Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The whole world is entirely too comfortable saying "don't tell me how to live my life, but let me tell you how to live yours". I used to think I never took things seriously enough then as I got older realized everyone around was just entirely too uptight about this or that. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to worry about what millions of people I dont know or care for are doing with themselves. Unless it directly encroaches upon my freedom to do what I am busy doing while not bothering anyone.
Yea but what do you do when they encroach on YOUR freedoms. I am not bothered about it and I really don't care what people do. But I DO side with @chopdoc on the whole bathroom issue. And......perhaps this isn't "his" thoughts, but please, if you can't go into a store, and find the correct bathroom, then "hold it".

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Marley's predecessor Angel was just like that, I would have to sit in bed with her with my arm around her while she was shivering until they were over.

So glad you're able to have him back around just from your posts I can tell he means the world to ya just like mine does to me. Alot easier to go through a break up like that with a best friend, if it wasn't for Marley I would've lost it a long time ago after my divorce.
Seems like your ex and choppy's ex would be great friends. GEEZ. There's some really sweet women out there guys!!! Now go out there and find them!!!! :bliss:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea but what do you do when they encroach on YOUR freedoms. I am not bothered about it and I really don't care what people do. But I DO side with @chopdoc on the whole bathroom issue. And......perhaps this isn't "his" thoughts, but please, if you can't go into a store, and find the correct bathroom, then "hold it".

Well that's kind of a tough question because it hits on the "I don't give a shit button" for me. I can protect myself in a bathroom so I don't care who's in it, the whole what about the children thing means nothing to me cause I don't have 'em and probably most likely never will. If I were to have them at some point my opinion may change.

Honestly my opinion on this whole bathroom thing is one of the absolute least of our problems but people latch onto it because it's been deemed important all of a sudden by PC politicians. And unless I am missing something trans people have been using restrooms far before this law stuff was ever brought up and no one knew because they were convincing trans, or deemed it important enough to debate until it was spotlighted. And I actually think that was the better way to handle it.

There's just as many straight sickos maybe even more than trans and I think the whole thing is a colossal waste of time and resources. I just can't get on board with the "what about the children" and then scoff when politicians use it against things I believe in like vaping or legalization of medical and recreational m*rijuana.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well that's kind of a tough question because it hits on the "I don't give a shit button" for me. I can protect myself in a bathroom so I don't care who's in it, the whole what about the children thing means nothing to me cause I don't have 'em and probably most likely never will. If I were to have them at some point my opinion may change.

Honestly my opinion on this whole bathroom thing is one of the absolute least of our problems but people latch onto it because it's been deemed important all of a sudden by PC politicians. And unless I am missing something trans people have been using restrooms far before this law stuff was ever brought up and no one knew because they were convincing trans, or deemed it important enough to debate until it was spotlighted. And I actually think that was the better way to handle it.

There's just as many straight sickos maybe even more than trans and I think the whole thing is a colossal waste of time and resources. I just can't get on board with the "what about the children" and then scoff when politicians use it against things I believe in like vaping or legalization of medical and recreational m*rijuana.
I don't know how you can compare vaping to transgender bathrooms. But, you did.
I do agree with the waste of resources...........no pun intended

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's funny to me cause I love irony some of the most judgemental people are so fucked up I wouldn't trust 'em to pet sit for a gold fish. :giggle:
Absolutists annoy me.
either good or bad black or white, my way or your way.
to all them I say there is always my way ;) And it may be like no one else's way.
And in political arguments all sides are often wrong.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't know how you can compare vaping to transgender bathrooms. But, you did.
I do agree with the waste of resources...........no pun intended

I'm not. I'm am speaking to the hollowness of the "what about the children" argument. Its weak and transparent no matter who uses it and is done so to evoke a response to the speakers side because what depraved lunatic doesn't want to protect children?

In the lack of a substantial argument you can toss those words out and automatically grab the attention of those who have children. I do not and will not ever buy into that because it's thrown around with reckless abandon now days.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not. I'm am speaking to the hollowness of the "what about the children" argument. Its weak and transparent no matter who uses it and is done so to evoke a response to the speakers side because what depraved lunatic doesn't want to protect children?

