Joe might not abuse or molest little Sally, that Joe though needs to avoid even suspicion of such, ergo he can go to the Joe's loo. I also kind of feel the same regarding those I consider butterfly people ( transgender folks going from one gender to another ).

Bother. I will appoint blame to the Tramadol taken twenty minutes ago. I was up all night it seems from lower back pain, got perhaps three hours of sleep, if that. Then, when I did wake up, the ton of bricks from the dampness outside and chill in the air hit the right notes for arthritis to lock me up. *grumbles, sighs* Fucking bitch for me this ... getting older, shit. La la la la de dum ... "Oh, happy happy pain medicine. Dumb ass me ought to have taken it earlier. Nah, had to John Wayne it, bah!"

About the vanilla, decided I'm not quite for it. To me at least there's just something (?!?) off about it. Tastes bitter to bland and I know that sense makes perfect. * shrugs * "It just tastes icky, yuck!" :blech: This I forgot to say, darn pain medicine fouling with my on-board RAM. *chuckles*

My point of view has nothing to do with gay or not gay. My biggest fear is some pervert will go into a ladies room and all they have to do is claim they was in touch with their feminine side and everyone should ignore it, and then if no one is around they can attack and harm a girl and our laws would allow such a dangerous situation. That is why I am so against it. A persons sexual preferance has nothing at all to do with my views.

In my own experience, politics often goes out the window if it means depriving yourself or paying more. I absolutely can't abide chik-fil-A's attitudes to gay people... but damn, I love their chicken. In general, I won't patronize them, but now and then... *nom*

And I'm not really wild about AT&T's politics... but they're now the owner of DirecTV, and I needed to shave nearly 50% off my mixed-media bill, so they got my business. For 2 yrs, anyway. When the contract is up, then we'll see.

I think Hobby Lobby should suck a big fat dick... but my husband is a coin collector, and sometimes needs to purchase coin albums which he can only find at Hobby Lobby. *sigh*

Money talks (and sometimes chicken too)... bullshit walks.

Andria

When all this stuff came down the pike about chick fil a I looked at it. The do and have always hired gay people. They also have given many openly gay people scholarships with zero discrimination. The owners do not support gay marriage on religious beliefs yet they do support legal gay unions. I see nothing wrong with that. They have a proven track record of not being prejudiced against gays that goes way before the gay community attacked them and I myself see no reason to not give them my business.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My point of view has nothing to do with gay or not gay. My biggest fear is some pervert will go into a ladies room and all they have to do is claim they was in touch with their feminine side and everyone should ignore it, and then if no one is around they can attack and harm a girl and our laws would allow such a dangerous situation. That is why I am so against it. A persons sexual preferance has nothing at all to do with my views.

When all this stuff came down the pike about chick fil a I looked at it. The do and have always hired gay people. They also have given many openly gay people scholarships with zero discrimination. The owners do not support gay marriage on religious beliefs yet they do support legal gay unions. I see nothing wrong with that. They have a proven track record of not being prejudiced against gays that goes way before the gay community attacked them and I myself see no reason to not give them my business.

They give money and support to those "re-education camps" which attempt to "convert" or "cure" people of being gay. There is no cure, as being gay is not an illness, and trying to convert a gay person to being straight is on the order of trying to convert a black person into being white -- one is what one is, one is born that way, not "made into" that.

I've discussed the entire subject at great length with my son, who says he is bisexual, but more inclined towards gay, and I am myself the opposite -- bisexual, but inclined towards straight. My son says, and I would have to go along with his opinion, that he more or less knew his orientation as soon as he knew anything about sexual matters at all. When he was a young teen, he says he tried to "convert himself," which is when he realized that he could indeed feel some inclination towards females, but that the inclination never approached his inclination toward males. Which almost perfectly echoes my own inclinations, in the opposite direction -- I've always been inclined towards males, but was greatly confused in my teens to find that I also found some females very attractive in "that" way, and even experienced that a few times -- and very much liked it -- but men have always been my primary orientation.

