Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate crying over fiction, it makes me feel like a total idiot. I resisted and resisted seeing Titanic, but back then I had a real thing for Leo, so I finally watched the stupid movie. Really glad I was alone at home at the time though, sitting there boohooing over that fatass Rose who wouldn't move over and give The Man She Loved a space on the damn door. :mad: :facepalm:

Andria
YES!!! Thank you! I've always hated that part in the movie... I'm all like what a retard, move the fuck over you fat cow!!!! Of course i have a have issues, My favorite scene is when the boat is sinking and the guy falls off and hits the propeller. :tantrum: That and Kathy Bates (Molly Brown) makes the movie enjoyable.
I just blubber like a baby at the end where Old Rose drops the necklace into the ocean and then dies and goes back to the Titanic and Jack. :cry::cry:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's a girl at work. Dresses like a guy, has a guy's haircut and at first glance, you would swear that she's a guy. Until you look just a tad bit closer to see that she has boobs. She has a girlfriend that works there as well. The "guy" chick is pissed because the company won't let her use the men's restroom. :giggle:

I don't really get that at all. I've worked in restaurants and had to clean men's rooms, and most men can't aim fer shit. All men's rooms smell like pee. MEN's pee, which is horribly strong. Considering that most of them don't go for hours and hours, that's not surprising.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
YES!!! Thank you! I've always hated that part in the movie... I'm all like what a retard, move the fuck over you fat cow!!!! Of course i have a have issues, My favorite scene is when the boat is sinking and the guy falls off and hits the propeller. :tantrum: That and Kathy Bates (Molly Brown) makes the movie enjoyable.
I just blubber like a baby at the end where Old Rose drops the necklace into the ocean and then dies and goes back to the Titanic and Jack. :cry::cry:

Yeah I can't believe she just let him stay in the ice cold water. They'd both have been a lot warmer if they'd cuddled up together on the door. I dunno how other women are, but I take good care of my husband, he's my whole life. He's on notice, he has to outlive me, because he COULD live without me, but I could NOT live without him. Not for 5 seconds.

But he cleans his own damn bathroom. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Certainly wish someone (could have) stuffed a vape pen in my mouth 40 years ago.....!

My exact argument for helping just about anybody vape

Some vapers are so sanctimonious it makes me feel like puking :facepalm:

Yep, they are. They also have this totally insane idea that telling other adults what they *should* do is somehow right, or fair, or effective. It's none of the above.

When I first started smoking, I fucking HATED the taste of it. Even the Kools I started with... just nasty. I persevered, determined to be cool, and bad, and thumb my nose at everyone who tried to tell me what I SHOULD do or not do. But if vaping had existed in 1975, and I'd tasted that... nothing could have ever made me smoke another cigarette.

And then there's the FACT that nicotine, all by itself, is about as addictive as caffeine -- NOT like nicotine in tobacco smoke, which is consumed along with MAOIs, other tobacco alkaloids, and the other poisons that BT adds to cigarettes *just* so they'll be EVEN MORE addictive than they are already. So, when kids grow up and decide to leave behind their childish ways, vaping will be MUCH easier to leave behind than smoking has EVER been, for ANYONE. I started smoking at not-quite-14. I started trying to give it up with I was 23. Didn't succeed till vaping... when I was 53. I'd love it if not even one more generation has to deal with that shit.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What is choppy making? I must not have caught completely up. :confused:

Oh hun, I think I missed part too. I was thinking me and him might go cat-fishing though, some beer, dough balls, chicken liver, nylons. We might boil up some turtle soup, have some gigged frog legs. All in I was aiming we just have a fair 'good ol boy's' country fishing trip and enjoy some friendship for the sake of friendship. I don't mean "good ol boy's" as anything other than "country bumpkin, country boy's", seems me and him square up well as to what we think of living in general and some of the more 'heavier stuff' to it. Always fun to fish and have a get together with such a friend or few. And after my big dummy day yesterday, believe I could really use the gentle --- whew, relaxing evening or so to let my mind unwind and just accept "poop happens".