In the lack of a substantial argument you can toss those words out and automatically grab the attention of those who have children. I do not and will not ever buy into that because it's thrown around with reckless abandon now days.
I guess I see what you are saying. Common sense just abides.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

True dat!!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I work with folks who have to give their opinions on everything that is said and done. One night I snapped and told this one very irritating women that opinions were just like buttholes, everybody has one and that no one wanted to see or hear hers. She still hasn't spoken to me and that was months ago. :giggle: I'll only give my opinion on anything unless it's asked for. :)

It sounds like you're getting the best out of her that can be gotten -- SILENCE. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is funny how when you dont agree with the masses that you get accustomed to explaining your reasons for your views. The mob mentality prevails on line in many places.

Damn if that ain't the truth. On vape forums... let someone pipe up that they've never smoked, and watch all the busybodies flock to tell them that they should never vape either! :facepalm: I suppose it never crossed those busybodies' empty judgmental control-freak minds that if a non-smoker vapes, it keeps them from STARTING to smoke? And let's be honest: if vaping didn't exist, would those non-smokers who're thinking of vaping start smoking? A lot of them, probably. And did any of us listen to anyone telling us we shouldn't smoke? I think we all know the answer to THAT.

This is precisely why I'll help any adolescent that wants to vape instead of smoke -- I don't give a fat rat's ass about the fucking stupid law; law is very often a fucking stupid asshole. I prefer common sense!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I think one should go into the bathroom that represents how a person looks -- if a man is dressed as a woman, then sure, go in the ladies' -- a man dressed as a woman isn't going to be molesting little girls, or big ones either. A man dressed as a woman is most likely into attracting males. I know, some straight men like to cross-dress -- but not generally in public; it's usually a private indulgence. Men who go in public while cross-dressed are true transvestites.

I can't figure out why this is even a thing; ladies' restrooms don't have urinals, so how would anyone know what's under that skirt? The stalls in ladies' rooms have doors, with locks (hopefully that actually lock, so you don't have to hold the door while you pee!).

If a man says he feels like a woman... but isn't dressed like one... well he must not feel THAT much like a woman, so he can go in the men's.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Completely agree with you, and as I pointed out to Cromwell in another thread recently, I really don't give a shit about other people's children; if those people love their damn brats so fucking much, then THEY should be taking care of them -- I raised my own without recourse to them, they can raise their own without recourse to ME.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A man dressed as a woman is most likely into attracting males. I know, some straight men like to cross-dress -- but not generally in public; it's usually a private indulgence. Men who go in public while cross-dressed are true transvestites.
So, if I were to dress in a certain way.............I could go into YOUR bathroom? What if I were a person that was just waiting for the news to state it was fine for a MAN to go into a woman's bathroom. Hmmmm? Food for thought?
Let's just get a little math into this conversation.
1. Men are stronger than women.
2. Men are stronger than women. Ergo...............
Men are stronger than women. There's NO doubt about that. No statistical analysis that could possibly deny that FACT.
So, I say NO to transgender bathrooms. Period.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the math. 1 + 1 = Duh

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NC passed a law, HB2, that has cost my state millions in revenue. People like Bruce Springsteen, among others cancelled concerts in my state because of it. Basically what HB2 does is bans everyone from using the bathrooms of their professed gender. So a guy who thinks of himself as a woman cannot use the women's bathroom. My son is gay and though he doesn't dress as a woman, he has feminine ways about him. I've told him since he came out that irregardless of who or what HE thinks he is, he's still a man with a penis and should use the men's bathrooms. He doesn't have a problem with it. When both of my kids were small, they went into the same bathroom that I did. If the folks that were in there had a problem with it I never heard any comments about it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Marley's predecessor Angel was just like that, I would have to sit in bed with her with my arm around her while she was shivering until they were over.