As for chik-fil-A though, I also find their "closed on Sundays" policy completely laughable (likewise Hobby Lobby's). Apparently they haven't gotten the memo that "blue laws" are obsolete, and also, that policy is quite discriminatory towards the Jews and the Seventh-Day Adventists.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the other can be left or center.
it is one of the things that makes America Grate.

I was taught in school that Washington chopped down the cherry tree so I was correct untill I figured out I had been taught lies.
I owe you a beer

We too dispatched chickens at home. Often the guys would set out a *cough* missing half a dozen or so when they took them out of the grow houses up behind us. The company never cared too much, so long as it wasn't abused or thought we got chicken all the time.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They give money and support to those "re-education camps" which attempt to "convert" or "cure" people of being gay. There is no cure, as being gay is not an illness, and trying to convert a gay person to being straight is on the order of trying to convert a black person into being white -- one is what one is, one is born that way, not "made into" that.

I've discussed the entire subject at great length with my son, who says he is bisexual, but more inclined towards gay, and I am myself the opposite -- bisexual, but inclined towards straight. My son says, and I would have to go along with his opinion, that he more or less knew his orientation as soon as he knew anything about sexual matters at all. When he was a young teen, he says he tried to "convert himself," which is when he realized that he could indeed feel some inclination towards females, but that the inclination never approached his inclination toward males. Which almost perfectly echoes my own inclinations, in the opposite direction -- I've always been inclined towards males, but was greatly confused in my teens to find that I also found some females very attractive in "that" way, and even experienced that a few times -- and very much liked it -- but men have always been my primary orientation.

As for chik-fil-A though, I also find their "closed on Sundays" policy completely laughable (likewise Hobby Lobby's). Apparently they haven't gotten the memo that "blue laws" are obsolete, and also, that policy is quite discriminatory towards the Jews and the Seventh-Day Adventists.

Andria
Gawd I love you for saying that

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to burst an illusion but I feel obliged to interject a humble question. -----> Who says only one is correct/right and under what authority do they say? --- "Curse existentialism! Out spot, damn you!"
In a rational debate between 2 people only 1 can be correct...Reality What a Concept

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

If they give money to "re-education camps" then that is news to me. Have not ever heard that reported on any national news. If memory serves it was CNN that had a segment that claimed on how fair they was to the gay community.

As for anyones sexual orientation, I really can care less. I am a believer in the bible yet on the same hand a niece who is very dear to me is gay and I love her wife. That girl is awesome they way she turned my nieces life around and got her off a very bad road.

With the closed on Sunday, good. I wish more places would close on Sunday where workers are guaranteed a day off all year round that they could count on. A day they can unwind from the week and enjoy with family.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well crap, just found out one of my favorite musicians died on Dec 7th. This has been a horrible year for entertainers :(

In honor of Greg Lake........

R.I.P.

It really has. Seems I recall hearing that, but jaysus, so many have died this year, it's hard to keep up! :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:devil: Heh, heh, heh... Since I got this new phone, I've been playing a lot on another site, AndroidPit. They just published an article about "Smartphone curse of 2016", leading off with the "Note 7 disaster", and I just HAD to post a vape-centric comment. :giggle: Thought y'all might find it entertaining. ;)

https://www.androidpit.com/smartphone-curse-2016

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:devil: Heh, heh, heh... Since I got this new phone, I've been playing a lot on another site, AndroidPit. They just published an article about "Smartphone curse of 2016", leading off with the "Note 7 disaster", and I just HAD to post a vape-centric comment. :giggle: Thought y'all might find it entertaining. ;)

https://www.androidpit.com/smartphone-curse-2016

Andria
Good one, Andria.....:wave:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's, GFY and all that stuff :giggle:

Kinda a sad day. Today is payday and was surfing vape gear and it dawned on me, there is really nuthin I want.