My first dummy; I thought all my dogs would like going into the 'kennel' together last night as it was going to be bitter cold. :oops: Well, one of them is not fixed and he took a notion to dominate one that is but is also still a bit edgy. Second dummy, reaching out and thinking "oh gee, didn't mean they kill each other, I stop-a-dis fight." :oops: Wound up getting nipped a fair piece on my ring finger of my left hand, right on the tip along the edge of the nail. (Holy crud it hoit but good, good.) Third dummy, after sitting in the full up ER for four to five hours yesterday, to just get the bite looked and cleaned, patched up ... I go and lock my wife's jeep on getting out. Ha Ha, of course her only key was inside. :oops:

The good highlight of my dummy day? A little :vapemail:that kind of has me going o_O:huh::xD::bliss::stars2::hearts:. I got a NaRDA & have absolutely discovered satori, nirvana, pure joy in vaping. In my now genuinely and truly humbled opinion, I have come to agree that @Rossum's opinion a single simple z mounted coil kicks ass, is spot on too. :) I'm just like "oh wow, yup yup a single coil can do what dual coils do and a bit better". I really didn't doubt him but it's just one of those kind of things a person needs to work through themselves to see. :)

If I'm fouling messages, it's from dealing with Tylenol, gabapenntin, vistaril, an every so often a tramadol to deal with pain and life crud a bit. I'm despising needing the "dope" but at the same time, well like my wife says, "it can be helpful when ya need it". I just rather not have the need. Kind of worried they'll "be more suggestive" of me going on and being put on lithium salt/s, like I told wife, "sure i'm a bit kooky and crazy. but i don't think i'm quite bi-polar and rather not stupidly get on the doped up chemical lobotomy train." I can still refuse any medication. If the shrinks "push" though I could be TRO'ed to needing to be on such and such, which would also mean being put over on 'legal guardianship', which just isn't effing right either, I'm still sound mind enough to know I'm not "that" bad off. Hell, I damn near had a psyche degree at 14 years old from reading college level courses on Freud, Jung. I like Gesalt meself, amalgamation is a lovely means of creating a person. :)

Bah, too much "deep ass shit" to think on at present, that as well as some current "home" issues are just keeping me a bit "out there". It's the "out there" in the sense of "well, I could say a lot but prolly lots better i don't and well I'm not that *ahem* immature, stupid to think it'd be anything but real fucking 'happy bunnies if'in I did." *nodding* Would piss off her whole family I figure, not that I think they would change around to be more appeasing, or they'd let little old me actually stop them from dragging my wife down. Aw, *sigh* aaaaanywaaaay .... :| :(:hug:. I needs some :coffee2: if i gunna keep up this :poop:. *chuckles & smh*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My fingers are so cold I can't feel them. I'll take some medicine please. :devil::zombie:
Man, pork roast just sounds too good. Maybe I'll get one of those too.

Oh dalin, I pass a ya sum of mine, moonshine via the inter webs. "World wide, futurista, all bad ass gansta yo!" :) It's from our new neighbor who is 'ventually afixin to gets his own still (sp) a going. He made up some corn shine, apple pie spiced. He got some rye for mash on his next big cook. :) He gave us bout two quarts in a mason jar just as a howdy. :) I got oh about a quarter o' that in another mason jar, just is genuinely a bit o' medicinal spirit. Yes, it does has the 'ghost' in it, but good. :)

*chuckles* Oh long bout ten, fifteen yrs or so ago, I walked round yon way here bouts. I stumbled on at least 6 different 'hopins' as they calls them. A few out of that 'forced' me to try out samples before letting me go to forget seeing them. Not sure which is worse for shine, Kentucky (KinTuck) or West Ginny, do know Wes' By Gawd, we keeps these hills smokin fer it. :) Evebody likes their tonics. ;) :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Love is love, it makes no nevermind what's dangling (or not) between the legs

Damn straight! That's prolly all that's straight with me. *chuckles & grins* Don't think I could ever choose one over another. Hell, I still miss a guy from a quick little 'restricted' tryst we had on a military leave. He was the most gentle of lovers. He was also Muslim, and black. For me it was "hey, he actually makes me feel loved and i love melting in his strong arms."

When me and wife first got together and/und we got to 'settling in' with one another I asked her something just to see her perspective. "Hey honey, be honest do you think me being able to have a man as well as a woman makes me less of a man?"

"Hell no! Matter of fact I think you taking it up the bum qualifies as making you all the more of a man!"