So glad you're able to have him back around just from your posts I can tell he means the world to ya just like mine does to me. Alot easier to go through a break up like that with a best friend, if it wasn't for Marley I would've lost it a long time ago after my divorce.

That says a lot about a 29 year relationship. I didnt miss her at all and glad she wasnt around, but damn I missed the hell out of my boy :D

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
NC passed a law, HB2, that has cost my state millions in revenue. People like Bruce Springsteen, among others cancelled concerts in my state because of it. Basically what HB2 does is bans everyone from using the bathrooms of their professed gender. So a guy who thinks of himself as a woman cannot use the women's bathroom. My son is gay and though he doesn't dress as a woman, he has feminine ways about him. I've told him since he came out that irregardless of who or what HE thinks he is, he's still a man with a penis and should use the men's bathrooms. He doesn't have a problem with it. When both of my kids were small, they went into the same bathroom that I did. If the folks that were in there had a problem with it I never heard any comments about it.

Bruce the "libtard" Springstein not coming to your state is not a world shattering ordeal.

I seen on the news the hell your elected officials have taken for their stance and applaud them for sticking to their guns in the face of political correctness, Down here in Louisiana, if a guy tried to go into a ladies room, more than likely he would be found face down in the swamps if ever found at all. These cajuns dont play.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a girl at work. Dresses like a guy, has a guy's haircut and at first glance, you would swear that she's a guy. Until you look just a tad bit closer to see that she has boobs. She has a girlfriend that works there as well. The "guy" chick is pissed because the company won't let her use the men's restroom. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a girl at work. Dresses like a guy, has a guy's haircut and at first glance, you would swear that she's a guy. Until you look just a tad bit closer to see that she has boobs. She has a girlfriend that works there as well. The "guy" chick is pissed because the company won't let her use the men's restroom. :giggle:
She must have failed the urinal test.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fucktard pyros around here are ALREADY shooting off fireworks. :facepalm:

Andria
Some idjit has been driving around setting off M80's all day.

Bobby+idjit+face.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know. By the time my grandson gets far enough along in school to study American History, it won't even be in the curriculum. And it's a shame too.
Does it matter? Lots of what we were taught was wrong or intentionally misleading.

control is either get it banned or discredited.
I wonder how many people actually believe that Gay Hillary pizza parlor thing?
About the same number that believe that Trump was elected to be president?

Some people actually believe that Abe Lincoln was assassinated!

And some people believe there will be beer in heaven.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Follow the crowd too long and your nose turns brown.

I am a genuine individualist who lives within the laws of our society.
I have No heroes, no favorite singer, actor, etc,
I am not a fan of any sports team.
I am officially politically unaffiliated.
I see some things I like in both parties. I also see far more that I dislike than like in both parties.

I am an oddity and love it.
People do not like individualists we do not fit into any of their packs. Difference is not tolerated well by most.

You are either for us or against us...
Well sometimes I do not give a rats ass either way so I do my own thing.
And sometimes I am against both of the accepted groups.

Many do not have the balls to be odd man out.
worth it to me even if I do pick up a few testicular splinters now and again.

sometimes I just sit on the fence and watch both sides make total fools of themselves.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Follow the crowd too long and your nose turns brown.

I am a genuine individualist who lives within the laws of our society.
I have No heroes, no favorite singer, actor, etc,
I am not a fan of any sports team.
I am officially politically unaffiliated.
I see some things I like in both parties. I also see far more that I dislike than like in both parties.

I am an oddity and love it.
People do not like individualists we do not fit into any of their packs. Difference is not tolerated well by most.

You are either for us or against us...
Well sometimes I do not give a rats ass either way so I do my own thing.
And sometimes I am against both of the accepted groups.

Many do not have the balls to be odd man out.
worth it to me even if I do pick up a few testicular splinters now and again.

sometimes I just sit on the fence and watch both sides make total fools of themselves.
Who said anything about following anybody?
Stop trying to play like I said/wrote something I did not.
Now please fuck off.
I have no more time for your idiocy.

VU Sponsors