Now thats sad. Shinyitis abandoned me :(

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it's the same idiots who want to remove the confederate flag from ever being seen by anyone at any time in any location -- just act like that nastiness never happened. A HUGE swath of the 19th century, in which many fundamental principles of American law and justice first saw light.... just act like it ain't there. Fucking morons. I'm a southerner by birth, and I have no desire to celebrate what happened here, it was an atrocity any which way you look at it... but it needs to be REMEMBERED. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't think that most who display the confederate flag are saying anything except "I'm a southerner, and proud of it." I'm sure there are plenty who are filled with hate for their fellow man, but I don't think it's the majority. Unfortunately it's once again the rule of the 10% -- you just can't rid of them or get away from them, and they always fuck it up for everyone.

Andria
You can purchase an ISIS flag, but not a Confederate one. :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin fugee's, GFY and all that stuff :giggle:

Kinda a sad day. Today is payday and was surfing vape gear and it dawned on me, there is really nuthin I want.

Now thats sad. Shinyitis abandoned me :(

Been like that for a couple months now, All I really get are juice and my coils, once in a while a new tank to try out. That's about it.

I've been that way for quite a while now, since well before that infamous 8/8 date -- I think I bought my last mod in June or July; after that, up till 8/8, I just bought misc. supplies -- nic, PG/VG, flavors, batteries, etc. Now I need to start putting together a list of flavors I need to restock... but if Frog in Fog ever put the Achilles back on sale, I'd grab a couple! :giggle:

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
With all the North, South talk, I have a question. Who here eats black eyed peas and cabbage on New Years Day? I know I do, just curious about yooz guys.

Was just thinking about that today, need to go shopping for the stuff and thaw the ham bone from Christmas for the peas.

And GFY everyone! :wave:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was just thinking about that today, need to go shopping for the stuff and thaw the ham bone from Christmas for the peas.

And GFY everyone! :wave:
Hey Reign!
Yea, I'm finishing up my coffee and then I'll head out to get the fixin's. It's raining though so I hope I don't melt cause I'm so sweet. hehehehehehe
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::devil::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::bunny:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With all the North, South talk, I have a question. Who here eats black eyed peas and cabbage on New Years Day? I know I do, just curious about yooz guys.

I don't usually. Black-eyed peas, that would be fine, but my husband won't LET me cook cabbage, just as I put the ixnay on liver; I don't even let him order it when we're in a restaurant, so I don't have to smell it! :blech:

I've never seen any particular reason to make a big deal out of new year. It's just another day, and you change the last digit of the date. Even when I drank, I didn't go out on new year's eve, too many amateur drinkers that can't hold their liquor at all.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heard that on the news this morning and am patiently waiting for the rain, couldn't ask for better weather on New Year's. :p
My son and dil are coming tomorrow and we're going to have a little bon fire and pop some fireworks. So, I hope it stops for a couple of hours tomorrow night. Haven't seen a weather report yet.
Considering I live in San Francisco, Ca.And not back east or down south anymore.
We (My Wife & I) usually have Dungeness Crab.
OMG I love Dungeness crab!
Not me or my family.
I googled it. It's a southern thing.
upload_2016-12-30_11-3-57.png
Oh, and no they didn't really kill the actual dog!!!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I found this.

In the many years that I have been eating solid food I have always had black eyed peas and cabbage on New Year’s Day. Why do we eat those foods? If you said for “good luck” I would have to reply, duh! Where did the tradition start?

Some say the idea of eating black eyed peas on New Year’s started at the time of the Civil War.

Peas were considered animal food and not fit for Union soldiers. That meant peas were the only food that was left for the Confederate forces and families to eat. These Southerners considered themselves lucky to have a meal of peas and salt pork in the dead of winter.

Other sources trace the eating of peas back to the Egyptians. At the time of the Pharaohs it was considered a sign of humility before the gods to eat such a lowly food. I always ate black eyed peas because my mom told me to and they are delicious.

What about Cabbage? Most people will tell you they eat cabbage or collard greens to insure prosperity. The green leaves represent money. The real truth is closer to this. Cabbage and collard greens are late crops. That means, especially in the south, they would be plentiful and ready for harvest in early January. Fresh veggies meant good nutrition.

VU Sponsors