She knows too, that there's a lot more involved than the mere sexual/power/dominated stuff. She has been quite understanding, loving. :) I am so blessed even what being a soft atheist. :) I know it too and do cherish her. Hell though, I cherish any lover. Something mom taught, the greatest lovers are the best of friends. Not that you "push" for that with a friend, or make friends just to have lovers.

Last night was kind of well, there was much needed tears, boo hoo-ing. Wife was watching/helping me to build the NaRDA and she espouses, "Gee, ya fly tying?"

I lost it. "Yeah, it reminds me of that too." I then explained how my Pap taught me fly tying. He had a quite extensive set of his own made flys, his own full on building kit, old stuff, expensive stuff. He didn't blink. We sat down and he walked me through it all, showed me six, eight times the processes, explained the whys and how fors. Total patience and total trusting in me to not foul up his most cherished hobby. :) Damn it, there I go again. :cry:

Um, yea so that's my 'meditation', I talk with Pap when I build coils. Told her that he could've lived forever and realized I had not let go, of him, of my dog Thistle. I'm still a bit broken up even. Both ought to have lived forever in my mind. :hug: See, even us gruff old wolves get that morbid sorrow. Might seem we just carry on, but we 'member and feel the pain from having loved ones go to the 'next level'. Yep, yep, I needs at least :coffee: now. Bugger snot!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wasnt aimed at you buddy and like always, we are cool. I been called a homophobe and a few other choice names online for my anti men allowed in the ladies room views so wanted my reasons clear :D

It is funny how when you dont agree with the masses that you get accustomed to explaining your reasons for your views. The mob mentality prevails on line in many places. Just mention once how you dont think being able to say "want fries with that" is worth $15/hr and see how fast they gang up on you :giggle: Speaking of that, went to mickey D's today and ordered 2 bacon/egg/cheese biscuit, 2 hash browns and a medium coffee (lady friend with me had a drink), Was $10.74.....I dont think I will be going out to get breakfast again anytime soon. They have priced themselves out of the market for me.

Ah, knew you weren't lobbing grenades my way bud. :) Understood all that well enough. I too often need to 'splain out what I'm seeing, got notion bout. Hm, tell ya what I think it is. I think we both just damn iconoclasts but nobody want to tells of for fearing we be right, like all truths being self evident. *nodding* ;) :)

Fuck sake! Near $11 fer two biscuits. Well piss! I agree that's just flat stupid too much. Greasy spoon give ya whole damn heaping plate of food, blue plate special $5. Yep, two biscuits for $11 way too much. I can see your point not wanting to pay the $15hrly to flip burgers, it's fucking monkey work, truly it is. I would know too, taught them how to automate it all. (oops) hehe. Yes, I 'teach' machines. Yes, I've outworked and out fast machines at times. Whew, if only I were still 17-25. *grin*

Still kind of disagree though regarding the hrly pay. I do think possibly the better 'solution' would be what Martin Luther King JR proposed, Universal Income Wage or what not for everybody. I mean what with the whole system as in now being a shit pot corrupted, it's just not workable in my view, too much inequality. Yes, I agree there needs merit based inequality to a degree, people need 'motivation' to a point. When it's clear you need to decide, "life saving medicine or do I save that and buy a month of groceries", well then it's just too much. But no, that's not all on you and I don't think you're exactly wrong not wanting to pay the $15 hrly.

Chief Red Hawk told me once "society once meant family, a kin or tribe which raised all the little ones and cleaned up and took care of the old and lame. Well, then the round eyes he come and fuck it up." I think in a good bit of that he was on to something, and I think he'd agreed it's a bit keener beyond the scope of some folks yammer on grandmother's web to fix it all. Sure we could try but they got a system in place too, you and I well know and have seen that. :hug: Yep, we are definitely cool. Might kind of disagree but I think we kind of more agree and see that even our disagreeing means we're shooting at bigger bears together. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think all in all @f1r3b1rd had a really valid and good point. Life sometimes let's :poop: happen. Then,
2is73CW

because doing anything else leaves you cold and feeling desolate, empty ... least ways it does me. Well the image might not work. It shows us laughing. :)

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh hun, I think I missed part too. I was thinking me and him might go cat-fishing though, some beer, dough balls, chicken liver, nylons. We might boil up some turtle soup, have some gigged frog legs. All in I was aiming we just have a fair 'good ol boy's' country fishing trip and enjoy some friendship for the sake of friendship. I don't mean "good ol boy's" as anything other than "country bumpkin, country boy's", seems me and him square up well as to what we think of living in general and some of the more 'heavier stuff' to it. Always fun to fish and have a get together with such a friend or few. And after my big dummy day yesterday, believe I could really use the gentle --- whew, relaxing evening or so to let my mind unwind and just accept "poop happens".

Dough balls, damn. Always wondered who used that crap :giggle: Worms my friend, best bait in the world. Landed many 20 lb blue cats on plain ol worms.

Still kind of disagree though regarding the hrly pay. I do think possibly the better 'solution' would be what Martin Luther King JR proposed, Universal Income Wage or what not for everybody. I mean what with the whole system as in now being a shit pot corrupted, it's just not workable in my view, too much inequality. Yes, I agree there needs merit based inequality to a degree, people need 'motivation' to a point. When it's clear you need to decide, "life saving medicine or do I save that and buy a month of groceries", well then it's just too much. But no, that's not all on you and I don't think you're exactly wrong not wanting to pay the $15 hrly.

I look at it like this Morely, people are blaming the wrong thing for all their woes. Min wage is entry level pay, even at a place like walmart. If a person steps up to the plate they will move up the pay scale. The real problem is what we had for the last 8 years. I hear how wonderful it is that unemployment is so low, well of course its low when the job market size is down to levels we have not seen since the 70's, Over 15 million jobs left our shores in the last 8 years. We get them jobs back and jobs like flipping burgers and pushing carts inside will go back to what they was intended for, high school and college kids earning pocket money. None of those min wage jobs was ever intended to be a career to support a family but thanks to our fucked up government with its anti business regulations, that is all people can get.

There is no doubt in my mind that Dubya Bush was the idiot the village was missing, but look at what he did. The Bush tax cuts are directly attributed with creating 10 million jobs and raising the average household income from 47K a year to 55K a year. One of the first things our current administration did was declare those same tax cuts was only for the rich and eliminated them and we all seen what happened after that.

Min wage isnt the problem, the problem is min wage jobs is what people are fighting for and trying to support a family on them because there is nothing else out there. Yet all our government does is blame the big bad corporations for all the peoples woes, its the %1 fault people are suffering. That is why Trump has so much support. People are sick and tired of our government being more worried over a guy not being able to pee in the ladies room or a wood fire harming the environment instead of worrying about why there are no decent jobs. Leave the min wage alone, make it where the jobs will come back and things will take care of themselves.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think all in all @f1r3b1rd had a really valid and good point. Life sometimes let's :poop: happen. Then,
2is73CW

because doing anything else leaves you cold and feeling desolate, empty ... least ways it does me. Well the image might not work. It shows us laughing. :)

Haha, somehow reading that made me feel like a wise old man.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
But why start vaping if you've never smoked?
It just makes no sense.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk
I personally wouldn't want to see anyone go From.not addicted to nicotine into a habit or addiction to nicotine.
its not my place to tell another what to do, what I do see as my place is to make sure a new vapor; regardless of their motivation, vapes safely.
That last part is getting more difficult, with shops pushing crap, YouTube videos, and the fact that vaping has gone from an alternative to smoking into the new cool trend.
That said, I will question a non smoker and advise them not to pick up nicotine delivery. If they are hell bent on doing it Anyway, as a veteran vapor, its still a responsibility to make sure they don't end up on the news with fire coming out of their pants.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally wouldn't want to see anyone go From.not addicted to nicotine into a habit or addiction to nicotine.
its not my place to tell another what to do, what I do see as my place is to make sure a new vapor; regardless of their motivation, vapes safely.
That last part is getting more difficult, with shops pushing crap, YouTube videos, and the fact that vaping has gone from an alternative to smoking into the new cool trend.
That said, I will question a non smoker and advise them not to pick up nicotine delivery. If they are hell bent on doing it Anyway, as a veteran vapor, its still a responsibility to make sure they don't end up on the news with fire coming out of their pants.

A new line of adolescent clothing. Baggy pants with fire resistant pockets?
Next million dollar Idea?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Min wage isnt the problem, the problem is min wage jobs is what people are fighting for and trying to support a family on them because there is nothing else out there. Yet all our government does is blame the big bad corporations for all the peoples woes, its the %1 fault people are suffering. That is why Trump has so much support. People are sick and tired of our government being more worried over a guy not being able to pee in the ladies room or a wood fire harming the environment instead of worrying about why there are no decent jobs. Leave the min wage alone, make it where the jobs will come back and things will take care of themselves.

Alright. I can better see your point now and do fully agree that minimum wage or not, that is not the problem. You point to jobs leaving and the implosion of the job market. You're so very right about that.

My grandfather on my dad's side worked for nearly forty some years in the steel foundry and mills in Youngstown, Oh or the tri-state area of WV/PA/OH, affectionately known around these parts as "Steel Town USA". Well, fifteen to twenty years ago, Steel Town got gutted and locked up forever, nobody works there now but spiders, mice, dust, ghosts. During this time, Russia was sold the technical know how to produce mass steel, quick and cheaply by or at least with our government's approval/knowledge. That technical knowledge is purely an American advantage, but we sold ourselves out.

Steel making isn't the only area in which this has happened either. So, Yes I can see your point. To compound that point we've entered the "information age" wholly and completely at a loss. We've educated dumb everyone, neglecting to educate in Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths or STEM as Mr. Rogers pointed out and alluded to once. :) In a sense it is the 1%'s 'fault' if you will, they sell us out, leave us out to dry without proper education in order to have 'useful idiots' for 'monkey jobs' and neglecting to plan a society where 'jobs' indeed would be scarce for the automation of a host of 'tedious, mundane, banal' work like flipping burgers, preforming 'routine' surgeries, building cars, making steel, driving.

Bah, unto the real important stuff. ;) :) Yes, dough balls in nylon stocking tubes. They do a fair job a good part of the time round yon. I agree though that simple old worms have their revered place. We use the dough balls in conjunction with the chicken liver, putting a bit of liver in the center of the gob dough ball then tossing that in a nylon 'sock'. Let it out on a trolling line, let them come on in, draw the line up after a hours. They'll get hooked and fight themselves to 'sleep', reeling in is easier then. That's at least the 'general idea' of how we used to do it.

Ah, and I also do believe Mr. Rogers was a former Navy S.E.A.L. I mean it only makes logical sense, he swam naked daily, thieves returned his car they stole, immediately with a note of apology and statement of ignorance that it was 'his' car. Nobody fucked with Mr. Rogers, not even the sick ass media what tried painting him out as a pedophile and without any shred of evidence to back it up. Think about it, nobody fucks with Mr. Norris or Mr. Putin because they're bad-ass mofos, and nobody fucks with Mr. Rogers either ... coinkydink? I think not. ;) :) Mr. Rogers was and remains a true hero. Mofo taught kids about life in a damn straight shooting way and a lot of adults learned from him too, and they were scared because that learning taught them to be better people, taught them Mr. Rogers is the shit! Respect Mr. Rogers. I never did or will call him Fred, he is always Mr. Rogers.

Well, I got to get my day underway. Y'all run 'er slow. :) :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it is the global trade and global economy things.
When we compete with labor from countries where the avg annual wage is maybe 1 months avg US workers income the result is inevitable.
The living standard in the USA will decline as it rises in some 3rd world countries.

A balance in the force.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But why start vaping if you've never smoked?
It just makes no sense.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

Soo... you'd rather they started smoking then, got a nice addiction going on... THEN start vaping. Gotcha. :facepalm:

What makes no sense at all is that you can't see that people might start vaping INSTEAD of smoking. Did any of us really have a good rational reason for starting to smoke? Highly doubtful. There aren't many good rational reasons for starting to vape either, IF one isn't a smoker already... EXCEPT that in a choice between the two, if they're going to start one or the other.... VAPING IS A FAR SANER AND SAFER CHOICE!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
would rather they did neither but if they are going to do one vaping is less harmful unless they blow an atty thru their mouth.
The kids with hybrid style mech mods just wanting to blow clouds concerns me the most.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saying that non-smokers shouldn't vape makes about as much sense as saying that non-drinkers shouldn't drink coffee, tea, or cola. Or that those who've never been addicted to street narcotics shouldn't take Advil or Tylenol.

People for MILLENIA have chosen to smoke... for WHATEVER reason. Now they can make another choice, which isn't nearly as harmful. Why shouldn't they?

Andria

VU Sponsors